Should i finance one other these beasts?

-2011ish BMW 335i xdrive
-AWD
-Twin Turbo inline 6 305hp
-Cost about 30k, i make 55k/year CDN

Looking for a daily driver, and these just have everything i want. Might even get a sedan instead of a coupe.

>no dipstick
>carbon buildup
>looking like a douche

>finance a used car
nope, buy it outright.

>finance

Why not just buy it outright?

It'll take a long time to save up 30k, interest rates are pretty low.

I'd still have a sizable (10kish) downpayment

> Financing a car over half your anual income.
> Financing a bmw.

Yeah. Things will surely work out. Let's just wait for your post when something expensive goes bad.

lel

The reason I made this thread is because i realize how silly this sounds. Just want some decent advice on why this is a bad idea.

Anyone have any other suggestions for cars?
(Must be quick and AWD, will only consider German/Japanese)

>taking cash out of your portfolio all at once because you can't do math
Loans aren't just sketchy payday shit jesus christ.

Plenty of people do it. So, it's just a matter of time someone comes into the thread as says you're fine.

I wouldn't do it. Especially not for a used car.

Your financing more than half your income. If something goes terribly bad, let's hope not, more than half a year of your work gains will be wasted. That for me right there is a good enough reason.

Then, there come other reasons, like the car itself, his eventual problems, etc etc etc.

Plus, you're the one that has to choose a car. I wouldn't waste time on an imageboard advising people. And anyone who does, 99% of time will give you biased opinions.

The only Jap alternatives at that price are the Evo or WRX/STi.

Not sure about German alternatives but Audi a shit. Perhaps a used Mercedes-AMG A45 if you wanted a distinctly boyracer-y hatch.

As far as your choice in cars go, the 335i is a pretty good pick as long as you're willing to deal with BMW maintenance and servicing. You could shave the costs down a bit if you knew what to do with it.

>Finance
>BMW

Get ready to get your ass torn apart by maintenance costs. If you're gonna finance you should get a Honda or Toyota, or if you're desperate and badge-whoring lease a 328i.

I never buy unless the price is low enough to not matter if the car burns down tomorrow without insurance. Buying something you cant afford is not the smartest thing to do.

>le maintenance meme

Not sure if everyone realizes this but i am a car guy. I've done motor swaps in my driveways, and i am very mechanically inclined.

I'm just looking to buy a "newish" car for once-- something that is not 10 freaking years old. And for the luxury/power/awd you get with the beemer i haven't found many other alternatives.

Yeah because the "maintenance" on an AMG will be less than a bmw..

Who you trying to impress?

That has literally nothing to do with financing for people who aren't total cheapskates. OP would be wise to buy a less expensive car, but not everybody rides $2k shitboxes.

OP don't ask for advice about anything on this shit board. Have you seen the post your car threads? Do you really want to be taking advice from these people? 90% of the board drives a sub 5k shitbox and wouldn't even know how to do their own wheel bearings.

case in point. this kid thinks a 3 series impresses anyone and doesn't realize the 335i is a great enthusiast car because it's not a sub 10k japanese car from 1992

who says I ride in 2k shitboxes? thats the price of parts cars that I usually pick up. I'd feel safe buying something in the 6-8k range.

I personally believe a newer 335I with 50-70k (km) is going to be more reliable than any 10 year old car with 120k+ I'm not going to own this bummer for 10 years, I'll have it for 5 or 6 years simply as a dd. Than get rid of it.

I've owned shit boxes, i just don't want to spend every weekend fixing my cars.

Currently I own:
03 Acura RSX-S 150k
99 Audi A4 2.8 quattro 180k

hows that audi treating you? most ive seen barley run with half those miles

It's 180k in Kilometers not miles.

They're are a million of these things here woth over 300k mine is literally one of the lowest mileage examples.

It hasn't been great, it has "age" related problems. Suspension noise and sounds like the cat is falling apart inside. I've owned it for 10k and only replaced an oil separator though $30 maintenance part.

Audi S4 B8

Done.

Main problem points on the 335xi are turbos ($2000), fuel pump, and water pump.

But honestly, if you're really pushing for dropping $30k on a 5 year old BMW then turning around and saying you don't want to spend every weekend working on it, why not just buy new?

How much more every month would spending $40k on a new Golf R be? Or even a new WRX ($30k). Chances are you'll walk away with a lower interest rate and similar or even better depreciation rate (used luxury cars depreciate like a SOB, hell my buddy bought a 08 E92 M3 w/45k miles for $30k in America). And you know what? If something DOES go wrong you drop it off on the dealer Monday, get a loaner car, and pick it up on Friday. No bullshit.

Unless you're willing to get a extended warranty on either used German sports sedan you want.

The S4 is worse than the 335i in both reliability and handling.

ahh, i see gotcha. 111,000 miles then, right at the point of beginning to fall apart

Because it's a piece of shit. The last good BMWs were the E46, E39, E38 and M Coupe.

OP is buying a 335xi. If it was a 335is or 335i vs S4 I'd get the BMW. But the AWD system doesn't make me as confident, while I know Audi pretty much mastered theirs for a performance application.

Fuck off the E92 335i is awesome.
The modern MK4 Supra.

The modern mk4 supra is the fucking mk4 supra. It's recent enough to have everything you need and nothing you don't.

Do you pay rent? Of not, I guess I'd go for it, but you already have 2 cars as it is. Why don't you just wait a few years until you're making some decent money and buy something then? Don't you think spending over half your income on a 3rd car is a little silly?

>the last good bmws were
t. guy who doesnt own a single bmw

no one cares about your childish meme opinion.

I would probably be getting rid of both my current cars to get the bmw.

Need an all year round dd.

Then I'm another two years I'd get another sports car.

No, i do not pay rent.

If you like it buy it. People here will hate you for 2 reasons tho. 1 you have better car 2 you have bmw, proper enthusiasts car.

I never drove 335i but i had e90 m3 and i make around 40k/year. Had it for less than 2 years, had no problems with it. I only replaced tyres since it shreds them like nothing

I wouldn't finance a car.
I wouldn't finance a car over half of my annual income.
I wouldn't finance a 5 year old car.
I wouldn't finance a BMW especially.
So, I wouldn't finance a 5 year old BMW worth more than half of my annual income.
Things are going to break badly before you finished paying.

Don't get a 335i with the N54 engine. That engine was the one that started these BMW memes. Get a slightly newer one with the N55.

And you still need to ask why it is a bad idea?

Let's just imagine, for the sake of it, the car breaks down or someone crashes into it.

What will you do with your life? Bike to work?

If a car breaks down, I'll fix it.

If someone crashes into me.. I have insurance.

This thread is supposed to be more about cars not about my financial life choices. I don't have any debt, I'm saving for a house and i manage my money well. 30k is pretty low considering a new Subaru brz costs that.

Show me a new car that is enthusiast oreiented, thats is cheaper than 30k please.

do whatever i wouldnt but honestly i dont really care

OP I'll save you the heartache and tell you that you'll get nothing buy heartache from this car. OP please save yourself and find another car.

Does anyone here actually own a bmw and can attest to them being so bad?

Take a look at where you are, man. 90% of the people in the "rate my car" threads are driving 90s shitbox riceburners or beat to shit 4 cylinder pickup trucks.

Add to it the fact that there posts in this thread that basically say
>I ONLY BUYS WHATS I CAN GETS WITH MONEY I KEEPS UNDER MAH MATTRESS
and you have a board full on mongoloid teenagers and poorfags that don't know shit about cars, finance, or life in general. This is literally the last place to ask about buying anything other than maybe stickers.

That being said, I say buy it (given the little info I know about it). Especially if you're comfortable doing your own wrenching. N54 gets a bad rep from retards and memelords but like anything else, regular maintenance keeps it going and it's a fucking rocket when running properly. HPFP problems are covered by warranty regardless of mileage.

xdrive adds some weight but it'll still smoke most stis and audis. Use common sense during a test drive and make the call m8. e9x 335i is an amazing machine

One of my friends owns a 2012 335i sedan and has had no issues as far as I know. His car has basic bolt ons and he tracks it about every other week.

I own 3 BMWs at the moment
They are pretty good

This is recent on my BMW e90
>multiple misfires on cylinders 4, 5 and 6
>all on the same bank, bank 2
>engine runs fine, smooth no rough idles
>no change in mpg, (have over 3 yrs of mpg data)
>swap all coils 6 to 1, 5 to 2 and 4 to 3.
>problem persists, same codes for 4,5 and 6
>pull plugs, all fine, swap to other cylinders
>problem returns to the same cylinders on bank 2
>check for leaks with carb cleaner, no leaks
>drive car until empty and refuel with 93 on a different station
>problem goes away only to return 2 weeks later
>listen to injectors, maybe they are not working on bank 2, they all sound good
>check injector solenoid resistance, all the same
>wtf
>start considering timing issues with either solenoids or vvti actuating motor
>pull exhaust and intake solenoids, clean them and swap
>fucking codes come back again
>check O2 sensors while driving to see voltage output (have the blue driver app and code reader)
>all the same, O2 sensors almost matched perfectly
>while reading on misfire codes, some fag on a forum mentioned the battery could be going on its way out
>buy battery tester, $60 based eBay
>check battery, fails CCA test
>well fuck me
>recharge battery and drive car for a week straight, long and short distances
>test battery again, Pass
And that ordeal took me almost a month and a half

>Things are going to break badly before you finished paying.
That really depends on the term of his loan, the average miles he drives in a year, and how well he takes care of it.

You should have noticed other peculiarities with the battery starting to shit itself. Things like welcome lights not turning on/shutting off faster than normal or dome lights dimming or even a battery warning on the dash.

I thought the 2011's were the n55

Do your own search. We're not your personal army.

Time and time people have told you how bad an idea that is and you keep singing the same tune.

Go fuck yourself.

WRX. I don't even like them, but for $30k its your best bet. You'll even likely get a lower interest rate on a loan for one being a new car vs a used one. If you don't mod it it'll last you a very long time.

You can't buy a off lease out of warranty German Sports Car that cost the equivalent of $50-60k today for 50% off and at the same time say want a car you won't spend every weekend fixing.

It just doesn't work that way. You buy a new car if you want to guarantee that from happening, or at least a used one with SOME KIND of warranty (extended or certified pre-owned).

I make 80k CDN and I still think that's too expensive. Never spend more than 10% of your salary on a car.

>I make 80k CDN and I still think that's too expensive. Never spend more than 10% of your salary on a car.

I too make 80k CDN and still think that's too expensive. Never spend more than a monthly bus pass on a car

I hear this 10% thing all the time and it doesn't register that well with me. If you live in a place that you need a car to go to work, to get groceries etc. it's probably the second most important thing you'll spend money on besides rent or a mortgage. I'd say if you're buying cash, 20% makes more sense. If you're financing it's different because it's spread out so much. I'd rather get a nicer, newer rid for $250-$300/month than buy a beater and have to deal with the lack of features and other junk.

No way to finance a 30k car for $300/month without down payment.

OP needs to learn how to manage money. There are other shit he needs to worry about. A 30k car on a 55k salary is just straight up retarded. Just use an old beater until you start making decent money.

Nah, he should just get a BMW. He's trying to impress people, not draw attention

>no way to finance without a down payment
OP was going to put $10k down. That's 30% of the car's value which is above the 20% recommended down payment for any car.

>just use an old beater
Fuck that. I drove a shitty old car for 4 years and it was just one thing after another to fix. Unless you enjoy being in the shop every other month spending money to fix it so you have transportation, but at that point it'd be cheaper to just have a bus pass.

At the very least I'd recommend an actual car, older but solid. Plenty of great cars can be had in the $10k-15k range, depending on your needs and wants and how long you plan to keep it. But I wouldn't recommend anything under about $8k to anybody unless they were prepared to deal with problems down the road.

OP, not sure if this is your first job but you won't actually take home 55k. Depending on where you live Govt will tax you around 25%. You will also pay taxes on the car.

You will take home about 42k while the car will cost you 34k. Now add up insurance and gas. You are literally going to spend 80% to 90% of your yearly salary on a car.

OP is a fucking retard and hes set on not hearing any advices. He just wanted to hear someone confirm what he wants to do.

Waste of time replying to his comments.