2006 Cummins CR WVO/free fuel

Well I made the jump in cold water....I will be posting updates off and on when I can to let everyone know what mods I had to do to make it work and costs the savings and over all mileage log. Will try to do a weekly update on the truck but we will see how things go.

youtube.com/watch?v=AlnNdsxmCbo

Can't watch the video now.
Care to share some details on what you are talking about?

Sure, With diesel prices going back up I am going to start to turn my 2006 Dodge ram into a used veg oil truck. I am running a 50/50mix of diesel/waste oil right now and the truck is running normal. I am going to play around with my fuel system over the next few weeks/months and keep updating my youtube page. So others who have thought about doing it them self...will be able to see what I have done..and how its working for me...thats the short of it really.

I've been wanting to pick up an old VW Rabbit Truck as a DD. I'd be very interested in this.

I didn't think this was a good idea. Since it is a direct injection engine with extra high pressure of it being a commonrail you may be asking for trouble. Just get a crewcab Idi 7.3 and do this

I have done it to a 1996 ford f350 with a turbo 7.3 in it. I clocked over 100k miles and sold the truck and they people who bought it from me still run the used veg in it... it works really good but you have to be willing to fix what you fuck up and things WILL go wrong at the start but thats why I am going to do a video blog...so people can see the ups and down of using mix fuels.

there will be some issues but I will mod the motor/systems as I need to as they come up.

I know how to work on cars/trucks and taking the risks

Where do you get the wvo?

some people bring it to me...and then I ask around town if I can pump some from there tanks. I will do a video on some of that on my next video.

Can you get 20-gal per week?

why does it idle at 300rpm?

also 6th gear at 20mph is dumb and bad and you should feel bad

How do you deal with the extra viscosity and possible presence of dirt in the oil? What is it that you already know will need to be changed/modified to run that mix reliably for an indefinite amount of time?
Do you also use some additives?

Sorry if these questions are already answered in your videos but I can't look at them right now.

Yes should be able to with out much of an issue. I live north of Dallas TX so there are a TON of places where I can get oil from.

Give me the time in the video where the truck is idling at 300rpm...and I only went into 6th gear to show that even under stress and LOW rpm the truck fuel system is still able to keep it running. Thats why I only did it for a very short time.

>How do you deal with the extra viscosity and possible presence of dirt in the oil? What is it that you already know will need to be changed/modified to run that mix reliably for an indefinite amount of time?
>Do you also use some additives?
No but I will talk about the oil in a later video so show what and how I'm doing it so sub my Youtube to catch that one when I get to uploading it. The extra viscosity is not really an issue since its summer time and the oil is about as thick as diesel would be during winter but will have to mod the whole fuel system before winter to warm it up or just having to use 100% diesel when it gets cold. No additives right now but will be picking up the gray can at wally world as that worked wonders with my f350 I owned. Right now my truck is mostly stocked other than gauges, upgraded flywheel/clutch and some minor things under the hood but over all the fuel system of the truck is stock...over the next few days I will be monitoring the fuel pressures and may even pull the CR out to check it out for issues.

>OP clogs injectors and has to rebuild entire fuel system

I dont think that will happen and if it does I will fix it. You don't learn by not doing/trying new things

I've been thinking about getting a centrifuge to clean waste motor oil in my 6.9 idi. Will be nice to have basically free fuel

I have thought about the centrifuge but they are costly but wmo would/SHOULD be filter like that but very rarely I had any issues with my wvo in my f350 or older cummins motors but this one will take some learning

Cool bud, keep up the tests and keep us informed!

It's kinda too bad that modern diesels are moving toward urea wet diesel systems. I work at Mercedes, and even slightly poor fuel quality totally screws up the SCR system, NoX sensors go, pressure sensors go, the DPF won't enter regen, and then you get the old "5 restarts remaining" message of death before you're locked out.

I can't imagine the headache someone would get themselves into if they put this into one of our vehicles... or heck, maybe that's where all these failures are coming from, lol.

Thanks and will do. I will make a new post here off and on as I move head but also sub my page if you don't mind..trying to grow that new channel. Yea some of the newer cars I won't even touch them with a 10 foot pole and if I did..I would have to mod everything (mostly software) and that's a bitch and a half. I don't know why they are not building them to where they can run on wvo, wmo or the other types of alt fuels out there..

Don't want to get my tin foil hat out right now lol

OP it should work so long as you keep the waste oil filtered and free of particulate matter

More than than that. High acid is something that has to be watched, high water amount and salts. But there are ways to test all of that. Also staying ontop of changing the fuel filter