youtu.be/fPF4fBGNK0U
youtube.com/watch?v=joMK1WZjP7g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>2000gt
>Poor
Good bait.

> that pic

Nnnnnnnouuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :'(((((

I'd love to agree but I don't like how much shit breaks, how hard and expensive it is to fix and how driver aids sometimes can't be turned off.
You just can't hoon a car that costs too much to lose.

How much money you make?

They'll rebuild that, right?

Right?

Have better luck sewing the drivers head back on than rebuilding that.

Oh coarse they will, once you're worth over a certain amount as a car men with little hammers and wheels will rebuild you.
Driver was fine I think, believe a tree actually fell on it.

Already been done.

youtube.com/watch?v=Vh27QLdnUZA

Faster? Yes.
Safer? Unnecessarily so. Cars were safe enough in the mid 2000s. We don't need automatic braking and shitty pedestrian-safe design.

Older cars are better in the sense that they aren't fucking totaled in a sub 5 mph impact and that they were built with repairability in mind as opposed to now where they try and make you go to the Jew dealership to change the fucking oil.

The one undeniable advantage of older cars is that they're lighter.

i have one modern car to just be reliable and have easy access to parts and quick repairs but my other 6 are 1975-1998 and i enjoy all of them more for a thousand reasons, none of them relating to poverty

Newer cars are better, more efficient, safer, and all that crap. But they are also so infuriatingly annoying I'd tear my hair out if I weren't afraid of it never growing back out. All those modern "comforts" like electronic park brake, start stop, automatic doors, a thousand different led lights in the interior, are just fucking annoying.

You don't have to go to the dealership for an oil change on any car except some supercars.

If you want to void your warranty on that new car, go right ahead. Sure it won't be voided directly, but a dealership can fuck you over a thousand different ways, and if they see you overstepped the service intervals, they can figure something out.

I hate all those automatic crap that i cant turn off. The simple one is the headlight. It just wont let me turn it off.

>old cars are tougher hurdur
Nice meme
youtu.be/fPF4fBGNK0U

Even then, a 36k warranty is 7 oil changes. No big deal.

New cars just have that disconnected feeling.

Old cars look better, but your other points can't really be debated.

France has the right idea. Scrap all cars older than 1997. Let the museums keep all the old crap out there if they feel it's special. Ferrari, Lamborghini etc are still all old cars that are disposable. Yes they are disposable. Let a museum keep them but they won't be on the road that's for sure. Unreliable unsafe pieces of junk whose owners are infatuated with them because they haven't grown up.

>they fucked up a Bel-Air just to push a narrative
Libs

M8 it's a four door sedan

But it's a four door sedan with a swoopy ass.

Fag.

Why anyone needs more than 50cc's on a motorcycle and 500cc's in a car is beyond me. Bunch of insecure egotists if you ask me. People go on and on about a pure driver's car, but what about the original driver? The original purpose of the automobile was to gingerly drive rich cucks to and fro from their business obligations and prostitutes. Ban all shitboxes that exceed 19mph, we have public transit for the professional high speed driving, we cannot trust the public with this. Lets make the automobilegl great again and return it to it's purest form, the 4 wheeled motor bicycle.

>new cars are better
>old cars are cooler
that's about the extent of it really

Old vehicles tend to sacrifice the driver for the structure of the vehicle.

New vehicles sacrifice themselves to save the driver.

>Wanting a wide body plastic filled shitbox
>Auto breaks
Oh the hydroplaning. Also its more driver safe than pedestrian safe.
>Tfw average new car can no longer dodge a person while staying in lane.
>Too wide to park
>Way too wide for normies to park
>Gives people the feel that they can drive more recklessly because they may be safe
From my experience.

new cars are better appliances
old cars are better if you care about driving itself

nostalgiafagging starts around 25 and gets exponentially worse as you see 40 year olds spending half their income to maintain some super rare piece of shit that is beaten in mpg, reliability, looks, safety, insurance costs and everything else OP mentioned. Old people are fucking cancer and you can't trust their opinion on anything since they're always mentally stuck 30-40 years ago when they were relevant. Every board is infected with nostalgiapissing and it's also fun to see younger people fall for these meme and go for something "classic" in which they don't even use it but just bleat about how "better things were", quite literally becoming king memelets in which they can't even point out what they're defending. Luckily Veeky Forums doesn't have its head this far up its ass, worst is shit like /vr/ it's literally the same 5 threads of people who haven't played their shitty ass game in 15 years and let only the bad memories degrade.

Nostalgia is cancer because it retroactively only removes the bad memories and you end up living in this quantum bullshit existence in which you have to own the vehicle yet never use it because you'd then have to admit how shit it is so you see these fucks collecting cars and talking about how great they are but they haven't driven it for more than 15 minutes at a time in over two decades.

plenty of people on here drive 80s and 90s cars m8
they still work and they're gud

This is sorta true. Though you can find other means to protect the driver in a small car.
Such as better head cushioning preventing whiplash and concussions.

this is a car, not a school bus. the rapid deceleration and shrinking passenger compartment kills you bro

i just like road legal 2 strokes is all

Even my 45 year old econobox with sloppy front suspension bushings and absolutely worn out brakes feels better than new cars, I just can't understand how cars have lost so much feeling.

A toyota. Nothing of value lost

>>inb4 poorfags try to justify being poor
Except a lot of the time older cars are far more expensive than new ones :^)

>Drive by wire
No thanks.

This test always pisses me off. Whoever set it up knew how absolutely terrible the X frame cars were.

I'd like to see an Imperial vs a modern 300. That would be a more fair test.

>If you want to void your warranty on that new car, go right ahead.
The warranty on my new car specifies a number of ways it can be invalidated. Not that they will enforce it, but the terms are there if they so choose to screw you over. Your only protection then is to get a lot of highly public media attention because that's the only thing they fear. All other things they can shut up with lawyer letters such as forums.

>I hate all those automatic crap that i cant turn off. The simple one is the headlight. It just wont let me turn it off.

I just wish all the airbags other than the drivers' bags are turned off if there is no one in those seats. While some cars now turn off the front passenger bags if no one is detected there. the rear bags still go off. This makes even a small accident pretty expensive due to all the side air bags that pop out of pillars and the side bags that tear open the rear seats and pop out from the bolsters.

Ohh i never thought of that, ya that really suck too. I wonder why cant they use some sturdier material to support the roof when the car flips instead of make those thick as fuck that blocks the view

>2016
>still being a carcuck

this tbqh

cars are just for shitposting

>current year
>riding nigger bike

>all Suzuki's are Hayabusas

kek

For every old car that is good, there are 10 or more that sucked ass.

I wouldn't say they sucked ass. They were just nondescript. Just like today, with plenty of plain A to B cars and only a handful of interesting ones.

Keep consuming the new cars goy.
Look how new and safe they are!
Look how fast and economical they are!
Look how trendy and rich you look!
Look at all those poor people driving cars that look like they're from a different time because of engineered design language and marketing!

Putin please save us from this hell.
They've been saying the same things for 40 years, none of it is true.

Redpill me on the E36 328i pls rapey shower lad.

Dank open dif skidz.

Why don't you fuck off.

I'm 21 and own two iconic 90's cars, as well as several more modern cars.

I sure as hell prefer driving my classics to my moderns, for the simple reason of driver engagement.

Modern cars are weighed down by all these additional features which are nice for cruising, but not for spirited driving.

There's your fucking answer. Someone's just salty he's not successful enough to afford a classic.

Holy shit rekt

It's funny too, because most classic cars are now worth way more than a new car.

It's a sign of wealth to have one to anyone who knows anything about cars. You can easily spend 100k on fabricating parts.
That faggot crying about nostalgia thinks it's all about lap times and will never understand the feeling of being one with your car, so don't even try.

Hell, there's no way he can afford a classic so he's shitposting. You think he's going to be able to afford a 69 charger? A skyline GTR?

These cars come with insane maintenance alongside them.

>Insane maintenance
>a 69 charger? A skyline GTR?
Yeah nah.

They aren't better and their value is totally exaggerated thanks to baby boomers, but they're still interesting and look good.

Don't you own a newer car?

I paid $600 for a 71 Datsun 10 years ago and it's now worth $6000. Plus 150hp, 5 speed, IRS, coilovers, 30mpg. Looks good as fuck and drives better than most cars. Just general maintenance and tune ups and parts are cheap as fuck still. I enjoy my cars and have tons of money to do other shit besides make payments on some shit new car that was designed to break.

>Picks a car famous for poor structural integrity even back in the day

This is soviet tier propaganda

Bring it on

Programable ECU's are becoming cheaper and more user friendly every year, early FI cars will be able to more than keep up with our current fad of 300hp v6 land barges for a looooong time.

i buy old cars because i can more easily restore/modify them and turn a tidy profit when i'm done.

their is no money in new cars, except for the stealership to make.

keep telling me how good your 15 sti is.....i'll keep driving my old ford truck as a dd long after yours is in a junkyard somewhere.

Lame

Son...

It's all about being resourceful and knowing what things are worth. If you cant into diagnosis and repair you're going to be in the red on your flips real fast.

let me plug my computer to this new car so it can give the problem

yea need to be a wizard to understand new cars.

i like focusing on mechanical. one of the reasons i go old, and i never go over budget. one of the benefits of doing everything yourself.

>posting that image again
That one and the one of about 10 cosmos rusting away trigger me more than most tumblrinas could ever dream of being triggered.

i don't get it why people obsess over 2000gt
adjusting for displacement and top RPM engine in 2000gt was actually weaker than L16 in Nissan 510.

it's literally because of:
>muh james bond

Yes actually. Skyline GTR is a car you have to budget double what you pay for when shit breaks

They're beautiful, nigga.

Easily... You'd be surprised what collision and body can do. Perhaps fab up a new roof.. A car that is that pricey would have to be vaporized to be totaled

yeah, that's why they made only 370 of them

Can confirm, sister has an R34, It's weird really because looking at parts sites the prices are't outrageous by any means, but her bills always pile up to surprisingly much for some reason.

THAT 2000GT NOOOOOOO.
351 now down to 350 (im sure its lower than that this is the first wrecked one i saw)

>muh steel
youtube.com/watch?v=joMK1WZjP7g

>Picking literally the least safe car of the 1950s

Cool cherrypicking bro

yeah, its currently being rebuild, the owner is sueing the city as well, apparently they knew about the tree that fell on it, but failed to do anything about it

>more refined
objectively false. also most modern cars look like dog shit.

You don't understand the appeal of old cars became you are not an auto enthusiast. You don't have to be driving them to appreciate things like asthetics or history.

>Can confirm, sister has an R34
I'd like to marry her, please.

Is that the one where the.old car had no engine.installed to make it look.even more.deformable.than.it already is?

Human being cannot be trusted with any for of autonomy if you ask me. They are constantly screwing things up and are just way too in efficient. Ban all human movement, and better yet all human activity. Better still, breed them in large towers in vats of goo; attach HDMI cables to their spine and feed a virtual reality into their brains. Let the machines take over and run the world, it will be a much better place. Besides, they need the warmth of human bodies to use as energy. Lets make the human experience great again and return it to its purest form, subconsciousness.

New cars are objectively better in just about every way.

It's a good thing I really don't care whether I live or die.

fuck that is cool

>safer, faster, and more refined
Not everyone's shopping list.

>be me driving in my car yesterday
>damn it's hot in here
>gotta lower my window
>*crack*
>oh boy here we go
>passenge rside, can't hold it up
>driver over small bump
>window falls into door
>have to ask locals for pliers and tape
>meanwhile it starts raining
thank you based progress, what would I do without electric windows. can't wait to spend an afternoon replacing some broken plastic piece.

But you had more control over the old cars. More direct connection between you and the machine. Nowadays it's all electronic.

Whenever someone says older cars are better, they mean older cars are so much more enjoyable than new cars that they make up for all their drawbacks. And that's the truth.

>speed
>slammed

top poser loser

ITT hipsters
>muh new car doesnt feel like a car like my old shitter did

This, objectively old cars are worse than newer ones, but subjectively, fuck no. There's no recreating the feeling of a classic.

Name one great improvement since 2000, I'll wait.

>old cars
>you might die any moment
>feelsgoodman

its way better to restore a totally busted car, maybe sitting for 20 years in a barn and waiting to be driven once again

rather than going to a stealership and buying a new car
in 10 years they will be considered old

old cars only get older; even cooler

only positive thing about new cars:
in 30 years you are still the first owner and everyone is jelly af
you drive a now-classic car

Magnetourological dampeners.

I read they actually called a guy out of retirement who made these back in the day.