Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

Busy day edition

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHFU, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!cxY0naCQ!a1JjjIp1dTQlBB4Qu443D67zDPAgrA4AvpR_glybjSk
pastebin.com/VF69XeR3
siliconera.com/2016/05/16/capcom-new-monster-hunter-game-along-major-titles-planned/
gematsu.com/2016/08/capcom-announces-tgs-2016-lineup
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qW43OkWIXL8MA06HiGsShUoW7xzWVE-hRjKAoE5Jyzs
youtube.com/watch?v=hJ8JshLYbFw
youtube.com/watch?v=d7zB10JyDGE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I want to BE Meowstress!

something something adult kys

Did you fuck your showerhead today /mhg/?

I wish i was a rathian. I would cuck rathalos with all the anons

How do i git gud with SnS

cringe

1) Equip SnS
2. Run at the fuckers
3] Carve plates

cringe

cringe

cringe

cringe

CRINGE
R
I
N
G
E

Brb getting khezu babies in my stomach

All Japanese DLC, formatted for importing to Generations with instructions in the archive

mega.nz/#!cxY0naCQ!a1JjjIp1dTQlBB4Qu443D67zDPAgrA4AvpR_glybjSk

Kudos to the guy who put it in the /mhg/ pastebin
>pastebin.com/VF69XeR3
Just reposting for awareness

Can we just purge this general?

cringe

>that vulva
Now that's just lewd

Just curious, what weapons does everyone use? My friend wants to start playing and he wants to know what most people like to use.
Hammer boy here.

Lance desu senpai
Kirito faggots can honestly kys themselves

>hammer
cringe
insect glaive is better

siliconera.com/2016/05/16/capcom-new-monster-hunter-game-along-major-titles-planned/
>In addition to the popular franchise’s upcoming 3DS RPG Monster Hunter Stories, Capcom has plans for a new Monster Hunter title and more according to their financial results briefing for the year ended March 31, 2016.
>Keep in mind that two million units isn’t exactly the number Capcom would expect from a main entry Monster Hunter title, but we’ll likely hear about a new spinoff title for the series [for console] in addition to Monster Hunter Stories, based on what was mentioned in the financial results briefing.

gematsu.com/2016/08/capcom-announces-tgs-2016-lineup
>Capcom will stream Tokyo Game Show 2016 live from the show floor on September 15 from 20:00 JST, and September 17 and 18 from 10:00 to 17:00 each day. Expect the latest information on Capcom’s upcoming lineup.

Switch Axe. It's comfy and easy to use.

Hammer although its no where near as food or satisfying as it was in tri and 3u

DB trying to git gud with SnS

>Hyper Khezu
>Hyper Shogun
>Hyper Astalos

Ive soloed a number of these Multi-Mon Hyper shits, but I think this is the quest that'll break me. As much as I waifu Astalos, the others are disgustingly unbearable.

I change my primary weapon every game.
Tri - Lance
3U - Hammer
4U - GS
Gen - DB

What's there even to look at? All I have are potions, dung, and bullets, or do the Guild Gals regularly visit each other's hunters, and laugh at their armor and charms?

>Ruining the game already
Good job, /mhg/. Toxic as usual.

*unsheathes evening dusk* do you even know who you're talking to? *bushido dodges behind u* psshhh...nothing personnel...kid *activates wolf's maw iii and demon dances at you* heh...that was too easy... *spinning tops away)

>just finished soloing Hellblade Glavenus VIII

Why did /mhg/ just nosedive into shitposting, baiting and "le ironic maymays" after the release of MHGen? Is it the massive influx of new, likely underage, people? You can't even find a room without people trying to outmeme one another.

Nowhere near as food, huh?

LBG, used to run CB but I think I finally found the one weapon for me, after constantly changing each game

Game gets easier, gamer attracts a younger audience.

Bare tits against crystals

Reminder that /mhg/ now has a TA sheet for generations.

If you don't know what TA is, it's kind of like a speedrun type of thing. Good fun and a way to try to improve your skills.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qW43OkWIXL8MA06HiGsShUoW7xzWVE-hRjKAoE5Jyzs

We're also accepting two player arenas this go around.

Make sure to take a picture of your equipment at the end of the hunt, not just the time, list your style/arts too!

Don't know how to take a screenshot?
>N3ds: Home Menu -> Miiverse -> save screenshot. Then save it to your PC from the Miiverse website.
>O3ds: use your phone camera

Godspeed, Anons

Yes, yes, everything was amazing then and terrible now, just like last time

Pretty much this. I blame the ability to easily iframe through literally everything with no evasion skills.

/mhg/ was a shithole before but now it's just unbearable.

>Home Menu -> Miiverse -> save screenshot
I always laugh at the irony of this.

Bowguns. Both types.
I'm partial to HBGs solely for siege mode. I am the motherfucking firing line.

PUFFY VULVA

>I like waiting 5+ months for content for a game I'll be sick of by then!

What's the pierce siege gun? Cirrus is nice, not needing any recoil or anything but the rapid fire is lame shit.

Now if only they attached monster bits to that.

used to be a devout bowfag until 4u, then i fell in love with CB

Lancebro here since 4u. Also use SnS as my 2nd main. Tried all weapons, I just can't get used to Hammer, IG, and GL.

How will you deal with cheaters other than "muh honor" system? Oh wait you can't actually detect cheaters can you? Fuck off with this screenshot evidence.

Akantor. That's what I use anyway
Let loose some penetrative fury.

Did someone call for more Chameleos?

Been using DB a lot so far in Gen. Really fun with Aerial.

Not everyone would be sick of it by then user, it's stupid to assume everyone thinks like you do.

I don't really care if you're going to run Japanese DLC while I wait for it, there's nothing wrong with either option.

>tfw you fuck up your time played because you leave your 3DS open while shitposting.

i just realized that I never looked up in the Everwood camp. I wonder what other areas I never looked up in?

>just had to leave a dude after so many successful hunts
>everyone else had to leave, so the dudes by himself
sorry man, in case you read this I will help you with your deviants, tomorrow night
t. HH friend

From most prominent to least prominent.

1-LBG, I never fail when I have LBG at my side, adept is a blessing, monsters can't stand a chance, use it for all my serious hunts, main it since FU.

2-Lance, Guard lancing is my shit, striker is the most comfortable style to use, main it since 3rd portable

3-Hammer, KO is fun, the hammer is fun, I'm a reckless bastard when I use it tho, so I drink almost all my mega potions, main it since 4U.

4-Cat, I don't like it, and will stop playing as one.

Why is Chameleos so goddamn lewd

It's been getting worse since the move to Nintendo. People who play Pokemon and Smash Bros are the lowest of low in society and they now make up the bulk of Monster Hunter players.

Remember that meme spammers like MASTERLINKX are the norm now. It's no surprise he's a pokefag, tumblrette and a god of the discord. He also LOVES custom quests so who knows how much cheating he's done.

Which just goes to show the kind of people we have here now.

Just goes to show you.

fuck you man I wanted my deviants completed today. i'm considering adding you all to my blacklist.

Can't stand that faggot. One of my only ignored users from here.

It's not a monster armor.

Best SnS style?

warm crystal

Striker.

Probably striker

Anyone hosting or can host some JP DLC?

Hyper S.Los, mainly.

Thanks

Host it yourself: Dead simple, the hard part's been done for you

Why do people go adept LBG when with striker you get a permanent boost in dps and you can have both evasion arts to compensate for the lack of the adept dodge? Absolute Readiness even reloads the gun for you. Seems like a better setup to me.

An increasingly common and sad trend with MHO.

Daily reminder that if you use voice 10 go fuck yourself you retarded piece of shit, kindly put a bullet through your head since it's the best thing you'll be doing for society you fucking faggot.

I think a lot of people are slowly realizing that Adept isn't as good as it sounded before. The setup you described is more than sufficient. It's good for everything, in fact.

Isn't the moaning one 11? I thought 10 was the quiet one.

I don't really understand why people shit on me when they know absolutely nothing about me.

>Tripfag
>Tumblr
>Discord
You fucking deserve it faggot.

Why would it be sad?

11 and 18 are the worst ones. I dunno what 10 is.

fuck

Specifically why do Custom Quests have to be for "cheating"? They can also just be for fun and something more difficult than G Rank.

Don't forget furry and a hacker too

Pretty sure 10 is generic quiet anime girl, like that weird glasses chick from Clannad.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure 10 is what I chose to avoid hearing my character.

Why do you hate me so much?

Maybe you should see some videos I made to see how cool I am:

youtube.com/watch?v=hJ8JshLYbFw
youtube.com/watch?v=d7zB10JyDGE

Should I go for status crit or blunt with my para build?
The first is a 20% boost to para and the second is a 7% boost to raw

GS since FU, stagger niggas all day

cringe

Thanks, user!

How in the hell do you use charge blade? I just can't seem to grasp the play style. Can anyone give me pointers, non-shitposts would be appreciated

I use a lot of weapons now, but I used GS in Freedom 1, strayed to LS in Freedom 2, and came back to GS. GS is my weaponfu, no matter how many other weapons I play.

>burgers going full burger
go to bed lads.

Simplest explanation: charge shield, use axe.

1) Go Striker, or Adept if you just can't handle Striker. You want Absolute Readiness, Absolute Evade and Energy Blade.
2) Your first priority is to get a red shield. Do that right away, and don't ever waste it on a super AED (accidents will happen though)
3) Primarily focus on burst 2 or 3 AEDs, look for turn-a-pounds, those guaranteed windows where you can land some head hits. Don't get greedy.

Why do i see people wearing the skull mask when they farm charms?
is it because of that doujin?

Same.

Tri >Hammer
MHFU >Bow/Longsword
P3rd >SA
3U >GS/DB
4U >IG/CB/HBG
MHG >SA/LBG

>Get energy (Yellow/Red glow on empty phials) by attacking
>Load energy into phials by pressing R+A
>Convert stored Phials into Shield Energy, while in Axe mode with X+A, canceling the attack with R while its executing
>You now have Red Shield and its benefits. Keep it up
>Load more phials while attacking.
>Use Sword for pokes and quick aggressive attacks while having shield to defend
>Use Axe when there are openings large enough to swing it around
Always cancel AED (same big swing used to store phials into shield energy) from Ultra to regular by pressing Down (relative to hunter)+X if you're using it offensively

3U: SA, dabbled in some HBG
4U: CB/SA/HBG
Gen: CB/SA/HBG, dabbling in almost all the other weapons

Shame on you SA bandwagoners.

In all four of my Glavenus hunts he has only ever heated his tail once per hunt. How the shit do I make him heat it up again? I want to cut it off.