Elite Dangerous General - /edg/

GamesCom Edition

>Where do i buy x module/weapon for my ship?
High-tech systems have the best inventory, look there. The more population the better.

>Where the fuck can I find materials for engineers?
inara.cz/galaxy-components

>Pilots Guide:
forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=34437&p=664610&viewfull=1#post664610

>Steam Group (post your commander info in the announcement so we can add you)
steamcommunity.com/groups/dangerousgeneral

>Change HUD color:
pcgamer.com/how-to-change-the-colour-of-your-ships-hud-in-elite-dangerous/
arkku.com/elite/hud_editor/

>Markets Tools:
eddb.io/trade/loops
elitetradingtool.co.uk/

>Ship discounts (report these as you find them)
All systems exploited by Li Yong-Rui have a discount on ships and outfits for example:
NU TAURI - Parmitano Terminal
BD+28 413 - Gunn Station

>Horizons? Engineers? What?
Horizons DLC added planetary landings, explore planets with the blue icon and gather materials for special boosts, ammunition or Engineer upgrades that modify your ship modules.
>List of Engineers & blueprints:
inara.cz/galaxy-blueprints
inara.cz/galaxy-engineers

>Test your ships before you buy:
edshipyard.com/
coriolis.io/

>/edg/ faction stuff from the previous thread:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rDxVVfavgiEdr9CbNS51j9wYHpXyz25H7uu7O6TeDzA/edit#gid=0

Other urls found in this thread:

puu
youtube.com/watch?v=OgPymfKEmUo
youtube.com/watch?v=v5QCdABC0lA
youtube.com/watch?v=wQaK-j1n8co
youtube.com/watch?v=pNkQMtZAMAw
youtu.be/zflPK3LATCc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because please, stop this SCG/EDG merger. If this thread dies before hitting limit, then let it be so. We'll just create another one.

I love you all, /edg/, but you are not doing so well in that merged thread.

New so far:

>Fighters:
Fighters can be controlled by player or AI pilots you can hire.
Hangar holds 1 fighter. If the fighter gets destroyed, the module will be able to build up to 9 more.
3 fighters available: F63 Condor, Imperial Fighter, new Fighter Taipan (most powerful of them)

>Stations:
new civilian stations
military installations
shipyards

>Transport missions:
passengers
VIPs, VIPs demand special treatment. If they aren't happy with your performance they might eject with a rescue capsule.
new ship Beluga liner only Beluga liner & Orca can be equipped with luxuray apartments

>Misc:
Automatic ship transfers between stations
fines can be payed over distance

>Thargoids?
We'll get more information about aliens on Sunday.

We will likely see more of the Thargoids, including ships and such, tomorrow.

So can you not land on outposts with fighters if you fly large ship?
Is it known what properties civilian station have vs military ones?

>october
lmao wtf braben

So I've blinged out my Courier, what do I grind for next?

Clipper?

inb4 vulture dont even mention that shitty ass ship

>buy a new ship in the boonies
>load it up for the trip back in
>they don't sell hyperdrives at that station
>check my route
>mfw

How do you like the Courier? Mine made me want to claw my eyes out. I much prefer the DBS.

Not that user but the DB looked kind of cool in the concept art, don't like how it turned out in game so much.

It grew on me. I'm saving up for a Vulture.

The Clipper is just awesome to fly. Dat boost sound. It's not the best of the best, but getting to Baron in order to buy it feels like an extra achievement.

I love it so far but power distribution is kinda shit

Going to test 2 beams 1 MC in a moment, if that runs well I'll be very much okay with it

DBS is pretty nice, good agility and nice hardpoint placement, though I can't holds its own against tougher opponents.

Also, what did you not like about the iCourier?

Get Grade 5 corrosive on your MCs and thermal vent in your beams for PvE, Thermal shock for PvP.

I wish missiles were "viable"
The hardpoint placement on the iCourier is odd and I seemed to die in it more than the DBS. It might just be me. I had more fun in an Eagle than the iCourier.

courier shields are simply amazing tho, dunno how you could die in it

puu dot sh/qFKjQ/f65552a788.mp4

Bi-weaves or regular shields on the iCourier?

youtube.com/watch?v=OgPymfKEmUo

Dolphin landing next to the Keelback at 0:46 !

Taipan Fighter

Forgot pic..

Thargoid clips from the removed teaser.

looks crap tbqh

>starport variety
Fucking finally. Took almost two years.

Port variant: Tourism.
youtube.com/watch?v=v5QCdABC0lA

Looks bloody fancy.

Where are the full stream VODs btw?

I want to watch the part about geysers.

youtube.com/watch?v=wQaK-j1n8co

The Grand Visionary himself.

Dolphin. Nice, two new passenger ships.

>new visuals for white dorfs and neutron stars
Noice.

He mentioned pulsar beams, hope they are more than just aesthetic.

All those parks with no-one in them annoys me. Looks pretty though. I just hope the water and trees don't make the performance even worse in stations since I'm on the toasteriest of toasters.

>25 jumps in
>no stations to refuel
>out of fuel
>glad I was able to pick up this 1E fuel scoop or I'd be boned
>15 minutes of being parked on a star later I've filled less than 1/4 of a tank
Good thing I'm watching TV and shitposting.

Adding people would make it even worse I suspect.

>Is the docking bay really the best place for the steel refinery?
>It'll be fine the pilots will love it.

Tiny ass newbs

>hope they are more than just aesthetic
As much as I'd like to see them being an additional environmental hazzard, I honestly doubt that. Most likely they'll use the same sprite solution they use for solar emissions, which are cosmetic only.

Still a bit of much needed variety.

youtube.com/watch?v=pNkQMtZAMAw

A bit more variety is always welcome in-game. Small QoL things make huge improvements together.

While you're probably right pulsar jets look to have so much firepower that it would be comical if you could just sit in the path of one and bask.

Anyone downloaded the leaked interview #4?

Some put it on jewtube. It quickly got removed. Someone has to have it.

>dads are too slow to have saved it.

Some binary shit from the interview with Braben.

Translation:

>To find us, look for a bounty hunter.

>To find more clues you'll need pre-logistics support in a system with one star, two belts, three rings, and enough radiation to turn you green.

>The hunt begins on the 28th.

Gamma bursts?

Lmao those Graboids are such attention whores.

Corvette paintjerbs when?

How the fuck do I make 900 mil in less than a fucking month?

now

Why did you make a standalone thread?
It's gonna die at the first lack of posters

Drive that poo, every day.

why would you need 900m in less than a month?

I want to buy a corvette and outfit it with sick shit and then never play the game again.
I wanna do it in a reasonable amount of time

buy my account $200
or 1 webcam session with you for at least an hour

>dance for me
>yes good
>dance for your corvette like a good whore

>not cruising around in your jacked corvette being nigh-unkillable and a mortal threat to anything nearby once you get it

Sothis/Ceos easy.

yeah being a threat to the 31 players in your instance that you have no chance of ever finding in a universe this big

>tfw 4th interview got leaked
>tfw guy gave me the download
>tfw it's got ayylmaos
you guys are in for a treat

please post to mega

Wow it really does look like a Basestar. Pretty excited desu. Mostly interested on seeing how they do the mechanics for being interdicted in witchspace.

Is there any actual screens/video showing what volcanic planet surfaces will look like?

What nebula is that I wonder?

All I saw was a geyser opening and some kind of thermal vent made out of tubes that will be placed around an area with volcanic activity. I sincerely hope that's not all they're going to add. I want muh ice volcanoes.

pics or it didn't happen

I'm going to tease you with green smoke instead

Anyone have any luck getting a UP? I'm sitting by the Ammonia world by the Pleiades nebula and I have yet to find one.

wut
The 4th part of the gamescom interview is directly linked to on the subreddit in the top post right now.

Am I missing something here?

ayy

FD accidentally released it early before removing it (not before some people saved it) and ruined the whole gamescom surprise

wait so its longer than that? post the rest bro

So what faction/Powerplay should I focus on?

you want 5 minutes of VISION?
ok

youtu.be/zflPK3LATCc

wrong pic

that ending

What do you guys do while grinding Sothis/Ceos?

I watch Twitch on my second monitor.

>60/95 jumps down
>have to stop every 20 for 40 minutes to refuel 32T of fuel with a 1E fuel scoop

WHY DIDN'T I FIT THIS THING PROPERLY BEFORE FILLING IT WITH SHIT

The good news is that you can fit it properly after you've completed your mission.

I've taken a detour to the nearest station with an outfitter, but that's still another 30 minute refuel away.

having hit 66 hours in this game I have to say the grind is less horrible than in war thunder that I''ve played for hundreds of hours until I grew to hate it with all my soul

>tfw still in a DBS

07 daddy

pls not here too

>always have trouble getting into an endless turnfight in my courier
>always get out without a scratch
>decide to learn how to fight properly
>use combat tips from reddit
>get BTFO by a random NPC DBS after being interdicted

yeah fuck that I'm never listening to those assholes again

DBS stronk

I cant bear these cloying faggots.

This game is taking a LOT longer to flesh out that it would otherwise, because they cant stop shlepping brabens dick and pretending everything is fucking fine because theyre "making their own fun" in a game where if youve seen 10 different star systems youve seen them all and right now the most advantageous thing to do is haul literal shit around as a job.

I bet many of these people have 4 figures of hours sunk into this game already and can never admit to themselves they spent that much time flying around with basically nothing to do, which has only recently *begun* to change, and i know fdev is all over that leddit daily soaking up the sycophants so the message they get is EVERYTHINGS FINE. They even managed to start a little cult of personality around Braben who as far as i can see has the charisma of a sea sponge. I dont care about him personally, i care about the potential this game could reach if people started getting real with fdev instead of giving them a fucking relaxing foot rub every time they show up.

I got about 100hrs in the game so far and im just about done, i wont sink the big hours in until the game deserves it. Im not gonna compensate for fdevs failure to implement actual gameplay for almost 2 years by using external fansites to LARP and pretend im in an eve corp or some shit.

Get it the fuck together, give this game a point beyond fuck bitches get money, already.

I can just fucking bet that reddit is behind horizons

>Hey david wouldn't it be great if ED was like Mass Effect rofl? Like you have your own Mako you can drop on planets and drive around like CMDR Shepherd that would be AWESOME lmao
>5000 upvotes
>horizons gets made

Im not buying it until the "season" is complete and under 20 dollars.

The shit weve seen so far in each update would be classed as a point release in other games (or it used to be), nothing even close to expansion tier.

People want to walk on planets and all I want is space to be fun

I think what most people want is for this game to have more content than First Encounters had 30 years ago because at this point it has less

The procedural galaxy and kind of lengthy travel time is the hallmark of the game so don't count on it changed. I'm perfectly cool with both but I just want something to fucking do with my cool ass ship that isn't grinding

And they can easily do that they just need to get off their ass and stop listening to reddit bootlickers who say "game is fine because it tickles my nostalgia when I play 30 minutes after work"

This. I want a fun, huge space game to NEET it up in.

Best fucking soundtrack

How are you not overheating

Just finished my fucking 95 jump epic. Took something like 5 hours having to stop for 40 mins every time I need to refuel. Holy shit. Hardly seems worth the 40 mil. Oh well, got the upgrades so it should be down to about 30 mins next time.

DBS or DBE? I'm not a meta-memeing pvp guy. I just want a long ranged self sustaining exoplorer and I think the DB's look better than the Asp. I just want to fuck off into the distant stars for a bit.

Don't park at full fuel level bro. if you go in to the sweet spot around 3/4 fill rate, you can just throttle down and park your ship and you won't overheat.

Thanks f a m

Why am i not getting missions in CEOS?