Speeding ticket

>speeding ticket

This is why I'm glad I have a slow car

>acceleration ticket

Police always lie about what speed they clocked you at so that it's impossible to fight in court.

Does anyone know if your record is truly clean after you take a traffic school class, or do they still see that you paid a ticket? Obviously insurance won't know if you do the traffic school.

iktfb

I was driving through podunk Louisiana on my way to a job in Mobile. I was going 3 over the limit, police officer pulled me over and said I was going 17 over.

Challenging the ticket right now with logs from my OBDII phone monitoring software.

Are there any tips for better defending yourself against bullshit speed violations? Everytime I got pulled over they inflated the number I was over by about 10.

Plead it down to a non-moving violation you fuck.

Wtf? I've been nabbed twice and once I was clocked 2-3 under what I knew I was doing. I'm from the northeast usa too. This what they have to resort to down south to keep people from going to court or do they just not get any tax revenue?

>south demographics racially
Oh it's this...

Depends on what state you live in. In my state, it drops off after 3 years.

I got a ticket in my 1.7l civic non-si

Depends on whether or not you got points from the violation. If the judge decides to just give you a big fine with no points then it should clear pretty quickly.

Where I live it takes 3 years to clear from your record should you get a speeding ticket that results in points.

Even if you attend traffic school, doesn't your insurance still know about the ticket? How does that work exactly

I swear this happened to me when I got a ticket for 117 km in a 80 zone when there was no chance I was going above 110.. it was fully dropped though.

Good thing I'm not a fucking idiot and only speed when i'm on a road in the middle of nowhere.

And by speed i mean SPEED. Not some "ohh look at me im going 70 in a 60"

If you're gonna speed, do it right you nancy boys.

>Don't speed
>Don't get a speeding ticket
WOW!

I was going 5-10 over and the pig wrote me down for 18 over. They fucking lie all the time

Would a dash cam help defend against bullshit speed claims next time?

go be cucked elsewhere

>mfw traffic in my area moves at 10 over

no, but a camera recording the speedometer and clock would

Kek. At least it wasn't an almost ticket for not coming to a "complete" stop at stop sign.
While at stop sign i put the thing in park. Whit a 1.7l civic ex em2

>Your state its 10-20 over
Oh nc
>Have to hit hwy going 80-90 most days

>Would a dash cam help defend against bullshit speed claims next time?
Your car already has the OBD-II data which includes the speed, brakes, etc. What you need is some absolutely undebated time of day recorder to capture that data though. One other poster in the thread used his smartphone and an OBD-II interface to the smartphone. With the time of day and speed data, he can fight off that ticket.

Man you guys must have strict laws in your area. I am constantly speeding. 60 in 45. 40 in 25. Of course I speed along with other drivers but I've been like this for 7 years and still haven't been ticketed.

>Mfw two tickets in a shitty 1.7l civic
I should've had some fun for this ticket damnit

>stunting ticket
>mfw $405 for ripping a skid down an empty road

Ive gotten a warning for 60 in a 45, it was dark out and I didnt see him in time.

>mfw I hit 85 on the tollway

nigga that's nothing I did 120 racing some RSX-Type S on the highway and left him in the dust

No the court gives you a certain amount of time to do the course. When you complete the course, the charges are dropped, the DMV isn't notified of the ticket, so your insurance doesn't know about the ticket.

Dash cam.

>get stopped going 81 in a 60
>cop sees my busted 90s shitbox
>lets me off with a warning

It never goes away.
It falls off your MVR eventually, but the police will always see it when they pull your info.

In my 9 years of driving, only had 3 speeding tickets. I wonder at what point does the cop pity me and give me a warning.

>driving through badlands in New Mexico
>near where they used to test atomic weapons, nothing there besides wind farms
>cop catches me doing 83 in a 75
>no speeding tickets or criminal record of any kind
>never even been pulled over before in my life
>figure I will just get a warning
>faggot gives me a $75 ticket, tells me to have a nice day

They put it right under the limit for the next 'tier' of speeding to try and make you feel like you got off easier.
In Straya it's at the 8kmh over mark, so they'll put you at 67 in a 50 or something to justify their bullshit.

>crest a tall overpass
>go down the slope managing 5 under the speed limit because it's a beautiful day and I just feel like cruising
>see a white car pulled onto the median with a dude in black standing next to it
>SUV in the turnaround already pulled over
>cruise by still under the limit
>see the cop put down his radar gun and step into the street to direct the latest catch to pull over

Is there any better feeling than watching someone else get grabbed a speed trap that you casually avoid?

Figuring out where cops like to set up speed traps is like animal watching. You just get an instinct for their behavior after awhile.

>A ten mile straightaway of brand new smooth asphalt with farmland in every direction.
>Next exit has an overpass
>"Gee, I wonder who could be hiding on the other side?"
Yet people STILL blow through those type of things going 90. Constant revenue stream at least.

this

I love going 80 in a residential 25 :D

I once got caught going 40km/h (about 25mph) over on a 110km/h (~68mph) road, lost my license for several months and had to re-take my license, fucking Sweden.

Do u US people even lose ur licenses?

No, because that's honest to God retarded.

This is why I drive a Yukon XL, no need to go fast when your driving a comfy as fuck land barge.

I got pulled over for speeding once, and the officer told me "I actually caught you going 46, but it locked in at 43, so you're lucky" (it was a 30)

i go at 100 mph every time i need to travel and just slow down when i see a car on the side of the road that looks like a cop. i haven't been pulled over in the 13 years i've been driving

if your response to this is "what about in a city?", im not really too sure how you could get a speeding ticket in a city unless you have potent uncontrollable ADHD concentrated in your right foot. and maybe a car that flies, since traffic is a thing.

That's actually hilarious.

Is that an actual thing? I've been hit twenty over like three times in my 97 Taurus and all three times they let me off light.

Happened twice in the span of a month last two times.

>no need to go fast
Might as well wear healeys you faggot.

>be me 6 years ago
>coming home from acdc concert stoned
>it's 1 am
>meant to have one passenger
>cause I just started driving
>had 2.
>driving empty 4 lane home
>speeding like an idiot
>cop clocks me going round a bend(138k)
>I don't see him for a second
>keep going faster (160)
>see cop.
>welp.
>speed limit was 100
>cop knew I was going faster than 138
>40 over is car impounded on the spot
>books me for 38 thank fuck
>doesn't notice the weed smell
>doesn't book me for no p plates
>doesn't book me for excess people
> tells me if anyone else pulls me up show them the ticket and get them to radio through to him so I don't get uber fines.
I got fucking lucky.

>get pulled over for speeding
>cop asks if I know that I'm driving on a suspended license
I actually had no idea.

Dash cam and get the lawyer to ask when the radar was last calibrated

>my car is so fast the police dont even try

I know in my area they generally only care to stop people with nice cars. Never drive my diesel tahoe below 10 over and not one ticket. Only time I got pulled over was for missing inspection sticker (for which my truck is exempt).

>drove an early 90s Celica shitbox
>middle of nowhere 2 lane road
>cop pulls me over for speeding
>takes my license, says brb
>comes back
>"are you Polish?"
>"yes"
>"I can tell by your last name. So am I. Tell you what, because of that, I'll let you off with a warning, just be careful"
>"dzięki officer, will do"
>drove off with only a warning

>tfw every speeding ticket I've gotten was in the slowest vehicle I own, a Wrangler on 35" tires
Never been pulled over on my motorcycle or in my Mustang GT, even though I do 95% of my speeding with them.

Are you that faggot the goes 80mph on backroads

>change speedo gear
>shows 10 under forever

Bulletproof idea m8

>friend goes to traffic court
>they pull her license
>gets in car to drive home
>cop waiting at exit
>impound her car

>MFW I was doing 110 MPH down the M3 and an undercover police car pulled up behind me, flashed its sirens. I began to pull over... and then it just shot off even faster.

>expecting women to understand how anything works

>back road blast on farm road
>wake up sleeping cop with the window rolled down and his radar gun was off so your valentine tells you nothing

>gain license because you've been deemed suitable to drive
>lose it and spend mega eurobux getting it back testing the upper limits of a 1.2 diesel hatchback shitbox

Makes real sense

Hoon on mc all the time
>pulled over in wife's dd with kids in carseat

No sympathy either. Kid really was complaining of immenent vomit and I missed the drop because I was fucking w the windows

Is it beneficial to have the speedometer in view? It'd be neat to have the a camera sort of to the right side of your head/attached to the right of the headrest or shoulder height at least.

are you the faggot that lives on a backroad

You we're asking for it

no I'm the faggot that's gonna ram you off into a tree

im the cis male who is going to report you to the police with a description or your vehicle, and your plate number