Is it a local thing to shit on one brand of vehicles...

Is it a local thing to shit on one brand of vehicles? What I mean is that where I live (A farm/rural area) there are a lot of truckfags, lifted trucks, etc.

And almost all of them shit on Ford trucks and Ford in general, I swear 90% of all the truckfags are chevrolet/GMC with dodge rams also.

Does Ford really make bad trucks compared to GM and dodge? Also why do people hate Ford so much in general?

Other urls found in this thread:

foxbusiness.com/features/2015/09/30/ford-playing-catch-up-to-gm-in-truck-sales.html
detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/2016/01/05/auto-sales/78295542/
ec.europa.eu/atwork/applying-eu-law/complaint_form_en.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no, it's a retard thing

Fix or repair daily

One reason Fords are hated it by Dodge and Chevy fans is because Ford is bigger than them. Much bigger. Not to mention they didn't need a bailout when shit hit the fan in 08 because Ford does good over in foreign markets whereas dodge and chevy only appeal to rednecks and hillbillies.

>whereas dodge and chevy only appeal to rednecks and hillbillies.

Clarkson confirmed for closet redneck hillbilly.

I would assume because Ford is the one pickup manufacturer that believes there is a replacement for displacement.

>meanwhile at gm

it depends
its really all about the outer styling and more aggressive looks of GM/doge

if you actually know shit about mechanics and engineering, ford is a wet dream.
parts, parts, parts. and serviceability. if you want to rebuild any auto-trans, start with ford.
if you don't want to pay out the ass for parts, ford is great here because they use common parts across more vehicle platforms than GM/chrystler. combine this with great market penetration and you literally have a parts bonanza. just as long as you stick with common truck/van platforms and don't buy anything obscure.

but anyway, the 2017 raptor looks amazing
its wayyy better than anything GM/chryslter can possibly shit out
i am legit wanting the 2017 raptor, and im not the type to ever desire anything

ford has tuned their engineering to where they can pretty much effortlessly manufacture the 2017 raptor, even though they are charging a high price for it.
there is a lot involved with manufacturing a factory built, super high performance truck. (super-truck), and the 2017 raptor is very unique in regards to ability and performance
its a very large engineering task, very different from designing a super-car.

foxbusiness.com/features/2015/09/30/ford-playing-catch-up-to-gm-in-truck-sales.html

Next time try to find an up-to-date article

>Topping the sales charts in 2015 was Ford’s F-Series with 780,354 sold. That made it America’s best-selling pickup for 39 consecutive years and the best-selling vehicle for 34 straight years. The Ford brand remained the best-selling brand in the United States for a sixth-straight year, with more than 2.5 million cars and trucks sold.

detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/2016/01/05/auto-sales/78295542/

While I am a Ford person, bandwagoning as a means of convincing someone for your side of the argument makes you both look like fucking retards.

>implying clarkson doesn't regularly shit on American cars (in his later years)
Don't get me wrong his criticisms are valid but at this point he's literally no better than the fuckwad shitposting about >muh european craftsmanship

It's more of a who-you-know type thing I think.

But generally Chevy/Dodge folk are worried about their small dicks and have to shit on the people around them to make themselves look better. I'm sure a subset of Ford people do this too, but it seems much less prevalent.

Ford is a way better brand than Chevy/Dodge. Not quite where Toyota is but used stuff fetches a lot more than GM used for a reason.

I think the biggest sign is the metric shitload of mustangs still on the road compared to GM offerings.

They have way more longevity on their side when it comes to vehicles being treated like dogshit, and going through 20 hands with little to no work.

As a formor owner of the tree vehicles, they are all pretty much 3.5-4 stars outof 5. I prefer chevy though.

>implying anyone with a brain would buy from General Malfunctions

When he had another ZR1 in England on the top gear test track, he said he didn't like it as much.

Fleet vehicle sales don't really count, which is like 90% of Ford's sales. Most fleet vehicles get scrapped or auctioned off after 4 years. Big sales numbers doesn't really make them a good brand, look at how much Apple sells and the quality of that shit.

>Another Corvette leaking fluids

Coincidence?

Chevrolet and GMC fags hate Fords because girls always come up to their trucks and ask "is that an F-150?"

Girls fucking love F-150s.

Girls don't "love" F150s, its just the only truck they can bame.
GM makes objectively better trucks and dodgefags are clinically retarded.

love my 2.7l ecoboost. zero problems at 20k with ~5k in 4wd

anecdotal though, lots of problems reported on these trucks

What the actual fuck are you doing offroad for 1/4 of your driving? Please don't tell me you use it on paved roads cause it's raining...

They're all about the same for different reasons.

Fords are more difficult and expensive to repair
Chevys use really cheaply built components but are relatively easy to repair
I'm honestly a little biased towards dodge but they have their quirks
>easy to work on
>awful fuel economy
>last manufacturer to offer a good front axle on half ton trucks
>the entire interior literally crumbles apart after a decade and there's no real repair or solution for a lot of parts

Guide for Euros bashing on American car companies:

Ford = 100% Mexico and Canada
GM = 30% American 70% Canada Mexico
Chrysler = Italian owned and 60% made in America

Now whenever you see an American claiming they drive an "American" car, you can interject.

am i not supposed to use 4wd when it's raining?

is that why it clunks all the time?

I THOUGHT THAT WAS NORMAL

WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME?

doesn't really fly when people have been dumping on US cars since the mid to late 80's when cars were still made in the us

at work we all make fun of Fords, even in college the instructors make fun of Fords. some of their designs like the 2 piece spark plugs that always break are just pathetic. even at work a couple months ago i did the spark plugs on a Mustang, half of them fucking broke in half

funniest was i was in college right when the EcoBoost F150 came out, guy in my class bought one and the engine started sounding weird and sand came out of the oil pan. Ford said it was "normal break-in" for the engine and the casting sand leftover was normal. engine dickered a few weeks later and it turned out the cylinder walls were warped from the factory

even myself i dont like anything American but have a 3/4 ton Chevy pickup, GM makes good heavy duty trucks and the only issues are leaking cooler lines and fuel pumps. Ford trucks and vans are just a mess of timing chain issues, spark plugs breaking, waterpump leaks, etc

I guess this. My dad's '08 F150 is only at 250K KM and has already spent about 4000 repairing various shit like discs, radiator and master lock. It's been one thing after another since hitting 200k (kilometres)

>common parts across more vehicle platforms
this.
Ive even used parts from a tractor in my pickup.

That is hands down the most country thing I have ever heard in my entire life

GM has the highest percentage of American made cars of the US big three, only the SRX and pickups for the Mexican market. Ford makes Fiestas and the hybrid/electric variants of the Fusion & Lincoln MKZ in Mexico. Fiat-Chrysler builds the 500, Journey, Ram 2500, Ram 3500 and chassis cabs in Mexico. The Dart, 200, and Cherokee are moving to Mexico soon too. They build the Challenger, 300 and Charger in Canada.

IRL
GM is the most American, then Ford, then FCA last.

>Tfw made in Detroit

Merica

>buying a 1/2 ton truck
>buying a gasoline engine work vehicle

3/4 ton
GM>Dodge>Ford

1 ton
Dodge>GM>Ford

The only Fords that get a pass are the old 7.3s

What year?

1776 is the only year,bong!

Not a bong. Just wondering what year it was.

I've got an '85 W150 w/5.9 and a '87 Ramcharger w/5.9

I think most of the Ford hate comes from people just blindly jumping on the Ford hate bandwagon, not even knowing much about Ford in general. Let alone probably never even touched on in their lifetime. That or people who are super attached to one specific car brand that they don't want to give other companies a chance.

Me on the other hand, I kinda have a love-hate relationship with Ford's vehicles, I had an 2007 F-150 at one point (was sorta new) and it stalled on me 3 times in traffic and I had to replace a factory tie rod after, It was a mess. Replaced it with a 2012 model, and it's doing great so far.

This. Everyone is a bandwagon fag

That being said I still have a dislike towards Ford, we use them at work and I've owned a few, some have been tough as nails and some have fragile dolls. Given the choice I'd pick a GM or Dodge over a Ford

Most people in general change cars every 4 years, sometimes even sooner. Plus surplus fleet vehicles are the only reason there are affordable second hand trucks.

how is $4k even bad in maintenance at that mileage?

or do you autists expect your cars to last forever without taking any care of them

200k miles is the shit point of maintenance too

Why would you use 4wd while it's raining? I hardly even use it unless it's an actual blizzard occurring.

People are idiots, the F150 is actually the best pickup truck you can buy

This comment has been removed under European Union Framework Decision 2008/913/JHA and the accompanying Code of Conduct for online telecommunications.

For any queries or to contest this outcome, please submit a report to ec.europa.eu/atwork/applying-eu-law/complaint_form_en.htm

The first truck I ever had was a '94 Chevy C/K 1500, notoriously known for being a piece of shit because of the 5.0 engine. It had only 110,000 miles on it, I only had it for 9 months, but the paint was fading, and where it would fade it would start to rust. Plus the starter went out 5 times on me, so I had to buy 5 different starters for it, fix/replace a power steering pump, water pump, new bearings and rotors, calipers, driveshaft, axles, it was a nightmare. Before I junked it, the engine lost power while driving, never could figure it out.

Now I got a '92 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat 5.8 windsor with 145,000 miles on it. Had it for 5 months now and Im happy with it so far, only had to change the alternator, the battery, and a rotted coolant hose.

Im the only guy around my age (20) that drives a Ford truck around my area. Everyone else's father just told them that Fords are pieces of shit, and they believe it despite never driving one.

Agreed on the mimicking what they've just always heard on the ford hate. My 97 expedition was my favorite vehicle so far. Nothing except regular maintenance and a spark plug that launched itself to space.
>It even was a cop SUV and beat to hell and back