Veeky Forumsnitial D

Aight faggots, we're gonna re-dub the shit out of Initial D.

The way this is gonna work is I'm gonna make a folder for each character in the episode on google drive and you can submit sound files there to "audition" for the role. Basically just watch the episode and say the lines. A good idea may be to write down your character's lines and timestamp, then do it. It's gonna be Engrish, but saying key lines in Nip is encouraged. Be creative though. don't copy word for word. change it up. Use strong language. Be super autistic. The world is your clam.

You'll probably get the part you want, as I don't know how popular this will be. Just go for it m8.

I called dibs on Iketani on the last thread, but if you wanna do him be my guest. I just might be biased so we'll have a vote or something if someone else really wants to voice him/does it better.

First episode is episode 14: Evolving Drift, as there are a lot of characters and shit going on. If this goes well, we'll do more.

link to ep:
youtube.com/watch?v=nTOA8tJikw8

link to drive: drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-mW757-UZm9YzJOWVBxSTRha2c&usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0MSPzRimXb9
vocaroo.com/i/s1GVSL8jsDEU
vocaroo.com/i/s1cQPtTECZ3N
youtube.com/watch?v=UuZOnKbrq9M
vocaroo.com/i/s0KHYqoGoztG
youtube.com/watch?v=NNAVgL7bGao
vocaroo.com/i/s0sE7kADBhRV
vocaroo.com/i/s1BxMLOs5q3o
vocaroo.com/i/s0bLD9z96ROO
picosong.com/ZJD8/
vocaroo.com/i/s1cmbvQGuOOC
vocaroo.com/i/s0vPDPABpFaE
vocaroo.com/i/s0c2ktoVfH97
vocaroo.com/i/s134kollIZ9o
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=20&v=Z4PUlrIlA7Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I have to sleep but i might do Ryoske when i wake up tomorrow.

Glorious.

If this actually happens, this'll be pretty fuckin' amusing.

You should play eurobeat in the background the whole time instead of just the race scenes

>don't copy word for word. change it up. Use strong language. Be super autistic. The world is your clam.
I'm not good at that part tho

hey man, just do you. if it works it works. whoever does it the best

>when in doubt, replace lines with REEEEEEEEEE

I have the strong inspiration to do Bunta as Clint Eastwood.

>reeeeeEEEEEEE
>"What's wrong?"
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>"What?"
>REEEEEEEEEEEE REEEEEEEEEEEEEE REEEEEEEEEEEE
>"It's common sense... but he is racing.

Pretend to be Japanese people trying to speak english

this

I-i didn't do it like that I-i hope thats okay

also bump

misufairingu systemu

DO IT

T/3/eapot here, not saying this is a definite but if I can get (or make) good enough 3d models of a twingo and a civic I could try to redo the race shots, since the animation in season 1 is still primitive enough that it wouldn't be that hard to make something that looks like it. Interior shots would ne hard but I'm fairly confident that with the models on hand I could do the exterior dorifto shots, assumung there's enough interest

vocaroo.com/i/s0MSPzRimXb9

H-h-h-here i go

Bunta attempt.

Probably really shit but fuck it

no bully

kek

Bretty gud user

Just uploaded my shitty dagumi. Pls no bully

I'll try a dagumi tomorrow.

T-thanks

Hopefully it's saved in the folder now

I really wanna do this but I'm going to have to get fucking wasted to be able to record shit

Good shit

bumpudes

OP doing Takumi I take it?

He's doing iketani

He's doing Iketani.
I'll do who ever has a deep voice

JUST DEW IT

DON'T LET MEMES BE MEMES

I don't see a folder for him so I'm assuming someone else has got him. Not that I was interested, I was just wondering.

Dagumi folder is present and has dank recordings inside

[cool vibrations]
vocaroo.com/i/s1GVSL8jsDEU

IWANNADANCE

vocaroo.com/i/s1cQPtTECZ3N

My attempt at Shingo

>BOTTOM OF A FUCKING CLIFF

Brilliant m8

Thanks bro, so did I make the cut? Or is this going to be middle school all over again?

>mic recently broke
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

So, what I don't fully understand yet is if only 1 person does 1 character or if multiple people can do 1 character and then the best lines are chosen (the same character changing voices could make it even more hilarious)

Since I can't do any VOs, I guess I'll share some ideas I have, that could be used for this one aswell as future episodes

>Ryosuke's computer screens being replaced with random Veeky Forums stuff (fastestlaps comparisons, the GTR vs Corvette Motortrend pic, ads for used Twingos or other Twingo related stuff, etc)
>Takumi having random thoughts that may or may not be related to the situation whenever there's a silent closeup of him (like at 11:40 in this episode)
>Takumi being refered to as an absolute madman by almost everyone (his passengers, the spectators at the touge, Bunta, etc)

> he probably left to go shitpost
> well I hope they realise FR is superior in every way
kek

So basically you want to make Initial D Abridged by Veeky Forums?

Like this youtube.com/watch?v=UuZOnKbrq9M but with more autism?

nobody doing itsuki? If not I will have a go, gotta record on my phone though.

Ill give yuichi a go in the morning. Not sure where my mic is.

Fuck yeah, go for it!
You can find Twingo models from the GTA4/5 mod for example. Otherwise, it's a relatively simple car to trace in 3D.

>tfw no mic

I have high hopes for this shit though.

the twingo meme must live. You know what to do.

So this is supposed to be some abridged version laced with Veeky Forums's autism?

>Ryosuke's computer screens being replaced with random Veeky Forums stuff
holy shit this

I'll audition for Keisuke when I get the chance by the way

Ill try kenta in a couple of days.

It sounds like a cool idea, but at the same time I don't know how I should feel about the almighty Hachiroku being replaced (especially by something that's not FR).

I guess it would be cool to do some new scenes with twingos though, like replacing the oncoming 180sx at 19:15 with a Twingo or something along the lines of that.

replace the eg6 with a twingo

>RWD master race
You realize we're being ironic right? You can't honestly believe this
Reported to moot

And make sure you uae different pictures of different twingos so the entire scene has diff colored twingos in various lighting going through the pass.

Can Corey be a featured.character ? Rename itsuki to Corey

Kill yourself FWDfag

Stop roleplaying

Someone's mad now. Jeez, I can't blame you. If I was so poor I couldn't afford 6 feet of driveshaft in my car I'd be angry too.

But then we can't use "EG hatch with a couple of simple mods" references...

vocaroo.com/i/s0KHYqoGoztG

L A D S
A
D
S

I'll get you the episode if you need it when I get back from work. Man, if you can do this, we'll be fucking golden.

eg hatch? slow piece of shit... i can smoke the fuck out of this in my 1993 mk.1 twingo with a couple of simple mods:
-r5 turbo 1.4 swap
-clio v6 rwd drivetrain
-custom eyelashes
-lazareth widebody kit
-custom high air flow bumper smile
-oem glass roof
Please continue I ran out of ideas

I mean it could get out of hand, but I'll let multiple people do 1 character's voice if you guys thing it'll be a good idea. Make a strawpoll or something. I think it should be one voice, but my opinion is gay so

it should be one voice for an entire episode so things dont get confusing

RWD IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO

Yeah. And whoever gets the part can look over the others and change thing if they want

I had some ideas for a spanish dub. newstyle music for the races and homemade sausages instead of tofu. with a lot of slang and silly chav accents.

I can do a pretty good danny trejo

well I suck piss at modelling so I downloaded a twingo from the sketchup store and imported it into blender, problem is the topology is all fucked up and it has a ton of shading errors, so I think I'll try to make one from scratch again. At least I'll learn something new.

I just made this today

youtube.com/watch?v=NNAVgL7bGao

this is my second post today but I haven't posted on Veeky Forums since at least 2008 so forgive me

Please use the "Veeky Forums sings" eurboeat songs in place of the actual eurobeat

That'll be up to op. But for me it's good enough

I want to. Thing is the songs in this episode havent been done yet.

Twingo edit guy, literally anything will probably do so don't kill yourself trying to do better and better

Also I'll try and run through the uploads tonight

yeah, might try to just polish up the sketchup model because I'm not faring much better after a few hours of frustration. I'm used to robots not cars sadly

I've memed up Keisuke's first few lines of the episode, will probably try to record them tonight.

Sorry about the quality and the fact that I'm practically whispering. I had to whisper because my household members would think I'm crazy because I'm talking to nobody. I can re-record this tomorrow if I get some alone time (and of course if my first impression is not shitty to you.) Also I tried to make some kawaii uguu voice but it was bit difficult while talking very quiet. Anyway just give me orders/tips if you have something that could improve the voice and stuff. I'm just a beginner.

vocaroo.com/i/s0sE7kADBhRV

>There should be some parts where the character is saying something but actually he is just opening his mouth with no sound or a part where he is saying some really long line but ends up saying just "yes", "no" "ok" or something really short and then just opening his mouth for the rest of the unspoken line. That gives the viewer surely a wtf moment.
>Few Japanese words here and there. Like "NANI?" "dorifto" and other shit
>Are we using the original names or the sub names?
>Is Veeky Forums just dubbing the 1st stage or the whole series?

you have my full meaning less support guys

nice

gaydad/10
birds/10
11/10
i want him as the dubbest person on this dub planet
qt/10

>could-make-decent-money-pretending-to-be-a-girl-on-counterstrike/10
hard to understand anything though, if you get the chance and have time, I'd recommend re-recording

Natsuki?

>inside joke stuff. For example some cars should have wat stickers
>Keisuke should say "multi track drifting" when takumi passes him for the first time.

>"multi track drifting"
How are you ideas so boring?
It should be keiskue riding down the pass when he suddenly hears a track from from behind him. He questions what kind of a track it is(instead of questioning what kind of a car is approaching him)
The eurobeat from the distance intensifies.
As takumi starts passing him, he turns on a second track of eurobeat, keisuke in confusion proclaims "m-multi track listening".
After keisuke stops, he questions what kind of a madman would listen to two tracks at the same time.

Beautiful

KING WEE WEE

Alright, vocaroo submission are probably gonna make this shit quality. Seriously, if you have a smart phone, use that and convert whatever extension it gives you. Unless it's fucking amazing, I probably won't use any vocaroos.

Do it better than him faggot I dare you

use picosong plz

Shingo 17:04
vocaroo.com/i/s1BxMLOs5q3o

All of Keisuckayy's lines. The recording is the duration of the whole episode, but there's no white/background noise.

vocaroo.com/i/s0bLD9z96ROO

I was just about to say this...
Id watch the fuck out of initial d abridged by Veeky Forums.

i call the injured dude at the beginning

"I-I couldn't handle the Fresh..."

picosong.com/ZJD8/

Here we go, tried to meme up Keisuke's first few lines. Flubbed it a little, but that's because I rushed it slightly.

This sucks

Has Itsuki been spoken for yet? I wanna try and voice him, after all Im basically a real world him.

Just did Ryosuke and uploaded it.

I'd also like to do the guy who calls out "there is a car coming up", if you guys would be amenable.

Kek

I'd love to put random Veeky Forums shit all over his computer.

The random thoughts idea is kekworthy as well, I may submit some if people would like it.

>The random thoughts idea is kekworthy as well, I may submit some if people would like it.
I don't really know what to say
vocaroo.com/i/s1cmbvQGuOOC

nice!

Try saying, "Is swimming the same thing has having sex with water?"

Sorry if the sound cuts out at any point. I tried to use the noise reduction tool in Audacity but I'm not sure what settings to use really.
vocaroo.com/i/s0vPDPABpFaE

vocaroo.com/i/s0c2ktoVfH97

I can do Kenji if no one else is.
vocaroo.com/i/s134kollIZ9o

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=20&v=Z4PUlrIlA7Q

just edit the beginning out and use it whenever he starts the car