/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

NEET Gehrman Edition

Previous thread: >Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

Other urls found in this thread:

mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne/18473
youtube.com/watch?v=sH2-texH34o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for kosm

I want to hug Gehrman.

He's a real weirdo but he's got it rough.

I know right. Grandpa Gehrman is best character

How come some folks turn into regular beasts, men of the cloth turn into cleric beasts and some people turn into dark beasts?
Also, why can that one guy seemingly turn into a darkbeast and switch back to being a human at will?
What triggers the different evolutions? The type of blood you imbibe?

I'm most curious about what's up with darkbeasts

>What triggers the different evolutions?
Blood, the scourge and the moon.
>The type of blood you imbibe?
Type and amount

>darkbeasts
Experiments done by Micolas Cage and Mensis

you guys think it would be cool if they added gravelording in bloodborne?

>darkbeasts are experiments done by Mensis
I doubt this

>Enchiridion.jpg

>Soothing Hymn

Darkbeasts are Loranians

y'all think the dks3 dlc will have better level design?

It would pale in comparison to Old Hunters

yee

i hope not , i want it to be at least equal to the old hunters

It's fair to assume you all like Bloodborne since you're in here, but is it your favourite game?
There's some kind of hipster bias where people don't take you seriously if your favourite game isn't something at least as old as the PS2.
I think it's fair to to say the honeymoon phase is over now. Its been well over a year since release and I can comfortably say BB is my favourite game of all time.
Anyone else?
Top 5, top 10 maybe?

one of my favorite games yes probably no.6 on my list

It's my number one too. And I played 100+ hours on all the other souls. I seriously can't think of any other game that I would enjoy that much from any other series

What are the top 5?

1.majoras mask

2. Dark souls 1

3. Ocarina of time

4. Oblivion

5. Battle for middle earth 2

I have neither a favorite game nor a top list of them

what about your list?

Hey /bbg/ rate my pvp build

I've done a lot of resarch and I think it's pretty much unbeatable

mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne/18473

Where are my Vilebloodbros at?

Missing one point of skl to use bowblade.

>Majoras Mask over OoT
Absolutely __based__

Actually on second thought ignore the evelyn

>right hand weapons
Why? 50 BLT Gatling gun.

>Ocarina on your list at all
L O L
O
L

>Oblivion
NOT EVEN THE BEST IN ITS SERIES

In the cuckshed.

Then you have access to all the fabulous bt wepons of course. Be honest with yourself, its a bt build.

I was actually being butthurt about the gatling gun and was hoping someone would say something about it.
I hate the gatling gun so goddamn much.

What do you even fucking do against it

Wtf nothing i love the gattling gun on my str build and i wish i didnt farm for oos bt gems on my skl bt build cuz after dlc the kind of build you're going for is more interesting.
Just more options is what im suggesting for once you get bored. You could always go up to 100 or w.e.

Reiter gattling is pretty fun, im jelly of your potential extra 100-200 bt ar.

>mfw my best ranked message has +59

mine is only ranked 18 right now :(
it reads: Time for defilements therefore reeks of thrust attack. its right by iosefka

Slayer of Demons vs Chosen Undead vs Bearer of the Curse vs Good Hunter in a fatal fourway match for the world heavyweight championship
Who wins?

For the sake of the question, none can respawn from this encounter.
What order do they die in?

>they dont have messages with over 300 fines.
>getting random heals all day erry day
Ive been thinking of deleting my messages since pvping.
Dont wanna make honor babbies cry.

I put it down after DS3 release.

I noticed you get more ratings if your network is set to local.

Purely anecdotal evidence, mind you.

Well, when you put it like that

Fuck it. One more playthrough. Does Reiter parry + bone ash cannon still work?

youtube.com/watch?v=sH2-texH34o

anyone see this yet? its pretty cool

And? I picked up played the dlc once ds3 came out and messages on my newer characters have 150 ish ratings.

Im guessing i just leave really good messages

I bet it is so cuckish that it simply caters to nu-males.

wtf u talking about?

It'll work even on staggers if they're close enough.

>being an edgelord

>being a gaylord

i wish they more with the transition from evening to night. Like maybe some of the coffins open up in yharnam.

Miyazaki stated that the longer you resist your inner beast, the bigger, stronger, and more twisted it grows. People of the church and hunters tend to have naturally stronger wills due to all the crazy shit they're exposed to on a regular basis, and so they turn into larger beasts. What determines the specific 'species' of beast (cleric, blood-starved, dark, abhorrent, etc.) isn't really specified, but it may have something to do with the kind of blood you drank or simply the kind of personality you had as a human.

The suspicious beggar was no mere hobo, he was actually a specially trained hunter in disguise. And even though it looks like he can switch back and fourth between human and beast form, he can't. If you die while he's transformed, hell just 'reset' back to his non-hostile state like every other npc turned hostile will do until you get close enough to aggro him again. It's purely gameplay mechanics, just like with Gascoigne.

Yeah, but he's capable of speech and perfectly coherent thought while in beast form.
Plus, the way he spoke about beasts such as himself while fighting implies that that isn't the first time he's transformed. So surely he is capable of switching back?

The only other beast capable of speaking was Ludwig

The human face on the scorpion is fascinating. It seems like they and the bloodlickers are a separate type of creature from normal beasts that take on more arthropodic features than mammalian. Also, some of them carry little baby scorpions on their backs, does this mean they can reproduce naturally?

The alpha had more lights, during the night unlike the released game, I bet that would make it look a lot better in yharnam.

PS4 NEO BLOODBORNE LIGHTING EDITION pls

I think the beggar was experimented on. Archibald was fascinated with Darkbeasts and managed to create one, which was Paarl. It's possible that he made an Abhorrent Beast too, both emitted bolt and Archibald was fascinated by that according the the Spark Hunter Badge.

There's no way he can switch back and fourth. Everything in the game's lore hinges on the fact that a beast transformation is permanent and the only cure for it is death. He was being eaten away by his inner beast for so long that he probably considered himself one long before his actual transformation.

His ability to speak is strange, but it may have just been a final burst of human will before going completely feral, like with Ludwig.

>not transcending humanity and become one with the gAYYs

Any relation between Gehrman and Eileen?
They're both old as fuck and they're the only two with weapons forged from siderite.

Plus, Eileen's primary target, the bloody crow of Cainhurst uses the art of quickening.

>Spark Hunter Badge:
>"Badge crafted in secret by Archibald, the infamous eccentric of the Healing Church, for his friends.

>Archibald was fascinated by the blue sparks that emanate from the hides of the darkbeasts, and dedicated his life to its artificial reproduction. in a style of inquiry that, incidentally, closely followed the methodology of Byrgenwerth."

Note that "it's artificial reproduction" is in reference to "the blue sparks", not the darkbeast itself. It's talking about the Tonitrus and its smaller cousin.

Eileen was once a hunter of the dream, so yes.

But he also says something like that you "uncovered" him being a beast and not a mere human.
Also does he eat/kill the people in his human form?

If you have full ammo, visceral someone with Oedon Writhe and get two bullets back, does one bullet get added to your stockpile?

nope

the fuck was that, does reiter R2 have hyper armor?

Either lag or axe dash r1 has no stagger.

Ah you're right, it's been a while since I've read the description. I just realized that Darkbeasts buff themselves like the Tonitrus whenever their bolt's knocked out. Pretty cool stuff, wonder what's the reason for Bloodletting Beast's ability to shoot out Rapid Poison darts like bees.

Do abhorrent beasts have any relation to bloodletting beasts?

Whats the best gem setup for a phys Beast Cutter ? Do I need lost or uncanny is what I need to know

Figure it out yourself

Regular Version with full 32.6% Blunt Setup, maybe a single Heavy Abyssal in one slot.

Go in expecting it to be way worse than ToH. Pretty much the only way any of us are going to enjoy it at all.

reddit has a thread up if you need all the numbers to satisfy your autism.

tinyurl com/jj79ul2

definitely Top 10

Top 5 for sure.

Good Hunter just wins because he has fucking guns and guns are what made plate obsolete.

A high bloodtinge or hunter with some BMA in his pocket would annihilate them all. Guns really were that big of a game changer. You can bring up the Quicksilver Bullet argument, but those hurt everything including beasts. And he doesn't have just a pistol, he has a blunderbuss, the piercing rifle, two cannons and a chaingun.

That's to say nothing of his speed and agility.

>implying bullets can do shit agains full havels with a greatshield

Acb then

user, plate armor was used up through the 1600s. It wasn't until muskets got better that massed fire could be reliable enough, and part of that had to do with a shift towards more maneuver in battlefield tactics. It's not some god weapon that instakills everything, especially something like Havel's or other heavier armor sets.

But even if it doesn't pierce the armor, you're still gonna be hit pretty hard.

You can kill Havel at SL1 by parrying him to death with your bare hand and a dagger.
Any given weapon in BB would mess up any NPC I'm DaS.
Having something like the bloodletter with the mobility and endurance you have in BB would be ungodly if put into the DaS universe.

Not to mention I don't think any of the other protags could handle the hunter dashing about like a mad cunt for hours and literally ripping their guts out with his bare hand.
Being able to parry from a distance is also obscenely OP in comparison.
In DaS you're meant to be cautious, methodical and fearful of every corner, in BB you're the one who knocks.

Love the entire series to death, and this isn't me saying BB is better or worse than the others.
Just think it would be a decisive victory for the hunter.
Chosen Undead would push him though.

>dat list
>dat objectively correct opinon

Keep up the good work

Would be cool if NG+ always spawned bell maidens even if you don't have a summon

Oh I know, and thing is, Bloodborne is a 18th/19th century derived setting, so by that point, not only has plate essentially disappeared, but the firearms are at the level that they would have disappeared because they had become powerful enough.

But read the rest of my post. Hunter has two portable cannons and a chaingun. Even if the pistol and blunderbuss were at a lower tech level, he's the winner because of the insane guns he has.

How to fix BBs online mode:

Online patch only
>certain areas become randomly marked for The Hunt
>random enemies respawn around the area
>they drop all kind of runes and gems
>the longer you survive without dying the higher the droprate becomes and the drops improve in quality
>all kinds of armor pieces drop with random stats to min/max with your favorite piece of outfit
>bellwhore is active nonstop with no way to stop it

There. I fixed everything bad about Bloodborne. No more chalice grinding either.

>what are two portable cannons and a chaingun

Definitely one of my all time favourites, hell, one of my favourite pieces of media period. It appeals to all of my interests.

>you can see old yharnam at the very beginning of the game

Fucking Insight all over the shop, lads

I have my share of woes.

more like two shots at best and you're outta bullets, lel. I can guarantee that if a regular hunter can sustain a shot, then a turtle in a full havels can sustain at least 1 shot too

Anyone have the AWAY AWAY picture saved?
The one zoomed in on his face?

do u guys play on ps4, xbox or pc?
i personally play on ps4

good one

>two shots

For the cannons, yeah, but also what is up on the d-pad and runes for regaining bullets with viscerals?

The chaingun sustains much longer attacks. Let's see a slab of stone stay sturdy under a hail of chaingun fire.

If you want to go full melee, there's plenty of heavy, hard hitting weapons in Bloodborne. Hell, the Saw Cleaver's follow up charged R2 pancaked enemies.

This one m8?

Yeah
Thanks bruv

Took an elevator down in nightmare of mensis and it's just a black empty plane
Uh.. guys?

You should look around user

Damn this is still active? might jump back in sometime.

Walk forward

I can invade almost every 20-30 seconds during peak times in mensis.

But there is nothing here

you gott pull the lever to release the shoggoth

If he's in that area then he's already pulled the lever