Anyone on Veeky Forums had an experience with a Dodge Dynasty?

Anyone on Veeky Forums had an experience with a Dodge Dynasty?

Just want a nice and comfortable car to get me around where I need to go easily

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_K_platform
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it's a bloated Chrysler K-car. Avoid the 3.0L V6 and it should be fine. 2.5L 4 banger and the 3.3L V6 are good though.

Also beware rust. it's the biggest problem on those cars.

Definitely checking for rust. I fucking love it's split bench front seat. Perfect for gf and I. Thanks for the help user

I found a Dodge Dynasty but the person selling it has it listed as a 4 cylinder Chrysler engine?

No go? Still new to cars

Avoid the 3.0 Mitsu V6 and you will be fine. Look at that Gen Imperial as well if you want more space inside.

The 2.5L 4 cylinder is a Chrysler engine. They're fucking bulletproof.
Go for it. The 4 cylinder will be underpowered, but it's the most reliable. If you want more power, turbododge.com can help you out there since other K-cars came with turbocharged variants of the engine.

Pic related. a Dodge Caravan with the 2.5L Turbo 4 banger.

>all this turbo dodge love lately
Yee boi, 2.2 Turbo II still running strong. Lately, that thermostat flange has been fucked more ways than one and is leaking like a god damn bitch in heat.
Need to check that, 4 new tires especially in the front and get it inspected, then the VW's and hondurrs will be very afraid yet again.

>all this turbo dodge love lately
What do you mean lately? The K-car turbos are very much loved. They're on the sticky in the "As fast as your dollar can go" section.

Have owned and repaied a 91 dodge dynasty for over a year now. Its preeeetty dope.

Thank you, fuck I appreciate it. Going to learn more about this car as a whole

The 4 cylinder is the model to go for, but the hardest to find. The Dynasty was marketed to old people who cared more for the number of cylinders than the fact the turbocharged 4 banger made the same power as the V6 with better fuel economy, so the Dynasty never got the turbo engine, but it can be swapped in.

Here's a list of sister cars.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_K_platform

Christ. My first car was a dynasty back in the 90s. Awful looking car, rid S like a boat... I felt like a grandma in it.

It never let me down though fwiw.

Plush as fuck and built like tanks, while surprisingly cheap on gas. Parts cost nothing, everything's easy to fix, no reason not to love them

Change all the fluids

I own a 91 dynasty and i've been trying to catch up on a lot of maintenence it has missed. Is it possible to find guides on things like transmission fluid or should I just buy a haynes manual?

Ontop of that how do I identify which transmission I have.

Buy the haynes manual regardless.

also look on the turbododge forum. Someone will have dealt with what you're dealing with

They're pretty good. I don't get the hate for the 3.0 tho. I had one and put over 150k miles on it without having to any major repairs to it. Nothing engine related.

I mean, I get that it's a Mitsu engine but it's not /that/ bad.

The 3.0L was made by Mitsubishi and was notoriously unreliable.

Yours was an exception. Not the rule.

you should always buy the manual for every car you get tbqh. shit is invaluable.

Check allpar.com

Actually, anyone even remotely interested in Turbo Mopars and Chryslers in general should bookmark allpar, that place is a fucking goldmine.

Looks fucking amazing

Site is a haven, i appreciate it