/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

"Press F for Hykem" Edition.

Previous Thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Homebrew: Browser/Menuhax up to 11.0)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/4QBkYbFD

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 Browserhax & Menuhax are out now! smealum.github.io/3ds/
-Install Menuhax ASAP if you're not already on CFW, because Nintendo can block Browserhax remotely without a workaround. twitter.com/smealum/status/758450605568372736
-You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.0 without a hardmod or hacked system transfer. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Development on IOSU allegedly underway i.imgur.com/6f4Ktlh.png
-Enter 104.236.072.203 under DNS Settings to block updates.

>Vita
-New Vita update released. It patches HENkaku.
-Homebrew available now on firmware 3.60. henkaku.xyz
-Yifan Lu denies H's work on reverse-engineering HENkaku as actual progress.

>PS4
-HENkaku ported to PS4 firmware 3.55 github.com/Fire30/PS4-3.55-Code-Execution-PoC

Other urls found in this thread:

wololo.net/2016/08/18/farewell-note-hykem/
gbatemp.net/threads/ds-i-mode-hacking-progress-thread.413015/page-76#post-6611168
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(RedNAND)
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

METROID PRIME FEDERATION FORCE AND STYLE SAVVY FASHION FORWARD AND DRAGON QUEST VII AND SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI IV APOCALYPSE LEAK WHEN RRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEE

no firsts

First

Why isn't H's work good enough?

you should add that development on IOSU is now stalled to the OP

>Adds Picture and flavortext for hykem
>Doesn't add it to the news-section

No one cares about your shit games or they would've leaked them already.

>doesn't keep an offshore server with all his files on it
>doesn't have said server set on a dead man's switch to instantly dump everything if shit hits the fan
>living in an area where lawyers can assfuck you when you're doing this kind of stuff

Hykem clearly has no fucking clue on how to be a pirate.

Add it to the next one then, these threads last about 6 hours max

>no news about reading DS ROMs from SD being a possibility

Because it only lists the functions that are going to be run with a small comment to what it does. Not why this function has to be given those magic numbers.

Good question

no one stopped you from making a new thread before me, if you weren't a lazy slow faggot you could have done a thread that added all the news that you care about

OP is a faggot.

Next time don't be lazy OP and update the Wii U and DS news

METROID PRIME FEDERATION FORCE AND STYLE SAVVY FASHION FORWARD AND DRAGON QUEST VII AND SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI IV APOCALYPSE LEAK WHEN RRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEE

So where is the news on this?

"waah waaah OP didn't put the news in that I care about, it's far easier to whine now instead of just making the fucking thread with the news the first time round"

dumbfucks

>calling others lazy
>obviously didn't bother to read the last thread

gbatemp.net/threads/ds-i-mode-hacking-progress-thread.413015/page-76#post-6611168

Wait did the desu thing actually work?

This could actually be the greatest thing.
I mean if you have a 128gb microSD you could always keep like 8-12gb free for all those DS games you would ever want to play.

Samefag

Captain Sherlock Holmes

So it is only for N3DS?

Thanks.

No.

Okay so let's start collecting a list of news we want to add to the next OP so this shit doesn't happen again
So far, I've got

Also other stuff has been happening, like Vita Quake, not sure why that's not important too

But he's only just begun. That's like telling an artist his work sucks when all he's done is touch pencil to paper and left a small mark

Because the vita is a dead legacy system :^^^)

Is it possible to edit my PSX EBOOT files for PSP instead of remaking them out of the original CD image again? I just want to add cover images to some of them and I'd like to avoid digging through my physical discs again if possible but the EBOOT making utility doesn't seem to take existing EBOOTs as input

Make sure to take the Drama Queen out of the OP while you're at it as well.

I agree with you there. But that's why Yiffing doesn't recognises H's progress as such.
I guess that explaining a few of the function parameters would suffice to make him see that it is progress just as he likes it.
Well, I believe that H will be able to do it.
And if not, I'll just wait for molecule to release the source.

Good idea, if anyone didn't get what this guy meant by that, he's saying remove Yifan pooinlu from the OP

Didn't Dark_Alex do exactly that though? Hosting his files in a russian server in case shit hitted the fan.

Fucking this. Or, ironically, a Chinese server. Or Pakistani or any other country where the authorities don't give a fuck about IP law, of which there are plenty.

>He also said every trace of code or progress has been deleted.

Didn't Smea (ugh) and 2 other people (I think Crediar and someone else) also had chunks of the code in their posession, or even most of it?

>implying Smealum would even release it

Was this done under the power of the DMCA?

Hence my "ugh". But Crediar? That's a whole other story.

As long as the vita doesn't die again I'm good

YMCA?

No DMCA.

The whole Hykem thing left me thinking...

The 3DS was considered quite secured, it needed a very expensive flashcart and a very old firmware to run, how there's a LOT of entry points on the 3DS like a swiss cheese and allowed for blatant piracy.

However, the Wii U doesnt have the install base, the game library or any other advantage over the 3DS besides HD graphics, why would Nintendo go after Hykem, but not after any other of the 3DS hackers? Why defend the sunken ship that is the Wii U but not the success that is the 3DS?

What I believe is that Hykem actually messed with something bigger than the security code of an electronic toy, something much bigger than Nintendo and made powerful people angry with it.

>people release apps that allow you to pirate games directly from Nintendo's servers on the 3DS
>nothing happens

You might be on to something.

Or Nintendo only had evidence to go after Hykem. It's possible that they don't have enough evidence on anyone who released the 3ds stuff

That sounds like a logical explanation. Its what hackerman would do.

%0|%0

Being an attention whore does that.

guessing that's a forkbomb, i prefer the linux version

Me too, but winbabbys are more like to fall for it.

Was Hykem more of an attention whore than Yiff/Smea?

Not really, he just said "I'm working on this cool thing that will allow you do all the cool shit IOS on Wii allowed".

Aka mass piracy via USB port with Online Play.

>Hackers are getting BTFO'd

Is there anything more glorious?

So basically he announced piracy then it went downhill from there?

Without using the word Piracy.
IOS and cIOS allowed for a myriad of things such as using the Wii as a DVD player, a lot of homebrew shenanigans, EmuNANDs...

But let's be real, everyone and their mother used it to pirate.

Except there's already mass piracy, minus the online part. I've run Loadiine on both a 5.3.2 and a 5.5.1 Wii U, and both of them run every game flawlessly.

>What I believe is that Hykem actually messed with something bigger than the security code of an electronic toy, something much bigger than Nintendo and made powerful people angry with it.
u wot
elaborate

yeah but no online without fw spoofing

That's why I keep thinking about this.

Either Nintendo had more evidence about Hykem (but he never gave any details of his personal life either, did he?) to take it to court (but that would've been public knowledge like kongznutz) or he messed with someone/something way bigger.

I already elaborated in my post:
>3DS, the one thing keeping Nintendo alive has more holes than a swiss cheese and allows people to download games directly from Nintendo's servers
>They do nothing

>One guy mentions the posibility of loading games on a DOA console via USB
>They go apeshit and raid him.

It doesn't add up.

The only reason that Nintendo would go after him was if he had the private keys which Nintendo uses to sign every software with. And if those were to get out, well you can imagine.

which, :(){ :|:& };: ?
The one that looks like someone hit random punctuation?

Aren't the 3DS public keys out as well?

yeah the one you just spoilered

: is such a shit function name

Public. Not private.
Private signing keys would mean that you can run an unmodified sysNAND and still be able to pirate.

Sorry, I had a moment of mental retardation, I meant ask: Aren't the 3DS public keys out as well?

Either way, it surprises me Nintendo would do against Hykem, but not others like Sm-pff haha, Crediar, TheFlow...

... PRIVATE KEYS

This is what happens when you don't sleep in 30 hours. Goodnght /hbg/.

Its okay user, everyone makes mistakes sometimes.

>30 hours
don't do that to yourself, it's absolutely horrible for you

I've been working graveyard shift for 2 days, finally I get this weekend to rest. I hope by the time I come back, there's good news on all scenes.

IOSU WHEN?????

Does this mean Nintendo's private keys were hiding in plain sight just like Microsoft's Secure Boot keys and the PS3's Level 0 keys?

Considering how easy was to run piracy in both DS and Wii...

That would be the case IF Hykem actually managed to get them.
Obviously, no one but him knows if that's the case.

did you read anything?

But if it's hiding in the firmware, wouldn't people just have to look again? But assuming he got the keys, why did he continue on IOSU?

any news on the vita???

>tfw lurking because of Henkaku

Hykem died alongside that dream

5 hours

>STYLE SAVVY FASHION FORWARD

>he didn't just play the pal version

How do you guys play your GBA games? Is virtual console the best way to play them? Is there any reason to go something else?

It doesn't make any sense to have the private keys inside your console, a consumer doesn't need to encrypt or sign anything. The double key system was made exactly for that reason, so you can keep the important stuff away from the public. The only way he could have gotten the keys was raiding Nintendo's private network, which doesn't seem that likely.
The "big mess" and sob story is probably just an excuse to fuck off the internet and do whatever he wants to do now.

Dumb question time:

If I go out and buy a retail 3DS right now with firmware

>pirate games

Yeah just get one then follow the guide to install A9LH.

You can currently use browserhax as an entry point

yes

No. Only Sony is retarded enough to leak their private keys, which is why you can install CFW on the PSP and PS3 without any exploits.

>The only way he could have gotten the keys was raiding Nintendo's private network
I actually imagine him being that much of a retard.

So I can just downgrade with the browser exploit alone?
Thanks lads, I'll go ahead and get it then

>Copy the Luma3DS.dat file, the 3ds folder, and the luma folder from the Luma3DS zip to the root of your SD card

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(RedNAND)
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases

There isn't a luma folder anymore. pls advize?

The luma folder will now be created automatically when saving the configuration for the first time (thus it has been removed from the release archive)

assuming im ok to proceed?

Download Luma 5.5

gba cias give the best performance since it basically plays native, on n3ds you could just something else so you have save states and other features but it's still better to just use cias

Thanks much.

Pretty sure I just fucked up, but I guess I deserve this. Guess I'll know in a few minutes.

/hbg/-chan, daisuki~

I did, but it's not a big deal. Just more steps, I think. Or rather, re-doing the homebrew.