/simg/ - Simulation Games General

Big and beautiful edition

Previous Sortie: →

A thread for all vehicle simulation games: racing sims, flight sims, train sims, submarine sims, tank sims, anything else sims which do not have enough traffic to sustain their own independent generals.

>Extra attention grabbing search terms for example welcome sims
/fsg/ /dcsg/ /fsxg/ /bmsg/ /shg/ /rofg/ /etsg/ /il2g/ /lfsg/ /tsg/

>/simg/ TeamSpeak:
ts.artificialanimation.com:7997

>Experimental website
nogf.moe/simg/

>/fsg/ Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/flightsimgeneral

>BMS download links
pastebin.com/2CDSgvZq

>Planefag pastebin:
pastebin.com/Zb0U61in

>Tankfag pastebin:
pastebin.com/EbdtnyPX

>Boat- and subfag pastebin
pastebin.com/JqTQWFFE

>Repository of various aviation related material:
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E&usp=drive_web

>OP pastebin:
pastebin.com/yXeNzrpg

>Example of welcome sims
Falcon BMS, DCS World, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Euro truck sim, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War, Steel Fury: Kharkov 1942, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum, Silent Hunter, Dangerous Waters, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 201X, OMSI 2, DiRT: Rally, Ship Simulator

>Example of non-welcome games:
Ac* C*mbat, W*r Th*nder, W*rld of _____

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2872161&postcount=40
thebattlesim.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=fwGGYIEBKZY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for Foxbat

2nd for CMANO

>dcs b1 never ever
I would prefer the B-52 and F-111 anyway. :^)

If Death had a face, it'd something like this.

i might actually join my first blue flag to shit on f15s with magics
But quick question
Will i be able to switch sides after the round ends?

Red 4 lyfe

Yes.

You pick your team every round.

From the series "Shitty BR cities seen from above in FSX with low res" comes to this thread "São Paulo seen from above in FSX with low res"

1 - We start above the central-south part of the city staring south. From here we can sort of make out the jockey club slightly above the engine pod and the billings and guarapiranga dams, south of the city. Our journey will take us over a few of the city's most important regions and landmarks

2 - Close to the Jockey club is the USP Cidade Universitária campus. Flying above it you can see it down from the Pinheiros river. The small green strip between the campus and the river is the Raia Olímpica. When the river still had a flood zone and wasn't rectified, they dug there and after the flooding, they trenched it in, treated the water and now it's a huge ass pool which they use to practice rowing.

3 - Another picture of the campus. Up north you can see where the Pinheiros and Tietê river meet up.

4 - Here's the view of the Paulista Avenue region, lots of business and rich people here, it is widely considered one of the most expensive zones in São Paulo to live in.

5 - Here's the view of the Republica region, home to some of the city's most recognizable buildings: the Copan building and the Italia building, you can almost make them out here, it's the curly building in the center of the picture and the one next to it. To be zoomed into in another photo.

if they did add the mig 25 blue side would cry

Se joga na USP viado :DDDD

never

6 - In this picture you can see the tamanduateí river left of the wing and up from the engine pod. To its banks there's the Dom Pedro II park and bus terminal, in blue and yellow, right from the wing you can also sort of make out the Luz train station next to the train tracks

7 - Close up of the park and terminal

8 - To the right of the wing you can see the Anhangabaú Valley region, there used to be a river there but the people eventually canalized it and made it an underground river. This considered the old downtown part of the city. Immediately in front of the wing you can see the Altino Arantes building, it's the pointy-empire state building-like tower, commonly called "Banespa Building" or "Banespão" for being the old headquarters of the Bank of the State of São Paulo, which was called Banespa

>first day of FO campaign
God I can't wait, any ideas what kind package simg is going to frag first?

9 - Here's a close up image of the Copan and Italia buildings, the Copan is the curly one and the Italia building is the slightly rhombus shaped one to the left of it.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying, they have never developed a "foil" or contemporary opponent to one of their full fidelity modules and likely never will, let alone theaters to play on.

Sure, we got the P-51, but they were going to do that anyway, it wasn't picked because of either the Dora or 109 variant we got.

Shit, we're getting a fucking Corsair and no jap birds at all.

There's speculation that leatherneck are making a zero

10 - One of the most known parts of the city is the Ibirapuera park. It's like a BR modernist version of the Central Park in NY.

11 - Here's a close up of the Jockey Club, horse races happen here. You can also see the Pinheiros river.

I'll believe it when I see it.

12 - Here's the Ponte Estaiada, another well known landmark of the city. To the right of it is the headquarters of Globo TV.

13 - Another picture of the city, this time of the Paraíso region, in the south. You can also see the Ibirapuera park.

14 - This is the Paulista Avenue, arguably the most famous avenue in the city and state of São Paulo, and probably in Brazil aswell. It is build in the highest point of the city. At a time the most rich people in the entire country would build their huge ass estates here, coffee barons and industrialists and whatnot

Check Rudel's profile on the ED forums. He went full weaboo with the descriptions. Plus his profile pic is from that Studio Ghibli flick about the Zero's designer. Also, he had a thread where he was teasing a WIP mesh of a landing gear. If you are a rivet-counterfag, you can probably make out which plen's gear is that.

15 - Another shot of the Anhangabaú Valley region, the city's tallest skyscraper is built in this region.

16 - Near the Anhangabaú Valley region there's the Mercadão Municipal, sadly it's just a painting on the ground in this scenery

17 - Coming in for landing on the Campo de Marte airclub, ICAO code SBMT

18 - Looking to the left you can have a nice panorama of the city as seen from the north

THE END

>Blueflag is going SRMs-only
>Mirage moved to red

So have the blues starting crying about imbalance because they only really have the F-15 (do they have the F-5?) yet?

Not the guy you were originally replying to
I don't visit the ED forums at all but now I am curious. Can you post a link?

Yup just check the thread.
Though, honestly I'm confused why the Mirage was moved for this round. With BVR missiles sure it makes sense on red but with heaters only it's arguably one of the best performing aircraft, combined with WVR already being the Russians' arena.

Maybe he wants to shit on f15 users?

I still say they should allow an "east german" MiG-29 spawn or something just to appease the crybabies.

>yfw this is all a ploy by buddyspike to show that blue is actually the underdog and that red are just a bunch of mean old bullies who only complain about balance when it's not in their favor

I mean, it's better than BLUFOR.

They find things to whine about even when balance is clearly in their favor.

Shit, they seem to think that only BLUFOR has issues coordinating and getting strike packages organized and operating together.

I can count on one hand the number of times REDFOR has been pushing an area and actually had an Mi-8 ready to go without having to wait on someone to go get it. across the 3 rounds I've participated in.

I know I was shitposting

Buddyspike have a very clear blue-leaning bias, the same way the DCS community at large has a blue-leaning bias. It's only natural, I suppose, given that most people in the English-speaking DCS community come from NATO countries, or at the very least not-former-Pact-countries. Why wouldn't they prefer the aircraft that popular culture has shown to them as a superhero against the two-bit supervillain that is the MiG or the Sukhoi?

I'm not even a slavaboo I'd just like to see more not-NATO aircraft in the game and for the "red" side to stop being treated like the bad guy who's supposed to lose.

>commies
>not evil
I bet you are underage.

I don't think I said anywhere there that commies are anything other than shitbags

but if you want a game to actually have decent, asymmetric PvP with lines drawn at NATO aircraft v. USSR/Pact aircraft, you have to actually give the Pact guys something to fuckin' fly, and you need a community for those aircraft to actually develop. I think the numbers in recent blueflags shows that that is not the case in DCS right now- MiGs and shit are basically punching bags for the eagle drivers to shoot down and brag about.

We actually need more NATO planes and we are rightfully getting them.
Regardless of what you slavboos want.
>Su-27
>MiG-29A
>MiG-29S
>MiG-29G
>Su-33
>Su-25A
>Su-25T
>MiG-15
>Mi-8
>MiG-21
>KA-50
>L-39
Meanwhile on blue....
>A-10A
>A-10C
>F-15
>M2000
>Huey
>gazelle
>F-5
>hawk
>c-101
>F-86F

We bullied F-15's in our Fulcrums and Flankers every single round. The problem isn't the planes, its finding people who are ok with flying FC3 shit forever because new russian planes FUCKING NEVER

Reason that there aren't many REDFOR full fidelity planes is Russias shit laws that prevent ED from making them. They then have to rely on 3rd party developers that take a million years to develop a jet and when they do its the monkey model version.

>literally every upcoming modern aircraft is an aircraft that saw service either exclusively or primarily in service of NATO countries

>only two upcoming aircraft- the Mirage F1 and the F-14A, can be reasonably put in a Redfor setup

Red has ZERO full-fidelity modern fighters, whereas at least Blue has the Mirage

For Red:
7 of the 12 aircraft are FC3, 4 of which have SFM.

For the Blue:

Only two of them are FC3, and those two both have PFM's

Planned for Blue:
>F-18
>F-14A
>F-14B
>AV-8
>Eurofighter

All of which will be full fidelity, have PFM's, and be viable in modern scenarios.

You're soon going to have entire teams of these awesome aircraft. Blue flag will die because nobody will want to be stuck flying FC3 SFM MiG-29's against that.

The sad part of it all, is a full fidelity MiG-29 would fix that shit.
Its a plane that could do everything. Its THE quintessential OPFOR plane. The legendary bad guy MiG. Matches up against every single nato fighter in the game, and the ones that are on the way.

I think the only hope is that some third party group decides to do one.

I mean I don't even give a shit if we get specifically Russian aircraft, I just want more "bad guy" planes. More stuff like the F-14A and the Mirage F1. More stuff that a mission maker could conceivably put into a semi-realistic PvP mission and have it believably be an aircraft in whatever the not-NATO guy's inventory was

Hell, make the fucking Phantom so we can say it's a Turkish/Iranian one

>In the opening minutes of the 1991 Persian Gulf War on 17 January 1991, an unarmed, United States Air Force (USAF) EF-111, crewed by Captain James A. Denton and Captain Brent D. Brandon scored a kill against an Iraqi Mirage F1EQ, which they managed to maneuver into the ground, making it the only F-111 to achieve an aerial victory over another aircraft.

I'd also really dig seeing DCS's EWAR modelling open up. Live, even if it was just FC3-level shit where it isn't 100% simulated but it's enough to be functional- I want offensive jamming and shit to be a thing in DCS.

>slavboos want more planes
>Russia wont let ED make them anymore
>FUCKING NATOBOO BIAS
>I FUCKED HATE ED
>BURN ED
>MIG 29 NEVER THANKS NATOBOOS
Harmtards retardation is fucking infectious I swear.

>Russia won't let ED make them

where are the proofs

even then, there are plenty of developers from places that aren't Russia making shit for DCS

>EF2000?
Time to invest some cash into a gaming rig and DCS World.

forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2872161&postcount=40

oh my poor naive young thing

the eurofucker is being made by the least competent, most hated third-party developer for dcs world, and we have zero concrete information on it aside from that it's being made

don't spend your money on disappointment

Don't. The Eurofighter's being made by the worst third-party dev whose only other released module is still absolute dog shit after being out for almost 2 years and doesn't even have a finished flight model yet.

It's the last thing anyone here is excited about because it's universally expected to be worthless.

>mod says "we shouldn't argue about things we don't know"
>this means the russians won't let ED make shit

still, why couldn't a third-party dev make, say, the Luftwaffe version of the MiG-29?

Because they still need the rights to use Mikoyan-Gurevich shit.

It's the same reason the Ace Combat games have splash screens showing all the manufacturers featured in the game, they had to pay for the rights for very likeness and branding.

Compound this problem x25,000 when dealing with sensitive (possibly classified) information detaling exactly how every bit and piece in the plane operates.

Subsystems might require yet more licensing if made by a third party, etc, etc.

Your bait is getting really stale dude. You need to spice it up a bit like Nothing wrong with Nato planes. Just gonna get ugly once nobody is going to want to fly any OPFOR because there is none to fly.

So the Razbam devs didn't run into this with Dassault? LNS didn't run into this with Mikoyan-Gurevich?

Why couldn't a third-party dev make very specifically an aircraft from before the USSR fell (keeping in mind the international IP/copyright laws in relation to the USSR, and copyright law within the USSR at the time), and release that?

Damn,well hopefully a better developer goes for it later.

>So the Razbam devs didn't run into this with Dassault?

There's a very specific reason the Mirage-2000 is branded as DCS: M2000C, user.

>opinions i don't like are bait
spotted the harmtard

Your post wasn't an opinion.
Your post was putting words in my mouth.
Have you forgotten the fundamentals of bait?

>Your post wasn't an opinion.
So what was it fact?

Then brand the MiG-23 like fucking DCS: Fencer 23 or some shit.

Hell, call it DCS: Satan's Flaccid Penis if you want, just give me more ASM/EFM non-NATO planes

>Your post was putting words in my mouth.

Honestly, calling it DCS: MiG-23 might be fine so far as I know, I don't think slavmanufacturers give as much of a shit about acronyms so much as they do the full name and the logo (which wasn't even in use back then).

poor little harmtard
he just cant stop replying

who r u and why do u do this

Kill yourself craig

That, coupled with the dubiousness of if MiG could even actually claim copyright over soviet-era designs internationally, makes me believe the lack of USSR-produced aircraft is primarily a lack of will to make one rather than a lack of ability to make one

and I can understand that- NATO jets, especially USAF/USN jets, draw in the more casual aviation fan a lot more. They're easier to fly, they're generally better for their timeframe, and they're more recognizable. A Russian jet isn't going to bring in very big sales numbers from the English-speaking crowd (The MiG-21 aside, I feel its sales numbers are probably mostly because it was the first ASM fighter with a proper fire control radar)

I dunno, I see reasons why it isn't happening, I just wish it would happen. I want to live in a world where there are well-populated asymmetric PvP servers with no FC3 aircraft in the lineup.

>and I can understand that- NATO jets, especially USAF/USN jets, draw in the more casual aviation fan a lot more. They're easier to fly, they're generally better for their timeframe, and they're more recognizable.
>Slavboo think their jets are harder to fly and take more "skill" because their aircraft are turds
>In reality they're just shit, terrible planes that are harder to fly because of how shit and behind they are
Kek

>creating a trip just to false flag as me

How can one person be this booty blasted. If you are into ERP i know some people I'll hook you up lmfao

Yeah, I'm not certain, user.

I still have my fingers crossed hoping that Leatherneck'll do a MiG-23 after the Viggen, F-14, and Corsair are out the door.

Shit, they already have 90% of the avionics done in the form of MiG-21bis, it'd be quick, easy, and painless for them.

I really want the FC3 menace to either go away or all be converted to full-fidelity modules. Even though I'm a massive slavaboo, the F-15 is unironically also one of my favorite airframes, too.

Maybe in a couple years we'll start getting some slav modules? I think it's more doable the earlier they go, MiG-29 might be a stretch but planes from the 70s are probably mostly doable.

This is why I'm 100% for a movement towards 3rd gen DCS.

All of the planes should be possible to make
Third gen is fun as fuck.

and it means we could eventually get this baby

>Flasks flagging to discredit my trip
Fuck off

remember that shitposting only devolves the quality of the general

All my favorite planes are from 2nd/3rd gens too, user.

At least based RAZBAM are doing Mirage III and those spanish fucks that never finished the C-101 are doing Mirage F1 (which'll probably never be finished, too)

>Post I don't like are shitposting
Slavboos need to get out.
They're the only thing devolving this general

How can an aircraft that is more advanced and complex than slavshit be more casual? You are delusional.

Here's your (you)

>Tfw no naval planes yet
Is the bms harrier playable at least?

To a Slav being more challenging is having to put up with your aircrafts faults and poor design. We are speaking with delusional people here, mind yourself.

Does the F-5's tailhook even fucking work? Haven't tried it yet.

It is, but the F-18 is better, especially for Carrier obs

Also reminder that DCS is the most cucked game ever made:
thebattlesim.com/

Reminder that slavshit needed to be so simple that farmers were to be able to fly it.

Your delusion cannot break reality and in reality slavshit is the more simple design.

>and I can understand that- NATO jets, especially USAF/USN jets, draw in the more casual aviation fan a lot more. They're easier to fly, they're generally better for their timeframe, and they're more recognizable.
>NATO jets, especially USAF/USN jets, draw in the more casual aviation fan a lot more. They're easier to fly, they're generally better for their timeframe
>they're generally better for their timeframe

Please stop responding to his obvious bait.

Seriously. Not even I'm that fucking dumb.
Just ignore him.

I do enjoy this wgg tier shitposting.

That's how the thread died, because of one autistic fuck, that probably posts on reddit.

You fucking autists really need to stop shitting up the thread.
Natoboo, slavaboo, I don't give a fuck. You're all arguing over shit you know nothing about.
Why Eagle does what it does and doesn't do what it doesn't do is a mystery. We can hope for the planes we want and fly the ones we get.

Also, stop getting triggered because people like different planes to you. It's cancer, and when you act like cancer you are cancer.

youtube.com/watch?v=fwGGYIEBKZY

they're fucking roleplaying this x-boo banter to appear like they're having fun or some stupid shit

While it would be nice to have modern slav jets, only airquakers need them. The rest of us just want a dynamic campaign engine.

But there's already been a "dynamic" campaign for MiG-21 out for 2 years.

Maybe I want to fly something else while doing my dynamic campaigns?