EVE online /eog/

permalink: orph.link/eog

>Can I make enough ISK to PLEX during the trial?
If you have to ask, you can't do it.

>I just started, what should I do?
Do the Opportunities then all the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp. The game is only as boring as you are.

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No.

>Read the /eog/ pastebin: pastebin.com/ser9Acpg

>Focus Group Logs: focusgrouplogs.tech.ccp.is/

Future:
>Winter: drilling platforms
>Fall: industrial arrays, barge visuals, AOE BOOST/LINK REWORK, Rorqual rework
>Oct 28: Eve Vegas
>Sep 12: CSM 11 first summit

Past:
>Aug 13: [SoundCloud] WH CSM Townhall 13AUG2016 by OrangeEagle (embed)
>Aug 09: Citadel contracts, damage/repping visuals, DX11 clouds performance boost, cargo notifications
>Jul 26: AT prizes announced (blood raider variations)
>Jul 23: Goons moving to Delve, SMA alliance closes
>Jul 19: Broski enters QFC, Rote super salty
>Jul 18: Billboards submissions open
>Jul 07: AT 14 rule changes: 10 players, no cap-transfer, no jumpdessies, blood raider ships encouraged
>Jun 29: "Shadow of the Serpent" event began, serp capitals introduced
>Jun 28: Citadel trading, tactical overlay vectors, new implants, legal drugs, NSA nerfs, triage/seige/bastion give ECM immunity, mass fitting tool
>Jun 23: RIP SP dailies
>May 31: RIP old camera, new multi-use analyzers introduced
>May 30: RIP Dust 514 (long live Project Nova)
>May 12: Name ships automatically with a saved fit name
>May 06: Eve Online 13th Anniversary
>Apr 27: Citadels & cap rebalance released. Tears, bugs, etc. RIP rolling yachts.
>Apr 21: community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/csm-11-election-results/
>Mar 09: Massive mod tiercides that broke a lot of fits.
>Feb 09: SP trading
>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid pointless changes (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4yBTaqiMrX4
youtube.com/watch?v=4UieJcWI-YM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Rip old damage control icon.

Thanks Kevin

OFFICIAL LIST OF WORST TYPES OF PLAYERS IN EVE:

1. Nullsec botters/ratters/mission runners
2. Highsec botters/ratters/mission runners
3. Nullbabby napfest blobbers
4. Lowsec 'elite' link-alt slave set pvpers
5. 'hisec pvp'
6. Miners
7. Industrialists
8. Traders
9. Scammers

9001. Honorabru solo roamers

90001. Small gang NPC sov nullsec/lowsec

900001. C5-6 WH pvpers

Admit it. /eog/ without the no SPfag would be this generals main feature. /eog/ has a rep for being an easy pace, and posting a big shitpost with dog pictures would be reason enough to enjoy this general.

I don't know, he probably asks CCP for reimbursement and gets another 10pack of those things.

first for raven

Fuck off Kevin.

>/eog/ has a rep
>having a rep
Beta healer cocksluts all of you

cute desu

Huh, I like it.

The modern caldari 'our ships look like actual military spaceships fuck you' thing is probably my favourite aesthetic.

they should have made that the bantam since it looks like a mini-minokawa

>that
>atual military spaceship
Looks like there was an explosion at a girder factory or something. Those spikes don't have any use, there are no antenna on them or anything.

They ARE the antennae, surely?

They are wings you fucking moran, how would they stay up without them?

>all these real life military spaceship engineers posting on r/eog

>dual rep armor dramiel
>not even an aux pump
>no rep + ancil
lmao pl so elite

>antennae have to look like dishes from the 80s
Bruh its the future.

bruh it's the future, why do they even NEED antennae

>rep + ancil

this is still kys-tier. just ancil is the correct fit

Yeah man, they ships should all have cable at least!

>Hull tanked mining drone exploration dragoon

>no rep+ancil
bruh have you seen how much those fucking things cost?

Deadspace mods fair enough but an ancil repper jesus christ chill out.

That's everybody in the game faggot.

I need advice.

Myself and a couple of friends are new to the game, three months old each approx.

We've been mining minerals and ice in a nice dead-end 0.6 system where an ice belt spawns regularly.

There is one player who none of us know who is repeatedly declaring war against us and when it ends makes a new corp and immediately declares us again. Just this one single person.

Only ever flies a Legion T3 cruiser, none of us can stand up to them.

We even moved where we live about 35 jumps, moved everything we own together because we thought "Huh, maybe we're stepping on their toes or something?" but nope, they just followed us and apparently exist ONLY to attack us.

I'm now the only one who still plays, they've not renewed their subscriptions because they don't see the point, this person is always online at the same time as us and can strike any time.

When I look at the description of this person I see the character is over five years old. Why do they spend all their time harassing us? Not talking or sending messages, just attacking.

you could join tengoo and get backup from your r/eog bros

or just do npc corp

Train for vexors and kick the shit out of him if you have 4-5 people.

Also no one follows you for 35 jumps unless they really have a grudge or unless it's an alt of one of your "friends"

It's one of their alts.

Join a corporation that isn't shit.

Iirc repeated wardeccing like that can be reported.

But it's literally just me and two real-life friends, one of them is sitting on the sofa next to me right now telling me "stop bothering, it's not worth playing"

Why would one of them secretly played the game for five years without mentioning it then use that character to shit on their new one?

Then nevermind. Join a competent corporation, spend a year fighting and try the whole industry thing again, this time with some basic knowledge about fighting.

That's assuming the game doesn't die by then.

>That's assuming the game doesn't die by then.

best meme

If he is making his corp over and over again, he might be bypassing some game mechanic. Ask in help channel if it is against the rules, or submit a support ticket. Idk how hisec works.

>If he is making his corp over and over again, he might be bypassing some game mechani
No. No he is not.

There's also no reason to do that that I can think of. Only useful if YOU are the one being wardecced and close/recreate the corp.

>Idk how hisec works.
Highsec is utter garbage and griefing like this is trivial if you have spare cash.

Alternatively, make several corporations with disposable characters and switch between them on a daily basis. To keep you wardecked, he will need to wardeck all of these corporations and the cost will turn prohibitive quickly.

Making corporations is cheap and easy enough for this to be viable.

But really, get out of highsec and join someone else's corporation until you learn how to play.

Post the guy's character name.

Don't wardeccs cost more the more time it goes on and isn't there some period of time after it ends where you can't decc again?

When a war expires isn't there a period of time where you can't wardec the same people again?

Making a new corp probably gets around that.

Rejoining after a 5 year hiatus.
I applied to Dreddit because i was a nullbabby back in the day, but over the last couple days i've found solo relic hacking in WH space to be fun.

What are the good big name WH corps nowadays?

All-Out

Tengoo Uninstallation Service is one of the good big ones. Message Maqari Kinraysuwa for details.

Extending the wardec costs just as much as starting it.

But yes there is a cooldown if you don't extend it, and he may have forgotten to pay that bill I suppose.

truly ebin xD

>xD

r/eve shills at it again.

>see wardeccer on undock
>he sits literally glued to the station model
>kills noob ships

>oh mai gawd i was gtfo for my shitposting of my dead irrelevant corp
>must be the reddit guys i swear
>im totally not a shitposting faggot

>coming from the xD guy

>9 members
>big
what

Why does Pokemon XD get a free pass then

That's like 10% of eve right now with current subscriber numbers.

>kit-soon

>Skimitar

>geela

Svaipool

>Boorst

>tengoo

So I'm thinking about trying this out as it's on sale at the moment. Now my question is is there any point in getting any of the content packs and if so which one would be best? What exactly do the packs actually do?

>caress

Avoid (most of) the content packs. They give you worthless shit and cost more money.

>Axtekeror

You mean on steam? If it's on sale at 50% off buy the premium edition

>Turrent

Which ones are decent? There's the colonist pack, the explorer pack, the industrialist pack, and the skirmisher pack. I'm kind of leaning towards the colonist and industrialist packs as I dislike PvP and exploration.

But user I'm poor

>Care a call

Aren't those packs only applicable for trial accounts and then only one per account?

They're all the same sort of shit. iirc you get more stuff just from doing the tutorial.

None of those are worth it. You're throwing money away for a few million isk of novelty goods.

if i've got an existing EVE online account that i've played for years now, is it possible to move that to Steam?

If I buy the steam version will I be able to link it to my account?

>Which ones are decent? There's the colonist pack, the explorer pack, the industrialist pack, and the skirmisher pack. I'm kind of leaning towards the colonist and industrialist packs as
None of them matter. I legitimately have no idea as to why they exist other than maybe false advertising.

>I dislike PvP and exploration.
You're in for some disappointments.

Short answer : No.
Long answer : Maybe if you contact support.

tl;dr No

>Steam

You really don't want to m8, steam version is crap.

I actually kinda like the clothing in the Colonist pack, looks snazzy.

Any of it available on the market anywhere?
I'm nowhere near my eve PC so can't check.

Use Eve-central

All over the market for pennies.

Alright I guess I'll just try starting at the bottom. Thank you for your time anons!

>black/red
Why is being an edgelord so popular?

It may be black and red but it doesn't strike me as particularly edgy, it looks a bit stuffy and pompous to me.

>he

>hey user we are going to a funeral, wear that black suit pls
>OMG NO IM NOT EDGY

I think eve would be a lot better off with imperfect Intel.
Null bears gonna raise a hissy fit about making null not worth it. Its a double edged sword though a PvP won't know about your defenses or if anyone is even there.
Its too easy to get Intel on other groups and its not a terribly engaging mechanic. Its even less engaging than links. At least make me go to station or d scan to figure out what's going on in a system.

>not getting cyno dropped

>meanwhile in wspace

I just discovered the greatness of mobile tractor units when mission running. Holy crap these things are wonderful. Combine a mobile tractor unit with salvaging drones and you've got yourself very fast looting.

>not having a noctis alt

Except you're still doing it wrong.
Stuff multiple mobile tractors into your mission battleship.
Bookmark them as you drop them and leave them behind to scoop all the shit up.
Then warp over to them in your salvage ship, scooping the MTUs, the loot inside and salvage the wrecks.

Then realize you could be grinding more LP instead with your max damage rattlesnake and looting is a waste of time.

inb4 polarized machariel memes.

youtube.com/watch?v=4yBTaqiMrX4

youtube.com/watch?v=4UieJcWI-YM

That alt would be making more money market trading in a hub than salvaging.

>small gang means kiting

I've played for a couple months but haven't touched this in ages.

Can anyone recommend me some corps that won't kick me for mining or being bad at combat

Bonus points if the corp is UK based

Salvaging isn't worth shit outside a few specific missions with lots of battleship spawns.

You'd be better off using combat drones so you can clear the site faster and earn more isk/hr.

>that won't kick me for mining
Borvil miners

karmafleet. being bad is what they do. and mining is actually useful too.

[spoilers]traitors.

it's ok just say you're mining ironically

That would be All-out

Getting kicked out of there is pretty difficult. You have to be a Benji-tier retard for that to happen.

But all I've heard about all out is that they're cancer.

I'll check these lads out

And these lads too

C

There used to be custom tracking positions. Removed?

>lads

>But all I've heard about all out is that they're cancer.
Taking advice about avoiding cancer from people with tumors festering in their anuses is hardly legitimate.

No? We used to dec brave on repeat.