How much to repair this?

Car got a crack in the sheet metal. It is spread across the roof and the pillar panel..What is the cheapest way to repair this? can i weld something . i want to minimize road noise and no leaks..(basically as close to stock as possible w/o spending a ton)

guysss....

any experts are welcome to chime in ..

Use bondo and find your cars paint code on the door panel and clear coat.

Thanks..but the metal is broken/chipped away...can i glue something in and expect no leaks.into cabin.

Go get an estimate from a real shop dumbass.

i'd guess around $1-2000

some fatass /0/ browser stomped on my roof and ruined it and it cost $3000 to replace so that's where i got the figure

That can't be metal, metal doesn't simply crack.

its an infiniti g37. it is at the a-pillar. i dnt own the car currently. i can get it for cheap tho.

3k is what i would have to pay to get the car. it has sports package which is tempting.

>mysterious cut in a structural member
>car has clearly been totaled
>sitting in an auction yard
Someone who actually knows what they are doing decided the car was not worth fixing. OP knows nothing and the first people he goes to consult is Veeky Forums posters. Shouldn't be hard to figure out whether this car is worth buying or not.

SPOILER ALERT

FLIPPING CARS IS ALMOST NEVER WORTH IT. GET A REAL JOB

>clearly totaled
>one picture with a cut
Ever thought that someone may have tried to break in? Fat old retard.

That must be it, someone took a die grinder to the top of the A pillar to break into the car, classic method

Bridge the gap with a bituthene, that will self adhere and keep the water out.

Breaking the glass would be 43 times easier.

No fuck off that's not worth saving. Just buy it for the drivetrain and sell that.

Yeah and you can clearly see the rest of the car to tell it's totaled, right? Go work on your shitty old primered mercury boomer faggot.

It's totaled because there was some reason for somebody to take a die grinder to the A pillar/roof structure, something nobody would ever do to a structurally sound car, and it's visibly sitting on an auction lot. Why are you getting into Nissans now Catstang?

well, my car is a lot shittier than that so go for it

it is not for flipping...my sports package beemer got totaled for some small dents in rear quarter panel....the lady's insurance paid me 13500.i am not happy with my front wheel drive..

finally...i am looking for this kind of ideas..thanks

>old cars are pieced together all the time and unibodies are welded together
>one pillar is cut haha it's totaled forever you're catstang because you think it can be fixed lolololol
Don't you have more Ferraris to post pictures of since you'll die before you can ever own one? Or how about your nigger-rigged decade old Tacoma? Funny how you hate all newer damaged cars but defend until the 6 months you have left to live your piece of shit uncollectible comet.

1 more pic of the journey package infinti

Buy a clean car that doesn't need any work. It'll be impossible or super expensive to insure a totalled car and you'd have to spend long term whatever you save up front

but wind noise would be there...welding a patch and painting might be better.

It's not totalled because the pillar is cut, the pillar is cut because the car had been totalled. You aren't knowledgeable enough to come up with some zinger that's going to prove me wrong about anything car related, sorry, amusing to see you try though.

there is no structural damage...it is just the sheet metal.. the unibody is sound..

Prove it's totaled fatass.
>haha I work on rich people's cars I'm smarter than you
Sure you are boomer. That's why you're old as fuck on Veeky Forums rather than somewhere that matters sharing your infinite knowledge.

totaled bcoz of hail damage...

threads like this should be banned. Not one on the internet can give you a price on what a repair will cost unless they are in your area and can fix the car for you. Pointless thread everytime

>titles aren't a thing so they have to physically mark a car by cutting the pillar to show it's totaled
Do you have any clue how stupid you sound right now?

And the other hundreds of threads are filled with car-owning knowledgeable people.

So if the glass was broken wouldn't the interior be ruined?

The car is basically only good for parting out. You could make a little bit, but trying to get it fixed and roadworthy would cost more than it's worth.

>someone just cut the pillar for fun, or they needed a bit of 16ga steel so they cut it out of the A pillar of a perfectly fine car

You misread or misunderstood my post. The cut isn't done by an insurance company to keep anyone from buying the car. Either there was some major structural damage that warranted it, or someone already knew for some reason that the car would never be on the road again so made the cut to access something (can't imagine what that would be).

>cut was made to access something that I'm not sure what it is
Okay, thanks for sharing your vast knowledge with me. Be sure to visit the other threads to let everyone know just how smart you are.

Since you know what it is why don't you share? Sunroof drain? There isn't a whole lot going on in that area.

That window glass is worth something, so they cut the pillar to allow a slim Jim to get in and open the car.

I never once claimed to know what it was. You said you were smarter than everyone here yet you still don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Until you do, get off your pedestal before it shatters beneath you.

>having to cut a pillar where the window is frameless and closes on rubber

>You said you were smarter than everyone here
I did? People don't take die grinders to A pillars for no reason. Whatever the reason is, if you have to ask you don't have the knowledge to fix it, and it obviously isn't worth paying someone else to do it or it wouldn't have ended up salvaged and on an auction lot. Anyone who knows even a small amount of cars can reach this conclusion.

that cant be metal it looks like plastic

The metal extends over the window and prevents a slim jim on this car.

>there's metal at the back of the window
No.

>the cut is the only damage on the car
>ignores the broken glass and beat up body panels

hmmm...if it is plastic, things are much easier

No, the part they cut out.

Yeah, why replace a $200 window when you can do a $4000 structural repair and repaint

Who are you quoting and what are you talking about?

>relied to you
>who are you quoting
Holy fuck you're stupid. I'm out. If you're too old to remember what you're saying then maybe it's time for bed old man.

>remember what I said
Every post I said there was obviously more damage to the car or nobody would take a grinder to it. You quoted my post, made up a random quote, then said "I'm out" because you realize you don't know enough to continue the conversation. Want to come back with one more desperate response, are you sure you are done?

OP, faggot, etc.

OP isback..thanks to every1 for the contribution...it could be plastic as someone said. The part is called finisher in infiniti usa webiste. $600 for new from infintii.

bump

Is that a fucking bullet hole in the windscreen?

Maybe the police had to cut a bullet out of the roof?

>How much to repair this?

If you have to ask, enough to stay the fuck away from it.

I noticed the rear window is shattered too.

So, bullet hole in windshield, rear window shattered, and the drivers arch is cut open.

So : Doors locked, assailant fires shot through windshield presumably striking the driver, shattering the rear window on its way out. EMT began cutting away at the drivers side arch to get at the unresponsive (possibly dead) driver, maybe stopped when realizing they can get in through the shattered rear window, or maybe they actually managed to push the drivers window down from the newly formed hole.

I'm betting the drivers seat is saturated with a dead man's blood.

>hail damaged
>mythical tiny hail strong enough to punch through glass yet somewhat sentient enough to leave the rest of the car alone

Face it, 2pac died in this.