/pso2g/ - Phantasy Star Online 2 General #1152

■ Current Update (8/10): 「銀翼と黄金の都」
bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-maintenance-and-patch-8102016/

■ Weekly Boost & Events Schedule
pso2.jp/players/news/?charid=i_boostevent
├ Google: google.com/calendar/[email protected]
├ Random EQ Hourly Advance Notice (JP): twitter.com/pso2_emg_hour
└ Regular Maintenance: Wednesday @ 11:00 ~ 17:00 JST

■ Scratches: Seaside Vacation (until 9/7), Shiny Summer Days (until 8/24), Darkness Ruler (until 12/14)
pso2.jp/players/catalog/scratch/

■ Next Update (8/24): 「銀翼と黄金の都」Part 2
bumped.org/psublog/battle-the-statue-of-liberty-in-pso2s-las-vegas-field/

□ FAQs, Guides (READ THESE BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS)
├ General Information: bumped.org/psublog/
pastebin.com/CxBP1mEA
docs.google.com/document/d/1Ml9MGiN2Ich09mDtR82N1zn62oa1Mp6x6yzRjHrEf8c/ (Last Updated: 7/25/2015)
├ Basic English Patch: psumods.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=206
├ Buy ARKS Cash using PSO2es: pastebin.com/raDBtSpa
bumped.org/psublog/pso2es-guide-chip-database/

□ Database/Wiki
pso2.swiki.jp/index.php (JP)
pso2wiki.net/ (JP)
pso2.cirnopedia.info/ (EN - OUTDATED AS FUCK)
pso2.arks-visiphone.com/wiki/Main_Page (EN)

□ Simulators
├ Skill Tree: arks-layer.com/skillsim/skillcalc.php
├ Affix: pso2affix.seilent.net/
└ Damage: 4rt.info/psod/

□ Previous Threads:

Other urls found in this thread:

pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?特殊能力追加
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bravers are cunts

bouncers are cool

Bo needs adjustments but lets not kid ourselves they will get zero
at least the new camo looks nice

>login
>bouncer still not deleted
>logoff
nice game

post memes

Ext Receptor Affix Rates are already posted on the swiki

pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?特殊能力追加

エクストレセプター

Ext. Receptor + Any Flict/Alter = 100% as pointed out by Anonymous last thread

Ext. Receptor + Spirita V = 40%
Ext. Receptor + Spirita V + Spirita V= 60%
Ext. Receptor + Spirita V + Spirita V + Spirita V = 60%

(I tried this with one Power V affix and the same rate is reflected)

I guess it's good for making fodder but you'll probably never see PSO2es drop anything with a receptor that is above 6 slot counts

>stat5 still caps at 60%
That's terrible.

I'm not convinced they have significantly more problems than any other class does right now

I mean every tree's got something people complain about, right? Or at least, some worthless skills that are completely skipped over.

Okay you win, I laughed.

What even constitutes a meme these days?

>negative damage
>not a significant problem

>use persona ds
>spam zanverse
your tears sustain me

EXCUSE ME MISS, BUT YOU APPEAR TO HAVE DONUTS FOR EARS

>use axeon
>spam freeze and bind
your damage sustain me

They can do almost everything, but they don't have enough ways to specialize. Their only burst damage requires them to remain stationary for a long time charging, they will always have inferior DPS. If you go Bo/Te you can be decent support but then you're being less useful than a TE main.

The new ring will at least make it easier for Bo/Hu to spam vento, but vento itself hurts to whiff and it whiffs in many situations.

Not him but Bouncer's skill tree for me feels a bit empty. When you get all the relevant skills, there's not really much to get afterwards. It's sort of dumb when the best option most of the time is to get S-Atk Up 2 which is something that every melee tree has. I'm not sure why Fields even have a cooldown either, it's not like they would break the game if they were active all the time like a stance. Recasting them also makes you fall a huge distance and DB/JB are meant to be weapons that are used in the air.

Something like Craft Mastery will also be heavily outdated forever unless they decide to expand crafting (not announced on the next roadmap).

>Craft Mastery now applies to the total power of crafted PAs

It always felt like the only reason Bouncer even got Craft Mastery to begin with was because they had no idea where else to put it

fields dont just have a cooldown
theyre of questionable effectiveness either way

critical field is good most of the time but how good is it? outside of fi and to an extent gu, no class really benefits greatly from criticals, and ring crit bonuses are too small to even matter
elemental pp restorate is stupid
literally one of the dumbest skills in the game
and heal share is equally if not even more stupid
switch strike is also stupid and is probably the main reason the bouncer skill tree is such a mess in the first place
craft mastery is outdated now but even back then it was questionable usage, the only good you can get was with crafted red weapons, which everyone knew was inevitably replaced with 13* weapons
i can write so much more about the fucking skill tree alone it probably wont fit in several posts
bouncer is a fucking joke

>If you go Bo/Te you can be decent support
stop just go TE/whatever and equip those 13* jet set radio boots instead

>The new ring will at least make it easier for Bo/Hu to spam vento
while there is confirmation yet ring is suspected to work only when using neutral shift action i.e shit

PP Restorate is really strong for certain weapons, like DS, because it applies to each hit. Same for Deband Restorate.

except what is with the fucking elemental requirement
its unreliable and lasts for a mere 30 seconds
its strong only if the planets align so who the fuck cares

>its strong only if the planets align
For anything important you ought to be matching anyway

You're exaggerating a bit. There are only six elements, and only a small number of those are uncommon (ice, dark), and for JB, it doesn't matter.

It could stand be to a bit stronger since it is cooldown limited, yes. Especially since Deband Restorate is the same skill but better and basically permanent.

That's the point I was making though, the Fields are not that strong in terms of support compared to most other things in the game so why do they have such a long cooldown and drawback?

Matching Light weakness for EPPR is very easy because of Darkers and it's relevant for most of the super bosses but the elemental weakness requirement does suck ass. EPPR for me is important enough that I leveled the ring because it's such a big increase in PP regen (which is more damage overall) for some weapons.

They just need rework criticals and make them do extra damage like how most other rpgs do them and make it so techs can't crit

The key difference between the two is that Deband PP Restorate only applies to the Bouncer while Elemental PP Restorate Field is party support oriented and applies to everyone within the field

the effectiveness of the field is unreliable and depends literally on whether the people you party with have the right element

the only 3 classes that can reliably benefit from the elemental fields are fo, te and bo:
fo rarely needs the boost, often are attacking from afar, and tend to have more than enough methods of pp regeneration
te doesnt fucking need more pp
jet boots bo swim in pp from their deband skill and shift action

the other classes depend greatly on their equipment element
and if you say we all have light weapons for darker fights, its hard to believe but there are people with weapons that aren't light element. i know right, hard to believe, but trust me on this.
to them (a pretty large majority), your blue fucking circle does absolutely nothing.

and you spent 5 sp on it.

basically this
deband pp restorate is great
eppr field is a shitty support skill that can't support players 80% of the time

I'm not sure how previous games did critical hits, or if they even had them, now that I think about it. I do distinctly recall them having damage variance (joke weapons and other variants usually had a lot of that).

They should just rebuild Bouncer from the ground up. Should Dual Blade and Jet Boots even be used by the same class? They play so differently.

Jet Boots seems to be a s/t-atk hybrid, but the mechanics of the weapon force you to stack one or the other since a spread wouldn't really work with how players have been encouraged to affix their gear. JB also is designed with the idea of floating and flying all over the place, but TDs can do the same thing with better damage. The idea of shift-actions is neat, but they didn't do enough with it. Casting shifta/deband/zanverse, and that's it? If we can't add more than 3 PAs, then at least make the shift-actions customizable.

DBs have decent damage potential, but it's either temporary with break stance, or requires a rainbow set of weapons, which is pretty dumb, especially considering that at first glance ele stance is meant to be used by JBs becuase of the ability to change weapon element.

Remove tech casting from JB
Give JB to Fi
Rework Knuckles and JB into one weapon
Bouncer can have Slicers
Done

>and heal share is equally if not even more stupid
it might be stupid but ring version will probably be fun for hu/fi chainsawd shenanigans when ult ambu arrives

I want matoi to be ma toi

>and if you say we all have light weapons for darker fights, its hard to believe but there are people with weapons that aren't light element. i know right, hard to believe, but trust me on this.
to them (a pretty large majority)
I don't doubt there are a lot of people who don't bother but it's still questionable
Light has been the default element to unbox a special weapon with since the beginning and there's no shortage of trade-ins/collect files that have come with light element either
Prices for light changers wouldn't be inflated if there was little demand for them

>Punches and kicks in the same class
you a busta

>Should Dual Blade and Jet Boots even be used by the same class? They play so differently.
Should Katana and Bullet Bow even be used by the same class? They play so differently.

Braver is the grorius nippon warrior class, and samurai warriors were great swordsman and archers

So I recently got my mag to level 200 with pure S.Atk and realized that I can change my photon blast.
What would be the best one for a Br/Hu?
plsnobully

Pretty much everyone who actually gives a shit will go for Ketos Proi (the PP restoring one) or Julius Nifta (the gigantic suction vortex one)

It's pretty much the same for all classes

Julius Nifta or Ketos Proi usually.

The damage PBs only do decent damage if you chain them with other people but nobody ever chains them or they take way too long to do it so you're sitting there with your PB held like a weirdo and then you let go of it without ever getting someone to chain it with you.

Then someone uses their PB two seconds after you've let go

The one that turns into a giant floating sword or the one that turns into a AIS for you to pilot for a short amount of time

Why is episode 4 so bad?

中村 圭介

>his smile and optimism, gone
basically me for pso2 rn famalam

EP4 is good though.

SOLUS, what does Bio Beld and the new Anette chip do? google translate is being a dick

only for new players

>EP4 is good though.

I've been here since the alpha

Why this guy and not the other director?

Can a TE give me some gearing advice since i slowly amassed some wands over the months and was thinking of giving the class a try
got
>wind quartz
>fire ares
>ice ray
>working on light ray
>dark gal
>rikki
>hyper light shoes
i have not done any grinding/affix yet minus the rikki
also should i just wait for that vegas wand+ring to release in case they btfo everything else?

I would be interested in hearing arguments to the contrary that aren't 'Summoner', because unlike EP3, EP4's legacy far outreaches the class it added. Not to mention if Summoner gets buffed to top tier in the balance patch, all you tryhards are going to play it and pretend like you didn't meme it into the ground.

not sure you can enjoy that unless you've been on and off, explain your secrets

ALL HERE BB

Summoner isn't very fun even if it is top tier. The major beef I have with ep4 is the fucking shit story direction. Even ep3's nipland planet was better.

I can't say I've been playing constantly for five years, no

But usually when I stop playing I just wander off and then come back a few weeks later like it's no big deal or anything

Summoner plays like shit, so I'll never touch it outside of leveling it for stats/ocd. Even then I'll just feed it quest exp.

So, how many receptors did you get this eq period?

>Even ep3's nipland planet was better.
Nah. It's pretty much all the same garbage.

I'm just annoyed that they always make it mandatory for bingos

>I'm just annoyed that they always make it mandatory for bingos

Yeah, I skipped the current one because I don't want to do Aika's orders. Fuck that anime whore.

What's wrong? Can't solo SH Darker TA?

>I skipped free SG
well I guess the game is practically shitting them out everywhere now but still

There is literally nothing wrong with EP4's story.

>his smile and optimism, gone

how about NOW?

OHOHOHOHO

@ 2 char. w/ ~17k points

1 1-s weapon
2 2-s weapon
2 3-s weapon

I have 3 invades, summit moon ice, red wand fire and light ares.
The only one that really matters is the light wand since pretty much all other current content is so easy.
Also got 3 ray wands but haven't bothered doing anything with them until we find out about the ring.
The new wand could be really good since it has that extra attack on it

I don't feel like doing it on four characters.

>game is easy so don't invest on your gear
sasuga this shithole

Okay Mr. Time Attack autist, nobody cares about you finishing your PD in 3 minutes, calm down

>who needs rainbow wands, the game is so easy
>who needs to grind element, the game is so easy
>who needs to unlock potential the game is so easy
>who needs to affix, the game is so easy
>who needs to grind, the game is so easy
>who needs a subclass, the game is so easy
>who needs a mouse and a monitor, the game is so easy
Just sitting in lobby and dancing require none of those, you're right, the game is so easy.

You won't need rainbow wands after that ring comes out

I think you forgot
>who needs to launch the game, the game is so easy
because along with being easy there's also no real incentives to play it after you're geared up

Excuse me, Miss, but you seem to have doughnuts for ears.

How do I partisan? It feels so slow and unwieldy. Is there anything to it besides using graptor on non-moving targets?

it's basically a faster sword outside of graptor
most of the PAs are just alternate versions of the sword ones

Layer wear tickets take away the players means to resell it when used.
This discourages players from buying it in the first place knowing they may have to be stuck with it .
If the players don't it then the whales won't buy it to sell it and this will effectively take money from sega's pocket.

SG scratch has many faults on its own but to highlight the worst issues.
>Its another currency
This game already has too many currencies. For an mmorpg there shouldn't be this many.
Also the first scratch in the SG scratch was falz costumes, what would be the purpose to putting the most wanted costumes in the game in a whole different scratch mixed in with tons of unwanted costumes variants and useless items only discouraging players from spending on SG unless they got the sg from free tickets.

Locking arguably the best items and behind exclusive Ac scratch gets.

Giving away all those makeup coupons for free (true they have been doing this in late episode 3 and this is a game on customization but it feels like that was a reasonable portion of their income just going up in smoke)

If you divide the player base because of tedious bullshit like cosmetics it will reflect on the sales.

The anime was bad and made by normalfags who have never played pso2 before. It's already been said over 1000 times. It sold poorly. We are already too in to back out now.
A part of me instead wants a pso2es anime that runs a bit like Valkyrie Drive with just less lewd.
Only because not many people will be able to interpret all of pso2es story in its quantity in even 60-100 1 hour sittings.

Sega streams are kill for the next while.

Game is now 45 GBs that scare the crap out of too many people to actually download.
Few people actually play on Settings 6 because their character feels oily, sweaty, even possibly worse than before.

I don't really care about summoner so I have no critique. If its fun for you thats fine.

All of what I stated is opinion.

>EP4 is good though.
sega shill

Should i always fully charge volg before i zenith?
also what am i supposed to use against angel/doritos?

Can the game even be saved at this point?

>Sega streams are kill for the next while.
>Game is now 45 GBs that scare the crap out of too many people to actually download.
>Few people actually play on Settings 6 because their character feels oily, sweaty, even possibly worse than before.
Where do you people even get this shit

1.Summoner is not a very fun class to play or to gear up despite it being "top tier"

2.Content gated behind pre-scheduled EQs more than ever before making you log in only for those, and having nothing to do during the rest of the time

3.Said content with not very appealing rewards if you already have the Austere/Orbit/Ideal you want

4.Said content not being challenging unless you're into Time Attack/playing efficiently, therefore killing motivation to improve your gear

5.Rings being good but gathering limited by stupid mobage style cooldowns

Those are the main reasons that made me put this game on the shelf, probably uninstalling if Ultimate Amduscia doesn't fix some of these flaws

>Layer wear tickets
Maybe, although you could make the same argument for accessories and hairstyles. You can still sell the Outers, at least.

>SG scratch has many faults on its own but to highlight the worst issues.
MMORPGs are full of currencies in the strictest sense. It's not a bad thing, really. Plus they've added a ton of ways to get SG for free, and there's even a recycle shop to get the costumes you want. This was a valid complaint when they introduced it but as of today, meh.

>Locking arguably the best items and behind exclusive Ac scratch gets.
If you mean item lab stuff, that was happening WAY before EP4.

>Giving away all those makeup coupons for free
I don't understand this, perhaps you could clarify.

>The anime was bad
Sure, it wasn't very good, but it served its purpose as advertising bait. But its only real relevance to EP4 is that certain story elements (Diving, Aika, etc) are carried over.

>Sega streams are kill for the next while.
How can you blame this one on EP4? It sucks, I know.

>Game is now 45 GBs that scare the crap out of too many people to actually download.
45 GB is big but I have larger single player games installed. Hardly an issue in today's world unless you're suckered into metered internet access.

>Few people actually play on Settings 6 because their character feels oily, sweaty, even possibly worse than before.
Now you're just making shit up.

The streams aren't kill
At least, there's one coming up for TGS next month scheduled already
But after that is an open question I guess

But no more of a question that it's always been given their previous stream announcement patterns

>2.Content gated behind pre-scheduled EQs more than ever
Hardly an EP4 exclusive issue, and I'd argue it's kept a decent balance between EQs and free fields. The only EQ we've gotten is Yamato, and when Amduscia hits that'll be three free fields that are farm friendly.

>3.Said content with not very appealing rewards if you already have the Austere/Orbit/Ideal you want
Subjective, a decent percentage are also interested in cosmetics or just hunting items.

>4.Said content not being challenging unless you're into Time Attack/playing efficiently,
Challenge is really vague. PD update made it more challenging, Darker boss rush is fairly challenging, and Arkuma slot is impossible. Ultimate Amduscia will hopefully be challenging as well.

>5.Rings being good but gathering limited by stupid mobage style cooldowns
Please. Gathering stamina is hardly a big deal, you have plenty of time to get the right materials you need (provided you use food) to upgrade rings because leveling them up takes time, and it's even less of an issue now that gems are handed out like candy, and you can buy stamina drinks at the treasure shop for cheap on certain days.

There was no content gated behind >pre-scheduled< EQs until the magatsu fiasco but that eq didn't really drop anything very interesting, so let's say it was the profound darkness in late episode 3
Gathering is junk, it's a very tedious rng process that's not fun or engaging, and to make it worse you can't just gather up the willpower to grind it out in one go because of the stamina system. The most offensive part is you need to do it or you will lag behind in terms of gear because rings are pretty damn good actually

I had all the rings I wanted within a month to at least +10
And that was before they made it piss easy with drinks from the shop and SG

>he don't have 20 characters to gather enough gems to +20 a ring in one go
If only this weren't so boring i'd be filthy rich selling eels and grapes.

A month is a pretty long time to be doing tedious boring shit like gathering

Stop replying to the retard who is defending ep4, he's obviously a fucking moron and it should be obvious SEGA is doing things wrong with how dead the threads have been.

no more longer than it was to get a weapon with rocks

I AM A DEMON LORD!!

Stop replying to the retard who is bashing ep4, he's obviously a fucking moron and it should be obvious that SEGA is doing things right with how good the pugs have been.

Clearly only you and the people who "think" like you are the smart ones, proven by your ability to defend your opinions without breaking down into tears and calling those who disagree with you retards.

I bet you don't even have a hyper demon form.

I'm actually annoyed pugs are skipping PD phases again
I hope they buff it more sooner rather than later

But that's actually playing the game
If you don't like the grind, why are you even playing this kind of game

I know shitposting is the blood of a general but your approach is not very funny.