en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sika_deer
slo.craigslist.org/cto/5597727884.html
sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/5621396523.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Anything but that

Old econoline.

probably a 7.3 ford van
even better would be the 4x4 conversion vans they made out of them

How much do those go for? And how much do they fit, normally?

T3

you can find some of them pretty cheap that are rusty, but since its a diesel theyre usually $3000 - $5000
i think they can have 3 rows so probably 10 people max

A decent 4x4 conversion for an econovan is going to cost 6-8 grand on top of the van itself. You're probably not touching a 7.3 for less than 5 grand.

If on a budget, any American brand van is a good option as parts are cheap and plentiful. The dodges up to 97 were my favorite overall, after that it's a toss-up. Chevy express vans tend to go to shit after 120k too.
If you have some money to toss around a sprinter would be the best traveling van as they are offered with hitops and long body models that have tons of space

i meant to buy one that was already converted to 4x4
you can find them for $10000 easily

Y'all fools ignoring the superior van

T3 wallpapers are the shit

>how much do they fit
About 10 adults, or 15 abducted children.

This, get the camper version for double the comfort

I hope that someday, we'll be able to buy a modern van that doesn't make you look like a soccer mom or a rapist. Pic related.

>panel van
>Not a rapist
Try again user

1969 Subaru 360 Sambar

This is now a Sambar thread

1969 Subaru Sambar relies on the power of Jesus to keep passengers safe

Sambar rocks you to sleep in its quiet love

Sambar is love

Why am I ok with this?

Sambar is life

I HOPE DEER CAN NOTICE ME NOW AND GET CRUSHED

>hitting deer
>in japan

>being this autistic
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sika_deer

Import to Canada, bruv ;^)

You got me there. I used the Ecoline because it's the first "newish" van that isn't a mom barge to pop into my head. I just want a modern solution for a chill roadtrip van, you know?

T5 Transporter, with a camper conversion.

Or a Bedford Rascal.

>4x4 conversion
And why would you go and do a stupid thing like that?

>church van
>not a rapist
Nice try

Volkswagen T3'S are slow, wobbly, loud, ugly, unreliable pieces of utter shit and the only people who like them are fucking hippies and surfers pretending to be poor and "alternative" by buying them for absolutely ridiciculous prices (since all spoiled fuckheads with stupid hair and pants want them) and treating them like shit.

I really don't get it, no normal thinking person would buy that, it's only for looks and trying to look cool on the beach

A Vauxhall Astravan with a broken LPG conversion and no exhaust

Never said it wasn't, but panel van of any year screams racist

EFI and double digit MPG would be nice

Don't forget the lidl roof rack for your ladder you piece of shit.

Seriously considering buying a van, cargo truck or delivery truck and remodeling it into an RV and just living in the fucker.

Or should I go full retard and get a short bus? If I do this I intend t live in it for a minimum 3 years while I stack mad cash

>roadtrip
>7mpg

Van is easiest. As long as your van doesn't scream camper, you can park on any street and be fine. Campers are super hard to keep low key. Concerned citizens call cops quick over someone sleeping in their car.

Honest, soccer mom vans are pretty choice for that reason, great gas mileage is pretty alright too.

It also has engine in the back, making floor uneven and making the usable space smaller. That's why VW LT 28/25 are superior.

VW are super neat and trendy and cool, but they cost out the ass and if anything breaks it will cost shit loads. Id kill for a sweet old Westfelia but they are too spendy now a days.

Old astros can be found all day for $1,000, Run for fricken ever, Get 22mpg, have plenty of room to be comfy, super cheap available parts and no body blinks an eye at them so you can stealth camp for days.

Dont dismiss the vans that no body ever looks at. Those are the real gems.

This. If offroadan isn't on the agenda, get a Honda Odyssey. Great gas mileage and they don't handle half bad for a people mover.

Would like an old FedEx truck be a bad idea? I'm a lot better with a hammer and wood than a wrench and an engine block, I could go absolutely apeshit with that much space

Tempted to get the aerostar because for $1275...that's worth the risk. Just wish it was a 4 cylinder because of mpg. All I want is a 4 cylinder manual van, but that's apparently too much to ask in the US.

slo.craigslist.org/cto/5597727884.html

sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/5621396523.html

>It also has engine in the back, making floor uneven and making the usable space smaller

It has more space at the front because there is no fuck-huge automagic transmission tunnel like most American vans.
Also, throw a folded cushion over the engine cover and it makes a nice seat with good access from the sliding door. It also serves as a great starting point for a raised platform bed.

The worst thing about VW Vans is their fanbase.
They're not actually that bad, even compared to other vans
In Europe at least, parts are plentiful and cheap.

Because rwd is not ideal for off road or god forbid snow and ice, and the econovan didn't have a 4wd option from the factory.
The half ton chevy express did have available awd but obviously no 7.3, I don't know if they offered it with a diesle or not.

The 7.3 is a diesle, it probably gets closer to 15mpg

The vulcan gets okay milage just ride the torque converter you little bitch

Look up old VW LTs then. Engine in front, under the middle seat, RWD and fuckload of space, ideal for a bugout van. There even are some Synchro 4x4 versions, but you need a truck license to drive them. Also, LTs are as short as T3, but wider, so it's ultimately better.

What makes you think you need 4WD?
Just get a good set of offroad tyres like co-op grip spurs.
Big vans already have enough ground clearance to get you anywhere you want.

If you're that worried about getting stuck , get a locker for the rear end.

The only time you actually need 4x4 is for hardcore offroading which is not something you should be doing in a van anyway.

Turbo Caravan/Voyager

I just got back from a road trip in one of these. Stay away from them.

Is that a hearse?
3spooky5me

WHITE VAN POWER!

>slow
140kmh on the autobahn while full with furniture
>unrealiable
It took abuse really well. Glowplug light never turned off and oil pressure light was always on yet all i had to do was charge the battery to start it after winter

Went through the narrow forest roads easily because RR

Oh and by the way in talking about a early 1.6 non turbo diesel that used to be a company workhorse. I was sad when my dad sold it, it still ran very well. A lot of rust and some other problems but the best offroad workhorse i have expierienced. Tough as nails.

my delica van is great for road trips

They were commonly used as ambulances in France, hydropneumatic suspension made it very smooth.