Best Current Interiors

What does Veeky Forums think are the best interior of /currently in production/ cars?

I'm not saying this is the best interior of (current year), because you and me both know it just isn't. Still, I love how it looks, the version with wood trim is even better. I'd love to drive one of these. Do any of you burgers have experience with the new Maxima?

That is nice.

Nah, never driven one.

Pretty radical f.a.m.

good looking materials and design, except the steering wheel shape which I find offensive

I take that back its the tan trim on the wheel I don't like

Holly fuck, a nice looking nissan interior. In my parts there are only pukeworthy quashqais and xtrails. And jukes. And they all are flavours of shit with "premium" slippery leather and glossy plastics for 25-35 eurogrand

What's the point of surrounding a fucking touchscreen with thousands of buttons? I never understood this.

Consequently I think the Volvo XC90/S90 interiors are fucking gorgeous.

Forgot image.

Just look at this. It's elegant and uncluttered.

>Consequently I think the Volvo XC90/S90 interiors are fucking gorgeous.
I like the center console and the door trim, but, not sure about the giant screen. It's probably practical and nice but, I feel like when the vents are added to the side of that it starts to look over imposing on the rest of the interior. It's very nice though I agree.

>not sure about the giant screen. It's probably practical and nice but, I feel like when the vents are added to the side of that it starts to look over imposing
The S90 is a bit more balanced in that respect.

>Current interiors

They should take some cues from Ferrari

I've driven XC90 a couple of times and it's honestly not as imposing as you'd think. the nice thing about the vents being seperate from the screen is that it feels more driver-oriented, since the passenger is "over there out of the way" with his shitty little vent, while I have my ICU screen and driver aid functions all snugly around me.

This actually looks very nice. A few things I'd do differently:
Put the seat heater controls where the climate controls are
Get rid of the fuckhueg control wheel for (i assume) the infotainment. A touch screen is enough in my opinion.

The biggest gripe I have with it are the shift paddles though. I understand having paddles on a GTR or an M-car or even an AMG E-class, but on a Nissan Maxima?

I have shift paddles on my diesel Scirocco, which are a third of the size of those in that Maxima, and I think that's kind of idiotic. I'm pretty sure the ones in that Maxima are bigger than the ones in new Lambos, and about the same size as those in new Ferraris...

On the topic of the thread I think the new R8 interior is pretty nice, but I'm still not a fan of the completely round center of the steering wheel and I never have been.

Is it just me or do digital dashes look cheap? The graphics can be nice but fuck, give me some quality gauges.

Not make an interior period? Nobody who circlejerks over the F40 has driven one because you'd want to kill yourself after driving that on public roads for more than 30 minutes

>Krog need shifter fit hand for modern cromag on the go.

>Not make an interior period?

Yes, I look at all this and it looks tacky and cheap. I'd much rather they go simple than add a billion useless buttons and knobs to fake wood/chrome/carbon/leather dashes.

You sound like you are 16 years old. Grow up.

>Is it just me or do digital dashes look cheap?
most of the time they look like babbys first attempt at photoshop bezel and emboss with overly tacky design elements and color scheme

Trouble is you need a way to control your infotainment, AC, drive modes, stability control, climate etc etc etc

Kinda hard to do w/o buttons...

Also, if you think wood/metal/whatever trim looks cheap but not a poorly fitted felt dash then idk what to tell ya...

Biased af

went and sat In the new xc90 at the Toronto auto show and it was nice but it felt a bit cramped to me when compared to my dad's 2009. XC90.

going from bolt action manual to shitty plastic shifters was such a retard move
it's a $100k+ sports car, you'd expect them to atleast put large aluminum paddles in there, if not carbon

I still don't trust that 9-speed, but man does the interior look good for a cheaper midsize.

I agree with you on that, seems strange that it doesn't use the same paddles as the Huracan since they probably have the same drivetrain...? Even the R8 V10 Plus has those same ridiculous little paddles...

>woofer box covering

>What is felt Alex

Although I'm not surprised some stancefaggot doesn't know even these most basic things.

Common functions tied to hard buttons. Menus specific functions tied to soft buttons. Best of both worlds.

Try setting you autism aside before posting.

Hot damn, that's actually really nice. Love the wood and the storage space under the shifter.
That A-pillar looks ridiculously thick in this shot though.

>best interior

What does this "best" word mean? More durable? The upscale interior (with their high spots) in some of these high end s-class cars wears out much sooner than the "non best" interiors of low end cars.

I meant best interiors. You are right in that it just depends what you are looking for. Basically just posting great current interiors.

photo for ants?

>the storage space under the shifter.
I'd be afraid of putting stuff there in case it got caught in the pedals with some spirited driving. I donno maybe not an issue.

>What's the point of surrounding a fucking touchscreen with thousands of buttons? I never understood this.

That's because you (and others) look at a touchscreen when it is NOT LIT UP. Thus, it looks like a giant black yawning ugly rectangular hole in the dash with the many buttons highlighting its ugliness.

Okay, we get you. We don't like that either. HOWEVER, we didn't stop looking just to instantly knee-jerk react. Let's have this a learning experience. Before reading the next paragraph, assume that the rest of us have a brain and aesthetics BUT also dislike the same things you mentioned. So, why do we accept the screen and you don't?

In use, the screen is lit up and no longer dark. The car designers may choose backgrounds that complement the rest of the dash's color, or provide heightened contrast for certain parts of the screen. At night, not all parts of the screen are bright, and in my car, certain bright parts of the screen are swapped out for dark areas because the computer knows if the car is in daytime or night time. These are factory-designed screens and audio systems. They are not 3rd party flashy yucky always-too-bright when on, too dark when off display screens from Alpine, Pioneer, Sony, or Boss.

>that glued generic tablet without any styling
>best interiors

Pick only one

Your car looks to have exactly the same problem, only they have integrated your tablet worse

Seems to have no foot room ,
no AC, no stereo

hey super autism headphone bro!

that's an awful interior. Is that even currently made? Looks like an old one.

What the fuck am I reading?

japanese autism in written form.

>his dash screen is so "that glued generic tablet without any styling" THAT IT HAS ITS OWN FUCKING SCREEN COVER
I CAN'T FUCKING COPE WITH THIS MUCH ROFL, user

PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST BEFORE YOU GET BTFO EVEN MORE