I'm on my Learners (Takes a year to get onto Ps in Australia). I want to eventually learn manual, and then to drift...

I'm on my Learners (Takes a year to get onto Ps in Australia). I want to eventually learn manual, and then to drift, what's the best preparation? Probably going to learn Auto.

the answer is always falcodore, why do you people keep asking this

What the fucking fuck is that.

He's being a tool.
Also be prepared for fuck heads seeing as you said "auto"
Also
>auto
>drifts
Pick one
Seriously not sure if troll but i started in auto and now drive manual.
Just do manual guy. It ain't that hard and then you have bragging rights on Veeky Forums and generally feel better about your driving.
Pic unrelated

do not go anywhere near classic jap cars, they're rare enough now that we can't afford to have any more p platers crashing them. Honestly, I fucked around with cars like that for years and at the end I came to the logical conclusion of: commodore or falcon. skip the bullshit on your ps, get one of the above and when you've got some experience get a fast japbox. please take my advice. your wallet, demerit points, parents, friends, family, and life will thank me.

That looks like a Fodge Charino.

>I want to eventually learn manual
Just fucking buy a manual and do it, don't waste time/money going through an automatic.

This
I'm the guy from above. I started with a s13 and I don't regret it but after so many different cars i wish i had of listen to my mates and just got a shit box commy

No that was what I meant, I'm learning to drive Auto, then going to learn Manual once I've got my provisionals. Or at least that was the plan, I wanted to learn manual but my savings are at about 13k right now, if I bought a manual it'd be just to learn, not for drifting, I want to save up for a decent drift car. That limits my options to learning in Auto for the time being (Have 2 family auto cars)

Don't worry that was a thread starter, that would be my dream car. Doubt I'd ever get one really.

stick to it mate, work hard and you'll have one.

Well it's like that guy said, I wouldn't wanna fuckin bust one since there are few left in the world, if I ever got one, it'd be years down the track when I was confident with my driving. I literally have driven for a few hours and nearly crashed like 3 times.

Why though?
Why do you want to go full weeaboo but not learn in a manual before hand?
Just do it. It means you'll have a car that is yours and that you can mod and learn the tricks of thr trade in. Not a family car that you never really get attached to.

Legit corolla.

Just learn manual. My parents had an auto but I still managed to get an manual through lessons and now I drive a delicious manual forester (my third car now). Having a manual since the day I was given my ps has been godly. Whenever I've needed to drive someone elses' car I've been able to, whenever something comes up and I need to drive a car I know that I can drive any sort. Just get a manual.

Pics brother. Ive been thinking about foresters lately.

Don't you have to get your license in a manual to drive manual vehicles like in NZ?

>on my learners

Underage b&

>drive for 2+ years in manual car only
>never filled in my stupid logbook shit due to being lazy
>gotta fudge 100 hours of driving to get my p plates
fuck this shit

I'm 21 faggot I was just lazy.

>been on learners since 2011
>Just getting straight onto Ps' at 21

ty vicroads

why do you have to do a year of learners? Which state?

Just learn manual, it's not worth spending the extra time doing the manual test and shit as well after you do your auto licence.
If you don't have a manual car just book lessons with an instructor with a manual car, and sit the test in it.

Watch every popular YouTube video on how to drive standard. Then ask a mate to lend you a car to drive in a lot. It's really fucking easy to do, just takes time to master. I wish I could go back to those first months of me letting the RPMs fall between shifts too much, and having the car jerk forward. Or trying to find third. Now I'm a sick cunt and you will be too. The first successful 3rd to 2nd rev match into corner is magical. Auto trans is for lady boys.

NSW.

underage b8 detected
first drive m80?

A commodore or falcon you unaustralian seppo cunt

actually I know a few people in there early 20's who don't have licence due to having to get 100 hours up for there P's. Some people can't afford it or just can't be fucked. user could easily be of age.

You cheeky fuck shut your head, only just starting to get interested in cars.

Like I said earlier in the thread, I'm 21, I was just lazy and had no interest. I hung out with a friend who showed me some donuts and shit and was like ok I'm interested now.

I can't believe going to donut king made you want to drive but whatever

Donut King?

Ohhh one of my friends likes something... I must buy drift machine.

Guyz can I do that in an auto...

Manual Falcon will be all you need.

Ayyyye there's one if thise fuck heads OP.

not be underage B& to start with
>im on my learners
hows year 11 mate?

Mate likes it, I want to like it too. Don't see a problem with that.

Another Ausfag here.
I have absolutely no desire whatsoever for a Falcodore, and none of you will ever convince me to buy one.

>I'm legitimately considering buying a Suzuki once I get my full license and can drive manual

die faggot

>Hating on someone because they get something other than your pet car
Falcodores aren't even anything special desu

Owned a Mitsubishi Magna through my L's and P's and bought a NB MX5 just as I got my fulls.

If I drove the MX5 how I drove the Magna for the several years of having my P's, it would be wrapped around a pole by now. Be careful when you're starting out in manual, rear wheel drive cars. Take a sharp corner in the wet at above 30km/hr at high revs and you will slide the entire car out several meters across the road.

>drive a manual excel for my learners
>only ever driven RWD pigfat cars to rack up hours
>always get hektik with the excel because it's so fucking light
guess it's going to be fun learning to drive a RWD and doing hektik skids

The way I see it is
> be lazy get auto
> later regret auto and spend more money to get manual

Just go for manual

Just do 5-10 lessons in a manual and drive your parents cars day to day

But can't you just upgrade if you do your greens or blacks in a manual?

They're literally the best value cars you can get second hand in Australia though. RWD with pretty decent power and cheap as fuck

Hyundai excel?

the one and only

Nothing wrong with an XR6T.