/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, August 18th:
1870 – Franco-Prussian War: Battle of Gravelotte is fought.
1903 – German engineer Karl Jatho allegedly flies his self-made, motored gliding airplane four months before the first flight of the Wright brothers.
1920 – The Nineteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution is ratified, guaranteeing women's suffrage.
1940 – World War II: The Hardest Day air battle, part of the Battle of Britain. At that point, the largest aerial engagement in history with heavy losses sustained on both sides.

>News
EU4 DD11/08
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-11th-of-august-2016.962333/

CK2 DD 19: The end is nigh
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-19-the-end-is-nigh.963090/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.5.5 - 29/07/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V8
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

>>[V2] - 7 Years v4.1
pastebin.com/fMCvXaAA

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Coal_and_Steel_Community
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Teenager shitposters butthurt incoming.

Meh just make a stew or something and you will get better in no time

>20 posts early
Why do you insist on doing this?

6 days until reapers due

So he can safely post with his phone.

meme

But R&I is a bot, he's definitely not posting from another device.

THERE HE

>Oman is entirely in Africa now
wew

What are your goals for this game?

Just comfy industrialization while I listen to music

Daily reminder that Grand Strategy is the whitest, malest genre of games and that never before has a nigger, sandnigger, or girl pondered "should I use this money to build dreadnoughts to counter the UK or build railways to increase Spain's industrial power?"

Eu4 DD when

AI Spain is so useless without player intervention from the beginning.

>paradox games
>pondering
wew

*spends the next 20 years researching 30 year old technology*

>importing liquor

Working on it lad

>taking the liquor bait

Liquor is one of the best factories. You're being memed and don't understand the game mechanics if you disagree

Yeah, I've been popping pills and drinking tea all day.

Ok here's the things you suggested. I haven't changed the horizontal runes yet since that may take time and right now I don't feel like I can do it with all the care that requires.

Relative newfag to /gsg/, about 80 hours into EU4 and I have pretty much all of the fundamentals down.

What are some recommendations for intermediate civs to roll as? I've done Castille, Portugal, Cusco (I had to savescum that one a lot but eventually founded Inca and westernized), and some custom civs in South Africa/Australia. Wondering what some medium tier civs might be fun.

Redpill me on Radical Yugoslavia, /gsg/
I quit the general when HOI4 was released because it was all anyone talked about, now there seems to be a group bent on some agenda or other?

>if you disagree it's a meme

Is the bucket helmet in base CK2/its DLCs, or is it from a mod?
If the former, what culture gets it?

>high demand
>cheap RGOs
>cheap factory

Form Malaya

Yes, HPM and his Grandi Youth are bent on thread domination and doxx any competing modders that come here. HPM is also the obsessive OP and R&I. The Grandi Youth also constantly falseflag shitpost as various stemegruppes pretending to be against HPM while shitting up the thread to try to increase HPM sympathy in the regular thread denizens.

if you want a serious answer then choose some cunt like Novgorod or Scotland

fuck off reed

t. HPMIDF pro

t. steamgroup pro

Does anyone know in what context is -Slau used for German cities? Because i've seen that in some names, but i can't really find a translation desu

hey why'd you crop my image without authorization

also it's just HIP, probably a submod in it

Hitlermod guy are you going to include the European Union as an entity in this mod? I think it's plausible if Germany won, Germany would want full domination over Europe's economy. I think around 1951 Germany,Italy,Francoist Spain, Fascist Britan, Vichy France and other countries could get events to join the Europäische Gemeinschaft für Kohle: en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Coal_and_Steel_Community which would develop into the EU.

I think Italy/Britan would be more likely to refuse which might lead to war and such and might lead them into Japan's faction

Complete theorizing here, but since 'u' and 'v' are the same thing in Latin, it might have to do with 'slav'ic origins.
I just looked at Breslau in particular, and it was indeed fundamentally named from 'Vratislav'

Fascist states are fiercely nationalistic by nature user.
Best thing you can hope for is single currency free market and federation states.

Someone should do a DH Fatherland playthrough as Germany desu.

>-au (from Slavic suffix -ov, -ów). Examples: village and town names' suffixes on former Polabian Slavs territories: Lübbenau, Plau.
>-au, -aue (related to rivers or water), see German words Au or Aue. This meaning of -au (earlier spelling ow, owe, ouwe) describes settlements by streams and rivers. Example: Passau, the town Aue, rivers named Aue.

Liquor is easily overproduced, luxury furniture and clothing are much better

>1951
way, waaaaay too early lad. Maybe IF Germany wins the cold war, i was thinking of leaving the EU for that reason. But 1951 is too much, maybe it can start around the 80s or so.

I'm trying to get to the later start dates in EU4 but once I get past 1500 the game stops responding.

Thanks based and white anons, I'll keep that in mind.

Be careful, lad. MCG died of something similar.

How do I Russiums in Vicky 2?

build lumber factories

That's when the idea for the European Coal and Steel Community began. Maybe around 20 years after the game start
t. Remain voter on damage control

Fuck off Argie, HPM is the only mod we need

1. Never literacise, your pops become pinko liberal fucks who revolt literally every 5 minutes.

2. Ignore factory techs, solely get RGO techs.

Basically the only way to successfully play Russia is to ignore everything youthink uou know about the game. You can still get all the army/RGO/culture techs with low literacy.

:)

:^)

>Never literacise

I think I have never played a single full game like this.

I guess the best thing to do is to get 4% clergymen in every state to get a higher CON reduction along with the full research points, but keep education spending low while getting no techs that increase it to keep it all low?

The bad thing is that you probably won't ever be able to get the healthcare techs which might fuck you over.

what do the soviets get in hitlermod

WEW

shit

And what about Switzerland?

Gassed

*healthcare reforms

And good safety laws too, which gives you another +0,01% for pop growth.

I did this campaign in honor of this meme

what government types can do cleansing in HPM? thinking about going turbo Austria with minimum magyar and slavs

Absolute monarchies, presidential dictatorships, fascist dictatorships, proletarian dictatorships. I think that theocracies can do it too.

Semi-constitutional monarchies and bourgeois dictatorships can't do it, for some reason.

You must keep education spending on 0% all game. Literacy is your mortal enemy, the higher it gets the more revolts you get, as Russia that gets so bad that you will have a differnt kind of rebel pop up every year, 10%~ literacy will ensure you never have to deal with ideological enemies and can focus on your military. With your NF free and money avaliable you can put the military budget slider on full and encourage soldiers to 5% in every state.

>not wanting to become the #1 industrial power with russia's population

What should i encourage when intellectuals and bureaucrats are as high as they need to be?

Should I install SWMH on HIP or is it too much bloated?

Your mom

wow haha so funny

What good are factories when they're being seized by gommies?

I can't get mods to work in Vicky 2. The game lets me select a mod but then loads the vanilla game.

>rebels
>threatening with the largest military on earth

so you can produce t-34s and destroy berlin you fucking cryptofascist

Well first of all stuff you make lasts 3 times as long when capitalists pigs arent around.

>Semi-constitutional monarchies and bourgeois dictatorships can't do it
*tips herero and namaqua*

So you should give zero shits about clergymen, despite of the fact that they'll starve with 0% education spending and won't reduce your CON as they won't exist, which is extremely important too?

If you don't have at least 2% clergymen you'll get nowhere with research, every other nation will fuck you over.

4% clergymen in every state with very low education spending is probably the best you could do, even if their literacy does raise a little, their CON will be reduced massively so it will get them nowhere.

That's """""""""""""""""H""""""""""""""""""PM for you.

*tips 1 brigade from all 48 perfect 30,000 stacks revolting every year*

>not being autistic enough to rebuild it all

You can have as many clergy/intellectuals as you want, but education must stay on 0%.

>If you don't have at least 2% clergymen you'll get nowhere with research, every other nation will fuck you over.
By ignoring, entirely, factory and education techs (though not research point techs, obviously) techs you break even.

What does the H stand for?

Harambe

honourable get

(Hyou)

Why does the anarcho-liberal "ideology" still exist, when literally zero bourgeois dictatorships existed during the Victorian era?

Hwhyte

Hentai

*tips gilded era USA*

Nice get.

Hitlerist

Someone post that screenshot of HPM posting that holocaust meme. I want to post it on /r/paradoxplaza and scar them off of it for life.

didn't know HPM was that based

Also the one where he was talking to himself

Rate my Germania

This war actually looks pretty interesting

Why did you fall for the comfy meme?

I'm literally just letting the game run in the background while I do other shit, adjusting things occasionally
Pretty comfy

comfy is not just a meme lad
comfy can actually be pretty damn comfy

Please post it, we need to purge these ledditor cucks out of here.

>discord stealing old steamgroup memes
cant make this shit up

Grandi Youth will just claim it's shooped and call it a conspiracy theory and redditors will go back to sleep