92 Ford Probe LX

Well Veeky Forums I recently acquired a 1992 Ford Probe LX for free through a friend (long story short he's moving across the country and is giving up a lot of his unfinished project cars). My Question is, Is it worth keeping around? My buddy rebuilt a lot of the engine so I don't have to worry too much about mechanical problems but I'm just not sure what could be done with it honestly.

More photos to come.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/303-30382-Automotive-Protectant-fl/dp/B0185PU38A?ie=UTF8&keywords=303 aerospace protectant&qid=1465425571&ref_=sr_1_3&sr=8-3
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Interior

Dashboard

and finally Engine

my friend had this car in high school. He has since owned about 4 other cars, all of them being manual transmission hatchbacks. I say you should get the service manual for this car and just go through all of the tune-up and regular maintenance procedures.

looks like a good candidate to learn paint/body work

Op buy this, it will have your dashboard and interior trim looking new.
>amazon.com/303-30382-Automotive-Protectant-fl/dp/B0185PU38A?ie=UTF8&keywords=303 aerospace protectant&qid=1465425571&ref_=sr_1_3&sr=8-3

>doing spic work
Just plastidip the turd and call it a day

Sell it to me, where are you and how much. I fucking love first gen Probes

It's not even worth the amount of gas money you'll waste driving it.

>"Stop liking inexpensive cars"

It's FWD just sell it to some kid

I'm not memeing.
This isn't the only car OP has so it's literally pointless to drive a heap that gets shit mpg.

Which is why he's gotta sell it to me, it'll get better mileage than the heap I drive now

ayy thats like the rarest 1st gen Probe there is (5 speed Vulcan)

assuming its all good mechanically Id stick with it to have fun with

sell me your center vent if you dont plan on keeping it, I need it for my GT and we have the same interior color

Keep it, who doesn't like a good probe now and then. Three spoked wheels are gutter tier though

It has more in common with the Acura NSX of that time than you'd think. Keep it.

strip and repaint the car in a deep black
reupholster the interior to black, replace window rubber, replace interior plastic for non-faded ones.
this thing looks mechanically fantastic, restore it and keep it in good shape for a decade and it MIGHT be collectable.

>FF similar to MR

drive it backwards.

Drive that bitch into the ground and love every minute of it

fug :DD