/twg/ - Total War General

VOLKMAR TODAY OR RIOT edition

>Regiments of Renown
wiki.totalwar.com/w/Regiments_of_Renown

>Call of the Beastmen
store.steampowered.com/app/404012/
gamesdeal.com/total-war-warhammer-call-of-the-beastmen-dlc.html (Cheaper)

>Patch notes
wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_2

>FAQs & General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War Warhammer Mods
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

>IS CALL OF THE BEASTMEN WORTH BUYING?
The Beastmen are a cool faction but the pack is a bit overpriced for what you get. There probably won't be a price drop for some time, so if you really like the Beastmen then go ahead, otherwise wait it out.

>OVERCASTING SPELLS
Double click a spell (it needs to be a boostable spell and you need to have enough magic in the magic pool) to overcast the spell
There's a 50% chance that the caster damages itself though!

>QUEST BATTLE TELEPORT
Select your lord (make sure not garrisoned or in a stance)
Select the quest battle (on the map or through quest log)
There's a button in the bottom right of the quest battle window that you can use to teleport for 5k gold (when the battle's finished you're automatically teleported back to your original position)

>GROUP ATTACK
Group units with ctrl + g
Select your group and right click the enemy
All your units move and automatically direct themselves to engage enemies they get close to while maintaining formation

old

Rollan!

First for 1212AD

>page 4
>new thread

>bump limit reached
>new thread
Makes sense

4th for q.t. elves

Why do I love Mannfred so much?
It's pretty simple when I think about it.
Mannfred isn't just the best character in the Warhammer world, he might just be the greatest character of all time.
Just imaging him riding through the swamps of Sylvania, the wind in his hair, his mighty steed below him.
As he rides through the World's Edge Mountains, the Lahmians swoon at his very scent.
They know how he smells, the essence of his smell is sold in Marienburg under the the name of "Carstein Orgasm."
The very nature of Mannfred is mystery.
Could he be playing a deeper game than even his creator realizes?
The answer is yes, he has transcended such boundaries as the written world, and has free will to do whatever he sees fit.
However, Mannfred is filled with such guile, such arcane craft that he does not even use these powers.
Why, you might ask? You will never know, for the mind of the Mannfred is not one that is easily penetrated.
Mannfred is such a force of nature in his realm that nothing can truly touch him, the only thing keeping him bound to the page at all is his will to exist within the preordained boundaries of his world.
Mannfred is not only beyond the comprehension of us, he exists within a plane of true focus and beauty.
Observe his playful smile, his gorgeous and rippling biceps, his gallant nose, and most importantly, his eyes.
His eyes, like pools of saffron, provide the only glimpse into the true machinations of Mannfred. Do not stare into them. Many good men have gone mad in the attempt.
Mannfred is not just a character, a formless collection of words and images, he is himself is the binding that holds the Warhammer world together.
Without Mannfred, the entire Warhammer world, the entire Games Workshop as we know it crumbles.
The Reik would stop flowing without Mannfred, Athel Loren would become a desolate crater, and Norsca would melt without his frosty gaze.
These are just of a few of the reasons why I like Mannfred so much.

Thank you. Let's see what I get, and pick between the two.

Should I buy Beastmen?

Either the Garamantians or the beasty boys.

North Africa shall be free!

Are you okay with hordes? If yes, Beastmen are worth it, if no, don't get it.

YOU DO DA RIGHT DING MA BLACK FRIEND

I like the idea of Hordes but Chaos got boring for some reason.

Beastmen looked like a lot of fun.

Minotaur tackles are oodles of fun. Also, hordes can be in the same province as one another without dying from attrition. Income is gained solely through raiding/sacking though, so you have to constantly stay on the move. But I had more fun playing beasts than playing Chaos due to the more dynamic units, and not having the pain of separating armies constantly.

Chaos horde system is dumb as shit compared to Beastmen. No silly infighting attrition.

Beastmen armies are actually fun, instead of infantry, infantry, infantry, a shaggoth, and more infantry. They also have a varied campaign, instead of fighting Norsca for 600 turns, then fighting Birdman, then steamrolling everyone with a 19 Chosen. You get orcs, humans, dwarfs, bretonnians, all sorts. It's way better than the WoC campaign.

can you guys help me I'm having a bit of a dynastic crisis

the current emperor of rome is too old and his wife too old to have children and i'm assuming he's impotent so there's no longer a direct heir

his brother has a kid who i've made the current heir, but i'm trying to figure out if he's the most legal one

tiberius the killer also adopted into the brutus family a son (Herennius Aemilius Paullus) who is deceased but has a child, age 12 (Publius Aemilius Paullus)

the family is larger than this but these are the closest relatives

who should I go with /twg/

Alright thanks lads, I'll buy it when I get paid in a few weeks.

It could go on sale soon. CA might do a sale once all the free DLC is released. If not, the Halloween sale will happen shortly after which will probably see a 33% cut on Warhammer and its dlc.

G O B L I N S

Does anyone know if there are any mods that add fully working new AGENTS to the campaign? Most I've seen just add them to custom battles.

All that mod did was copy over the Priest of Sigmar, I mean an entirely new Agent.

has this become some new type of meme?

YES!

NO! It just has yet to be answered!

I want to know if any mods add ENTIRELY NEW Agents to ANY of the factions, such as a Champion-type Agent for Orcs (Orc Big Boss, for instance). That's recruitable along with any other agents.

Perhaps a Priestess of Shallya for Empire/Bretonnia, etc.

But literally ANY Agent as long as it's entirely NEW and used in campaign is what I'm looking for.

Who should i play /twg/ ?

Can someone tell me what happened to total war arena?
My pants have been wet ever since i saw the game concept
MOBAish total war gameplay seems so fucking godly.. Yet i havent heard anythigg abouth the game in months
Shed me some light please

Mousillon user, are you here?

TEB adds templars of myrmidia to the southern factions.

>TEB adds templars of myrmidia to the southern factions.
But all it does is replace the Priest of Sigmar in the Agent roster with Templar of Myrmidia.

I'm' looking for a mod that adds an entirely new Agent to any of the factions, not pasting over a default one.

HEILIGES RÖMISCHES REICH

>playing Napoleon
>all these Heroic Victories

Afaik it's in closed beta or something and getting a bit reworked, dunno exactly.
I'm sure that it'll return though

How do I adopt "Other Nobles" into my house in Attila?

SIEG

Stop running away you little shits!

No. Now you can stop asking.

Already did that tho.

which faction?

>tfw you say Nagash was weak
>but he was very strong

France for now. Going through Napoleon's campaigns.

I'm glad there are at least 1-2 other Napoopan players on here

IT'S EVEN BETTER A SECOND TIME

I already played them many times before that!

I can't wait for 1212 to come out and to play comfy games with my little family of tributary states and kick ass as one big team

>Volkmar
>not Luthor Huss
disgusting

Go with Tiberius the Killer's kid. Tiberius has a cooler nickname.

Welp, the new DLC is in and NO FUCKING VOLKMAR REEE. Wait until you see the stats on the new demigryph, though.

Just as planned.

NEVER ENOUGH

M O O R S

reminder that chaos cannot ambush

They'll ambush your ass if you're not careful

proofs?

>130 hours played
>all legendary dorf
>still no campaign victory

The one time i got past the hard part into 'i cant possible lose' teritory, i just got bored and deleted the save one night when i realized i was missing out on the fun of blasting charges, and endevored to start a new save with primarily miner armies to see what its like.

But now i dont know if one of the upcoming LLs might be a dwarf, since dwarf LLs are both underwhelming and a new more interesting one would be fun, so i dont want to even start playing again at this point.

So Portugal then?

Moors!

his ass I guess

Just force update your game

it adds both sigmarite priests and templars of myrmidia. They take up the same unit cap, just like empire battle wizards.

>The new DLC won't be announced today. CA said this.

Fuck. I just needed to NOT capitalize the exe. God damn it school.

>it adds both sigmarite priests and templars of myrmidia
I'm pretty certain the priests are a unit with multiple members in it, and the Templar just replaces the usual Sigmar Priest Agent. Unless they changed something.

> Tomb Kings still not announced

>you'll be able to pre-order the dlc today and official release is the 25th. CA said this

You better be playing moors.

Im not gonna play fucking kebabs m8

just checked it, you can recruit both templars and warrior priests.

CA just confirmed DLC in 2 weeks!

o god

at least i wont be lonley tonight :^)

I want to do an interesting Attila campaign.

Zoroastrian barbars, Eastern Christian Sissies or Romanoboo pagan Ostrogoths?

What I siad is true. some user posted a comment of a CA guy who said this on reddit

What I siad is true. some user posted a comment of a CA gal who said this on neogaf

>Romanoboo pagan Ostrogoths
This
Gimmick - use pure stacks, only one unit type allowed

>Free-LC
I'm talking about the DLC!!!

>game crashes because i didnt help lombards fight their shitty rebels

You are grasping for straws user. I'm so sorry..

could be ;_;

MOORS

KILL WHITEY

MOORS!

Chaos shits never fight fairly.

THEY LIKE WITHEY KILLING OUR BAEUTIFUL BLACK PROUD WARRIORS

The funniest thing about the Moors is that their best infantry/cavalry are both Christian.

Are there any decent mods that make combat last longer and add good balanced units?

Aside from Radious ofcourse....

REMOVE VAMPIRE remove vampire you are worst sylvanian.
you are the sylvanian idiot you are the sylvanian smell. return to nehekhara.
to our sylvanian cousins you may come our contry. you may live in the zoo... ahahahaha , sylvania we will never forgeve you.
vampire rascal FUck but fuck asshole vampire stink sylvania..vampire genocide best day of my life.
take a bath of dead vampire..ahahahahahSYLVANIA WE WILL GET YOU!!
do not forget hel fenn. sylvania we kill the mannfred, sylvania return to your precious nehekhara...
hahahahaha idiot vampire and sylvanian smell so bad..wow i can smell it.
REMOVE VAMPIRE FROM THE PREMISES. you will get caught.
reikland+talabecland+ostland+stirland=kill sylvania... you will hel fenn/ magnus alive in stirland, magnus making album of stirland.
fast pray magnus stirland. we are rich and have gold now hahahaha ha because of magnus...
you are ppoor stink vampire... you live in a hovel hahahaha, you live in a dark castle magnus alive numbr one #1 in stirland...
fuck the sylvania,..FUCKk ashol vampires no good i spit? in the mouth eye of ur flag and contry.
magnus aliv and real strong warriors priest kill all the vampire farm aminal with pray magic now we the stirland rule.
ape of the zoo presidant mannfred fukc the great nagash and lay egg this egg hatch and sylvania was born.
stupid baby form the eggn give bak our clay we will crush u lik a skull of pig.
stirland greattst countrey

For what game

dont spook me m8

Where is the update!?!?

Was thinking Warhammer, but open to Attila to be fair

>90% of them are absolute based on WH lore
God is dead and Radious killed him

On Attila FotE + EP.

video today, dlc next week

>Taking units out of combat in Attila causes them to lose a shitload of dudes in the process

What in the heck

>Waiting for Steam sales
Meanwhile, you can already get the game for a lower price than Steam will ever give, in 3rd party resellers

look:

>not wanting to spend time with a qt

It's true in R2 and S2 as well
The withdraw penalty is fucking insane

Playing as the Moors in Stainless Steel, got any tips?

Yeah, I'm not a fan of stolen CD keys or giving personal details to shady websites and dodgy dealers. I'll stick with what I know and has proven to not be potentially dangerous over saving $2, thanks.

when was that posted?