From working class family

>From working class family
>Always aspire to owning an Aston Martin
>Work hard at school
>Become doctor
>On less than £30,000 a year in my first year
>Salary increases around £3,000 a year

A consultant told me all the doctors you see driving around supercars got them through inherited/family money. He drives a Ford Focus

This disillusion is physically painful
What should I lower my expectations to? Currently own a new Yaris

Just save some money every year and eventually you'll be able to afford it

I'm premed myself and doctors get paid much better here but I want a Koenigsegg so we're pretty much in the same boat

You'll get there soon enough.

Have faith.

The fact that you're posting on here means you're probably willing to forgo a chunk of your salary for a car. And that's fine. There's lots of other pointless shit that you could buy.

Equilibrium. Eventually the cost will hit your willingness to pay, and alakazam, you're driving home in one.

Waiting is just life. Have a plan, and follow it.

Yeah, I've definitely got to think longer term. Unfortunately my desire for a house trumps a supercar, so that'll take priority first. Maybe when I'm a consultant in 15 years with no mortgage

move to straya. GPs here get like $400k a year and there's a shortage so you'll walk into a job no worries

A used Vantage is £30k. Just save up or get a loan of you really want one that bad.

Yeah, that's true. Just didn't think it would be waiting well over a decade after qualifying

With the NHS new contract I anticipate your shortage will be solved very, very soon
I'm still considering it when I go into specialty training

>Unfortunately my desire for a house trumps a supercar, so that'll take priority first

Good on you man, that should be your priority anyway

Too many people here live in tiny apartments just so they can afford to lease a maserati

For now I think your Yaris is fine. You could go for a Honda Accord maybe, I hear they're pretty reliable.

Oh really? Yeah, I'll definitely look into used ones

Yeah, my own place has always been top of my list
And yeah, I love my Yaris. Absolutely nothing wrong with it and never had any issues with them (both my brother and I owned used ones)

At the end of the day you can never go wrong with throwing your extra cash in the bank and letting it accrue interest.

Buying a used car is a good idea too if you can get one from a responsible owner who took proper care of it, I myself am driving a used bimmer with no issues because the previous owner maintained it very well.

Just get used db9 virage or dbs. Anything newer that those look way to agressive. Like asian vacuum cleaner like cars

If getting rich quick is your main priority you should have chosen a different profession. My dad is a consultant and made like £200k a year before he moved to straya and he makes a bit more there now. But you're decades away from that kind of salary. Just save up desu

Get some kind of specialization.
My dad is a doctor, he's said the hours were shit and the pay too for the first few years, but after he became a specialized thoracic surgeon his pay skyrocketed and his hours were about a third of what they were before.

He drives a 911 50th anniversary edition though, not an Aston :(

What is working class mean.

Sorry didn't see
>when I go into specialty training

You're on the right track!

>doctor
What kind?

30k? Thats superb low. You wasted so much time for school you could literally skip school and make more money with a shit jo during that time and probably even be at 30k or more by now.
The again i dont know if 30k is a lot in your country

>He wasted all that time JUST to get a brand that sticks mondeo engines together

kek

Yeah I know an anesthesiologist making near $200k, 30k is shit for a doctor

Some day, my friend, we'll all have our dreams with us.

Heh, maybe Veeky Forums wont be so bad once that happens, eh?

he talks about the NHS and wants an aston, presumably he's british. maybe they pay worse there than here in burgerland

>At the end of the day you can never go wrong with throwing your extra cash in the bank and letting it accrue interest.
This is poor financial advice.

You have to take into account inflation, which devalues currency over time. If interest rates cover inflation, then you can in a strict sense make money this way — but there will never be a lot to be gained unless you are saving a WITH lot (and this is when the value of that gain becomes relative).

The base rate of banks has been fucking shit since 2007, and it doesn't look set to increase any time soon. Inflation in the UK is at 0.5% as is the bank base rate, meaning that you break even on the funds sitting in your bank unless the bank itself is offering a different percentage of interest as a perk for banking with them. We don't know if this is the case with OP, so you can't really say the above. Often, those accounts cap the interest to a certain amount, which means you can;t abuse the shit out of it, and some will only pay the high interest on those funds over a period of time should they remain in the account (meaning you cannot spend the money), which is basically free money for the account to play with for a whole fucking year. Absolutely do not use banks to "save" because they create their accounts and deals specifically so you get very little out it in the end.

One can dream, I guess.

Fuck Veeky Forums.

>shitting on engines made by Cosworth
lmao what a fucking know-nothing faggot

Get a FiST or a FoST

This is the sad life of us, dude. You learn for 10 years and only then start to make some money.

Move to America if your credentials can transfer
I'm assuming euro bucks are similar to dollars
If you took my high school job and made it full time I would have made like 25k a year no college

Move to America, where doctors actually get good money

>Be pizza boy working 6 days a week
>Made £26,000 last year, minus fuel and 2 sets of tyres
>Still around £22,000, all tax free

>doing something just for the money
>I'm helping people but I'm in for the money!

If you do get the car, it will stab you in the back because it will ask for more money in the form of maintenance.

Typical doctor thinking.

>Not becoming a physician in the states and making $190k a year

Even as a pharmacist, I make $60 an hour.

how am i making more than you as a cashier in america?

>socialized medicine

Just keep saving your shekels br/o/, eventually you'll get it. If you want it bad enough, you are probably going to have to forego the regular, " what society wants you to do," lifestyle for a while. I knew a cop(highway patrol officer) who had a chest full of toys, nicest amongst them being his NSX and plane; but he was also in his mid 40s with no wife or chilrens. Cool guy, treated the high school kid(me, user) helping him move like gold. I know this is autistic, but I aspire to be like him now. Fuck having human overhead to provide for, I wanna live muh dream of owning a MKIV supra one day!

Move to America. Nhs is shit and will fuxk you over, plus gas is cheaper here and for tax purposes its way cheaper to run a gas guzzler

You can make $300k+ easily a yr if youre in certain specialties

As GP after a few years you shouldn't be making less than 150k a year, 200k is more likely

>spend whole life working to get credentials and knowledge
>will have to spend more countless time when you have the job actually doing it probably much more than 40 hours a week

and people don't think he should be compensated nicely?
go ahead do it for free or for cheap you will be no better than a Veeky Forums janitor

Idk how it is in bongistan but in the US you have to take out over 100k in student loans, often much more to go to med school

Not to mention the excruciating schoolwork and stresses of the job

They should be handsomely compensated

>socialized healthcare
>rich doctors
Pick one

In my experience doctors form two castes:
The ones in it for the money start their own practice or become surgeons. The ones in it for altruistic reasons burn out very fast and become jaded hospital GPs.

Try to break a deal with a big pharma company and push their pills to your clients theyll give you nicey kickbacks although its a bit scummy

Honda Civic Type-R

Lease on you nonce

Leave the shithole you live in.

Australia, where my GP DDs a 2015 LS600h