QOL mods:
pastebin.com/WeKUygSf (embed)

Wiki:
starbounder.org/Starbound_Wiki

Item ID Repository:
starbounditems.herokuapp.com/

Serverlist:
pastebin.com/8TNruA0p (embed)

Server Points of Interest Sheet: (finding /sbg/ on various servers)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eaPqQC4u3LnlMdP_RAGxAFCJLYZ0ZcO1XTDpOWA9EBk/edit?usp=sharing

Zinc's Discord
discord.gg/Tk9wpth

Old:

What's that green crystal furniture in the bottom room there? Where'd you get that?

>praise kluex
enjoy sucking stargazers dicks

Hi, new poster. Nice to see the game is better than the absolute trash it was in 2013.
Is the mech mod any good? Heard it was cool but had serious mobility issues.

Really, one thing going through the DayZ-likes has really driven home is that if you ever want to do it right, you need to Tabula Rasa your player base and present a persistent threat that will do everything it can to destroy players, thereby presenting something for players to unify against instead of running around helicoptering their dicks and killing one another.

My tenant just asked me to catch a poptop. I remember on nightly that tenants who ask for pets never end up being crew members, no matter how many quests you did.

Can this villager become a crew member if I complete this quest? Or do I need to shuffle in a new one?

It's just crystal furniture and Geode furniture under green light.

Good luck, user!

If all else fails, you might try a multiplayer server like grayles or something. I'm sure someone else has them scanned.

Name a game that has done this. Given enough time and resources any threat becomes a trivial distraction from harassing other players and faction conflicts.

Several thousand blocks worth above the surface of a moon, still no asteroids. Guess I'll just build a space station instead of an asteroid base.

Aw, man. Did they do away with planetary asteroid biomes?

Those are still in.

>Wand with Ice Portal
>Ruin melts

Also, fuck Chucklefish for not making the bouncing clams capturable. I used it on the Nightly almost exclusively, but you can't catch them now.

Oh. So just hit a spot where there were none?

Maybe they're not on moons

big ape is watching this thread

>mouse dies when I'm trying to fight Ruin
>Legit dead mouse; computer doesn't recognize the device

Cucklefuck owes me a mouse, god dammit. Thank god I have a drawing tablet that works as a shitty mouse.

List mod/feature ideas that will improve the game.

Challenge mode: Don't just say "re-add all the old stuff that I liked and remove protectorate"

Better colony features and events.

I'm surprised there hasn't been a lizardman/kobold mod but I guess between the fish/salamander Hylotl and the raptor-like Avali mod the demand is largely met.

There's a few lizardman mods, and they're all bad. The scale at which the characters are drawn does NOT translate well with reptiles at all.

The avali seem to work mostly, though I think the feathers look a bit weird given scale issues

I totally would.
Birds are sexy, yo.

Welp, crew recruitment is bugged to shit.
Let's start over, then.

I've heard the Apex ship is awful, I know the Novakid ship is awful, I've already played as human and both birds and flowers scare me.
Therefore, rolling even for weeb and odd for bot.

Google tried, but failed: therefore I must ask you.

What precisely is the purpose of the .shipworld file? Does it only back up your vessel, and can it thus be used to archive previous designs?

Deeper crew customization and micromanagement - assigning specific rooms, uniforms, combat orders and such.

Of course the idea of space combat is also an interesting one, but Starbound will never turn into anything of FTL's caliber anyway.

The option for custom ships made of blocks as part of the default game. The mod options right now are a bit crude and need patches to work with custom races.

Something to actually make your crew and all that ship space useful. They just cast magic buffs and invade my personal space. But this can't happen until ships do something other than mask the loading screen from world to world.

Anyone have some tree farms i can take inspiration from and/or blatantly steal? I'm not sure what exactly I'm going to need or what would be the best way to do it, so tips are appreciated.

The first line of your post is pure bait.
The second line is: yes, it is. No, mechs are just large.

it saves ship and technically crew, but they lose all crew member bonuses and don't show up in the crew page, so they basically turn into squatters.

you can use it to create a folder of ship designs, sure. i haven't yet tested how it transfers across race, though.

if you do it on a character that later completes the first quest with Penguin Pete it bugs out the ship, but that can be fixed by re-pasting the file

So before backing it up I should fire all my crew first, got it.
Does it save shit like fuel efficiency/capacity?

It was trash in 2013.

Well, maybe - but it sure is trash now, too.

Friendly reminder that if youre not playing as a human then youre playing the game wrong.

Also more poptops.

It's objectively better than it was back then, at least. There are fewer bugs, the weapon system isn't all over the place and have varied and interesting effects, and there's a lot more stuff to do in general.

So the only people that still play Starbound are the erpers, right?

And the interior designers.

it saves your current amount of fuel, but crew member bonuses are lost, so it will show 1000/1000 if it has over 1000

>being part of cuckmanity
no.

But there aren't even any comfy decorative blocks. You have two choices, ugly wood and stone or sterile lab.

And glorious Hylotl Master Race blocks and furniture, I guess. Why do they have everything good?

A mod that adds a ton of unique monsters/enemies.
A mod that adds in space stations (which would be similar to outposts, but with more quests and what not).
A mod that adds plethora of (good) biomes, kind of like how Variety Is The Spice did.
A mod that improves quests, making them more complex and interesting (ie "oh, my brother, who's a space trucker, recently left for BLANK system, but I haven't heard from him since! I fear the worst; can you go find him?" this would be followed by the player checking every planet in BLANK system for the space trucker [or maybe there's an item that can be bought which checks for ship signals and signatures]. The player then finds out that the brother was attacked by Space Pirates, for he was hauling illegal goods and blah blah blah, the player tracks the space pirates down to their base and can destroy it).

Anyways, at this point, I think it's better to just build your own Starbound clone from scratch.

>glorious Hylotl Master Race blocks and furniture
>glorious Hylotl Master Race blocks
>pressurized girders and glass
u wot m8

Mocking. One who claims this excuse for underwater architecture to possess any beauty should be expected not to comprehend the perfection of a well-built castle ship.

>better to just build your own Starbound clone from scratch

Many have tried. Sadly Starbound itself is the only clone to stand on its own.

The only thing this game needs is a more fulfilling progression system. Time investment doesn't feel rewarding, and you constantly retread the same areas over and over again. Adding in new areas is a moot cause, because it's expensive and, short of an infinite supply of new content, will never satiate an inquisitive player.
What the game needs is a reason to play.

>Many have tried. Sadly Starbound itself is the only clone to stand on its own.

Yeah, but I really don't get why.
What is it about Starbound that makes so... durable?
Why is it so addictive?
Like, this game is so shallow and stupid, but I can't stop playing it.
I'm sure only I know the answer as to why I'm addicted to it, but surely someone else feels the same way, right?

look at me im a fucking faggot

Sorry for this question but I'm pretty retarded when it comes to mods. If you install frackin universe it pretty much kills your original save since it rehauls the entire game right? There would be virtually no way to play on a server that's using it on my vanilla character unless I virtually reinstall the game?

Hylotl have things like movie posters, arcade machines, fancy-ass ornate wood, sword racks, huge bookcases, the only structures actually resembling cities instead of cargo cults...

you can copy your starbound folder before installing mods and paste it back when you want to join vanilla servers.

>Overtaken by Terraria already
Can Chucklefuck do anything right?

It's hard to hear for some but despite its many flaws Starbound is actually good and fun. At least for a while anyway.

Go pirate Signs of Life and Edge of Space. They're shit. Ugly and clunky as fuck too. If that's the competition they must think "why try harder?"

The game is also pretty robust when it comes to mods. You can install and uninstall willy-nilly and the game can take it and generally not render your save file corrupt or unusable. No need for clean saves or merged patches and all the other shit you normally need to do for a modded game. I can only assume this is all a fluke or clever trick and on the back end the game is tearing itself apart.

Minecraft numbers are also very high, does that mean it is a great game with good developers? Not really

It used to be, which is more than Starbound can claim.

Glitch toilets exist, apparently, and they built sewers, too.
How the fuck do robots shit?

>It used to be
when exactly, five years ago when you were ten years old and your taste was SO much less refined? Now you only like patrician masterpieces like Terraria right? I really hope you aren't trying to suggest Notch is a good developer.

Minecraft is literally legos tbqh. I don't see how anyone could legitimately dislike it unless their hipster status means more to them than enjoyment.

UH OH, HERE COMES BORDER PATROL!

That's a toy trait. It's a shitty game, though. It's also not exactly a great lego set and lacks the tactile satisfaction of using real lego. And it's really poorly coded, and was coded much worse when Notch was still working on it.

I hope you're not trying to suggest Chucklefuck are better.

Not really, no. I'm saying minecraft was really never better than it is now and Notch, while he ripped off the right game at the right time, is a really awful developer. It has only improved.

Minecraft was always shit, no idea why it got so many players. Probably because it's initially F2P and babbys first "griefing other players" simulator.

Stop

don't name/tripfag and people won't make fun of you

Tell me why I hate Nuru so damn much.

because you're a functional human being

Also, because Granny-Sue constantly chirps about how much she reminds her of herself.

Is Zinc's server down?

>List mod/feature ideas that will improve the game.
More space and sci-fi.

No more wandering merchants on uninhabited planets, have them in ships orbiting the star in system.

Landing pads and spaceports at settlements.

Make the Echirus Mining Facility mission a template for dungeons on moons, as a way to gather fuel player has to beat a randomly generated dungeon.

More ships in space, stations. Huge Floran horde "space hulks" where the player can board and gather supplies/fuel and fight wild florans.

there's not nearly enough Kluex in this thread

Because Avian is the worst race.

not in a world where both hylotl and floran exist

I like that they have a uniform esthetic, but I wonder how exactly does their red crystal magic technology work. Is it just really advanced technology gifted by whatever Kluex was or is it really magic?

they're not magic they're actually crystals found on the avian home planet and it's said that any "magic" they do is just science using crystal vibrations or some mumbo jumbo

I'm fine with some alien civilization spending 10,000 years perfecting how to vibrate a crystal to make a ship move when humans spend 10 years developing a fusion reactor+plasma thruster and declare it "good enough".

Apex > Floran > Glitch > Hylotl > Poptop > Novakid > Fenerox > Agaran > Alpaca > Po golems > Avian

Or in other words, well-designed races > fanwank > primitive races > literal shit > religionfags

>no mention of humans, his own race
>floran in second place

looks like his opinion can be safely discarded, folks.

Marriage, Pregnancy and Children when?

It's a scientifically proven fact that Avian red crystal computer technology is superior to other computer technology. Only two server technologies survived into the space future, Avian and Apex.

>religionfags
Tipped

Humans are not xenos.

>apes get stuck in 1984 tech
>birds get stuck in goa'uld tech
>every other species uses decentralized computers built into all technology

>300 hours in
>no figurine drops
>75% of kills are with bow
>still need 55 1/1000 chance drops for achievement
whoever thought this was a good idea needs to be shot.

Forgot one.

Apex > Floran > Glitch > Hylotl > Poptop > Novakid > Fenerox > Agaran > Alpaca > Po golems > Penguin > Avian

Truly, flightless birds are worse than shit.

user please.

>this shit of an opinion
Clearly it's
Glitch > Human > Apex > Fenerox > Avian > Hylotl > Novakid > All of the irrelevant minor races who nobody cares about > Floran

Why are you listing humans with the xeno filth?

Why are they not even in the first place?

nth for I want to marry Leadhead and hug him!

just swap glitch with human, remove fenerox, and you're spot on

Dismissive. All organic life-forms are inferior to the potential of recursive optimization wielded by self-aware Glitch.
The simian kind should be honoured to have made it this far.

Right place at the right time. There was a cultural demand for it with the rising 6-12 year old demographic for videogames and everybody with a computing device of any kind becoming a casual gamer, and /v/ and later reddit and finally droves of lazy let's players helped signal boost it for lack of a better term, because infiniminer had an existing niche playerbase and when infiniminer was abandoned Notch decided to make a clone since he knew a little about coding in java.

Its success really was insane and unpredictable, but it's clear why it happened even if the scale of its success is simply preposterous (it's the best-selling game of all time that did not come bundled with the console it was on).

how does it feel that your own kind wants to execute you? how does it feel that every one else wants to execute you?

Fenerox are top fap, though.
I mean, literally anything that looks mammalian and isn't Apex is top fap, which is why humans made it this far.

Do I really need to unsubscribe to all workshop stuff to join Zinc's server?

Exasperated. Reconstruction systems exist, as do teleport beacons. The assault cannot be stopped.
Confident. Eventually we will exterminate all trace of flawed code within our own society. Eventually we will claim rightful superiority over the lesser races.

Copy the starbound folder somewhere else and install the mods in it manually.
Or copy the .pak from the workshop folder

If Gliftch are truly self aware, why do their ships still look like medieval castle themed restaurants?

Because they like castles.

When I get my ship combat there won't be anything left of your reconstruction system, buddy
Also a reminder that your bugged code is the only thing keeping your race from undoing itself

Patient. I suggest you re-examine what you believe you know of the Glitch people.