/dbdg/ - Dead by Daylight General

Free Weekend Edition

>What is Dead by Daylight?
Asymmetrical Online multiplayer. 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators, while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them

>Sounds like evolve
It's not. Survivors have to avoid the killer at all costs, whereas the killer has to hunt for them. Everyone has their own objective.

>General info
Pastebin with most questions asked: pastebin.com/DDddy4uE
Pastebin with all of the values (perks/items/whatnot): pastebin.com/vCh6gxR6
Saved game with everything unlocked or whatever: mediafire.com/download/3qmzt3ok3p47xqw/TakeTHATsociety.profje

>Official site
deadbydaylight.com/

>Discord Chat
discord.gg/Eb3WFHz

>Latest Patch Notes (v1.0.6)
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/360672137535964756/

>Report hackers
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/358415206087328621/

>Report bugs
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/7/

What is this new auto update when I just open steam? These devs didn't say anything or note about this

I just asked about this last thread. I think they fixed some minor post-patch devs.

Nvm. I found the patch note

1.1.0a Hot Fix Patch Notes

BUG FIXES
Fixed a crash happening on the loading screen
Fixed an issue which allowed the Nurse to obtain scoring points when blink attacking a survivor on the hook
Fixed an issue which caused player to not see every other survivor in an online lobby after joining as a survivor group
Fixed an issue which caused the loud noise to not trigger on fast window vaults
Fixed an issue which caused the medium speed window vault to be triggered instead of the fast one
Fixed an issue which caused the player rank to not display properly until updated

Fucking RETARD devs release a new killer and break matchmaking worse than ever before at the same time they start a free weekend. They deserve everything that have coming but it really sucks for us.

New people could forgive balance issues but they won't forgive only being able to play one game an hour due to the fucked matchmaking.

Lazy devs, great game soon2be dead.

If last weekend had been the free weekend this would've been okay but they haaad to do it with the parch. Fucking idiota

I said "devs" when I meant "bugs." Talk about a Freudian slip, jesus.

>watching some deadbeat twitch streamer
>he's using whispers
fucking what? how do you get to rank 1 while being so retarded?

So they made the SWF workaround a bit better and fixed closets but they didn't fix the issue that causes the workaround in the first place?! God fucking dammit, fuck these devs. So many friends of mine gonna try and disregard the game this weekend.

Thank gooood the nurse can't get points for attacking survivors on the hook anymore. Fixing that is way better than fixing the bugs that keep all your potential new customers from
P L A Y I N G T H E G A M E

It's like I'm in the post beta/pre-launch threads again with all these doom sayers

>The game is fun because it was free, but the game is too broken. It'll die in a week
>I agree new player! This game will be dead by Daylight!
>CARLOOOOOOOS!
>Dead game

You're a fucking moron if you don't understand how different this is.

It's no longer early access, it's a full release game having a sale and a free weekend. And the matchmaking is fucked to a point that would be unacceptable even in a early access game.

Why the fuck haven't they fixed this? I don't think they've even tried

Okay, doom sayer.

See you in a week

I don't think that the game will fully die anytime soon, but this weekend was an opportunity to greatly boost their player base and they've squandered it.

Unbalanced shit that's been there since launch, old bugs and new, worse matchmaking than ever.

How did they not see that this was a recipe for disaster?

I was more hopeful back in beta and early launch, right now I'm just tired of taking an hour to find a game and then playing against nurse again. I'll probably see how the games playing later today and see if the hotfix has made it bearable but if not it might just be time for a break.

We're now 2% away from overall mixed reception in steam, instead of just recent.

I give it an hour

I think you're under the impression that we're all saying we're going to stop playing and it's going to be a dead game blah blah blah

We aren't. Or at least, I'm not. My problem with this game is that it is good, it is exciting, and it is original, but its a gem in a pile of shit.

See me in a week? Fuck yourself, I'm playing NOW. I never said I would stop playing, I don't intend to, this is a great game.

But if you don't agree that the devs botched this free weekend and lost a lot of potential buys, you are a very dumb person.

Btw those of us posting in this thread obviously like the game enough to hang out on fucking Veeky Forums. We aren't saying we're quitting the game, we aren't.

Just that the devs could've increased the amount of players a lot this weekend, and they completely failed, and will probably end up giving the game a worse name overall, due to incompetence and bad planning.

Thinking that doesn't mean I'm quitting the game, I'm not obviously. But if you disagree with any of that you're even more retarded than the devs

Because in beta and early launch you had the luxury of "well, they have to fix it before launch, right?"

Now I'm sitting here, watching Netflix on my phone as I wait to be connected to a lobby that will die anyway because I'm too high rank. And in the midst of a free weekend.

5th graders are better at time management and planning than these devs are.

>But if you don't agree that the devs botched this free weekend and lost a lot of potential buys, you are a very dumb person.

The devs have botched every fucking patch they released. This one is no different.

>B-BUT IT'S A FREE WEEKEND

A majority of those fuckers were never going to buy this game to begin with and you know it. The free weekend wasn't going to revitalize or bring in a new large amount of player base regardless of the quality of the patch.

The game has been broken since beta and people still buy this piece of shit. The user base has steadily gone up, and that's when there was a pay wall. It's not about to go down.

Seriously, you fuckers are in here every thread running around yelling that the sky is fucking falling with every patch. Just fuck off already. We fucking know the patches are shit . If the game dies, the game dies. You're 0 out of 8 now.

>redirects back to ded game strawmaning
I don't know why I bother

Glad you understand

Fuck off

DUDE SWEET ARGUMENT

I'm a fan of the game too man, doesn't mean you need to let the devs cuck you into oblivion

>LE KEK XD

Bitch to them directly. Coming to your Oprah book club and crying about it doesn't resolve shit.

What exactly do you stupid fucks want us to do?

>the free weekend wasn't going to bring in a large amount of player base regardless of the quality of the patch

that's wrong and you know it's wrong. stop being retarded. If this patch has fixed matchmaking we could've seen a huge influx of new people. This went as bad as a free weekend can go

so what are you here for, fatty? go to the steam forums and whiteknight for the devs, you aren't doing any help here ;)

>comes to Veeky Forums and argues with people
>I'm not the devs wow such a le baby coming to the Veeky Forums to argue

what a sudden retreat

Well...

It didn't go as bad as it could've gone...

Evolve shot themselves long before they went permanently f2p. Dbd is a great game at its core, bad design decisions, poor bug fixes and general incompetence just muddle it.

>7,000 players
>DBD usually has 8,000-10,000 players

Uhh... not sure what point you're trying to make, we're not that far off.

I know it has 20K players now, no need for a screenshot, but I guarantee you we'll be back to a 9k average by this time next week. Only way average playercount was going up permanently would've been if they'd fixed matchmaking *before* the free weekend

Look at Evolve, a much more polished and stable game than this piece of shit, went F2P, had a much larger and public relaunch, and yet the game still dropped 40% in user base and struggling to maintain a 5k daily player base.

Dead By Daylight, a game by inbreds, has remain consistent at 15K a day and it only keeps going up, and that was with a fucking pay wall.

Free promotional events doesn't have a huge impact that you think they do. There will always be massive drop off after the initial interest goes away.

>White Knight

I've called every patch attempt shit. How exactly am I white knighting for these fuckers? I'm just tired of you fuckers popping up after every patch.

>Don't be a cuck user! You should shout that the sky is falling with the rest of us!

Dumbshit, I have lost track of what you're even trying to argue! Probably because you have, too.

My only point was that the devs are fucking retarded for not fixing matchmaking before the free weekend, and that we would be getting way more new people from the free weekend if they had, than we will now with matchmaking broken.

If you genuinely disagree with any of that you're legit an idiot and you should just stop

>Evolve, a much more polished and stable game than this piece of shit
>Evolve
>polished
>stable

>this game has serious problems that need to be fixed
>the sky is falling
>same thing

Hey man, evolve is a shit game and DBD is a great game, but anyone who wants to play evolve can fucking play evolve.

That is not currently the case with DBD.

Evolve might be shit but it works. DBD is great but matchmaking is so fucked it doesn't matter

Okay fine but anybody who thinks Evolve is polished is a silly little fool

Anyone else had their points just vanish after a game? Just now had a pretty solid game with doublepip and all, but when I get back to the main menu, everything is gone.

It's not a disaster but I'm just a bit miffed, it's like I didn't even play that last game.

Looks like the hotfix might have helped with the matchmaking issues. At least now I can get into lobbies as survivor. Still not seeing anyone when playing killer though.

Bloodpoints too, or just pips?

>hey guys, we only have a little bit of money left
>should we spend our resources on finishing the game, or go to E3?

>come to our E3 booth for a special surprise!
OMG IS IT A FINISHED GAME??

Why do you think whispers is bad user?

realtalk though, nothing about matchmaking feels any different then prior to the patch?

My killer lobbies still fill while im alt tabbed after about a minute, and I find a game after like 3 loading screens and 50 failed attempts like usual as a survivor.

>it works for me so it works

It works fine for me too, but shit loads of people are reporting that the matchmaking is worse for them than pre-patch. Tbh even pre-patch matchmaking would've looked bad on a free weekend, but it is worse for a lot of people

I'm pretty sure that's less related to the patch and the devs "fucking up matchmaking" and more related to the fucking free weekend.

I changed my download region to fucking chicago because here in seattle 65% of my games were against chingchong fucklord killers with 900 ping.

Is there a guide on joining the game?

this game doesn't even have complex matchmaking at all though. It literally just finds games based on ping from your download region, that's it.

What is there for them to even fuck up?

Both. I got over 20k points and when I got back to the menu, I was back at my old 15k points.

Who knows. But it's pretty clearly fucked up and always has been. If you can't see that you're insane

No that's my point, nothing has changed except more people to bitch about something that everyone else was essentially used to.

I don't think the matchmaking got shittier. I think we all just stopped bitching about it because it's pointless but every fucboi who downloaded for the free weekend is just assaulted with what we're already fine with at this point, and then proceded to shit their pants.

If you're 'fine' with matchmaking as it is you need to get the devs' cocks outta your throat

Nigga their matchmaking is shit, how did you miss the actual point of that post. We actually talk about the fucking game, instead of a general with 500 posts about how shit the matchmaking is. Everything has already been said, get over it.

Invisible stair traps work again on asylum.

the endgame chat box was a mistake. half of my games are like this with people waiting for me after dying

Dude the aftergame chatbox is the only way I can convey to other survivors how they are literally worthless fuckbags.

The sheer number of people who wander up to generators that are sitting at 99% and go "oh man, better top this off". I want to run a potato peeler across their dicks.

>see a gen at 99
>three gens left to go
>find a different gen and remember where 99 is so you can pop it when there's only one left
How do so many people have trouble with this concept? Do they not see this practically finished gen and think to themselves, "why would he leave it so close to completion?" The worst is when they come to help you just as you're about to get off of it. You get off a little bit early so they might get a clue and follow suit, but no, five seconds after you walk away that bitch lights up.

>I want to run a potato peeler across their dicks.
Potato-peeler dick killer when?

lol calm down

>cheesing the killer with gay, unintended strategies

just as bad as infinijukers

>running around the bear trap instead right into it.

>How do so many people have trouble with this concept?
Gee, its like people don't play EXACTLY like you want them to play. Thats really terrible, man!

I don't know why you would advocate for people to isolate the remaining generators in a spot that the killer can see all 3 at once, and then attempt to fix them without getting fucking murdered.

I'm sorry for looking out for people on my team.

>implying

A good killer will see the almost finished gens and know to stop patrolling them.

t. Rank 18 Level 41 Wraith
t. Rank 20 Level 23 Dwight

Shit, reversed that shit.

I just noticed the black pip at the end of the game screen, and im not sure what that's supposed to mean. I've been out of the loop, so could anyone clarify what it does?

Safety pip. If you reach it, you don't lose a pip.

Before it was gain or lose. Now there's a "You Tried" award

>Whining survivor is running the same meme build every other fucking survivor is
He deserved to be sacrificed. I had one guy complain about spies from the shadows and I told him I'll keep using it as long as survivors can rub dirt on their wounds

Well, I'm certainly going to play it when I get home. Feels like I play better after I got a headset.

But having generators disappear from the killer's vision at 99% can't be intended can it?

Well, if the killer DC on you or something then you can't really get the points.

They don't do that anymore.

>Be me
>Computer is just far enough on the left to not have enough slack on the speakers
>End result: right speaker is on the left side and left on the right
>Never an issue until now.
>unless I wear a headset I become Bwhaa the killer that always looks the wrong way.
>Even worse as a survivor.
>So, so much worse.

>Fixed an issue which caused the medium speed window vault to be triggered instead of the fast one

Anybody test this yet?

>first time on farm as nurse
>only lv 6
>simultaneously get perfect killing and grand sacrifice

lol ez

protip: don't blink into the cornfield dumbasses

reminder to join the discord if you're chill

Nah, I know that foxy faggot hangs out there along with the fuccbois he plays with. Keep your circle jerk to yourself.

activate Windows you piece of shit

I find it amusing the shit some people cry about.

not that faggot

Really? Nice to hear.

It's pretty amazing what a change it is.

He said "if you're chill", you just sound autistic.

>Evan is like the team dad of the killers
how does he feel about his kids dbdg?

everyone's saying matchmaking is broken, but i've been getting into games faster than ever.

>he still pipped
>he's using premonition 1
>Kunty
>breaks all hooks
>mad when he bleeds out

can't make this shit up

>tfw he spends all game breaking hooks risk-free

>tfw if you let him struggle out he'll just run to the same part of the map you downed him on, rinse & repeat

and you are the pussy?

>play survivor
>60 fps
>play killer
>20 fps

Who?

Fuck off foxy

they just patched it

the patch didn't touch matchmaking, fixed like three news bugs created by the DLC

I can confirm that matchmaking is still complete ass. At least I get to eventually play if I just create a lobby.

>dude i repeat u, se was the baddest killer in the game atm, i have already player against a full build nurse and i have already won or escape to her all the time, was not difficult to play sneaky or juke her, for real, don't judge if u are around rank 15/10, because she's not op :)

how did these retards even learn to breath?

ANIMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

???
Is this a steam forum post? Crop and post it nigger.

Why would anyone stream while being rank 20 ?

Does switching to Canada help?

>free weekend

Haven't had this bug before; had to close the game to get it working again.

>H20 Delirious

The entity craves his blood, senpai.

>died with less than a pip and a rare offering burnt

KEK

I live this life alongside you. May god have mercy on our souls, bad computer bro.