/shmupg/ Shooting Game General

This general is for discussing all shmups/stgs (shoot 'em ups/shooting type games).

state of shmupg edition

Previous thread: Need something to play? Check this shit out: mega.nz/#!mlwG3ZCJ!NMdWxNY4pjqc1vFGwzyPIbtGor0GHObcfENNMgOQW1s

Join us on Steam! steamcommunity.com/groups/shmupg

>RECENT RELEASES:

Mecha Ritz Steel Rondo
store.steampowered.com/app/463070

Ke-Tsu-No-Ana
store.steampowered.com/app/472830

RefRain
store.steampowered.com/app/435970/

Shmups Skill Test
store.steampowered.com/app/430290/

WITCH-BOT MEGLILO:
store.steampowered.com/app/437020/

>UPCOMING RELEASES:

Blue Revolver
bluerevolvergame.com/

Xydonia
indiedb.com/games/xydonia

iMalice
amamoriya.gozaru.jp/imalice/

DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu
cave.degicagames.com/

>Don't forget to vote!
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660224194

Other links
STG stream aggregator: stgrillz.appspot.com/

/shmupg/ high-score list:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K0DesawgMQiFNMv2MZxxwdjzBudCIMMb3BkjQJaHjxI/edit?usp=sharing

/Shmupg/ community YT channel:
youtube.com/channel/UCp2e9X5tR9BLdSlIGjzftDA

/shmupg/ irc
#shmupg at rizon.net/chat

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6C5XV4Ztnb0?t=24
play-old-pc-games.com/compatibility-tools/dgvoodoo-tutorial/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

now shmupg totally dead

/shmupg/ is only a 1 loop game.

>playing a shmup that lots of other people have cleared
Could you be anymore of a cuck?

>page 10 already

>He's struggling to get a 1ALL while Tyrone and the boys have already counterstop cleared her

KEK
U
C
K

its time to put this thread to rest

youtu.be/6C5XV4Ztnb0?t=24

So which shmup is D.Va now playing?

It's a ded thread. Just move into speedrunning like everyone else.

I've been speedrunning Sonic the Hedgehog. It seems easier than shmups, you can just mechanically learn everything...

You can mechanically learn everything in shmups too.

My old shmup is still arcane matter to me after over two hundreds of hours. ;_; Maybe I need extensive tutoring, but what would be the point then.

It's okay, you just need savestates.

Ah! That would tarnish my ideological purity. Not even once.

>Maybe I need extensive tutoring
Don't, every shmup master worth their salt knows that forgetting to book your tutors is an essential part of playing well.

sounds like you play with input lag

No, just challenged.

what borderliners have you played recently?
me: downwell, jackal, contra 4, the bug butcher, streets of rage(it has a bomb), undertale
what's her name

C'mon, keep the thread alive! Do it for Casper!

What will she do if I don't?

Stomp on your balls!

In the Hunt.

my hand is hurts

stop jacking off so much

Looks like that Viking shmup from Wings of Liberty.

What's the farthest you've ever gotten? I can never get past the rocks in Stage 4, I'd reccomend looking up replays on it to get an idea of how to not die in certain parts that might be giving you problems.

>what's her name
There are many names. Double Spoiler. Hatate Himekaido. Well, I could also mention Sho Toramaru, as 7-3 was the last scene I tried to play.

The WR on 7-3 is a mystery to me: either the Chinese player has an insane reaction time, has prescience on Sho's random aim which I didn't grasp, or his WR is in fact a TAS (an accusation I almost never raise). Even his lens manipulation confused me, because if I did the same, I would miss the Two Shot bonus...I think, either because I would accidentally go into normal focused mode while adjusting for Sho's aim and then rely on unfocusing which is actually slow to bring the lens closer, or because of my movement?? The solution to the former would be to go briefly into charging up speed just before shooting, which is convolutedly strict... Which brings me to the fact that I had a hard time reacting to Sho's taking aim basically off-screen and then hurling herself very quickly in an unknown direction, which you have to dodge among often very dense danmaku, and then do this voodoo photoshooting thing by frames. The fact alone that Kazamai did this seemingly difficult thing with the lens whereas he could just stay unfocused I couldn't find a good explanation for. To top it all off, on some photos he never left slow mode, meaning that he never even panicked while reacting to a random aim that gives you a fraction of a second to react whilst you're sitting amongst dense and slowly shifting danmaku.

Essentially, as foolish as the above discourse likely is, more or less these kinds of problems would appear whenever I would aim for higher scores. It's worth saying that technically I had a good source for information, but having my hand held too much felt deplorable.

Silver lining--while Kazamai laments not getting shots over 140k, I actually managed to take shots that went over 141k, but I did it differently from him and not really consistently, so idk. Hard game, not ripe for it yet.

Bump

The last stage of Deathsmiles is easier than I remember
Still didn't 1ALL 1.1 though

>mfw i reach 1st loop final boss without dying but then proceed to die twice
game was cho ren sha

Kamui is dope as fuck.

2XXk, not 1XXk.

Wait, which one final boss?

lets just say the stage 0 boss

>lets try cho ren sha 68k
>launch
>it broke my monitor
>screen full of shakes and artifacts

Ah, the BROTHERRRR?
It tends to do that if you get to it without any powerups.

Why are you so dead /shmupg/? Why are you always so dead, you silly thread?

Didn't expect the ending at all.
10/10, would watch (and cry) again.

I'm taking my final few draws from the Deathsmiles gacha before it ends a few hours from now.

If I don't get that swimsuit Windia I'm gonna be sad.

win95 or other compatibility mode would help
u can also try this : play-old-pc-games.com/compatibility-tools/dgvoodoo-tutorial/ (never did myself)

I at least did get this, which is nice, but no swimsuit Windia sadly.

It's not all bad though. Now I think I've gotten every single non-five star Deathsmiles card in the game, and several doubles to me the into the ones I've already got.

I realized something: Aside from the event card Windia, all of Windia's cards are five-star gacha drops only. Stupid Windia, why do all of your cards have to be so hard to get?

>doubles to me
*several doubles to merge into the ones I've already got

seriously Ikaruga has the best artworks

I want to love this game but feel that you need to score it to truly enjoy it

and I'm too busy with DOJ right now

id like to learn Garegga as well ; too many games not enough time

I want to love Battle Garegga but it seems like one of the core features of the game is being unable to see any of the bullets.

last one, some cool fanart

That's not true though.
I used to think the same but after few credits you start to distinguish the layers composing the screen and projectiles stand out progressively the more you play.

is mars matrix any good?

Play type 2.

Train your eyes
Play Gradius III with Type B where your spread bomb literally covers up bullets and enemies