/evog/ - Evolve General

Space Jam edition

store.steampowered.com/app/273350/
evolve.wikia.com/wiki/Evolve_Wiki

>What is Evolve?
Evolve uses an asymmetrical structure where five players, four playing as hunters and one as the monster, battle against each other in an industrialized alien planet called Shear.
Stage 2 is the transition to Free To Play + a lot of gameplay changes.

>What's new?
evolveupdates.com/stage2/

>I heard the game was dead?
It was, ~200 players on Steam and little to no updates from the developers. If F2P can bring it back is unknown, but as of right now it's been hovering in the teen thousands.

>Should I "get" it?
It's free. 18GB. Download and test it out.

>F2P Model?
Every week, four hunters (one of each class) and one monster will be in the free rotation. There are currently 24 Hunters and 7 Monsters in total. By playing the character tutorials, you unlock one hunter (Markov) and one monster (Goliath) to keep forever.

Additional monsters, hunters, perks, and skins are unlocked by earning silver keys. Silver keys are earned by playing the game, leveling up, or getting login bonuses. Currently you can't actually buy silver keys, presumably so they can test the unlock rate, but that's coming later.

There is also a monthly login bonus punch card. You get one punch for each day you log in. Beyond silver keys, this can directly award new Hunters and Skins.

>What if I don't want to grind for characters and perks?
You can buy the game and it to gives your account full founder benefits, which gives you 30k keys and most characters.

>Microtransation?
None as of yet.

>Steam group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/evolvevg

>Perk info(Inc. how to unlock them)
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=721252371

>Patch info:
talk.turtlerockstudios.com/t/introducing-renegade-abe-and-overpowered-update-2-06-live-now/98781

old

Other urls found in this thread:

talk.turtlerockstudios.com/t/fusion-plant-next-map-to-be-remade-confirmed/98916
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Last thread died at 200, this is a bit depressing

Well nuts, just got into the game with a friend who's been playing awhile. I found it pretty enjoyable, but I was around for when the game crashed on startup with loads of DLCs.

Been playing Trapper to get familiar with the game, and seconding with Medic. I heard Abe is pretty easy to use, but who's the most useful out of the trappers?

Griffin is cool, jack is good against the goliaths. i didn't rate abe before but im trying to get into him

>Get into game
>"Guys im sorry, im going to try laz"
>Lock laz in with full movespeed perks
>facing a wraith
>here we go

And I'm back. we got raped. Monster just stood over a downed ally hitting him til he died and I couldn't revive him. The cloak takes too long to cool down and the lazarus device takes too long to go to work.

Even then, it's a human playing.

They should be able to guess where you are when cloaked

they usually see an effect on you

abe, griffin, and crow are the best trappers. Jack is great against certain monsters. electro isn't as good as regular griffin but is marginally better in the dome. wasteland maggie is pure shit, while maggie is passable against certain monsters

Alright sounds good.

How about Assault? My friend switches off from Support and Trapper, so when he's on trapper I generally play medic or Assault.

I hear Val is the way to go for Medic.

Markov, Hyde and Parnell.
Lennox and Blitzkov are a step below.

All assaults are "good", except for torvald.

Are the most well rounded and least dependent on team comp. Thankfully you get markov for free, so you're good on assaults for now.

>I hear Val is the way to go for Medic.
She's a solid choice yeah. Doesn't need aim like Caira does and doesn't rely on perks like emet and slim do. Rogue val is...Alright if you want to live at all costs.

Different user, what's so bad about Torvald? The only problem I see with him is his rockets frequently hit the tops of caves.

If I set myself as monster and que with three other friends as Hunter, will I automatically be switched over to the Hunter side even though I hate that role?

Because fighting against my friends as Monster was awesome. Then they removed it and made it only possible in custom games if you're willing to earn rewards and keys slower.

Has that change been reverted or am I keeping this game uninstalled?

What are /evog/'s plans for 10x keys and xp weekend?

I'm planning on getting Elite on as many characters as I can, mainly Cabot, Parnell, Slim, and RenegAbe.

Basic gist of it is he's too inconsistent. Even if you git gud enough to land every mortar constantly his damage only becomes marginally better than the other assaults. But you most likely won't land every mortar, and their flight pattern makes it unusable in a lot of situations.

Yeah if you group up with friends you'll have to play as a hunter. Unless you make a custom game you can't play as a monster against them.

Wait what

Going to play all the unfun and shit characters so I don't have to touch them again. And top off a couple of good ones I just use less.

>10x keys and xp

Is TRS planning on ever making money on this game? People are going to own literally everything by the time they actually figure out how to put a cash shop in here.

When does that start?

how's it possible to be this oblivious?

keep in mind this is in beta

Is Goliath OP or balanced now? I run maxmimum haste perks and I feel like sanic.

golly is top tier stuff right now

Wraith has been a ton of fun lately, actually enjoy playing monster and actually having to outwit the enemy team and get picks rather than just bowl right into the middle of them and hit my face on the keyboard repeatedly for a victory. Though occasionally that still happens, whatever idiot thought up this matchmaking system should be shot.

Return of bob when
While we're at it someone said they might be bringing back an old map next patch. Source where?

It's not next patch, but fusion plant is the first map they're "remaking". Next patch is a variant of wraith trap.

talk.turtlerockstudios.com/t/fusion-plant-next-map-to-be-remade-confirmed/98916

>Emet(me)/Cabot/Abe/Parnell
>vs high level Wraith
>Cabot DCs right after start
>someone in team starts a restart round vote
>monster votes no and vote doesnt pass
>repeat 3 times
>'Asshole monster' says the Parnell before leaving the match
>first dome
>two bot hunters
>Monster focuses Abe for whatever reason
>Abe is good at dodging and I have two cdr perks
>Wraith loses half its hp and gets no strikes
>chase some, stage 2
>Cabot player reconnects during the 2nd dome
>get focused, somehow survive thanks to heal spam and sometimes decent dodges
>kill the wraith at stage 3 with only a single strike on Abe to his name
>Parnell was a bot the whole time
wew

Lol game is dying again, gg TRS
Please nerf some more perks

I don't believe you.

>people proposing to make a more alive group
Even if everyone still browsing the thread agreed it wouldn't hit 30 players.

>another variant
hope they add huge monster hunter esque pitfall traps and automated turrets that sometimes malfunction and attack hunters (only during domes) :^)

>Matchmaking forces me into playing monster
>Hunters pick the most try hard shit ever
>Alt+f4 uninstalling
Time to switch to Dead by Daylight.

>Hunters pick the most try hard shit ever
You mean the only viable hunters

In order to git gud at monster, I'm assuming I first need some level 3 speed perks to actually be able to outrun the hunters, yeah?

Or play goliath and use traversals/abilities smart

>dbd

Huh, was lookin at that, guess it actually has a free weekend going on this weekend. Looks like I'll be trying that out

It is also dying, but slower than evolve

ded with 36 replies
very ded

I would revive this thread but I can't revive corpses that are eaten by monster players.

time to max out all the hunters in co-op and buy all the perks in an afternoon.

I must say after playing 200 hours and finding my hunter party /vg character rating is bullshit. I know most people here playing alone with pubs thats why monsters feel overpowered. I've thought that way too in my first 100 hours before I found my group to comunicate to and play with. We win 80% of rating games now and I must say all monsters have no chances against a good team.
Yeah and in the past I've played a lot l4d which was much more balanced game in terms of teamplay.

I just got this game and I only intend to ever play co-op mode.

With that in mind, what are the best trappers and medics?

Since it seems the AI is dumb as shit and is only ever Goliath, I should be able to get away with pretty much anything as opposed to vs human-controlled monsters, so which ones are best for piling on the DPS or kiting while dome is cooling down for free damage, etc. to end matches quickly?

Or even, what's just most FUN when I don't have to be super efficient? Is Wasteland Maggie actually worthwhile in this scenario?

To put this into perspective, my only unlocks so far are tech sgt hank, sunny, and val, and when I play support the shields from hank or sunny basically ensure a relaxing, easy win with no strikes on anyone, and while medic playing val there's only trouble with healing if our support isn't doing his fucking job and shielding at least sometimes (supports seem to just forget this way too often), the tranq for free kiting damage while dome is cooling down wins us the match even if everyone gets strikes, and wins it for us in record time if every person is actually competent.

we've already stated several time throughout /evog/ history that a good premade team will basically always win. the tier list is based on individual hunter capability and does not consider synergy between the other hunters or perfect play. in fact it's more based on how badly a hunter can do rather than good.

laz/cabot/Egriff/parnell or laz/Thank/abe/parnell former for chasing, latter for maximum burst DPS. really anything works, but if you want to end shit quickly these are the go-to.

>the tier list

What tier list?

Not the guy you replied to, but I'm new to the general and I am not seeing any tier list. I'd be interested to know not only which hunters are considered best on their own merits, but also the specific reasons why. I've just started playing and don't wanna waste my keys. I almost bought wasteland maggie an hour ago then decided to read around first.

>monsters have no chances against a good team
You have never played against a monster who knows how to fight with a monster

It is as good as impossible to win against a real monster player.
But you have to invest so much time to know every little "secret", that most monster player only learn some basics and not the advanced stuff.

The biggest problem for most monster player is, that they don't know the best feeding route and don't know the best fighting spot. Also you have to know what hunters can do and what they can't do.

Cool thanks dude.

Can anyone tell me what the reasons are for the placements on this tier list?

Justifications just for the top tiers would suffice, I am just fairly new to the stage 2 version and would like to know what's so good/bad about the particular hunters, since the in-game info is so fucking sparse, and you can't really tell how things are going to go from practice matches against AI.

Yeah I've played against veteran monsters, so match time at the end was around 20 minutes or so. The only reason my team ever lost is our own mistakes (like assault didn't catch goliath's rock to prevent medic/support death) etc. Monsters are objectivly weak right now. If you keep loosing that means somebody in your team did mistakes. Try to record your match and post it so I can tell exactly.

Markov simply for consistency, and nice burst if you somehow (ie. monster is bad or unattentive) lead him into your armed mines
Abe is simply good against every monster no matter their pick and if you catch the monster once its on the map forever if you know what you're doing, plus deals nice dmg and has area slows
Griffin for good area scan and harpooning monster to keep it from comboing your medic/support
Crow for good slow on the chase and armor piercing capability if the monster is a cunt that runs before health dmg
Val for good and easy heals and a tranq gun slowing and revealing monster, the only problem is her survavibility being dependant on your dodging skills and your team keeping the monster off you
Hank for occasional orbital strike and the best shields hunters have, rivaled by Sunny but her drone needs long setup time now
Kraken is a pubstomper and invalidates most assault picks and some trappers simply by being a flying ranged asshole

you shouldn't have to worry about wasting keys on anything, especially with the event this weekend. getting 10x keys XP means you'll be swimming in keys with just an afternoon of play. just go into coop, max a hunter and buy the next one, rinse repeat. once you max all the hunters use your keys to buy whatever perks you didn't unlock and move on to the monsters in hunt.

>max a hunter and buy the next one

Do you get some kind of big reward for "maxing" a hunter or something?

you get perks, elite skins, badges and about 10k keys if you complete achievements with a hunter

every level up you get a reward, most of them are keys, a few are perks, badges, and the elite skins. with the 10x keys/XP even you should be able to max out a hunter very quickly and have more than enough to buy another.

>retarded high level kala on team
>puts a fucking teleporter in some random spot almost in the middle of the dome
>monster hits me and it pushes me into the tp
>get teleported far away from the fight

goddamn I hate playing with all these idiots

>tfw no drawfags to make retarded pub comics

>kala juggling her mines while the team gets bullied by goliath
>close up of kala "I'm helping"

>laz priming his glove with a wind-up key
>daisy licking the downed hunter's face
>laz tries to go faster
>laz takes a boulder to the face
>daisy just sitting there with a stupid fucking face

I liked the Lennox facepunching kraken comic tho

yeah, that one was pretty great despite the wonky perspective in the first and last two panels.

ded gen, ded gam.
how would you feel about a crow skin with a wraith head for his hood instead of a blitz leopard?

But would it keep his head warm

probably.

medic hyde
>healing chem sprayer
>healing gas bomb
>minigun does less damage, but slows monster's traversal and ability CDs

>minigun causes weakpoints
>healing bomb also slows the monster

nah we already have a slowing medic and a weak points """""medic""""".

>heal burst temporarily inscreases healing output instead of being a burst.

Thoughts on RenegAbe?

I played one match as him and I just cant find a good way to play as him
I dont know how long his debuffs on dart or grenade affect the monster so I keep swapping them constantly, throwing them at the monster and occasionally getting few shots with the shotgun, but the damage is just not there
Also his shield is weaker than other assaults

Wraith is a monster you mate with, not wear on top of your head, m8

his shield is weaker, but the damage reduction debuff (supposedly) compensates. his poisons last about 10 seconds, you should take swap/swap/reload or swap/reload/reload and apply all poisons, do a few right clicks with the shotgun and then reapply. his damage feels weak because he has a much higher chance of missing his shit and his DPS entirely revolves around keeping the DoTs up. his damage potential is ridiculous, especially the extra chip damage after a dome. if you can keep the monster in your sight you can just keep nailing it with darts and left clicks.

>not swap/swap/acidic rounds

acid doesn't work on renegabe.

wat

TRS are incompetent and his poisons override the perks.

fun

I'm pretty sure poison perks add more poison "ticks" in damage numbers

Just tested it, grenade and shotgun trigger poison, dart doesnt(probably because it doesn't deal direct damage)

even if they do, the reload perks provide more dps from the right clicks which is half his damage.

Is the 10x exp live yet?

10x XP/silver keys started.

New rotation:
>Wraith
>Hyde
>Jack
>Val
>Bucket

why don't we have coop grind parties in the event?

Fuck that, I'll stick to actual matches.

Fuck you for not wanting to maximize your gains, chump.

I'll grind with you in about 5 hours when I'm done work.

this rotation looks pretty good actually

>event starts
>game disconnects 5 times in a row
Nice joke, TRS.

>almost kill goliath
>game crashes
gg

no crashes here :^)

>10 fucking times exp event
After this ends you literally cant trust anyone's level

holy fuck this game is the exact opposite of fun.

You won't be able to trust hunter levels but it doesn't matter in the case of monster players.

They were all at max level already anyway :^)

UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ

you never could trust anyone's levels

I've met plenty of shit players who have max level on some character way before this event

Different user, mind if I ask where renegabe fits in the assault tier list?

10xXP means wipe soon, fellas

Tier 2 at least, probably

tier 3 at best

not even TRS would be dumb enough to make 95% of remaining playerbase to uninstall the game

>dome
>everybody stop moving except me
>can't fire
>can talk with other bugged players fine though
Amazing.

>wipe
not going to happen

How else they gonna make money?

Ive seriously been asking myself the same question since most of the beta. Theyve been super generous with their F2P system but their "small sustainable playerbase" isnt going to buy shit because they have tens of thousands of keys left over