Motivation thread ?

Motivation thread ?

I feel like I'm wasting a lot of my time on Veeky Forums, but it's also the only website I browse regularly and there's still some interesting and productive things posted on boards like Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums.

Should I block all boards except them ? I feel like it wouldn't be enough because I would still spend a lot of time on the unblocked boards. Then, should I make a bot that'll scrap the threads during day so I can read a quick list in the evening and only choose the ones that could be interesting ?

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.Veeky
pastebin.com/7uURD4D2
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck yourself

There's no autoban.

You know there should actually be a way for someone to get themselves autobanned easily.

See?

I discovered that I could just make a program that'll get the archive page ( boards.Veeky Forums.org/biz/archive for this board), and send it automatically to my printer.

So, I'll write it and leave Veeky Forums forever.

big clitoris faggot niggers

Please delete that infograph.

That's totally garbage, especially all health related thing in the "become alpha" part.

Unless you're supposed to interpret this image in a clockwise style of reading, then this is bullshit. You must always have a stable income first before getting a money pit known as a girlfriend. Once you're comfortable that you can support both of you and STILL have money left over, you can start thinking about using it all on a family

By "blocking", I mean by modifying the hosts file of my computer, or using a browser addon. I'm talking about reading, not even posting, because even as a lurker I waste a lot of time.

:^)

did it work tho

testing

I guess you're wrong, OP

its in germany how do you not know this

>there's still some interesting and productive things posted

lmao people actually think this?

I'd remove Get a Girlfriend and possibly retitle Become Alpha but otherwise good shit.

Too many people are miserable because they either fear being alone or have the need to prove they can get a man/woman. Getting a girlfriend =/= success. It's a byproduct after the fact.

Oh, I didn't even read all the minutia. Go to Veeky Forums for the sticky if you want health shit.

1) what are your goals?
2) how does that related to said boards?

I know my goals, and also priorities.
I've done enough mental masturbation,
So that eliminates b, sci, lit, his, etc

I only come to Veeky Forums now, because it has helped with my financial goals.

About once a week I scan through Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums just to confirm that people are still mostly stupid, and read through maybe 1-3 threads to see where trends are at, since I have business interests there. I don’t participate much.

Can't you get banned? I got banned from Veeky Forums once for posting a /b/ meme post (Hi My name is John and I hate every one of you, etc) only lasted 24 hours, but still.

just post some CP bro. banned for life. you may or may not go to jail though, there's always a risk.

>he doesn't set up a bet with someone to see who can go without Veeky Forums longer

You're right, but Veeky Forums is also my only source of information about the world and I wouldn't like to cut myself from everything.

Here's what I did : I wrote a script that takes a screenshot of every archived thread. This script is running on my server. During the week, I can't access Veeky Forums from my computer. The week-end, I quickly read the saved threads and delete those who aren't interesting.

Pic related, a saved thread that I'll delete in one second.

Can you screenshot that script? I've beenthinking about doing this for a while

Jim Profit

lol, that's so old, OP. Thanks for the warm reminder, I'm gonna go back and cry now.

>he believes the Jim Profit meme

post klein flasks

If you're doing Python, here you go : pastebin.com/7uURD4D2

It's very basic and I didn't try to write beautiful code. Also, it only works out of the box on Linux : line 21 uses an external program named cutycapt that takes the screenshot of the page. I tried to do that only in Python with Qt for example but ran into a lot of Qt-related errors that I don't want to waste time with.

Here's how it works :

- You must have in the same directory of your script a directory named "archive", containing sub-directories named after the boards you want to save
- The script gets all archived threads of the board with Veeky Forums's API
- It loads every thread and takes a screenshot of it
- The picture is opened with PIL, cropped to remove all the captcha shit at the top
- Saved again

Then I can just look at the screenshots in, say, the "biz" folder, and delete the ones I don't want.

I wish to create a website+imageboard mixture just as big as Veeky Forums, reddit, facebook combined.

Where I have 2 zones. 1 specifically made to nurture quality posts(Veeky Forums almost got it) and nr.2 simply to give me candidates from where to choose from.

Post poni on /v/ or something, or yotsuba rule 34.

is it real that I'll be banned?

Have you not tried any of the 'chanwatch' or 'chanthreadwatch' apps/extensions that exist?

I haven't used any of them, just heard it mentioned here a couple times recently, didn't even know it was a thing.

But yeah, I need to set up a similar system, as even though I have eliminated over 80% of ALL media/TV/vidya/movies (Info Diet - maybe a movie or two a week, and maybe an hour tops of TV or entertainment a day, a chapter of non-fiction before bed to switch off the 'problem solving' part of my brain) I need to 'batch' my Veeky Forums reading, and post a little less. I get trapped in too many conversation loops, which aren't real action.

The 'Info Diet' and 'Batching' systems above, are taken directly from the 4-Hour Workweek, BTW.

>You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.
just go to /b/, everyone there will be eager to report you and the mods are constantly watching /b/