No Man's Sky General - /nmsg/

Why don't you have a rest for a minute?

NEW PATCH OUT FOR BOTH PC (2.1.0.3) AND PS4 (1.04)

Meta info repository:
repo.nmsdb.info/

List of PC performance/crash fixes:
pastebin.com/NyEWip2r (embed)

Button click hold remover:
nomansskymods.com/mods/fast-actions/

Instagram Filter Remover (YMMV):
nomansskymods.com/mods/instagram-filter-remover

Annoying audio message remover:
nomansskymods.com/mods/shutup-disable-certain-annoying-audio-warnings/

How to get the Atlas pass:
eurogamer.net/articles/2016-08-12-no-mans-sky-atlas-pass-how-to-get-atlas-pass-v1-v2-v3

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wdes0D1rL7E
youtube.com/watch?v=CWs2ts7LMTU
github.com/WebMBro/WebMConverter
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>legs

Underwater can be pretty. It's just too bad you can't get into any of the underwater outposts.

>Galactic trade network.
>Doesn't actually let you trade with the whole galaxy.

Found a giant... crater bay?
Whatever it is, it looks really pretty. I like this planet a lot, even if it does get hostile.

>only 1 species between me and 200k
>can't find it for shit
Fuck this gay planet

>find comfy planet as my second or third planet at the very beginning of the game
>haven't seen anything remotely close to it since the next 20 systems
>all the planets I got instead look mostly the same

Shouldn't it be the same distribution on average seeing how it's all "random"?

Is there a Mega link for the GOG patch yet?

Anyone come across any large underwater life?

I'm running this on absolute minimum settings across the board
But I still think it can look damn pretty

How large?
Confirmation bias. Most people don't talk about it because they've been finding a lot of variety.
Change region completely. Fly out of the atmosphere, pulse away for a few seconds then descend again. Maybe it's just confirmation bias but it seems to me it forces the game to pick new sets of animals.

Patch notes for ps4? I want the game to stop crashing but I don't want to give up the dupe glitch just get

>Game so far has been a comfy exploration game where not everything is trying to kill you
>get to this planet as part of storyline
>land during a storm

help

Can you disable chromatic retardedness?

This is how deep worlds are.

This guy begged me to take his weapon so he wouldn't have to go to war.

I refused.

At least you don't have hordes of crabs going after you as well. Those bastards hit harder than Sentinels.
How do you dig anyway? I haven't figured that out yet.

grenades

>This is how deep worlds are.
From what? Sea level? The tallest mountain? A random point of elevation? This arbitrary scale means nothing.

I'll be sure to bear that in mind with all the digging I do

Average ground level. Ie not a hill or valley. It's all the same shit.

Jesus dude calm the fuck down

If you brave enough...

It still is shit, Sean

Jump down.

And a few minutes later a freezing sleetstorm came down.

Check for birds, namely that there aren't more than 1 species that look almost the same
Check caves and cave entrances, seen some things that only seemed to live in caves
Check sources of water for fish
Also I have found a horrifically tiny animal before, looked like a jellyfish but it floated like 3 feet off the ground, and was so tiny that it wasn't visible until you were at arm's length away
Pretty cool little things, massive pain to scan though because when they died apparently their bodies were far enough away by just falling on the ground that they no longer rendered, and the only reason I found them was that I saw a swarm of red dots when I happened to have my visor out.
Fuckers were like 0.02m tall and 50kg though, scanning them mid-air was fucking hard

It's meaningless. It's just another attempt at an epic "gotcha! moment that has no bearing on anything. How often do you do this? Never. If you're going to bitch about shit at least go after the valid stuff.

TRIGGERED

Emotionally speaking you seem overly invested in this whole situation.

>tfw you'll never lick Sean Murrays feet

youtube.com/watch?v=Wdes0D1rL7E

Yeah, I've just found them, it was a bunch of fucking birds

okay, I'll admit
I'm really proud of this shot

If I recall that's exactly what you're supposed to do. Vy'keen are kind of dicks about that. Though I suppose not unreasonable as I'm pretty sure soldiers abandoning their posts is a pretty bad thing even in our world.

>u mad

Thanks for proving me right

Cacti are primarily found in tundras.

Which of these experimental patches I see on various sites should I use? I have the GoG version and I haven't started yet so I don't care about the savegames.

Neat mountain

I wasn't arguing either way bud, just that you're way too invested in something as meaningless as a video game.

It's a planet, it doesn't matter if it's the bottom of the ocean or the peak of a mountain, it's shit.

And I didn't post it, Sean.

View from on top of it

Just get the latest GOG version, it includes everything.

>Animals grazing
>Sentinel in the foreground
>Cove + water cavern on the right
>Moon hanging in the mountain pass
>Heridium pillar at the top of the hill
This is so well put together it could be promotional material. It's got everything.

Especially because the ruins marker icon is next to the heridium pillar, and people might naturally interpret that to mean the mineral deposit is actually a monolith of any significance.
Implicitly false advertising is the #1 requirement for NMS promo material. You've really hit the nail on the head here!

This is a nice planet. Lots of knowledge stones as well.

>that grass draw distance
pls

I think I just spotted a vegan guy I know.

Also the flakes of grass might to a quick onlooker appear to be huge far away starships.

i'm on lowest possible settings and I still play in slowmo
my GPU is a fucking legacy card that isn't even supposed to be supported and I had to use the openGL 4.5 workaround to get it to run
sorry user

>Implicitly false advertising is the #1 requirement for NMS promo material. You've really hit the nail on the head here!
kek

So I'm in Calypso, what do? Should I go on for testing purposes?
youtube.com/watch?v=CWs2ts7LMTU

why do the graphics look so bad lads? i wanted to get this because its looked so good at e3 but its literally like spore tier graphics

Do blackholes actually get you closer to the centre?

>175k ly away from centre
>get through blackhole
>you have traveled 150k ly
>check distance to centre
>175k

wat

>gender indeterminate
>130kg
>160cm
Red white and blue, the funny things you do
America, America, this is you

No, you went horizontally. They're random.

Oh didn't notice there was a new one. Thanks, buddy.

>actually playing this boring af game that got tons of content cut by the devs

KEK

MEGA FOR NEW GOG VERSION WHEN

It's fun.

Eh, not like there's any other recent decent space exploration game that I remember

IT GOT BETTER

well fuck

Captains log, Starship Year 4016, Day 3: I seem to have found some sort of Gek temple on this godforsaken desert planet, I must leave soon. The winds are rough and scorching, and the surface is entirely devoid of Zinc or other rare metals. God help us all

nice tentacles.

You landed in Japan

They're tendrils jackass

I hope modding takes off in the near future. If it gets to the point where people can actually add content or change numbers they could do Sean's job for him

>max ship, suit and omni
>looking for new ship with superb design
>did the atlas shit
>taking black holes to reach the centre
>beastie boys - sabotage on a loop
>mfw

I fucking love this game, fuck the haters.

Captains log Cont...
This planet is a goddamn shithole, but the rugged beautfy of the desert strikes something deep within my soul. I think briefly that it might remind me of home, but alas, I remember no home to speak of. I cannot even remember my mothers face....do I even have a mother? Perhaps the answers can be found within more of these strange structures the Vy'Keen have told me are called "monotliths" in my language.

Or probably not.

>tfw shitposting about this game is more fun than playing it

On a blue system right next to the galaxy core. Going to explore the planets and let you know if they're interesting.

what do you use to make webm?

webm converter (aka webm for retards/bakas)

github.com/WebMBro/WebMConverter

Just remember to keep the filesize to 3 megabytes; you'll have to play a bit with the settings to get good results.

GOG update mega when

You keep being you, captain.

Jesus christ these pig creatures are terrifying.

It's supplemental. Stop using incorrect terminology in your blog. You have no idea how to keep a log. Also, your the pilot of a one-man shuttle. You don't deserve the rank of captain.

Crashed naming my planet "I paid money for this"

Fitting

fyi you can push the golden balls down and play with them or recreate a golden ballsack

Railshot adaptor useful at all?

Who said there is no content in this game. Look at the size of those things!

Only if you liked ricochet for your boltcaster.

Forgive that strange obect in the middle of the screen, it must be some strange alien life I have yet to encounter.

And you too, other Capitan

The Vy'keen have no word for this "supplemental" and the logs on my suit say it is not necessarily used in that context. What do you mean by "It's supplemental"

I am certainly the Capitan, of my ship and of my journey. My logs say I am, and it says Capitan right here on the back of my underwear. Refute that.

Genuis, absolutely genius. Archaeology has come so far,

dropped from two different buildings in the same Ruins poi.

My underwear says Monday, that doesn't make it true.

incredibly, but it's bizarrely different from what the description suggests - it's an extreme upgrade for your mining laser that makes it blow down anything in its path, including doors and storage tanks and shit, so I don't even bother with my boltcaster or grenades anymore (except on terrain)

is it just me or does this game kinda suck?

God damn i'm having an extremely hard time tracking down the last two species on this planet.

No matter where I go it's teeming with life, shit all over the ground, the skies, fucking everywhere and no matter how many distant creature beacons I chase with my analyzer it's always shit i've discovered.

Just to give you some idea I discovered all but the last two species within 5 minutes of landing.

All those animals I see in the picture look pretty cool

Try checking the water, that's where I found the last few species I needed after an hour of searching

it also makes it overheat x 10 times

Custom crafting our own multitools and ships when

It's pretty sucky as a game, but i'd be lying if I said I wasn't enjoying just kicking back with some ambient music and exploring weird alien landscapes.

yes, though this is negligible with a couple of upgrades and the ability to instagib small mineral deposits and with how quickly it kills things

Yeah nah, its feels terrible on the cooldown even with all coolant systems. Grenades with +2 damage radius already destroys everything in one shot anyways.

it overheats x10 with max cooling upgrades, don't respond to me ever again

>Try checking the water, that's where I found the last few species I needed after an hour of searching

Sounds like a plan.

Also it's kinda sucky that "Storms" magically clear up the second you get airborne.

I want zero visibility, ship getting hammered all to shit forced to make a landing or fly up and through it style Storms.

>10x something is just as much relative to something as 10x another thing is to another thing
no shit, it's still a much more time efficient tool with railshot mod, especially with the ability to simply let go and re-engage for instant cooldown

>you can play with your huge balls in-game, in stunning graphical quality, and it's literally part of the lore
>just like Sean and the developers did the entire time they came up with the idea to market an early access survival game as AAA

A true masterpiece, as to be expected of the developers of the indie cult classic Picasso-esque smashsation Joe Danger.

What's fucked up about sea creatures is that a lot of ponds/lakes can be completely empty.