No Man's Sky General - /nmsg/

There is nothing special about the planets near the galactic centre edition.

Also, post your inventories.

NEW PATCH OUT FOR BOTH PC (2.1.0.3) AND PS4 (1.04)

Meta info repository:
repo.nmsdb.info/

List of PC performance/crash fixes:
pastebin.com/NyEWip2r (embed)

Button click hold remover:
nomansskymods.com/mods/fast-actions/

Instagram Filter Remover (YMMV):
nomansskymods.com/mods/instagram-filter-remover

Annoying audio message remover:
nomansskymods.com/mods/shutup-disable-certain-annoying-audio-warnings/

x1000 range hyper drive:
nomansskymods.com/mods/super-hyperdrive/

Trainer:
nomansskymods.com/mods/no-mans-sky-trainer-25-by-fling/

How to get the Atlas pass:
eurogamer.net/articles/2016-08-12-no-mans-sky-atlas-pass-how-to-get-atlas-pass-v1-v2-v3

Other urls found in this thread:

sfx.thelazy.net/games/game/1418/
imgur.com/a/2Yw4i
elliptic-games.com/?page_id=240
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

smooth

7th Atlas encounter translated

for what?

Iridium where?

8th Atlas encounter translated

I've found it in arch formations on barren planets mainly

>the purpose of the atlas stones
>once you reach the center you can birth a new galaxy with them

>gaming media

How can he be wrong 5 times in two sentences?

YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS

9th Atlas encounter translated

Thanks, doc.

I think I'm pretty much done with the game until they release some content updates.

For those that didn't get the hyperdrive schematic because it cam preinstqalled on the dlc ship.

I finally got it in the first space station in the new galaxy.

Asteroids.

10th Atlas encounter translated

>980 ti
>Game runs perfectly maxed out on 2K
>a few drops when you're going into space

>intall reshade fix
>drops to 30 fps at best

How do you even use this

Also, is there a way to rebind the reshade screenshot key?

that's some nice inventory management not gonna lie... I just heap my shit wherever I can

atlas confirmed NMS antagonist

I used to do that. But now I all but refuse to carry certain things. Like iron and carbon. I just used what little omegon I had. I just tend to sell everything when I leave for a new system.

Has the circlejerk gotten to the "zomg every atom ISN'T rendered, murray is literally hitler!" point yet

POST MORE INVENTORIES

Sheeeeiiit I thought those big chassis ships went only to 40 slots

That was just saying that the truth of the matter was it's all a simulation. So, the developers are the antagonists, because this simulation sure does suck. I'll let you decide whether I mean our very existence, or just this game.

I meant the game, but hey, that slight bit of vague nothingness really made you think, huh?

11th, and I believe the final, Atlas encounter translated.

It actually did made me think, nice.

Fuck powergaming, post your galactic postcards

here's what I'm working with, two slots on ship reserved once I get a few more mats for beam impact theta and warp reactor tau, but otherwise it's more or less "complete" until I grind out a 48 slot ship... environmental stuff is on demand for me, depending on where I spend my time, but I just realized that shields and hazard gear are white, so should be used for adjacency bonuses

which one did you use?

if its the MasterEffect one on here it dropped my fps like 30

sfx.thelazy.net/games/game/1418/

the E3FX one i tweaked only drops mine by like 5 fps

there is a way to rebind the key though

>ReShade\Profiles\Default\Global.cfg

>#define RESHADE_TOGGLE_KEY VK_SCROLL //[undef] //-Sets the global key to toggle effects on and off.

you can change that

but if you're using a different version it could be in one of the other files

Was it ever even a circlejerk? Was it ever about one single lie? Hasn't even reddit, the biggest circlejerk on the internet, had multiple posts meticulously detailing (with sources) almost 50 outright lies?

I guess you could say this if it was about Todd and mountains in Skyrim or radiant AI in Oblivion, or Peter and acorns growing into trees in Fable... But none of this "circlejerk" was about one particular lie, in this case.

Here comes dat (You)

err i mean for the screenshot key its in the same file

>#define RESHADE_SCREENSHOT_KEY VK_SNAPSHOT //[undef] //-Sets the key for taking screenshots. Default is the PrintScreen key.

>dat omegon

I came. I still can't find any to get the 3rd booster upgrade.

Landed on someone's planet where they had already scanned all the animals and uploaded it and it counts for a full zoology for me Feels Good Man

>shields and hazard gear are white
different colors, they don't actually stack together

I applaud your choice of omnitool, everyone goes for the meme ones.

I've been selling stacks of it from crashed ships, just keeping one in case I need it for something I haven't discovered yet

tatooine?

You know the big ships in space? Shoot those. They're loaded with materials, including rare ones.

You can scrap the crashed ship modules?

I get BTFO by the police.

>game is now less popular than runescape on twitch.

BUENO

Just to let you know, and this might just be down to luck/RNG, i've had better luck just cruising looking for crashed ships on planets. Helps more if you already have a lot of upgrades on your ship. Every time I go attack a freighter it seems like I get more common/uncommon elements and less of the good stuff than i'd get off a crashed ship or two. Maybe i'm just unlucky though.

>find ship
>claim without transferring anything
>dismantle all parts
>shuffle as much as possible to suit inventory
>reclaim old ship and transfer materials
or you can juggle shit around as needed if you're going to actually use the ship as your new one, plus the stacking carite and micro fabric etc you get from dismantling are very nice to have (stacks of 100 instead of 1)

I could wish for different coloring but I like the body/design a lot, I don't know the parts and everything like I did from borderlands but I'd love to craft my own

ice planet with some green

>find all but one of a planet's species in 30 minutes
>can't find the last in over 2 hours of looking

They really need to find a way to make this less RNG bullshit

Wow you got some fucking lucky grass there m8

Space engine and rodina are better

imgur.com/a/2Yw4i

Gallery of higher res pics of translated Atlas Interfaces

You da real MVP

>t. ivan ivanovich

thanks dawg, though I won't let myself read this shit till I'm further into the story or more burned out

Black hole from the perspective of a nearby planet

Here mate, just found it.

Neat

But where is the mediocre tacked-on gameplay loop? Why don't I have to trudge through hours of grinding before i'm fully free to explore without tedious mining stopping me constantly? Why are the graphics so good, this hurts my eyes.

Elliptic games (making Rodina) is an American company, pham. Surely you didn't only recognize Space Engine when you responded to that post, right?

first time ive seen this model of tool

Space Engine is not a game and Rodina looks like absolute dogshit

Wait, there ARE sand planets?

A shame it's an herbivore...

You'll come across larger than average space rocks floating in free space. Shooting them chips parts off rather than instantly breaking them like Space Fuel ones. These rocks are usually Iridium, they might be other metals, but they are usually Iridium.

I think this was a lush planet, there was grass and all the plants were cactus based. It was super chill

Much appreciated.

The only elements of NMS that are game-mechanic related are completely mediocre. Even the people in this thread continuing to play it have resorted to continuously posting postcard vista screenshots. Rodina, when used just to post vista screenshots, is comparable. This is just because NMS is so unimpressive graphically and (defaults to) upscaled 720p. Cherrypicking a screenshot nobody would be posting from NMS had they included shitty fire textures, instead focusing on (bad) vista shots; When it's actually advertised as an early access game (like NMS should have been) is one way to get a (You) I guess.

Not that I've seen but there is "sand" legit. I've seen it once so far.

Found two animals almost exactly the same on the same planet

>robogek confirmed
>first spawn was sentinel confirmed
>korvax enamored by race that secretly caused their downfall confirmed

You want action screenshots from a game with no action? The fuck.

link to install patch for pc?

So wait are the vykeen just like a bunch of unaware badasses here to kill sentinels or what?

it'd be weirder if they were on different planets

>You want action screenshots from a game with no action?

I want to know how Space Engine not being a game changes anything when you're using this as a graphically inferior version of Space Engine rather than posting about the actual fucking gameplay. I think that Rodina game looks like shit, and the developer worked on fucking Oblivion and Fallout 3, so it will be shit; Even that dev lacks the hubris to charge more than 15$ for it and not call it early access, though.

Sentinels came to their home planet or region of space and started pissing all over them. Vy'keen didn't take kindly to it, now want to rip and tear the sentinels out of existence.

I didn't cherrypick this, the devs did...

elliptic-games.com/?page_id=240

These are the images the developers have selected to show off the best of what their product has to offer...

I don't understand why someone would waste their time shitposting about a shit game in a thread about a different game that they don't like or play.

Must be for the ebin upboats

What do the genders even mean?

inb4 check your privilege shitlord

I'm not that guy I actually have no clue about either games being discussed.

I am still playing NMS because I like mundane repetitive activities with music playing in the background, I just pirated it and have no reason to defend it's mediocrity with irrelevant arguments to save face. Nobody posting on an Anonymous imageboard is concerned about that sort of thing usually

It's just a good idea to maybe consider that when all NMS is now being used for is implicitly misleading screenshots of the few nice planets you see (inferior graphically to the same screenshot in SE) people probably agree they don't want to PLAY this game. The gameplay is mediocre. They want to SEE it.

Sentinels showed up one day a long time ago and started shit with everyone. The vykeen said screw that shit and fought back. Took em near nine millennia but they managed to evict the sentinels out of their corner of the galaxy. Then the gek came along and caused the sentinels to return. The vykeen weren't happy about that.

>Every time I go to warp game crashes to desktop with no crash report.

What the fuck is wrong with this system.

Should I bother with gedesato?

I know it probably wasn't their intention but I like to think of them as parodies of numale/SJW bullshit genders

Oh great it's the fucking waypoint bug, this is what I get for skipping 4 black holes and no fucking way to delete waypoints.

I kinda like the game now, after I got through my initial NOPE moments realizing it's not what I expected. The normies are out of the game and out of /nmsg/, so that's good as well.

8/10 would continue playing for comfy planets and seeking the illusive best ship design.

>elusive ships

Tell me about it, I'm still trying to find a needle tipped ship again, I've seen one system that had them, and I can't remember the star or race so I'm sitting in space stations cataloging the noses of fucking fighters.

>elusive best ship design

Someone's already working on a mod for that, luckily. Soon you should be able to just pick and choose what you want, if that works.

lel, I am doing the same, but looking for a 48 slot freighter nose with those vtol turbo fans in the back

SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTT

>save bug still happening on PS4

im gonna start looking for more ocean worlds with abundant fauna

Should've been in the game from the start really. I found my preferred design by luck but didn't get it in the paint scheme I wanted, matte black REEEEEEE

Oh I've seen a ton of those! Korvax at blue stars had plenty for me recently.

>Content updates

made me go heh

Yep, ship hunting is one of my favorite things to do in this game

I feel like I have seen most planet variations, but I am still seeing all kinds of ships that look unique.

Which warp reactor upgrade is unnecessary? I'm just a few emeril away from the theta upgrade.

Also chrysonite fucking WHERE I've still never seen a crystal deposit of it in 5 days of playing

Has the

>HURR DURR IT'S NTO A SHOOTER MMO THINGAMAJIG DEVELOPER GUY IS A LIAR

fuckery died yet or is every unimaginative spastic still flogging that crap to death?
fuckfest

Go to stations and buy from traders, 10 x trades = 500 of the stuff

Mostly gone now,.

i think you need all 3 to go to all star types

sigma: red
tau: green
theta: blue/white