A car salesman just claimed that a corolla is actually bigger and is a step up from Camry...

A car salesman just claimed that a corolla is actually bigger and is a step up from Camry..I'm not an expert on cars so that's the first blatant lie I have ever heard from a car dealer. How often do these guys lie?

Other urls found in this thread:

dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/cto/5622628182.html
allpar.com/lies.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Its their job to sell cars. They will tell you whatever they think you want to hear in order to sell you the car. Unless its in writing it doesnt matter once you sign.

Take the time to research the cars you are looking at prior to going to any lots.

A 2015 Corolla is probably bigger than a 1995 Camry.

Well I understand that, but that's too much of a well known fact to lie about.

It's not bigger, but it's a step up from the Camry for sure because it needs to appeal globally, not just to the moronic Americans who'll buy anything.

>How often do these guys lie?
If it is not in print, you can be told many things. The problem writers at car dealerships are often the same way. Their job is to sell services and convince you that the problems are important enough for you to SIGN the contract. Once you sign, all they verbally said is ignored because the servicing contract has an "imdemnify" type clause.

My sales team aren't allowed to misinform the customer on the product and if it is head they are repremanded/terminated. When I sold, I never had to lie to make a sale because I would tell them both good and bad points of the car they were looking at as well as competitors that would be a better or worse choice on a case to case basis. I understand that's not how a lot of people do the job, but my method has me as a respected and honest individual to do business with.

I would be the same way. And he didn't tell me this in person, this was over the phone while was asking if they had any Camrys.

Well the first thing he said was that it's bigger, because I told him I can't get a corolla because I'm a taller guy, need atleast a mid size, and that's when he said corolla is actually bigger than a Camry.

He was trying a flip car because he probably has a spiff on Corolla (if new dealer) or was flipping you to a Corolla because of having no Camry stock.

Yeah seemed like a trustworthy guy till that, anyone can look up the cubic ft of interior and show him that he's wrong

>4cyl is a step up from a 6cyl

ford shills get out

>there are no 4 cylinder camrys

If you know nothing about cars they pick up on it, and try sell you a lemon.
I told a car salesman I was after something with power, and they directed me to a beaten to shit toyota starlet, a 4 cylinder camry and a mazda 6 hatchback

The only I told before that is I'm looking for a Camry lol I guess Camry lovers are fucking detards

>Starlet

That Camry is a powerhouse for you Euros though.

I'm an ausfag. The cunt had a fucking commodore and xr5 on his lot as well, it's just he wanted to palm a lump of shit off on me

>How often do these guys lie?
Every time the open their mouth. That's right, they lie when they eat, drink or breathe through their mouth.
>If you're not happy with the car I'll buy it back for the same price
Oh boy...

I hear Australia has a really big problem of dealerships being scummy, much more so than other countries.

Nah,
There are loopholes in every country, but aus ain't that bad, lemon laws aren't a thing here, because it's pretty much statutory that a paid service isn't allowed to fail on you. Dealers don't have much of a chance to fuck over customers, they either pony up or get destroyed in court, best they can do is try trick you into buying something you don't really want.

Australia is a nation of former convicts, after all.

And the war for independence wasn't a criminal insurrection?

That's cool, are you still safe with used cars or is that the case for new only?

Troll or stupid?

for real, looking for serious input from you guys
i saw this ad for an '03 camry le
dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/cto/5622628182.html
i was needing a car as a dd and think this would make a good one. has anyone here owned a camry (pref. around this model year) that could maybe shed some light on it for me?

This.

A Corolla and a Camry? Take this shit to /LGBT

Was he a used car dealer or new car dealer?

Sometimes used car dealers aren't very knowledgeable, especially if they don't specifically sell one brand.

Popped by the VW dealership to see if any older Gti shit came in. Was looking for mk4 02-03 or mk5s. Told them I was spending up to $8k. Sales lady laughed at me and said no 07-08ish gti's went for that much and I patiently waited while she tried to sell me shit. I just politely informed her that's exactly what they were going for with about 100k on them and left. Doesn't really make me mad, just kinda funny. A couple of their techs just got mk4s and might sell them to me so it wasn't all bad.

i was at a toyota dealership once and a salesman successfully convinced me not to buy a FRS because apparently toyota is reviving the supra

>apprently not the FT1

lol
allpar.com/lies.html