pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084

>Wiki
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Path_of_Exile_Wiki

Other urls found in this thread:

fauux.neocities.org/escapism.html
youtube.com/watch?v=LGA00NxeVUc
strawpoll.me/11022083
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why do you enjoy having to shove forks in your eyes every time you want to buy something? Oh I know, you're a self found fag aren't you?

>barter
>pay 5c with 6ach+7fuses
obviously that retarded shit wouldn't be allowed. It's a simple system that would make 99% of trades easier

Why do you work under the assumption trading should be easy? The entire currency system was designed with players haggling and bartering in mind.

>player econ based around a barter system
>lets ban barter

ok retard

>Post item up early in the league
>"Would you take 5c 5 fuse 6 alch for that 10c item?"
NO YOU FUCKING FAGGOT GO EXCHANGE YOUR SHIT CURRENCY FOR CHAOS ON YOUR OWN TIME.

7th for the smell of essence nerfs

How about a system that lets you place offers on a listed Item and the Seller could check on offers and accept deny them. It would be cross Instance - offline trading with the person selling / buying needing to be logged in at least at one time - so it wouldn't completely degrade the Market into a Stock exchange place like in so many MMO's.

I don't like it though, I think the somewhat scarce availability of items is good for the game

>alch
>shit currency

truly a shitcorer

I didn't say get rid of the current "system". I said add a new one that makes buyout transactions possible in one click. Masochists like yourselves wouldn't be forced to use it

Are they nerfing poison?

I really want to make this trash unique viable and I heard I can just add poison to any phys gem and make it work

alchs were like 4:1 in phc??

If I wanted alchs, I would trade other currency for them.

caw caw caw

yeah and exalts where 20:1 for a while. it only means C got pretty valuable

Morons like you are the reason we have pants on head retarded game design like item binding, linear item progress and NPC selling BIS items.

One of the defining features of games like Diablo is the item drop RNG. It's the lever mechanic that keeps players pulling the slot machine.

What happens when you take that mechanic then give every player the drops of EVERY SINGLE PLAYER WHO PLAYS THE GAME? It equates to a massive runaway drop rate buff and the only solution to keep the game balanced is to apply more piss poor game design band aids on top of band aid.

These band aids come in the form of drastically reduced drop rates, item binding and linear item progress.

You want your generic MMO casual item system I don't I want my Diablo style drops. Literally fuck off back to WoW.

>b-b-but that's what PoE.trade already literally is!

Then we wouldn't be having this convo right now you shit eating moron.

perandus was shit and it was shit because it was too easy to get good loot

It's one system or the other, not both at the same time. If asynchronous trading with bidless buyouts makes trading easier and eliminates the bartering facet, then you've essentially replaced the current system with another.

"offers" lol no.

What happens then is majority of players set a currency price on their item then some github genius writea an autoit script to automate the trade. All this becomes is another auction house only accessible to cheaters.

how is that zana, looks like some league of legends katarina rip off

whats the fotm build rn my friends

the new melee incinerate skill

When will our guys come back...

this to be frank, everything was cheap as fuck and buying coins for items that sold for more was generating currency like nothing.

True but if its requiring In-game input like talking to the trade fag in your hide to do so it gets harder to cheat and would be bannable.

It would mean for GGG having to implement a deeper system than money grab gimmick stashes so were probably safe for the moment.

Maybe onehanded melee will be great again. I guess it will if its as broken as Incinerate at release.

blame hashtag

he ruined everything

give me your predictions for how essence/atlas will play out poeg

>True but if its requiring In-game input like talking to the trade fag in your hide to do so it gets harder to cheat and would be bannable
No it wouldn't. You write a script that sequentially inputs letters in chat via autoit there's no distinguishable difference between keyboard and autoit inputs.

The player then mules their shit to a trade account that runs in the background while they play.

It creates a shit tier version of an auction house and nothing more.

Or you mean...you have to literally go click on an NPC to trade? Then it would no longer be cross instance.

>>poeg will be flooded with seasonal fags and intolerable
>the multithreading will cause a ton of bugs and glitches that will make the game unplayable
>hourly server crashes, rollbacks, and lag spikes leading to much anger and grief for everyone
>more p2w trade gimmicks announced two days before league begins
>everyone will be pissed about it but coming to terms with the reality of poe becoming p2w
>top HC players won't touch atlas or essence league
>top HC players will continue spamming gorges, plateaus and arid lakes all the way to 100
>very few veteran players will return and the handful that do will complain and then quit within a week
>the atlas will be way too easily accessible and everybody will be bored of it within a week
>essence serves no other purpose than to flood your stash with crafting materials to force you to buy more tabs
>everybody will be wondering why they put up with this
>global 1, lebbit, poeg, official forums, and twitch will all be full of people complaining
>game will be completely dead again within two weeks

It's a better solution than automated trade tho. If they're going retard mode with cross instance trade I'd rather they didn't and just kept perandus mode instead.

>his build is more optimized than your own

I never played this game is it worth to start now ?
pls help I need a time sink

You're wasting your time.

hello? top player will spam shaped ledge and the other good stuff

wait for the new league

its like 3 weeks away

labyrinth?!
ENDGAME LABYRINTH?!?!?!

With cross instance trade players will be forced to setup an alt to trade all their drops to in maps so they can bypass the portal limit.

> trade all your rare/unique/bases cross instance while mapping
> id everything after the map

How is this avoidable? It's not. It's a huge portal limit buff. They gonna tell you you can't? It's a cheaters paradise.

You're wasting your time.

You're most likely going to look at the skill tree and get excited and make a 120 points build and then make your first character, probably in a shitter league and then kill yourself after the first 10 levels then come back here asking what you did wrong expecting us to spoonfeed you.

We'll tell you to fuck off and read the OP and use google like the rest of us, you will, you'll make a new build and try something new. You'll get to level 30 or something, get bored and ask when does the game get fun. You'll eventually link your first items in the thread asking questions like how to determine the price, we'll tell you to read the OP and fuck off again. You'll say "wah wah haters from hardcore" and continue playing, you'll hit level 60 and realize this game is just a grind so you can start another grind, you'll complain about this here and we'll say "it's a game made by GRINDING GEAR GAMES you faggot", a game in which you grind for gear.

Enjoy, you fucking retard. Get the fuck out of our general.

our girl esk...
wonder what she's up to those days...

>free
>free
>free
>free
>free
>FREE
>free
>FREE
>free
>FREE
>free
>free
>free
>free
>free
>free
>free
>free

absolutely based

You can make some character right now and completely ruin their shit in preparation for the new league when you can safely erase your mistake off the face of the earth and start over with a character that's slightly less shit.

go back to discord, faggot

@152170838
fucking retard kys

She has a sword and rose petals swirling around and there's a map device thing behind her and she's a redhead and the outfit checks out. You fucking retard.

Why wait?
There is so much to learn. New players starting now will still be relatively clueless when the new league starts.

It can be a little discouraging to make a character, fuck it up, delete them, and then move to the new league and have absolutely nothing to show for your efforts with an empty stash. At least in the new league if you fuck up and start over you have your saved up currency.

Although that's because players don't realize that you acquire more value in 10 minutes of dried lake farming than leveling up a dozen characters through normal/cruel

literally makes no difference

you seem pretty rude.
So try to be nicer when when I ask how to determine the price of this one item you damn fag

what he do?=

fauux.neocities.org/escapism.html

Why would anybody want a for fun fantasy video game economy to resemble anything like real life?

The real life economy is pure misery. An astronomically small percentage of people reap the benefits of it and their life is suffering.

Video games offer the unique non real life advantage of designing a world that's not like our own.

Why should a video game economy's logic follow that of our own? It should be almost entirely illogical.

> the price of the item isn't decided by you
> the item value is decided by RNG
> item value looks like a roll or affix listed on item
> item value is created by:
> affix tier
> drop tier
> base tier
> socket, link and all other applicable mods
> RNG plays a small role in price
> two of same item won't be priced identically
> a new currency exists to reroll fixed price through masters
> drop trading isn't allowed items
> player a must have the currency to receive item from player b
> this will make botting harder and item rmt irrelevant

Who cares about how much you think an item is worth? You don't matter. Nobody cares about your PoE market expertise you gomer. Following the real world is why trading is shit. Fuck what you think. You're playing a game where the devs already decide the value of everything via currency drop rate. Time to close the loophole.

fuck off commie

RNGeesuz : Dude, all i can say is that having 1k viewers constantly on D2, a year 2000 game is absolutely impressive

d2 was shit until patch .10

don't pretend otherwise

0-4 take a nap and be fresh for next race
5-9 go out and get wasted

That's only 3 years after game release with an expansion and several patches. Most players weren't on the bleeding edge of game exploits back then. I'd say the game evolved spectacularly well in an extremely short period of time. Every few months was like a brand new game.

yes

you've gotten btfo's extensively on this

until you have a plan on how your ideal and oddly vague system deals with bundling and atomic pricing - usefulness disparity, you are only turning poe into the nu-runescape that failed so hard trying to the same fixed trade thing

you're mistaken in thinking players want to follow a real life economic model

your arguments don't apply to a model that actively discourages logical price equations

Outsourcing is fantastic; and amazingly efficient for any company, the issue is integration.
GGG outsourcing a group to design a fix for trade, or mtx tabs or whatever is not the same as a 3rd party device being the only way for you to "track" mtxs on characters with no in game feature (and we are even talking about the paid feature now; how GGG is supposed to make money)
These are entirely separate bodies. A simple way to look at it is an "out of the box experience", will you tell me that Path of Exile is complete enough without any community support.

runescape proved you wrong years ago

the assumption that "people dont want pricing to make sense" is also contradictory to what happens on all virtual econs ive seen

this is my first time winning a 1k prize

@

freeposting has been happening since before discord

runescape changed its economic model for two chief reasons

>they groomed a vocal minority who literally lived off rmt
>jagex wanted to become the source of rmt themselves

Another reason is lazy implementation. They could have altered a few systems but caved.

None of these are good arguments against if anything it's a rock solid example of how to so it correctly through their mistakes.

What's more is they tried to create a logical price using price fluctuations in supply and demand.

The better solution is to stop viewing economy as a player driven real life like logical model and instead view it as part or the creator's design process -- illogical and incompatible with miserable real life economies.

You have zero arguments against and will in fact dodge and repeat the same failed argument like a broken record which isn't an argument against my idea but against the current system.

he's still a resident faggot there

guess you should have called him a faggot then

>Want to plan a build for some new skill
>Realize anything elemental is pure horseshit and the only viable skills are physical with poison

and people think game balance is better than ever

kek

how wrong

>Players want a multiplayer game where they have no say in anything

your argument against the 2 most vital flaws in your fixed system is that:

"people dont really care about trading profits or percepted value in a game that's build around a player econ"

something which no one with a working brain will accept as true

players can have as much input as anything else. they babble on about skill balance. devs can incorporate ideas from the community in economy balance -- they already do via drop rates and nerfs. they can and do consistently control the value of items while you blindly price accordingly.

>anything elemental is pure horseshit
youtube.com/watch?v=LGA00NxeVUc

is discord raiding us or is that retard unironically retarded

Physical builds with poison and hatred + HoA will outclass every elemental build out there.

>shitcore

>Players don't want a free market economy

The current game is a rock solid argument against. Most players don't equate the game's value with becoming rich using our current model or far more would be doing it.

Anyone with an actually working brain sees following real life economic models never ever worked. It satisfies an astronomically small percent of the playerbase. Most players aren't happy with it and I bet majority would be willing to try a totallg illogical system since any logical system will always result in the extreme minority having all the fun.

>fixed trade shit system is proven again and and again to be nonsensical

>b-b-b-but thats why its good! its outside the realm of logica and common sense! it would be part of the game design itself which is also nonsensical and lacking sense!

ok

>poison + hatred + HoA
nice build
nice player
nice genetic material

> current trade system autist keeps defending a flaming turd that nobody but

>Most players aren't happy with it and I bet majority would be willing to try a totallg illogical system

why dont you make a strawpoll and put it on reddit/forums

>I bet most players think just like me despite no evidence of it

because rmt autists would work overtime gaming the polls to keep their dying ideals alive

>The world is a conspiracy against me

> years of player complaints about trade and devs constantly being forced to implement systems to address said complaints and players still not happy with trade by chris wilson's own admission isn't enough for my rmt riddle market simulator autist mind

i made one
strawpoll.me/11022083

Babbys first day online

Too many posts at this hour going on, what's happening?

stop complaining about trading and freemium tabs

just play SSF

>A vocal minority complaining is right despite not being representative of the majority of players by definition

> let's make a poll for the three retards who always argue against fixed price who post via proxy and make up 90/100 "unique" ips in poeg
lol k

if you can't win via argumentation you can always create a poll with fluff results

Sooo wheres our guy memeD?

>I'm right and everyone disagreeing is using proxies

suck my dick you fucking fags

> developers own actions based on community feedback = a vocal minority