Veeky Forums is a 03 ford focus zx3 worth it for a starter car?

Veeky Forums is a 03 ford focus zx3 worth it for a starter car?

good car.
2.3L duratec, or 2.0L zetec?

yes

2.0L zetec

make sure you get the timing belt done. Other than that, they're pretty bulletproof.

They are pretty terrible desu senpai

howso?

>ff

Its a ford. So youll be replacing coil packs constantly. As well as alternators (couldnt tell you how many ive had to do)
The interior is horendous. Rattles and falls apart.
The seats are rock hard
The whole car vibrates when you accelerate or with the AC on.
Litterally less horsepower than a corolla unless you get the svt.
Just buy a corolla. Avoid 98 to 02 tho

You're a dumbass who knows nothing
>cares about interior
>pretends to be car enthusiast

What?
>DD
>not caring about interior
>being mad about ford building cheap shit
Wew

it's a sports car user

The alternator issue is on the non-zetec 2.0, I would know I drove one for a company car and it went through 2

They are cheaper than a corolla and the steering stays dead on unlike corollas that tend to have steering that becomes looser than 50 year old pussy.

>literally competed in rally
what the fuck do you drive again

it's a zx3 not a fucking SVT

Even if he neglects it Zetecs aren't interference engines, only the SVT version is.

The engine differences are the pistons, cylinder head, camshafts, intake manifold, and exhaust manifold. Still the same basic engine.

Best first car imo.
Selling one to a girl I work with who just needs something reliable for college next year.

YES AND A NSX HAS AN ACCORD ENGINE

>$3k or less car
>handle well
>fun
>easy to fix
>manual

go for it

no
less fuel economy compared to the honda civic or the toyota corolla / camry, with a comparable fuel tank to other cars in the class it's therefore got a shorter range, and it's got above average rust problems on the regular places to expect, and unusually high rusting on the front lip of the hood

I didn't know that, makes the cars a bit more valuable in my eyes.

just whatever you do stay the fuck away from the single cam motor. although im sure the zx3 doesn't even have it

>cheaper than a corolla
No
>loose steering
Never seen that in any corolla ive driven

I just brought home a 2001 ZX3 today
its was nice to drive home, steering was tight
I wish it had a little more oomph in the accelerator though
on a whole it feels really different than the F250 I've been driving around.

Also anyone know if/where I can find aftermarket stereo stuff? It only has a CD player and no audio jack

rust is not a thing

Mine served as a daily driver for about 8 years.

It continues to serve well on dirt, and this isn't even its final form.

starting from the top
>coil packs
not as many as I've had to do on my Mitsu
>alternators
haven't had to do one yet.
>interior is horrendous, rattles
check your engine mounts. interior is bad on base trim but any of the higher ones look pretty nice with the wood inserts
>seats are rock hard
undeniably false. Maybe for your hemorrhoid infested rectum.
>car vibrates when accelerating
again. Engine mounts.
>less HP than a corolla
true, but misleading. Corolla sits at 170hp on highest trim, 130 on the normal. Focus sits at 110 on the normal trim, 167hp on the SVT (highest trim).
However, the Focus is 400 pounds lighter. So if you want to take into account hp/weight ratios, the Corolla loses.
>just buy a corolla
lolno. CorollaIDF pls go

tarbo next?

here in ohio you'd be hard pressed to find any model year focus that isn't rusted at least somewhere, older focus's without an aftermarket protector on the hood seen to have the same strip of redbrown rust, I've never seen a focus that isn't rusted to almost nothing in places near the front passenger side and driver's side door.

actually that's wrong, I do see Focus's without rust, and those are 2014's and more recent. even '13's are starting to show ridiculous amounts of wear

Amazon, Best Buy, etc.

>I just brought home a 2001 ZX3 today

Really every other 96-05 Corolla we get into our shop with over 120,000 the steering wheel wobbles around even with the car turned off.

My old 98 corolla had shaking/vibration in the wheel starting at 50mph and that car had 120k. My 05 Focus with 210k drives like it always has.