/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

Waking up edition

Last ded: The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise:

Corneroids, Space Engineers, Starmade, Avorion, From the Depths, Factorio, REM, Robocraft, Machinecraft, Garry's Mod, Homebrew, Besiege, Infinifactory, Scrap Mechanic, GearBlocks, and anything else welcome. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.

WebM for retards:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

Space Engineers:
>spaceengineersgame.com
>SpEngies for retards: i.imgur.com/IZekrGe

StarMade:
>star-made.org
>youtube.com/watch?v=7YyxsW_2xmo
Server: NASSzone
IP: nasszone.com:4242

Avorion
>avorion.net/
>/egg/ approved server: 149.202.65.190

From the Depths:
>fromthedepthsgame.com
>/egg/heim idea bin: pastebin.com/Tmk14sf2

Factorio:
>factorio.com/
>guide.factorio.com/index.html
>steamcommunity.com/groups/eggtorio

REM:
>www.remproject.wordpress.com
>youtube.com/channel/UCzp2XM98-FcFWAqhFjnxSbg

Robocraft:
>robocraftgame.com

Machinecraft:
>hrpbk2 wix com / machinecraft
>upload/download designs at filescase.com
>TT Mech template: www.mediafire.com/download/0aalnmvvyvm75sq/TT-Mech-Template.rar
>Helpful starter guide: youtube.com/watch?v=iLVnW5exF3Q

Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>store.steampowered.com/app/325420/
>homebrewgame.com/

Besiege:
>store.steampowered.com/app/346010/
>youtube.com/watch?v=n-aG7E9gTNI

Infinifactory:
>zachtronics.com/infinifactory

Scrap Mechanic:
>store.steampowered.com/app/387990/

Robot Arena 2:
>gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=4
>gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=5

KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>zachtronics.com/kohctpyktop-engineer-of-the-people/

OP Pastebin for new deds : pastebin.com/4YU2GFPj

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qRhwAB39rOw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for outfucking rabbits

[post number]th for WARBROS #1

I didn't know rabbit team did that sort of thing. Inside the tank? All of them?

OP+n for returning spengies to its slavic glory

In case anyone wonders why this is popping up: Testing SE stable branch with a local ass roid map this Sunday, just join on me when you see me in game.

n+k*(750+rnd(0,20))th post for making dumb first posts

>3th

Fine, 3nd

4rd reply, 3st post, doe.

AAAAAAAAAGH

I finally got around to playing this.

Pretty fun.

spess question

does all thrusters do block damage, or would something like a hydrogen thruster not cause that?

Hydros would do more damage because more thrust

>tfw no electromagnetic pulse drives

uuhhnhnfghn

Take note that the damage area, in both big and small are 1 block only, so the center block facing the thruster will take damage, the rest wont, or at least it was like that not so long ago, its better to hide the thrusters because they get damaged very easy.

All unmodded thrusters do damage to all blocks.
Except for certain configuration

How does buoyancy and air work with full and half blocks? I'm really confused with the buoyancy and empty space values.

What I'm really asking is, is it worth making as much of the buoyant area from slopes instead of full blocks?

Make same science with hydros
Also, does that account for damping thrust being greater than regular thrust?

That pic is with inertia dampeners.
Regular slopes work too.

It's an easy test but I don't have the game updated for a while now.

>You can actually redirect thruster wash, even though it's probably just Keencodeā„¢ fucking up

I'm doing it.

Pretty autistic

oh my

spess sex when

I'm not surprised there's Farscape Rule 34, but I was surprised it was Moya.
>B-be gentle, Marauder-san.

I made a cheap stealth bote, it costs around 14k

It goes up to 22 m/s, it's armed with 12x 8 long radar guided missiles, the launcher is flush with the hull once retracted. It also have shields set to reflect at strenght 3 that cover all the hull. Finally it has 8k materials to convert into ammo and 40k fuel with a mid-high efficency engine (around 330 ppf). The only thing that it doesn't have is a countermeasure system for missiles but with all the stealthiness it has i don't think it really needs one.

Last time I played SpEngies was before the planets update. Has anything been significantly changed on gameplay? Is there something like FtD's campaigns?

>the launcher is flush with the hull once retracted.
This is awesome, didn't even think of the possibility, but I understand it now that you've done it.

Looks sexy. Well done.

Does making things flesh like that actually do anything? I don't get how stealth works.

Due to Nick being a lazy fuck, spinblocks and turrets count for detection as if they were completely exposed. It's actually godawful for stealth.

Are "stealthy" designs actually stealthy or are they just aesthetics?

Why not both?

Any way to improve this so it's not a complete mess? I have no idea how to use chain signals

Hopefully he's gonna fix it, also at the moment the campaign ships are completely blind if you play with proper detection on

Nick is going to unify stealth and aesthetics in one single thing so you don't need to worry about it anymore.

>implying he won't just spend a lot more time adding false optimization chalenges.

The whole advanced cannons and crams is bullshit fuckery. There aren't any choices to be made it's just picking what ammo you want and then playing shitty tetris until it works correctly.

spengies update, anyone want to guess what it was?

:^)

Bug fixes and nothing else.

Bug additions and nothing else.

nothing and nothing else

Thoughts on empyrion vs space engineers?

spengs if you want to build complex shit
empy if you want good gameplay with simpler ships

Neither. They both are shit in their own way.

ty
how about the difference between the survival aspects? as in immersion and shit like that? I have no talent or enough autism to spend a week building massive stuff.

>Running out of uranium after exhausting my current mine
>Find a new one, set my carrier up about 500~ off the surface
>Undock my miner
>Carrier immediately falls out of the air and clangs through the ground
>My miner's battery was the only thing charged and was keeping the carrier up alone

Fucking RIP

Empyrion.

The Rooty Tooty is ass, though.

Can I make stuff like this on empyrion? I remember SE had some awesome complexity like sub-vehicles and mining from ships and stuff.

Empyrion seems like the game NMS should have been tho

>Rooty Tooty
wat

Point and Shooty.

the gunplay is shit? Or just not as good as SE?

Let's just say your turrets could decide to try and shoot at mobs behind walls.

I have a nice rig at home but could I play empyrion on my laptop at work? It has that dual Intel / AMD thing, i7 and 16gb RAM.

I personally don't know about that, perhaps someone else does.

I'm getting 25-30 fps on a GF 760 on medium settings. You gonna need a good laptop.

Spergies had that problem for a short time, ships would put holes through themselves.

>a short time
You mean every week, between the thursday update and the monday patch?

Has Empyrion still FPS problems in multiplayer when flying capital vessels/multiple ships?

This intersection might give you a general idea how to use Chain Signals easily.
You place Normal Signals on EXITS, and you place Chain Signals on EVERYTHING ELSE.
(that's for crossings, stations, intersections etc. You ofc still use normal signals for long straight stretches).

This crossing lets 1-4 trains to pass through the intersection at the same time without having to wait for intersection to clear, or crashing into each other.
Ofc, I am using a one-way train system, from what I see, you have train engines on both ends, so you might have to troubleshoot your stuff if you see problems.

We need a retard-proof rail signals guide for Factorio.

un-ded

In FtD how do i make 2 ships fight eachother in the design mode? Or even multiple ships and planes?

AI>Enemy Simulator? I think at least, haven't tried it.

jesus im so helpless and retarded

It's okay, it's just a side effect of vaccination

Live and learn.

That may be, but it's still better than spengies in that aspect.

here's my bad attempt at a stealth ship

youtube.com/watch?v=qRhwAB39rOw

popular youtuber mentions space engineers

prepare for newfags

>guy send hot pics
>big dick
>keep talking
>he does more pics
>now he has a shriveled little maggot dick

is this some kind of human clang?

Are small ships even viable in FtD?
No matter where I put the ammo, the ship blows up usually from the first hit since it's too close to the outer layer.

Maybe he zoomed all the way in in the first pic

>Are small ships even viable in FtD?
Only in massive numbers

Nothing can save us from the /ded/.

Grower not a shower

Tiny benis turns into megabenis

Entropy is a concept we dead men are more than familiar with, for as with all things, the thread, too, will reach its' end.

How do you not know that there's two types of dicks?

What are you, some kind of dickless faggot?

Is it possible to reverse a propeller using complex controls? I don't get how to do it.

I have, for turning purposes, 4 propellers on front left, front right, back left, back right... and I want to activate them all at once for faster turning, but appropriately when considering whether it's turning left or right.

eg

You can turn on the debug draw and it will show the damage ball.
As long as you don't put anything in that line you'll be fine.

Here's mine

So you could theoretically make borg cubes with nil thrusters outside.

speaking of which

why do we not have borg cube constructions that can connect to one another seamlessly at a 1:1 rate

this is the best idea.

Dude nice stealth ship. Love what you did with the cannons.

All you would have to do is make maglocks around the outer doors, and some connectors to share the inventories, no?
tubes won't merge with merge blocks, right?

Cannons? I thought those were missile tubes

Nice, i bet you took inspiration from those posted in those threads some months back when everyone was posting stealth ships and ships with cloaking device. Like this one

Double stealth'd.

The simplest way is to spawn them in on different teams. Press x, then select what team they're on (upper right as I recall, might not be right).

Same deal with loading ships. Anything not on the same team will fight, just change what team the vehicles are on and watch them go at it.

I can guarantee 100% I have more experience with cocks than you.

Can we not talk about cocks (unless it's /egg/ related)

Why are engineers so gay?
how do I get one to date me?

1. Be a grill
2. Be not wider than them but anything below that is probably fine
3. Find a way to trick them into leaving their home, or just wait for them to venture out to buy food or go to work and ambush them
4. Present shimapan

Basically foolproof

is Space Engineers good yet? is the multiplayer 100% playable yet? did they fix the netcode

No, no, and no.

Green is go, red is reverse

Also, you can use ACB's. For steering you'll want 3, 1 setting speed to 0 every second and 1 activated by turn controls. Otherwise tapping the turn button will lead to continuous turns