/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online General

Elder Thread: >Official news

Shadow of the Hist DLC is out! (on consoles now too!)
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/dlc/shadowsofthehist
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/06/28/update-11-featuring-shadows-of-the-hist-launch-details

One Tamriel announced (Q4 2016):
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/06/12/matt-firors-message-from-be3

>Latest patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)
kinguin.net/es/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=elder scrolls online (some anons have been using it without issues so far)

>Beginner's Guide by Alcast
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWqnQ2EfnFBgjvfzMURBzYTSTxMrf480u

>Online lore portal and map
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
esomap.uesp.net/

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php

>Assorted links
teso-rp.com/
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] message (not whisper) @clv or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] message (not whisper) @the_kyrox for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite

>We have a Discord open for every platform:
discord.gg/0zy535yopcQNGH6I

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

>Can I play X class doing Y role with an Z race?
Yes

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MOrvLxgoIxo
youtu.be/TFn9bRUYylA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

altmer best race

>tfw we were bumping a dead thread because no one noticed the post count
Oops.

How ded is the ps4 guild?

>let it die at 380

I'm very disappointed.

Any sites to check current prices? I got order of the hour belts motif in the xbone and im wondering how much itll go for?

Leave breton, your meriboo ways aren't welcome

I don't think there is such a site. Even if there was, it'd probably be more for pc than consoles

This game is boring

Join trading guild

We haven't done much together yet, but I (kibukj) am on usually every day and a few others too.

Im in one. I just want a price range so i can lowball it and get me some glass motifs.

Really? Didnt hour style come out with the hist update? We just got it so id imagine it would be pretty expensive the first week until it starts to flood the market.

There are often times when I'm literally the only one bumping the thread from page 10 seven or more times in a row with bullshit screens or subtle shitposts to try to keep it alive. Sometimes I think it's not worth it. ESO on Veeky Forums is in life support mode, and I don't know why, because the game itself feels more alive than ever. at least on PC

Well that sounds nice, if a bit small, anyway to get an invite?

In theory you probably could, I think a potential flood would depend more on high level player pop than anything else.

It usually isn't the case with most games, but I am so fucking glad that PC ESO does not have a built in voice chat. I'd rather stick my dick in a blender than have to deal with shit like this, to this extent. How can anyone be this arrogant, stubborn, childish and insecure? And Hessian is just as big of a cunt as the other guy, except he's better at PvP.

youtube.com/watch?v=MOrvLxgoIxo

>tfw you haven't played eso in 4-5 months you hop on to do some random pvp and record it

youtu.be/TFn9bRUYylA

You can send me a message on PSN. I am not on right now but I should be in a couple of hours. Since any member can invite you could try posting your PSN name here too, whatever you're comfortable with.

>friend starts playing eso again
>cp170 stamblade
>okish gear I got him full viper from nSO
>uses 2h and bow in PvE
>instant executioner every time boss is below 50%
>uses acid spray a lot
>uses snipe a lot
>uses acid spray A LOT
>have told him that he shouldn't do this shit
>"yeah, but it's pretty good and I like these skills"
>don't want to argue about this shit because we're friends
>vICP pledge
>he wants to do it with me
>after about an hour and a half we're at last boss
>we can't kill it, because I don't have enough dps to make up for him not doing any
>tank and heal both try to vote kick him
>I vote no, because friend
>they leave
>over two hours of vICP and 4k in repairs with nothing to show for it

Sometimes not having friends is a good thing. But really, I have only myself to blame for agreeing to do it with him/spoiler]

Today is vWGT and I've learned nothing from yesterday.

It's weird because the general was really moving before but it's gone into hibernation mode. I don't know if everyone is to busy playing to post or what.

because most people on this site are a bunch of aspies one way or the other. If you actually look at almost any general on this board you can see that if you took away shitposting then they would be in the same place. Just look at /bdog/ or even /tesg/ they ain't even about "playing" the fucking game they are literally 60% cancer shitpost and 40% waifufags, which is more of a venn diagram than a actual split. It wouldn't even matter if several full threads a day, if that what was on offer I wouldn't touch the general with a fucking rubber boot on a barge pole.

I probably would have helped bumping it, but it archived while I was asleep.

children. baka

Should have told him if he likes those skills and wants to use them that's perfectly fine on his own time, but he needs to not do that shit if you guys are going to do group content.

It's a shame, too. This game is solid.

can confirm that I'd rather play the game than post here

Guys, help.
Which combo should I use?

I'll just leave it here.
psn Vekarn

The one where you hide that ugly helmet.

Right's colors pop better. Go with that.

What do you call a Bosmer who screams "ALLAHU AHKBAR!"?

A Boomer

Post Boomers

I'm having a good time. Didn't think I would after how lambasted this game got.

Seems like after all these years it actually evolved into something decent, because this isn't the steaming pile of trash I had heard of.

So me and a couple friends got eso plus to do dailies and shit. We decided since i played when it came out and got pretty far in level and crafting id be the motif whore. We are working on getting full glass and we have 4 out of 7 pieces of armour. Im glad the dlc areas are scaled. We had a blast running around the gold coast.

>this isn't the steaming pile of trash I had heard of

Yeah, I picked it up two months ago since it was really cheap, didn't expect much because of all the bad press. I still can't stop playing.

only slavs will get it
I'm not even a slav

>tfw people whine that getting support/assault skills is hard
>Tfw it's little effort to you since you actually like PvP
>Tfw you can't justify having literally any of the skills on your bar
Magplar here. Caltrops is stamina based, I don't want to use all my stamina before the fight. Proxy det damage is garbage now.
Am I missing something?

...purge?

Yeah it seems like they addressed most of the issues that made the game really bad as an elder scrolls game at launch. The Addition of the Thieves Guild and the Dark Brotherhood really sealed it, and with player housing and One Tamriel on the horizon it's going to be really solid, though sadly the linearity of the storyline will suffer, though there really shouldn't have been a linear storyline to begin with.

The locking Imperial race behind a paywall was a really poor decision, as was the locking races into factions and making them all separated was as well, those are and in some cases have been addressed. I don't ever play Imperials so that one issue that still hasn't been addressed doesn't effect me personally.

>The locking Imperial race behind a paywall was a really poor decision

I have imperial edition and none of my characters are imperial, because it's just not a very good race. Not particularly bad, but also not the best for anything.

Managed to hit 3100 spell power with buffs while managing to have fine HP and a big mag pool as a breton sorcerer.

It was my goal to be a good dps and I got tunnel vision. Literally spent shitton of gold for gear and materials, jewelry weaponry.

Now that I know I am a good dps I just don't wanna do it anymore. I started a nord dk I am gonna make him a tank but I can switch to 2h bow in case I wanna dps.

It's not hard, it's tedious.

Does Mazzatun actively fuck with the group when your going through it?

They can make some pretty cute waifus but overall I've always found them dull as an elder scrolls race.

It's really not if you play PvP at all and not just hop in for a while and go back to
>Playing PvE
I'm a Templar, I have Cleansing Ritual, I don't need Purge.

aggressive warhorn

>minigamer saying something isn't tedious when you no life it
It's tedious despite how your experience colors your out look

>250 ultimate
Just fuck my whole life up forever senpai. I may give it a try though. I don't build for crit chance at all though, apart from the reflective light buff.

it's meant mainly for group play, I wouldn't use it for solo

If you are any kind of DPS, you should have a fair amount of crit chance, as it's the best DPS multiplier. Aggro horn is for groups, if you're coordinated with a 4-man in a vet dungeon, or with a trial group where you can rotate the horn to keep the buff up close to 100%, it gives a HUGE DPS increase, like 5k+ depending on your build and how much DPS you were doing before.

If you're just solo, you don't need it, but it's good to have it leveled in case you ever want to get into that stuff.

yea fuck that, tell it how it is and tell him he needs to git gud god damn

it's easy as shit just bring potions for last boss

I think spell damage is better than crit in PvP though, for templars at least.

I feel ya, my Argonian Stam Dk does plenty of dps for trials and I only do serious runs with him

my fun build is a Stam sorc with the clan fear pet active, does at least 18k dps so good for nearly everything

fuck my immersion senpai.

Fighting Spider Queen and mid battle she flees to feed on her own DEAD BODY right next to her to regain her health.

fuck.

>mfw I went from 1mill to 1k in a day
fucking kill me, I'm poor.

>not using gold to make more gold
that's why you're poor

>not using gold to make more gold
>implying I won't make bank from trial farms now I can compete
>implying I won't make money from pvp once a roflstomp people with that kena/alchmist 4.5k+ wep dmg

>implying those things are more profitable than flipping items on the market

Same here. I essential bump by bitching about shit.

Why the fuck didn't we get informed about today's stream not happening? Why is the communication with the community in this game such utter shit? ESO Live is great but everything around it and about anything else is just horrible.

Why not just make a mag tank?

So it sending back to the very start of the dungeon or not being 160 despite the group being above one sixty is normal?

I killed a frog and it dropped poultry.

Frog does taste like chicken after all

It also was flagged as stealing for some reason.

There were no fundamental problems with the game at launch. It needed a bit of tuning which it gets on an ongoing basis.
It did get a lot of bad press because they pitched it to Skyrim adventurers and the combat was much more difficult and people got frustrated. I know, I was one of them but I took the time to learn to play well while many others went to the forums and trashed the game.
The other problem was they they did little to market the game before launch which allowed everyone else to define the public perception of the game and a lot of those people hated the very idea of an Elder Scrolls MMO. The amount of straight up bullshit that is generally believed about this game is ridiculous.
It's a shame because it is a solid game.

It's pretty solid now, but at launch it really was trash. There was a TON of fundamental problems.

pickpocketing before light fingers 2 is suffering.

Feels like any % is 0%.

I didn't encounter anything I would call fundamental, but then I didn't pvp so maybe I didn't see the worst of it.
In some ways the game was better at launch than it is now, but I'm not a novice player anymore, so my perspective is different.

You may as well just steal shit until you've gained enough in pickpocketing to not be shit at it.

You could just watch angry joes review from launch and see how bad it used to be. thankfully almost every issue he brought up has been fixed by now, or i slated to be fixed in the future.

Yeah, I'm just doing the repeatable thieves guild quests to get some xp for them while I try to cap out my fencing limit for the day. Get some legerdemain xp while im at it.

> The locking Imperial race behind a paywall was a really poor decision

This makes me think of the peculiar situation Maelstorm weapons are in. They're the best weapons in the game for PvE and PvP if you're going stamina, and makes you the strongest DD in the game if you use them.

Since it comes with Orsinium we should have a lot of people bitching about the game being Pay 2 Win since you can't get them without bying the DLC. But I have never encountered anyone bitching about it. Why is that?

It's not because the community don't like bitching because it sure as fuck love any kind of drama.

I did watch it. I recall thinking most of the stuff he was complaining about was either blown way out of proportion or that it came down to a matter of taste in games.
Mind you, ESO was my first MMO, so I didn't come to this game with a lot of expectations based on other games.

So the frog bought some chicken and you stole it from its cold dead body. I don't see the issue.

Probably just has to do with ESO+ being a pretty good deal, and that being part of it.

lol gg that's not normal fucker

Because that would be like saying wow expansions are pay to win because all the new raids give new BiS.

>maelstrom weapons
Has no one discovered the weapon damage buff enchantment instead?fucking retards they are the next best thing

>They're the best weapons in the game for PvE and PvP if you're going stamina,
So what's the best for those that use magic?

>Has no one discovered the weapon damage buff enchantment instead?fucking retards they are the next best thing

VMA weapons will give you 5k+ more DPS than normal weapons with weapon damage glyphs. It's not even close.

>So what's the best for those that use magic?

Suicide

5k more my ass, without being restricted to vma weapons, you can have versatility set wise for your build.

Someone will figure something out and do something impressive with it, then the entire meta will shift and revolve around it.

Such is the way of things.

Anyone else a little worried about One Tamriel? And being able to see EVERYONE from all alliances and every zone scaled? Does this not raise a red flag?

So, dumb question; say I wanted to get the game and main a dunmer nightblade with a bow:

- Are there chitin models?
- Is it more than wow with a tes coat of paint?
- Are factions important or am I allowed to not give a shit about nords and to a lesser extent argonians?

NO chitin models, sorry man

its better, you can do more

Once One Tamriel hits factions will only matter pvp wise

What red flag? This is what I have been wanting since launch.

scaling everything sounds like such a casual aspect thing to do, easy mode basicly

And alliance issue is gay, I only want EP characters in my EP zones this is rediculous

>NO chitin models, sorry man
My life is over...

Okay ngl the other two make it sound somewhat more interesting, but that lack of MW models man... Still tempted.

it was data mined a while back as a possible costume though, just saying

There is some sort of chitin or bonemold armor that some Dunmer NPCs wear. It's available to players as a rare drop but not craftable at this point.

I'm worried about how they'll handle scaling and giving rewards to those that are of lower level

I'm worried how it will completely ruin the main storylines seeing as how they are all linear, but honestly, it's the way Elder Scrolls should be. It's not supposed to be linear, it's supposed to be open, even the alliance thing is a bad design decision for an elder scrolls game.

So yeah while it's not great for the way the game was built, it's a good thing as it will bring the game closer to what an elder scrolls game should have been in the first place.

The scaling will take the world off rails like it is now. As it is the only zone that is playable is the zone at the player's level. You do the quests at your level and then you move on.
The implications of the alliance war is a problem storywise, but I've never had trouble weaving my own story through the canned content in a game. In fact, that's what I like to do.

t.Never played any of the DLC's.

dlcs are different faggot, they are not part of the main story

Imperial City and Orsinium both continue the main story. But I don't see why there being a main story or not matters at all.

nigger are you retarded

Compare orsinium to Stone falls you faggot, one is scaled while the other clearly isnt

Go to wrothgar with a level 1 and try kill a mob with that 1 ability you have, it's a pisstake. Also there's a mechanic where once mobs are too high level for you they automatically dodge your attack, no ability or anything just 1 in 10 hits will connect that's not hard, it fucking arbitrary. I was trying to power the questline for skillpoints before I went grinding my alt and had to stop and go grind before coming back to it.