No Man's Sky General - /nmsg/

NEW PATCH OUT FOR BOTH PC (2.1.0.3) AND PS4 (1.04)

List of PC performance/crash fixes:
pastebin.com/NyEWip2r

Button click hold remover:
nomansskymods.com/mods/fast-actions/

Instagram Filter Remover (YMMV):
nomansskymods.com/mods/instagram-filter-remover

Annoying audio message remover:
nomansskymods.com/mods/shutup-disable-certain-annoying-audio-warnings/

x1000 range hyper drive:
nomansskymods.com/mods/super-hyperdrive/

Trainer:
nomansskymods.com/mods/no-mans-sky-trainer-25-by-fling/

How to get the Atlas pass:
eurogamer.net/articles/2016-08-12-no-mans-sky-atlas-pass-how-to-get-atlas-pass-v1-v2-v3

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hGnBt0-xT1o
nomansskymods.com/mods/all-drones-are-walkers-packed-ur3-mbin/
nomansskymods.com/mods/teds-periodic-table-overhaul-packed-1-1-1/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

exeguttors

>land on a planet
>first time I see gold
>it's in huge boulders
>start mining it
>never mined an ore formation completely before
>decided to try it out
>spend ten minutes painstakingly mining the whole boulder
>loaded with gold
>make a small tour to gather some plutonium as well
>scan a few things
>about 30 minutes worth of stuff
>get in ship
>leave planet
>activate pulse engines
>game crashes to desktop
>reload
>back to before I mined the whole fucking golden boulder

7:30

>the planetary code was tweaked to produce navigable terrain as some earlier builds would produce wildly stunning planets that were impossible to traverse

youtube.com/watch?v=hGnBt0-xT1o

also

>Murray says the engine can easily produce gas giants, but eh forbade it cuz he wants every planet to be explorable/landable

Thanks senpai...

POST COOL SHIPS

Why not just make gas giants with solid gas covered by gaseous gas that is really really dangerous?

?>the planetary code was tweaked to produce navigable terrain as some earlier builds would produce wildly stunning planets that were impossible to traverse

FUCK

Latest patch seemed to kill my ability to navigate menus with A and D.

redeem your fucking items ffs

Holy crap this has a General?
Oh Chaos, I feel so sorry for you guys, one side or the other.
I'm sorry this had to happen. This has gotta be worse than the Starbound rage, right? Yeah, sorry.

So essentially they had the Minecraft Alpha terrain generation and decided to turn it into Minecraft Beta's because there were some sheer cliffs?

Starbound rage? People got mad over starbound? Jesus people need to calm their bitchtits

I don't see why. We all knew what to expect from an Early Access title after all.

Good god I am STILL mad about how badly they fucked up biomes, granted modders fixed their bullshit, but they won't be able to fix it in this game because.

COOOOOOOOOL

Or better yet, make gas giants with moons you can land on.

You know, like how gas giants work.

When I've dones something "important" I always get back out of the ship and in again to force a save

Starbound was actually an Early Access game, though, and this game makes it (even in the state it was then) look incredible. They also had no real reason to be upset, considering it wasn't 60$ and trying to pretend it was AAA by courting Sony for marketing bux.

I don't know, the amount of stuff that's been modded already gives high hopes. If HG can be pryed to make a couple of things a bit more open we could get a lot of mod support.

wat

Not really, no. I didn't know about this game until it was released, and didn't try it out until one week after release. I didn't check the trailers until having played for three hours.

Basically, it's a real good game if your expectations are based on everyone telling you it's shit. I can understand people being fucking salty about the final product however when you look at how it was advertised.

Wishlist to implement:

>Basic bases
>Beacons
>Message system like Dark Souls
>Ship factories
>Terraformer machinery
>Scooters/submarines
>Playermade space bases
>Tax system for space bases
>Proper freighters
>Stargates

What else do you dare to dream?

>What else do you dare to dream?
Multiplayer

I want to believe
More likely to be true, but Plebbit is a hugbox and doesn't work

Specifically, to change that (terrain formation;) You'd have to wipe the entire universe and put in a different set of stipulations for the procedural generation of landmasses, so a mod won't be doing that.

>If HG can be pryed to make a couple of things a bit more open

It wouldn't be happening for a year, maybe more, unless they expanded their employment base drastically. Sean seems like he's more open to mod support recently, but some of the things in game couldn't be changed without a full reset due to how content is handled server-side.

When the alpha first released because chucklefuck was refusing refunds despite previously saying people could get a refund at any time along with many, many other lies.

CARRIER
A
R
R
I
E
R
S

post feet

>so a mod won't be doing that.
Why not? It's not like anything other than the name gets saved to the server. There are already mods that can force specific sets of biomes.

>Carriers

For what purpose?

I mean maybe if you're a ship manufacturer and want to move bigass ships around, but it's essentially a freighter

To have mutliple ships. Freighters are supposedly only for cargo.

There's no problem with this there's no multiplayer. Changing any dependency would make your universe independent (Technically) but if you read the first sentence you'd realize that's a moot point.

>Why not?

You'd need to do it planet-by-planet, and it wouldn't stick even then, as far as I am aware, if it's anything like the other ways you can change content in game using things like cheat engine.

>There are already mods that can force specific sets of biomes.

As far as I am aware, that mod doesn't actually change what is on the planet, content-wise. You get the same thing, and a different visual. Correct me if i'm wrong though. There's only so much you can do without more robust mod support.

>playing on pc with 360 controller
>need to reload save
>reloading save in same game session leads to various glitches including not being able to save
>alt f4 takes a long time for some reason
>menu quitting is slow as molasses
>double tap start
it's a feature

That's a retarded idea though

>combustible dust

>scared.jpg

>Changing any dependency would make your universe independent (Technically)

It would also need to be done individually on a planet-by-planet basis, without more robust tools for modding.

ayyy samsies.
>that was a desert planet
>devoid of life and plants

Why? You don't want to have 5 or 6 exploration ships?

All true.
But then Starbound finally gave a big ol' 'fuck your shit' and released a competent full release.

Is that the answer? Should NMS still be in alpha? Maybe a beta now, with all of y'all testing. I think that's a main issue. If this game actually went for an open beta maybe a half year or so ago they might be on a better track. It's such a blurry line though, and some people don't take it seriously and think 'you can play it' correlates to 'it's a full release version'.

Yeah, short, this game needed more testing.

Nah they could give new parameters to the undiscovered galaxies that will be in the game.

and it would be even more awesome because it will make people push even further to the expansion sets across the universe

>I JUST WANT MY GIANT DUNE SANDWORMS

>accidentally fire mining laser
>entire planet engulfs in flames
whoops

wallpaper material. Fuck I'd hang it on my wall.

Not that user but fuck off.

>Nah they could give new parameters to the undiscovered galaxies that will be in the game.

This sounds exactly like the kind of half-assed thing they'd do DELET THIS REEEEEE WHAT IF SEAN SEES IT

>Combustible dust

OH GOD

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN

DON'T FIRE THE MULTITOOL

>Come across a discovered planet
>I'ts engulfed in flames
>"Here lies user, he fucked up the entire planet"

If the change were to be made to the generation algorithm you wouldn't have to do it on a planet-by-planet basis. It could be applied to affect all of them, or only some biomes.
NMSE already allows dynamic injection, so having changes be permanent in itself isn't a problem. It's more of a matter of knowing what to modify: changing a few variables is easy; replacing functions isn't.
You're not wrong about the biome changer, but it was just an example of how much groundwork has already been done in less than a week.

>land on some planet
>start scanning
>suddenly, come across an animal
>looks like a big bug
>scan it
>predator
>it goes for me
>force to shoot it
>still getting attacked
>turn around
>there must be thousands of them
>all super aggressive
>barely make it back to my ship and escape
>mfw I just found the Tyranid homeworld

when i'm suggesting new ideas in the forums, I always think in what's feasible within the dev team and the business scheme

And certainly that's the only feasible thing to do, since you already launched the game and there's no turning back into some features

The cool thing about this is that you have near infinite room to expand upon so it just werks

>Get back in my ship and go to lift off from a random outpost
>Physics flip out and I am launched into space in a nano second
>Have to wrestle the controls before I'm flung into the dark space between the stars

got a new ship today. went from 23 to 31 slots. I got it on a trade platform and in that case your old ship just stays there. I went off to mine some shit and when I came back it was still there. I said my final goodbyes and warped out of the system. Goodbye lil shippy ;_;

Post neat worlds

everything looks the same

>NMSE already allows dynamic injection, so having changes be permanent in itself isn't a problem.

Good to know, I completely misunderstood that then, based on that biome mod. Hopefully then, it is possible, and also won't take too long for someone to figure out what to change/how to change it. They're already doing a lot, considering it's been under a week, you're definitely right.

tfw i'm a sucker for these small trading ships

anyone else find them qt?

>Find super agressive fauna
>Or new infectious gene strain like the teased one lifeform in the abandoned buildings
>Mark the planet as "DO NOT LAND, MARKED FOR GLASSING"
>In the future you're forced to orbital bombard the shit out of the planet, to minimize the infection spread of dumb asses that did land on it
>mfw this is not really that hard to implement
>It may be "too much work" for Sean the Weaver of Lies

Fucking gay. What sort of faggot thinks that's a good Idea? Whats the point of only having the same shitty bland planets.

nice crash landing, retard

Fuck, that's nice

Anyone got a download link to the GOG update?

what are the best cockpits?

Don't worry, those "boulders" are borderline worthless as far as gold is concerned. You could spend like 10 minutes mining it for probably less then 150 gold. Or you can just find crystals that look like green plutonium and break those in seconds for 30-60 gold a pop.

imho

that actually means jack shit. you thought those descriptions meant something gameplay wise? ahahahahaha

You have to find a Beacon and save

All the time

Don't forget this when closing the game

I mean they're generally lackluster but I do find that the planet typically exhibits that characteristic in some form or another

>you have learned the Korvax word for 'ayee'

yeah it means the planets surface gets hot. nothing is actually combustible.

found antarctica.

this crashing on entering then exiting the pause screen nonsense is worse now with the latest update on gog I think

Now that you say it

>Planets do not have poles to guide yourself with a compass

This is some of the stuff that baffles me hard

>double decker

I really like this one

>Hyperdrive over to a new system
>Game crashes
>Start up game again, I'm back in the system
>Swarm of pirates waiting for me, only to learn that apparently when I crashed every single fucking module on my ship broke so I'm stranded
>No engines, no shields, no weapons, final destination
>Turn game off
Nice game there Sean. I'll probably try speed-disassembling multi-tool and exosuit components until I can repair my shit enough to fend off the pirate.
Like a big dummy, I turned all my excess iron into shield consumables because I was expecting a pirate fight after jumping

>You learned the "Korvax" word for "Korvax"

NEW MOD: turn all flying drones into walkers

nomansskymods.com/mods/all-drones-are-walkers-packed-ur3-mbin/

yeah I switched from this one to one of those trucker ships (without the glass at the bottom) and I really prefer the one you posted. Got a 31 slot ship now so once I'm going for a +40 ship I'm switching back. It just feels so clunky and real.

The iron sphere are shells with rotating spheres inside, neat

also, a jumping head in the background..

I love hoppers so much

git gud

It's a bit strange considering that the jetpack mechanic is designed to not consume any power when hugging a wall, as if it was designed during the time when excessive heights were being generated but was carried over to the tamer release version.

I think they just turned down the amp on the generation for the release. Probably the same terrain as right now except everything is extra high and extra low, which would have genuinely looked like shit.

The only thing that can save this now is a different set of generation variables with every universe reset from the core.

Yeah, they really give me that oldschool space trucker vibe.

Rustic enough to seem run down, but functional enough to feel like a capable trading ship.

This is my current one. Saving up for a 30-35 slot one now.

???

I hate those ships. I always find them on the surface when I'm trying to look for a ship that isn't ugly.

i think they have to coolest looking cockpit

>yfw the game crashes right about when you get sick of playing

I have one of these now but I hate the way you get out the top.

periodic table overhaul

nomansskymods.com/mods/teds-periodic-table-overhaul-packed-1-1-1/

I really wish this game had bigger ships that you could actually walk around in, almost like a mobile base of sorts.

Mostly I just wish I could keep alien pets on my ship and go travelling the galaxy with them.

That's easier to read at a glance. I just wish someone would change those little white bars to numbers, I have trouble seeing them with my shitty vision