BMW ditching plans for FWD 2 series sedan for global market...

BMW ditching plans for FWD 2 series sedan for global market. All markets outside of China will instead get a RWD 2 series "Gran Coupe".

carscoops.com/2016/06/bmw-2-series-gran-coupe-coming-with-rwd.html

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2014-07-03/bmw-joins-audi-in-mexico-as-german-carmakers-chase-growth
inautonews.com/us-mercedes-benz-outsold-once-again-its-main-premium-rivals
wardsauto.com/industry/bmw-bullish-mexico-plant
money.cnn.com/2014/07/08/news/companies/bmw-mexico/
wsj.com/articles/why-auto-makers-are-building-new-factories-in-mexico-not-the-u-s-1426645802
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

good. bmw should be straight 6 or V8 RWD saloons no exceptions

>4 door 2 series
i'm kind of ok with this because it'll be an actual good sport sedan at a decent price

No it won't. The back seat won't be usable.

>4 door 2 series
because BMW doesn't have enough 4 door "coupes" already

They're very likely killing off the 4 series gran coupe. The 3 series is moving more upmarket to become a proper luxury car and compete head on with the C-Class and the 2 series gran coupe is going to fill in the now void performance sedan niche in the the BMW lineup.

A 4 door version of the 2 door version of a 4 door sedan

chinks won't know the difference anyway they just want the badge

door 2 series
>i'm kind of ok with this
I'm not. What if we'd just make it a 2 seater instead with 2 tiny emergency seats, shave off some useless luxury and safety features to save some weight and make the M-package stock? Also make the 228i the weakest option.

Who'd buy a small, cheap 3 series anyway? Why can't the 2 series just be the smaller, lighter, sportier choice?

so this is to compete with the A3?

Oh so you mean exactly what the 1 series is?

The North American RWD version and next gen 3 series are going to be built in Mexico.

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2014-07-03/bmw-joins-audi-in-mexico-as-german-carmakers-chase-growth

There is no 1 series sedan.

The 2 series has pretty much the older E46 dimensions. It will be alright. It's gaining grounds already on the 3 series with the pseudo M2 as a much better drivers car.

That back seat is for your kids and bitches retard, buy a 3er.
Not happening. Merc is shite. Nobody "competes" with them nowadays. Look at their fucking sales figures. Pathetic.
I can deal with NC. but seriously, better sauce.

>Not happening. Merc is shite. Nobody "competes" with them nowadays. Look at their fucking sales figures. Pathetic.
>Merc sales are shite

What? They're outselling their two closest competitors despite a negative growth environment.
inautonews.com/us-mercedes-benz-outsold-once-again-its-main-premium-rivals

>I can deal with NC. but seriously, better sauce.
wardsauto.com/industry/bmw-bullish-mexico-plant
money.cnn.com/2014/07/08/news/companies/bmw-mexico/
wsj.com/articles/why-auto-makers-are-building-new-factories-in-mexico-not-the-u-s-1426645802

The belt line of the 2 series is way too high. It has so much potential to be an excellent drivers car, except the electric nannies and it looks like a damn bar of soap.

Yeah but they sell to people who think that dash isn't absolute cancer. Do not care/10. I don't envy toyota either ya know.
Come on, seriously that gook shit? The day they build a production plant down there is the day they lose their customer base. Ain't happening. Look at how hard they back tracked from a single FWD model.

I mean I understand they are a corporation but I hold them to much higher standards or I'd buy a fucking lexus for christ's sake

>muh beltline
USA side impact standards. Obviously the Camaro is meme tier but it is what it is. Thank your senators you voted for. Low sightlines are dead. Done. Get over it, its been a decade poorfag.
>electronic nannies
All are able to be defeated less the EPS.

Have you actually owned a bimmer brah?

Are you fucking 15?

>Come on, seriously that gook shit?
>gook

Since when are Mexicans Asian? They've built 3 and 5 series in Mexico since the 90s.

>They've built 3 and 5 series in Mexico since the 90s
Not for the US, unless I am completely deceived.
That dash is ugly as fuck buddy. Are you blind?

>gook shit
>mexican

kek

muh bad. i'm sure the spicks build better cars. but thanks for the reaction image

>not wanting a 3xxti