Anyone interested in doing a New England meetup? What would be the best location if we did one?

Anyone interested in doing a New England meetup? What would be the best location if we did one?

New York obviously.

>New England
>including New York
What the fuck

New York isn't in New England

Honest to god just grabbed first transparent image on google images for "new england".

excuse stupidity,

Stupidity is no excuse

Dude fuck yes. That would be amazing. Where's everyone at. CT reporting in

Sagamore Bridge, Friday afternoon about 4:00

Connecticut here.

Aye

we all jumpin'?

That's the bridge from mass to Cape cod right?

I'm in Maine. I was thinking maybe somewhere in Mass since it's the closest thing in the middle.

Too bad there's no good roads here

Central NY because fuck putting miles on my car

Anyone know any good roads in the general mid section of new England?

But central NY isn't New England ;_;

There are other car guys in CT?

I'm down.

albany here. i don't know why i know this intersection but its really familiar. it's bothering me.

Maybe we can have a mini CT meet some time or something if this doesn't work out, but lord knows we need a meet or something

I sound retarded af, didn't mean to use or something twice I swear

Shelton CT reporting in

also down for bike stuff or whatever

>CT posters coming out from the woodwork
I'm home

If all those other people can put together solid meets, I'm sure we can to. Okay so we need to find a solid middle ground for everyone. Does anyone have any recommendations for routes/roads/places to meet up at?

New Haven reporting

>those wheels

where was this? love a nice dirt/gravel road with good views.

What about some costal driving near Boston. Like meeting in Boston, and maybe driving up or down the coast or something?

>Former Connecticutan reporting in. Naugatuck/Waterbury still infected with aids?
>Cheering this on from the flyover midwest.

bristol reporting in
do not re-enter waterbury, repeat do not re-enter waterbury
high aids content advisory in effect

It's off Rt 69 north of Amity, just a small spot, but I has some nice rides up to Hamden and back. Most is two lane straights and rising curves. Roxbury has some gems though

Come to New Jersey, we've got cheap gas and no road salt unless Christie declares a state of emergency for 2 inches of snow.

It's on the corner of Henderson st and Clinton st if that makes you feel any better.

Yea stay the hell out of there if you want to stay healthy

>wanting to make other people come to new york and experience our "roads"

Please don't, some people value their suspension.

Posted earlier but finally got a better pic of my car, so Farmington reporting in

NH has some nice highways in the white mountains but that's not quite central, not that CT and RI don't deserve to be glassed

Essex county MA, used to live in central NH so I'm somewhat familiar with northern NE. I'd avoid the coasts and major lakes until fall because traffic is a major bitch this time of year. No idea what MA has for driving roads so no input here

Do it in New York

As of right now we have 5 people from CT, a few new Yorkers, and someone in Maine. I think it all Depends on how far people are willing to drive

I think Massachusetts would be ideal. If you guys are looking for a nice straight boring road then definitely I95

as for good non interstate roads, Im not very sure. Marblehead/Swampscott is a nice area with paved empty roads. Yeah, I'm not very sure

I'm in Hartford but....Are you all autistic as fuck?

only one way to find out, and ayy i used to live in hartford

I've never really been much outta Maine, so I'm not really sure of a good place to meet.

Anyone from Vermont? Rhode Island? Any good places out that way?

I said Boston because it seems to be in the "middle" of New England, much as Lower New Hampshire.

How about Laconia NH? It got a plethora of meet spots since it's a biker meetup town, straight shot from Boston on 93 and seems to be getting the best weather recently.

I'm down for anywhere in New England really.

Fuck Jersey

Farmington NY?

There's shit for roads here

860 up in this bitch

Fuck New England this a CT meet thread now

Nah CT
Ayyyy 860 represent

That's like 3 hours from me it looks like, so yea that's completely doable, and sounds like it has a lot of pros to it

Kek nice to see nothing changes in good ol CT. It was the same before I moved away...

Ayyyy! I remember back when 860 was born... fuck I'm getting old.

...and possibly a MI too, depending on if/when this goes down. Been planning on a trip out to NY/CT/NH to visit family. If I'm in the area I'll be down for it.

>tfw no PA meet yet this year.

Uh last I remember Hakuna Miata was organizing a Knoebels meetup, I'm down for either one but unless its a sunday theres no way I'm making either one

damn i was a tiny little thing when 860 became mandatory. didnt realize its been around for so long

why isn't there a NJ meet this year?

because NJ is a shithole with shit people.

I live in Naugatuck and work in Waterbury.

It's still shit and the drivers are still assholes... including myself.

Im from Vermont, roads here are pretty rough, New Hampshire has some good places though

Salem Mass here.

You live too close

>Marblehead/Swampscott is a nice area with paved empty roads

Dude, Marblehead and Swampscott are mostly 25-30 mph roads through the suburbs. Other than a 5-minute loop around Marblehead Neck there's no "driving" there. I'd say get out into Manchester/Hamilton/Topsfield/etc. Merrimack Valley area is lovely too but I can't go back there.

Wanna play a game of...pretend?

There's some good 'secret' roads around Plymouth. 10-15mins from the waterfront.
All perfectly paved, low day traffic, & no traffic after 9

I wanna hear the story as to why you can't go back

Nothing cool. Dated a girl for two years up there and everything about the place reminds me of her.

Damn man I'm sorry. I know that feel

>GAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY

I'm at least interested, WNY here. If it's within 10 hours and I can get the time off, I'd probably go. Nothing beats a good road trip.

I used to live in Naugy too! Well, Union City technically.

But seriously... what the FUCK happened to that italian restaurant that was on the right side of the road across the street?
>Pic related, on left.

What part of WNY you from? I can get from my podunk shitty ass state to NYC in 10 hours. You have no excuse unless this meet is in northern ME.

They tore that building down a few years ago. That restaurant hasn't been there for awhile, went out of business, I don't remember exactly when though.

You haven't missed too much. There's still about half of that big brownfield across from the firehouse vacant. The other half now houses a large post office. The high school got a renovation and is supposedly really nice now. We got a new restaurant on Church street called 66 Church and it's fucking good, their bar gets packed apparently too. Oh and they're doing some kind of construction on RT68 on the bridge over RT.8. No idea what that's about but it backs traffic the fuck up and always makes me late for work.

That's about it really I think.

Well... at least something changed there haha. Speaking of that old brownfield, is the old Uniroyal building (the one next to town hall across from the fire station) a museam yet or are they still perpetually trying to raise money to save it?

I know the route 68 bridge well! Prospect atreet right? That area was my old stomping grounds. The elementary school I went to is just up the road from that bridge haha.

The old building they were trying to turn into a basketball museum or whatever? That was torn down too. There wasn't enough money or interest.

Yeah that bridge is the one near Prospect street. I'm like right around the corner from it. I didn't go to Prospect Street though I was in Hop Brook.

What side of the river are you? I was on the East side just off of Route 68.

Hop Brook brings back memories! I spent my childhood summers in the pool behind Hop Brook haha. Hell, I still remember when they renovated it (I think I was in the 1st or 2nd grade and was jealous Prospect Street didn't get renovated either).

West side near the police station.

Spent a good amount of time in the summer with my friends riding our bikes around Hop Brook diamond street and the hills around the area. Used to be a nice little bakery on diamond street but it's gone now. I think it was a specialty cake shop for awhile and it might still be for all I know. Oh and across from Big Y, I forgot what used to be there all I remember is it was a Cracker Barrel a long time ago, that's now a plaza with CVS, AutoZone, subway, dunkin (like the 10th one in town), and some no name convenience store.
The CVS basically just moved across the street. Blockbuster is obviously gone but the liquor store and KFC are still there.

I spent good portions of the 90s outside just fucking around in this area with my friends when my parents got tired of me playing video games. It's kinda of nice to relive the past. It's not the same anymore, hard to say if it's worse, may just be the rose-tinted nostalgia goggles talking.

I remember that Police station and the scandals building it caused haha. If you live in the apartments across the street I'm going to flip a lid! One of my best friends lived there for a while. Chances are the two of us might have been sledding together at the golf course just west of Porter. Sounds like we're roughly the same age haha. Thanks for the memories user! I miss that town and those days, but like you said it could just be the glasses haha.

Nah I don't live in parkview but I have been sledding at the golf course a few times as a kid. I'm more up in the hills behind the police station. The Polish part of town.

I'm 25 now. Who knows, if we're around the same age we might have seen each other at some point. I barely ever seem to see people from CT let alone my home town on Veeky Forums, and not on one of the shit boards. Cool coincidence.

Hey neighbor

Revere MA reporting in

I'm down to meet anywhere. MA preferred

I'm 28, so I'd say its highly likely we crossed paths. Speaking of the polish, is that Polish club still there at the end of the road North of Big Y? (Probably not since I'm 0 for 2). I remember hanging out on that pedestrian bridge just generally being up to no good haha.

I agree it's a sweet coincidence, not to mention all the other CT br/o/s that came forward. Makes me want to go to this meet all the more haha. Only problem I have is none of my cars will make it to the state line as is, let alone to CT. If this happens in a month or two I will make it out come hell or high water!

Bristol reporting.
I'm down

>Revere
>Trans Am

Only natural.

But seriously, nice car. I've been thinking of replacing my Miata with a 4th gen but I don't know anyone around here who owns one. What's it like living with an F-body in New England? Are they really that hard to work on the engine?

I don't regret getting my T/A at all. It's my daily 9 months out of the year, but i have driven it through snow before without snow tires and it's miserable. The engine is a bit of a pain to work on. Anyone whos changed spark plugs on them will know. Overall I really like it. The styling is great(to me), engine and transmission are pretty gud. The rear end is a piece of shit, but im upgrading that soon. 9/10 car

The LT1s are even harder to change plugs on, right?

Lemme drive it some time. I promise not to wreck it too badly.

Middletown here

I have 0 experience with LT1s, but everyone's told me they suck to work on too.

My neighbor has an lt1 z28 maybe he can enlighten me

>implying I'll let some user drive my car

Should do it at the Bear Mt. car show in NY. It's the biggest weekly car meet around and 7 Lakes Drive is one of the most scenic driving roads in the state. I'm there almost every Wednesday. It could also double as a /dbt/ meet.

>implying I'll let some user drive my car

OK then we can skip right to sex.

A-a-are you cute, user?

I'm adorable in a Clint Eastwood kind of way.

Sadly user I'm not into boi pucci

Neither am I, but this is Veeky Forums. We're all Asian girls here.

>Tfw no asian qt3.14 to take on drives

You're reminding me of the 55 year old Korean woman who spent an evening flirting with me over dinner at my uncle's. Pretty qt.

I'm jealous tbhfăm

Did you take that by the taco bell/ long John silvers in plainville? I swear that's what I see in the background

Yeah Polish club is still there. Don't feel too bad about your car mine's a piece of shit too.

>tfw Asian qt 3.14 gf that you will take on rides in your split bench seat car to the drive in and around town

>tfw you know you'll never have this in your life

What day are people thinking for this

I was thinking either something at the end of the month lie (like 20th+) or maybe after the 4th next month.

I had mentioned Laconia earlier, and no one seemed against the idea.

Laconia NH? That's a terrible idea