How much does it cost to lay down an asphalt road?

How much does it cost to lay down an asphalt road?

I'm thinking of buying some cheap land out in the middle of nowhere (like, super cheap, it's only around a thousand dollars an acre because it's hundreds of miles out in the middle of nowhere) and just pouring my own road to fuck around on. I'm willing to get a concrete and asphalt mixer and do all the work myself, I just want to get an idea of how much that costs in general

Why does that car have two wheels?

>his car doesn't have two wheels and six pedals

not a bad idea but kind of impractical
theres gotta be an abandoned parking lot you can use thats already paved, luckily for me i work at a parking company i have the keys to both their lots so i can hoon on the weekends when the lots are closed

Not cheap as far as i know.

just stick to gravel roads

by the way, where is this land you speak of?
lets be neighbors, user

It's a rare VW race car for a proposed series where each driver would control one steered wheel and one bank of the engine.

I remember hearing about $100,000 per mile.

you are crazy. it'd take you years to complete a 1 mile 1 way road, and you'd likely to die after all that work. It cost me $12K to pave ~3000 sqft, consist of front and backyard for my house, and that's took a week of prepping and cementing, utilizing a screw of 6 workers and proper cement truck.

screw = crew*

Series where to be named twin-go cup, but renault sued their asses off and blocked it.

Expensive. and asphalt generally needs to be laid hot, so you need either an older asphalt rig or to be close enough to an asphalt plant to get the shit delivered.

Then you need the heavy machinery to level the ground, compact the asphalt, etc.

To get the asphalt road to last you need to compact the dirt underneath, lay gravel and compact the gravel, then lay the asphalt and compact the asphalt.

Asphalt work is not fun.

Fucking Renault. Truly the most anti-fun manufacturer.

It's extremely expensive. $3 sqft not including grading.

A good kart track would cost like 120k.

someone already asked this, and the estimate was in the millions, for a proper race track like Road America. Maybe a 1-2 mile track is gonna be in the hundreds of thousands of dollars

>ywn build your own touge somewhere so you can legally rip it in the night without cops and oncoming traffic

just leave it as dirt/gravel and build a rally car with your asphalt money

i work in concrete masonry, and its not cheap at all, we charge 4-5k for small 20x8 drive ways, gravel is 60 bucks per 2000 lbs, that much gravel will net about 10x6 space, so do the math

why not a dirt track?

Listen to Satan

>innaTexas
>buy a bunch woods next to an old oilfield that's worthless because the oil is gone and the runnoff makes it so only mesquite can grow
>plot course
>spray ground sterilizer
>use Bobcat to clear dead stuff
>install anti-lag
>BAM BAM BAM BAM POP
>BRAAAAAAM BRAAAAMMMM

Yeah, just ask nissan

This. I have come to terms with the fact that I will never own my own paved racetrack in any capacity.

BUT, I have also learned that dirt is almost as fun. You may not be able to pull the same amount of G, but sliding around is a ton of fun too.

Just buy a bobcat, some stumpgrinders, tons of chainsaws, and build your own rally track out in the middle of the woods. Hell, build a group B car to rip it up on.

To add to this, I learned that dirt is fun on my uncle's farm. He has a nice, like 10 + acre field that he doesnt care about, that I take cars out on and rip it up. I started out mowing out a track pattern on the perimeter of the field, and then started turfing it up with cars. Eventually it became pretty defined. Its mostly a squared off oval, but I have some gentle right hand curves thrown in. Id say its probably a little less than an 1/8th mile long.

You'd have to grade out the road to make it decently smooth with either a bulldozer or motorgrader. Don't forget to compact all of your fill dirt!

Then you have to put down a layer of stone so the pavement can properly set, don't forget to compact the stone!

Then you're finally ready for asphalt. Goodluck OP, you're gonna need an assload of money even to do this yourself.