Revisited this game and Zero today. Cant believe how bad they aged

Revisited this game and Zero today. Cant believe how bad they aged.

>i am so autistic i cant get past Zero's lack of realistic cars
>the fact that every civilian car on the third game is a yellow van gets to me
>the fact that every car its a car with top tier rollcage/reinforced chassis in monocolor with, sometimes stock body kit, sometimes top body kit, makes me think the devs didn't bother to make cars unique in their own way
>driving physics are 100% fucking shit in both games.

New game fucking when? have no 360 so i cant try the street import challenge game.

>have no 360 so i cant try the street import challenge game.

That's what I was going to recommend.

In the meantime, Genki is working on a new installment, but no word on a release date yet.

No. No they aint. Done a little bit of reserach. After their twitter post a year ago saying that they might try to create a new game in the saga if they get enough followers there was no official statement. Then again, i dont read japanese, but if they actually came out and said "we have decided to start making the game" it would be more famous than old games news sites saying that Genki is thinking about it. I hope they are, tho.

Is the 360 game that good? i am autistic for realism and good driving physics, which is what threw me off from TXR3.

My only wish for their next game is that somehow they can mix a few things like mountain togue and engine tunning like from TXRD2 and the ability to make your engine a turbo anytime you want instead of having to drive the car for an insane amount of time to unlock that.

Anyone has confirmation from Genki about the new game?

I picked up the game about half a year ago and I ended up having more fun than most racing games, especially over Forza 4 and GT6

>Shakotan cars, better and more tasteful customization than NFS and MC and even Forza 4 for jap cars. All cars have a degree of visual customization, rather than FM4 and GT6
>All though the graphics are ass now, all cars have the same level of detail put into them, unlike GT where I can point out the reused assets
>Races can and are much harder than other racing games
>Jack Knife Betrayal is the baddest mother fucker to verse if you start in Tokyo first
>A game that old still feels like your going fast, unlike in GT6 and FM4.
>Actually attempts to recreate the racing scene surrounding Wangan racing

when you finish a race and it is at the win screen , remove the disk and leave the playstation on overnight, pop the disk back in in the morning and you will have enough mileage.

These games are still badass. go play gt6 if you want some realism in a console game.

>customization
Point there. Its fantastic, actually. A shame that its a choice between weight or style
>graphics
I thought that having all cars have the same detail was a standar. I am still kinda upset there is no inside drivers head view and that the only thing visible on the inside of the car are the seats, the rollcage, and the HUD
>races are harder
Yeah, but i think the difficulty curve is fucked. Its more of a thing about WHERE you are rather than who you race/what's your car
>jack knife
You mean the asshole on the S-15 in tokyo in stage 1? didn't even see his Bio. Started my first game in tokyo because i didn't play the game before and i swallowed the meme of initial D and used the AE-86. I almost thought i was legitimately stuck in the game until i got lucky and made Jack bump into me while i was blocking him.

Then i used the money to buy an RX8. Car looked great, but by endgame a nonturbo is bullshit, so i bought an electric-blue supra with crimson rims in stock bodykit. Still unable to beat the game tho.

>feels like if you are going fast

Yeah, it does, but my main issue is that all the cars control like shit. EVERY SINGLE CAR oversteers for no reason, and it feels like if there is some kind of subtle steer assist on that only screws me over.

I really wish there was something like TXR3 but with more realistic physics and not the bullshit of having to go 1200 miles just to get a fucking turbo engine.

>attemps to recreate the racing scene

If you ignore the shitty "LOOK AT HOW DEEP RACING IS!" cutscene, yeah. But every game does that. At least i find the bio of the drivers very interesting since some of them have clues and refferences to other drivers, like the one guy who claims that his ex stole his money, house, and MR2ZW30 and now he hates womans while driving a poor'mans S14 or S15, and in another group of the same area you can see a woman-only group with one of them using an MR2 and a bio stating that she thinks mens are only to be used.

>remove the disk

I play on PCSX2. And i have already tried. The emulator cannot let me do that cheat.

>gran turismo 6

I am more of a freeroaming lover. Dont have a PS3 anyways, i would buy an xbox 1 just because of Forza Horizon 2 if i had the money and if i wasn't sure that it would get a relase/next installment in PC too.

>I play on PCSX2 and can't do that
You can still do that trick with an emulator.
Open the CDVD tab, click the NoDisc option, click on swap disc when the prompt comes up which asks you what to do and there you go, you removed the disc
When you want to continue, just click on Iso again (or Plugin if you're using the actual disc and not an Iso), click swap disc, continue the game and you're done

thx senpai i didn't knew that.

The issue about shitty driving physics is still there tho

>You mean the asshole on the S-15 in tokyo in stage 1?

No, that's dejected angel, jack knife drives the yellow/red s13 iirc, found it to be harder than the 15, since he was riding c1 and had insane acceleration

Also a cool touch on the bosses

>Racing bloodhound on the rain
>Water spray is red

Shit. I cant recall if the one who gave me so much trouble was dejected angle or jack knife. I think it was the latter tho.

PS: Dont get a fucking supra. Made an inline 6 turbo swap with all the upgrades and shit and weight reduction and that thing still cant beat endgame bosses.

Never tried the supra, I think highest I had was the evo v, couldn't take 2nd osaka end bosses, but I didn't make the swap yet. Then I formatted the pc and forgot the save.
Was a bit surprised at the time that an ivy bridge mobile i7 could handle the emulator without slowdowns though.

It can? interesting.

Ive heard from people say that the gemballa 750GT is the fastest car that can reach the max speed of around 230mph. But the Ford GT can also reach that amount without engine swaps, but i hear to no end how shitty it drives tho.

Really wish that i could get money quicker tho, i once thought that it would be a great idea instead of keep playing for the end to just buy the cars i need to do the wanderer missions, however i ended up spending all of my money and, unlike TXRD2, there is no gymkhana to earn a lot of money quickly, so basically i stuck myself into bankruptcy.

Yeah, 3610qm. It did require a careful choice of plugins though

>tfw UK
>tfw TXR Zero but no 3

Feels bad desu, but Zero has the better music and feel compared to 3 which has high walls and muh rock music

yeah the physics are pretty terribad, and yes that did ruin the Drift series because they decided to move highway racing game physics over to Togue routes, but even still the feeling of speed and risk in these games is unparalleled and customisation / tuning options are just great

>tfw picked Z32 to complete Zero with

Bit tricky when the engine performance dies off so quickly, but hoping that a new 4GB graphics card and i5 3570k will be good enough to emulate PS2 with. is that true Veeky Forums?

See my post above yours, I did it with a mobile i7, you should be fine

ah I see, ty m8

Any suggestions for car choices? I'm thinking Mitsu Evos atm as a stable base, they were in Zero but I don't know whether cash is just as slowly earnt

Have a i5 2500k and 16gb of ram. Cpu is the most important. It runs most PS2 games fine. Black runs like shit tho, for some reason TXR 0 runs worse than 3.

You have to challenge them at a speed that lets you coast by them so you can get a car length and block their burnout when the race actually starts. Going into the C1 so they can't use their speed helps as well.

I just went to Gamestop and ordered Import Street Challenge.

>$4.99
>shipped from another store
>takes a week

I didn't know it was made by Genki, I'd dismissed it before. I'm hype to try it out.

I know. I mostly do that. Not like if it matters when they still beat the shit out of me. I dont get how tho. I get the fastest supra as i can without doing some kind of V8 or Flat 6 abomination and they still get me like if it was a skyline vs capuccino.

>I didn't know it was made by Genki
"Import Tuner Challenge is the international title for Shutokō Battle X (or Shutokou Battle X) (首都高バトル X), a racing game published by Ubisoft and developed by Genki for the Xbox 360. It is the final main installment in the decade running Shutokō Battle series of games known as Tokyo Xtreme Racer in North America and Tokyo Highway Challenge in Europe, and was the last Genki-developed video game. Despite being the last Shutokou Battle game, this is the only Shutokou Battle game to be on the Microsoft console."

Dont you check the wiki of every game you think about buying before buying?

Might sound odd, but time when you challenge them. AI slows almost to a crawl when taking corners, and won't accelerate if they start a race mid-corner. Try to flash your lights only when approaching a twisty section.

Also your car won't reach high top speeds on c1, so do like them and tune it with a shorter gear ratio

Even then i still lost.

And no. I know sometimes the AI goes insane and takes the corner at full speed to use the barrier as a support to not lose speed.

Also keeps calling it Import Street rather than Import Tuner.

I get they're frequently associated words, but you'd think by the time you order the damn game you've seen the title enough to know what it's called.

I do now, I didn't then.

Like I said, time it to start mid-corner, if you take off right before one ai will still accelerate and crash like you say

Not going to lie, but it's a bit shit in some regards user, mainly because it doesn't include the bay route and instead tries to compensate with some not-as-good straight roads

Still has really good visual tuning, probably the best I've seen in any game with engine upgrades actually reflecting in the engine bay look plus interior customisation (even if they look fucking awful and not real to the cars, but that still doesn't make up for a total lack of cars

Music is a real drag, the general feel of the game just isn't there and the car handling honestly feels like a boat that steers from the rear with a 10:90 balance

tl;dr it has all the elements of the rest of the games but with a shitty smaller map and no excitement. Also if you 100% the game like I did to unlock the muh Devil Z, if you steer it too quickly to a corner it will being to flip over but the game stops the car at 45 degrees and it looks retardedly broken as you continue to corner at 45 degrees.. There are probably more reasons which I've forgot why this is shit, but if you play it in short bursts then it shouldn't be too bad, just not as playable at all in long runs like the rest.

*In addition, you can also play online (with friends, no lobbies) 1 v 1 matches or perhaps like 8 man friend only lobbies if my memory serves me well, which could've been this game's saving grace even with a small map if it wasn't for the fact that noone gave two flying shits about the game.

>playing TXR3 on emulator with keyboard
>no clue how many hours, but I was about 2/3 of the way through
>using a Z31 the whole time
>constantly need to find parking areas because overboost is necessary and cooks engine
>memory card utility is fucked, just use save states
>accidentally hit the save key instead of the load key when starting up the game one day
fuk

Theres also a sweet spot for challenging them that lets you start in the lead. Gotta build up some speed so you coast past as the intro starts.

If you want fast FR go with the FD rx-7 and get it swapped with an i6 tarbo. With proper gearing you will be at max speed the game allows most of the time.

i feel sorry for you, but what do you mean the utility is fucked? do you mean the plugin that actually keeps the memory cards got fucked? because if not, if it was that just the game didn't let you save because the memory cards weren't ready, you could have stopped playing and just reformat and load them.

Yeah, something was up with the plugin so that it would claim it saved right, but when I went to load it it would show both cards as blank. I should have known better, because this same glitch happened years ago and forced me to play the first disc of Policenauts twice.

OP here. I am kinda mad that in TXR3 the S13 and the 180SX are using 2.0 engines instead of 1.8. Just another autistic fit.

Did you take your meds today?
If the game triggers your autism then by all means do not play the game and then post on Veeky Forums about your autistic fits.

My autism trigger in TXR3 is that the Z31 is a 2+2 and has its pop ups permanently up

The Z31 has the pop ups open so that you can safely drive at night with its 1980's quality bulbs illuminating ten yards ahead of you. Its a 2+2 for holding bitches in the back while you race murderers in 500HP Silvias and having slightly better aerodynamics to counteract the drag from the pop ups.

>Its a 2+2 for holding bitches in the back while you race murderers in 500HP Silvias
Sounds like something Muscle vs Tuner would say

As far as I could tell, that was literally the plot of TXR3. The bosses of every area were all members of some evil sounding gang or something with names that involved stabbing.

Honestly i ignore the fucking story. Even if it was interesting its execution at """""cutscenes""""" its awful. Even TXRD2 had better cutscenes.

Every time you changed locations you were hit with some incomprehensible zen shit. Made me wonder if my cat had overheated, burned a hole in the floor and was venting fumes straight into the cabin during every race.

Yeah, and it was also too fucking long. I would have preferred simple text over that

>tfw playing Zero
>next wanderers won't appear until day 180
>the ones after that, day 365
>at day 104

jesus christ, in 0 they dont appear until X days? that's BS

the first one on the dreamcast was best

Some appear at specific times, user.

>implying

Still doesn't beat that one in 3 where in the english version you literally have to cheat to even find him.

Just finding a lot of shit.

Is the HUD 100% in english in the jap version or something? because ive seen people record themselves with that amount of money in a real PS2. Maybe you just cant get that amount of money IF you used cheats?

You'll need a gameshark.

The Dreamcast version ain't so bad.

Artificial difficulty. My bone stock Silvia 13 managed to beat FDs, FCs, Mercedes, And even a fucking GTR 34.