/4am/ - Veeky Forums auto market general

Market general #1. Inspired by this post:

>lets form a bro network on Veeky Forums solely for the purpose of lowballing people on CL

>in case any of them agree to one of our lowballs, we can just set up an appointment and never show. further boosting OPs chance for scoring the original offer

Feel free to post sources outside of Craigslist as well, and/or post your wanted vehicles or vehicles for sale.

Other urls found in this thread:

houston.craigslist.org/cto/5618921815.html
houston.craigslist.org/cto/5618635946.html
houston.craigslist.org/cto/5613301813.html
jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/5582445248.html
cnj.craigslist.org/cto/5573518822.html
cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/5594577869.html
chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/5598739545.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

cool I just posted some shit on ebay. I kinda like the idea, but I prefer only selling locally

DEVILISH
E
V
I
L
I
S
H

ebay?
the idea is to actually call sellers on CL, pretend you're interested, then lowball them which a number which is not unrealistic, but still somewhat insulting

This is a good idea.

>tfw australia

wew lad I like it

Neat idea.
Gonna be slow unless someone buys a car everyday though

Maybe we can lowball sellers that say no lowballers during downtime?

I'm down for this. I flip cars and would be down to look at vehicles if some of you are a little too far out of the area. I'm an hour northeast of atlanta, so just let me know if there is something your interested in. If I'm close by checking something else out, I don't mind going by and visually inspecting it, kicking the tires, and lowballing the fuck out of them for you.

Not looking to buy but I'm willing to help.

houston.craigslist.org/cto/5618921815.html

Worth getting if I bring a taco translator and it turns out to be running?

Parts are going to be hard to source for it, and probably not cheap either. Plus that rear fender damage and rust is permanent unless you bondo and respray it. Seems like more work than its worth when you total in the towing cost.

houston.craigslist.org/cto/5618635946.html

Please, someone, for the love of god, put this in the hands of someone who won't rape it. I'll do anything.

They literally do not know what they got.

They want payments of $350 or $2300, I think.
93,000miles,tarbo, and the top needs to be fixed
I don't know, Mexicans are retarded.

10/10 would DD and keep stock

The best I can translate:

>selling mercury capri convertible. 4 cyl, std 5, 93,000 miles, turbo repair the roof missing. for more info call 832 605 05 20 tel. finance 350 down, 50 per week, 2300 the total. atlanta plates came running

>my cousin stole this in Atlanta
>finance through us
>well forge paperwork to show you missed a payment and repo it
Okay

Perfect price for Doriftu Projektu, needs a roll cage and stickers

no go away

Don't you dare fuck up the only decent 240 left on planet earth

Fuck off, it would be perfect, it's clean and all but it needs a personal touch, and an engine swap, proper drift suspension set up, maybe take the quarter panels and bumpers off ahead of time so they don't get fucked up and can be put back on after events, I'm gonna call him

Marietta fag here

>houston.craigslist.org/cto/5618635946.html
Meh, It's not that underpriced.

The hatchbacks go for maybe a grand more than that if the car is actually in good condition.

He probably just wants to get rid of it fast.

Please drive your miata off a cliff you faggot

Anyone selling the perfect car IE the 1992 Geo Tracker?

Almost forgot, need to weld the diff and mount a trans cooler on the front, like make a bracket so it external and just above where the good meets the bumper

I'm in athens. I usually have good luck here and the surrounding areas which is why I offered to help

>not that underpriced

Nigger where the fuck do you live.

>be 18 y/o grill
>dad dips into savings, buys you clean as fuck 240sx to take to college
>"ew dad, this car is 25 years old!"
>"i can't text while driving a stick shift!"
>literally never drive the car

i mean come on, maybe it wasn't the jetta that you wanted but your dad bought you a car. the least she could have done was learn how to drive manual.

>mfw this thread

>Veeky Forums thread dedicated to low balling
>mfw the boomer butt hurt rage that is guaranteed to ensue
Time to start hunting CL for old vettes and shit, fuckin hyped to piss off some boomer sperglords br/o/s

I'm willing to low ball them just for the sake of rustled jimmies
>I know what I got
>rusted out frame and paintless body missing doors and glass
>10k

Can only find 91 and 93s.
Here's a 95 for $4500

That's a great idea

Somebody buy this, this is an insane deal

Am I the only one who thinks it's fraud?
>Buying a manual 240sx for daughter
>got it cheap from a "buddy"
>Work late so no calls, (frauds never give the phone number)
>Suspiciously low priced
>not having been bought within a few hours of the ad being posted

I would bet my left kidney that if you send an e-mail the reply will be along the lines of "thanks for your interest, I'm out of the country at the moment so I'm selling through xxxx company and will have the car shipped to you if you decide to purchase it."

>2016
>not buying cars from a Nigerian prince
It's like you don't even want to get hektik

BUMP

>vendo mercury capri conbertible 4 cil std 5 93 mil millas turbo le falta reparar el techo para mas inf llamar al tel 832 605 05 20 financiado 350 dn 50 por semana 2300 total placas de atlanta llego corriendo

I am selling Mercury Capri convertible 4 cyl standard 5 gear, 93k miles, turbo broke, repaired the roof, for more info call [number] Financing 350 dollars down, 50 per week, 2300 total, Atlanta plates and it arrives running (the end translates weird, means something like working plates, running car).

But from what I can read, there is NOT a working turbo on it.

Damn, I was hoping someone was selling it for $350 with severe issues.

At least I can get an Esteem for $400?

houston.craigslist.org/cto/5613301813.html

bumpo

>Yoshi just drives a larger Yoshi

>75000
jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/5582445248.html

what should we be sending offers as?

just use gumtree mate

idk my great uncle (?) had a built C3 that he raced that he sold for 45k
I'd say for a stock engine one that's worth like 40k but im not really a master at this kind of stuff

>worth less with the stock engine
You don't know what you are talking about and that frame off car is not worth less than your uncles shitty clapped out rebuild.

i'm prob gonna be posting up a del sol with a '99 CTR motor, non LSD tranny soon in the bay area. Should i find this thread again when i do post it up?

>houston.craigslist.org/cto/5618921815.html
please post ads from your alternate dimension, seems like an interesting place

Gotta make sects for each stat can't just post links from other states and expect everybody to just call these aholes.

... Why not? The only person who has to be there is the buyer. The other calls are literally meaningless in a physical sense.

When I was selling my celica I kept getting calls from people out of state trying to low ball me I never took them seriously. So I'm just talking from experience.

It's not too hard to register proxy numbers from a certain area code.

Well if you can make it look like your calling locally then all is good.

lowballing works on normies or people who are not balls deep in auto

it can be effective on the right person

How much should I pay for this?

cnj.craigslist.org/cto/5573518822.html

>It does not run, It ran great and will not start once parked. It could be starter or ground cable or the engine siezed? Not sure. I am changing jobs and won't have time to figure this out.

>in pretty shit shape

Wouldn't go any higher than $1,000 if I were generous and knew exactly how to fix it the minute I got it.

bump for interest

keep this thread alive

Got to love people.

>everybody gets hype for an idea
>put it into action
>crickets

What happened to all the people who were "so down"?

well, not that many on Veeky Forums are looking to buy other user's cars, or else nobody is looking to sell

here's one
cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/5594577869.html

assuming it's still available, let's see if we can get it for about that "insulting" $1000

that price is not unreasonable

the lowballing is for idiots who have a torn to shit XJ or some other type of meme wagon which has a meme tax that needs lowballing

there are plenty of meme vehicles that are really not worth shit that need to be sold for their actual non-meme value

Agreed, $2,000 is actually fair in this case.

We need to find some overpriced Meme-R2s or some such.

I have just the thing. Helps that I've been looking for one for quite some time.

chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/5598739545.html

I have a full time job. You should try it sometime

Hire me, senpai.

>$12k
I'd give him $5k and a pallet of doritos