/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Capitalism has gone too far Edition

Previous Thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Homebrew: Browser/Menuhax up to 11.0)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/4QBkYbFD

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 Browserhax & Menuhax are out now! smealum.github.io/3ds/
-Install Menuhax ASAP if you're not already on CFW, because Nintendo can block Browserhax remotely without a workaround. twitter.com/smealum/status/758450605568372736
-You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.0 without a hardmod or hacked system transfer. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-IOSU is cancelled.
-Enter 104.236.072.203 under DNS Settings to block updates.

>Vita
-New Vita update released. It patches HENkaku.
-Homebrew available now on firmware 3.60. henkaku.xyz
-Yifan Lu denies H's work on reverse-engineering HENkaku as actual progress.

>PS4
-HENkaku ported to PS4 firmware 3.55 github.com/Fire30/PS4-3.55-Code-Execution-PoC

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/
gbatemp.net/threads/ds-i-mode-hacking-progress-thread.413015/page-76#post-6611168
github.com/Strackeror/PCHex
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Alright I'm gonna be real here guys

Fuck Yifan. I'm shocked no one has called him out on his hugbox.

anyone got the ticket for federation force yet?

Plailect's updated guide due soon(tm).

Cuts out backup RedNANDing, replaced with Decrypt9's new CTRNAND transfer. Safer, faster, easier (because reading a fucking instruction checklist is hard).

No, it doesn't work on 11.0

HOLY SHIT GUYS VITA PIRACY
VITA PIRACY
never____________________________________________

For the user asking about RHM's titleid:

Google. 3DSDB isn't the end-all for titleid's. I got some obscure game id's like that.

I don't see why he even needs it, if he is on Luma.

Any chance that someone has the JPN update data for MH4 (not G)?

probably this weekend

He might have an EU 3DS.

Yiffy is a cuck on a dead system, and I wish Sony would ream that chigger harder than Hotz.

Why would you play a game that was 99% incorporated into 4G?

Can't wait for the influx of people thinking that this makes 11.0 downgradable. This is nice for the people who haven't made the jump to CFW yet though, on 10.7-under of course.

He does, is it different on EU 3DS'?

Y I F F I N G L U B E
I U
F B
F E
I
N
G

Yes. RHM needs region patching on an EU 3DS.

We did. Repeatedly. And on his attempted shift in attention to PSP hacks. In the last two threads

Hey /hbg/, like I promised, I'm here. Pic proves it's me.

Let's talk.

> not playing every game and iteration of a series to see how it dramatically the game play changed
It's like you don't like video games at all.

Well i'll be damned. I thought Luma just cut all that garbage out, it does on NA 3DS', no? Is this a RHM exclusive thing?

I downloaded Luma from the github, but I don't see the folders in that gif. I see Cakehax, Injector, source and other stuff.

Who is this?

>no timestamp
>no pc nearby
>no shoe on head
>not eating any eggs

you can fuck right off

>he doesn't know Shnam

I can go ahead and delete these nand backups, right? The A9LHAX nand is the only one I need to keep in case of emergency?

Seems Federation Force isn't as bad as I was expecting according to nintendofags.

Might give it a shot. How long does it usually take for title keys to be dumped on the website?

Was only like ~$10 on play-asia and I was interested in the changes between vanilla and G (as small as they may be)

On his hugbox, leddit? How did the fucker respond?

Oh, no. I'm sorry user. We should though

whenever someone dumps it, can't attach a time to that it's random may be in the next 5 mins may be on sunday who knows

No, I logged several hundred hours into 4. I'm not joking about the 1% thing, it's not like past titles where they revised the graphics and engine a bit. Smallest of details, like Golden Rajang instead of Apex in GQs. 0 reason to play once 4G hit.

Real small. The one part of the experience you miss out on is what the armor set balance was truly like in High Rank, since everyone blasts past that in 4U.

No point, he's the lead moderator of his hugbox. He'll just ban and delete any criticism.

Will this make things faster for anybody who already has an Emunand? Trying to convince my friend to switch but "It just takes too long"

Post it in one of the bigger homebrew groups or something where he isn't a mod.
Unrelated, but while we're at it, can we call out Smea too?

This is gonna be cool.

Could reduce the time quite a bit from the ~4 hours it currently takes to follow word for word.

The longest part of the guide is setting up Red/Emunand and making backups before downgrading/flashing.

This just goes right into a safe(tm) flash to 2.1

Woooow, everyone wanted me to come here and now people just ignore me.. Bye and thanks for nothing.

Please help? I am just lost every time it comes to github, I had the same problem trying to download CHMM2, it just download a master zip with a bunch of things when I needed just the cia. Where is the Luma stuff from the gif in ?

You know the rules, slut.

Tits or GTFO.

Go to: github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/

Click the one that says Luma3DSv6.0.1.7z, (NOT Luma3DSv6.0.1-dev.7z)

>github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/
Thanks user! Now I'll finally get rid of rxTools

No problem, and good riddance.

I heard there were also a couple of changes to how the CB played. Either way though, gives me a chance to pick up a new weapon. I mostly start playing older MH games so I can start off with different weapons and work out play styles for each

Oh yeah, MH4 CB was much closer to how it plays in Generations. In other words pretty much shit!

Hey /hbg/, could you explain to me what does NTR CFW "is" and does? I seem to need it so the english translation of Beyond The Labyrinth shows some names. I installed the cia, but I seem unable to boot it sine it always fails at something.

I find it hilarious how Yiff tries to shift the shitstorm away from him by bringing up fl0w and his unreleased work on ePSP and ePSX for 3.60, and fl0w's answer can be summarized as :^)

NTR is a cfw that runs on top of your cfw, it allows screen shots, video streaming and cheats, everything else it does luma pretty much already does

Is BootNTR.bin on your SD root? You need that too. It's basically a CFW inside of a CFW. It stacks on whatever you're running and adds features (Screenshot function, overclocking CPU on N3DS, cheat functions, and language emulation)

>the overclock meme again

Gotcha. Maybe it fails because my .bin is just called ntr. I'll try changing it. I just need it for that language emu thing, it seems.

NTR is short for Netorare. It's kind of like cuckold

Pokemon Snap rip
W H E N
H
E
N

You can region-emulate on any modern CFW. You don't need NTR for that any more.
Just check the respective wiki page on Github.
For >cakes, you need the 3ds_injector.cake by Woflvak.

anyone help pls

7th generation, the hacking scene is full of people tryibg to deliver games.

8th generation is full of moralfags.

What can we expect for the 9th gen?

People trying to deliver games getting raided

Only Hykem, really. And his fault for nit backing everythingon an offshore server with a dead man's switch like dark_alex did.

People livestreaming hacking and failing, out-twittering wars, and youtube ad-shilling "guides".

What is the reccomended pc client for ftp?
I was using filezilla before, but might as well ask.

literally who? what thread were you in?
and we do actually need proof of date and time to determine this isn't a troll. who is to say this isn't just a copy of an image from google images? and why should we care? are you here for attention or is this actually relevant to the general? if not go take your attention to /b/ and link the thread you appeared in so it's at least on the right board and doesn't make the thread off topic. if you're a troll you can just fuck off. if you're the real deal there's a place for that and it isn't here and where you can take it there are rules to prove the image you posted is current and real. but not here. I don't know what previous thread you were in but even so if someone asked for you there are some rules to it. and honestly who cares if you're a female or not. it's a thread about hacking. if you want to prove you're a real female you can post it on /b/ and link here but it won't be on topic. I'd advise doing that and continuing to contribute or ask for things related to hacking. just don't ask for attention and don't feed the stigma Veeky Forums users have against women posting on Veeky Forums. although honestly you're better off not sharing your identity here. there's obviously some pride in your identity but here it's better kept a secret. truth is people already know women post here but they feed the stereotype to try to bait women into proving that they're women. just don't fall for it. if you're going to post here don't be a naive fool.

I see nothing wrong with Filezilla (other than it doesn't support XP for no reason), but there's WinSCP if you want an alternative.

DS ROMs running from SD when?

soon
le ds games on cfw when fags finally won

Filezilla, but set the number of simultaneous transfers to 1, it corrupts shit otherwise.

>Le
You have to go back.

samurai jack

How is snes and gba coming along for hen?

>"you have to go back"
you have to go back
to /pol/

Watch out!

his favorite game is Knack

Really? Where can I keep up on this? It'll be nice to play pokemon romhacks on my 3ds after my DS top screen died.

gbatemp.net/threads/ds-i-mode-hacking-progress-thread.413015/page-76#post-6611168

came from this thread, don't expect anything anytime soon it'll be awhile it's just that it's now a lot more possible than it ever was

literally soon(tm)

Best case scenario they got 50% done and will be ready in a week.
Worst case they got 10% and it will literally never come.
Depends on which approach works really. This just allows ds softwares to access the no longer disabled SD.

>Try installing cia
>Slows down to 64kb/s at 30%
>Hard reset and try again
>Slows down again at 48%
>Back up my SD, format and put everything back
>Currently at 90%
That was annoying

>le assblasted h.a.l.f.channer meme

so is the IOSU dream literally dead? fuck smea, the moralfagging piece of shit

i don't get why these people expose themselves, if i was a programmer breaking these systems i'd pay for a fucking vpn and never associate myself with my public persona

btw, heard about CTRNAND but i've got no clue about what it does, can someone fill me in? why is it faster?

too bad fedforce isn't pokemon or the titlekey would be ready by now

Someone from the last couple of thread said there's something better than PCHex. Can Someone tell me what is it?

github.com/Strackeror/PCHex

>getting pretty much nothing but 5/10s
it's shit user

Yes

CTR is code for 3DS. (TWL=DSi, NTR=DS)
tl;dr you can transfer an O3DS 2.1 NAND to a N3DS with no bugs or errors, instead of manually downgrading your sysNAND to 2.1 itself.

Since you don't need to downgrade yourself, you don't need to backup sysNAND, and you don't need to create a Red(fake)NAND, install 2.1 to the "fake"NAND, and then transfer hoping everything works. In essence, you skip Part 3 and 4 of the guide, which is the longest part of the guide.

PCHex++ GUI

I know it's shit. I just want to accept Metroid's death and move on.

I think I'm like your friend, currently using AuReinand Emunand, thought about going into armloader9hax but the list is too long

Fuck me, how long will it be until this is released? I'm planning on hacking a friend's N3DS on Monday, but I'm a little iffy on doing all this from a fresh new guide. They test this shit before putting it out there, right? Nothing would go wrong?

I switched from rxtools to Luma and now ctrbootmanager fucks basically half of it.
Which is the best way to remove it/substitute it?
The pathchanging stuff doesn't work, I have already tried.

Thanks user

Do you guys think that the 3ds will ever get a decent n64 emulator?

retards still brick with the current guide user

Knowing Plailect, the guide has been ready since he got his advance copy of the new Decrypt9 from d0k3.

He's been saying he's stopped updating the current guide because he was working on a new guide based on CTRNAND transfer for two weeks now. He's been testing it front-back-left-right in the meantime.

i only went to rednand, am i wrong to wait for this to do a9lh? im old and tired, and patient.

Unlike moralfags like Yiffy, these moralfags feel bad if they cause you to brick because of bad instructions.

This exact picture was posted in the past two days, so just die. I hope Nintendo sends ninja to your home as you cry more about freeShop

fucking nice
shame this came out now, i hacked 2 3ds like a month ago, wouldve been nice

so is the guide now literally homebrew > downgrade 9.2 > nand transfer > otp dump > a9lh?

pretty much

Kek, I know. How they manage to do that is beyond me.

Any clue as to when it'll be released? I have a time limit for this shit.

There isn't even a decent snes emulator

pocketsnes runs like every single games at fullspeed just because you use o3ds doesn't mean they're all ass

Maybe this weekend? I can't imagine it being more than a week. Nothing wrong with the current guide really, it gets you to A9LH just as well.