/dsg/ - Souls General

Real Moonlight Thread edition

Burned to Cinders: >DARK SOULS 3
Nothing confirmed about the DLCs yet.
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

Regulation 1.11 - Thursday 25th August
Official Patch Notes:
-The length of the Hammer skill, Perseverance (reduce damage when activated), has been increased
-Delayed the movement cancel timing of certain medium shields upon guard break
-Removed the ability to parry when using the skills -Blind Spot (Corvian Greatknife, Handmaid’s dagger) and Dancer’s Grace (Dancer’s Enchanted Swords)
-Adjusted the shield penetration properties of Harpe, Shotel, Crescent Moon Sword, Carthus Shotel, Man Serpent Hatchet and Darkdrift
-Fixed a bug where sound effects did not play properly when using Lightning Spears in quick succession
-The attack cancel timing for rapiers equipped in the left hand has been adjusted
-Several balance issues have been adjusted
-Flaws have been fixed to improve performance

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

First

>moonlight
I approve of this thread

Pontiff Sulyvahn did everything wrong

This Thread was made 27 minutes before this thread. Don't support thread wars.

Tell me everything you know about H-frames

>mad tripfag upset nobody wants to use their shit thread
of course theyre also gonna report which is aginst the rules

lucifag is cancer, but thread wars are even worse
fuck of you literal child

Still upset your waifu (male) got cock vored because of Pontiff?

Fuck off, luci you aren't fooling anyone.

Support lucy hate.
Don't reply to Lucy posts hide lucy threads

He was already vored by sneks just has something else gross under him now.

Pontiff Doggos

No, I'm mad about him teaching Lothric and Lorian to not link the flame, that shit set off literally every bad thing in the game

you children are just giving a tripfag the attention he desperately craves

Maybe we should host an FC ther-
Oh wait.

Tell me, or this fire keeper gets it.

Go away, Lautrec

Redpill me on the Deep, /dsg/

How is the Deep distinct from the Dark, if both Deep and Dark spells do dark damage?

Is the Age of Deep Water good for Man?

anyone wanna help me with grand archives on ng+?

good for god eating fat slobs, as godhood will be meaningless

gimme a sec gotta rev up the engines

>wake up
>still no gwyndolin magical girl transformation sequence
>go back to sleep

Is that ds1 or ds3 concept?

Deep is a dark beyond the ken of man. It's humanity with no master, humanity that's grown beyond the control of any master. That's also why Deep doesn't scale with anything, it's a borrowed power instead of a controlled one. Deep is basically abyss if it didn't have something like manus at the center to control it.

Red ayes means the abyss right?
That's why dark wraiths drop red eye orbs.
And why all the blobgead enimies in oolacile had red eyes.

So then, what is happening in crucifixion woods? Did farron watchdogs crucify hollows that shown signs of the abyss? But they broke free because abyss steroids? Why not just kill them?

i like this explanation

>just kill
>undead
Sure that works

Red Eyes likely have absolutely no lore meaning besides being a way to differentiate between "stronger" versions of the same enemy.

Each elemental weapon type in DaS3 has a particular niche

Fire weapons have high base damage and low scaling, being naturally strong without much stat investment.

Faith weapons are primarily physical have little to no faith scaling, but are either buffable or have a spell as a WA

Magic weapons tend to have high int scaling and are primarily elementally-focused instead of physically focused, the opposite of most faith weapons.

But in 3, there's only 1 weapon with innate dark damage and it's not really exemplative of a category. Assuming that the DLC adds more dark-based weapons, what niche would you like to see them have that sets them apart from faith, int and fire weapons?

Redo them so that there viable and don't do piss poor damage

I wanna use the saints bident for fashion souls is there anything I should infuse it with

>Deep is basically abyss if it didn't have something like manus at the center to control it.
The Abyss needs no master, and it hasn't had once since Manus died. It still persists nonetheless.

I think that it's more like the power of Humanity, uncorrupted. As in, a Human Dreg is something that you pull WAAAAAY in the deepest depths of the human soul, like the absolute most fundamental portion, darkest of Humanity.

The Abyss is like taking Humanity and letting mutate, and deriving power from it's out-of-control, corrupted state. The Deep is taking advantage of the inherent (natural) power within.

It's like the distinction between normal fire and chaos fire, if that make sense.

>Prisoner's Chain increase damage taken by 1%
>gives you 15 stats
Who thought this out? It's the equivalent of the DaS1 Ring of Favor

Is that good?

If you were to make a DLC for DeS, what would you do?

Hardmode: No 6th Archstone

You take more than just 1% more, it's noticable

5 Vig which is more than 1% HP on most builds, 5 End which is relevant to everyone, and 5 Vit which saves you stat points on most builds

I've tested in PvE and PvP, it's literally 1.2% at most

Can't infuse it, can you? If you mean buff, either lightning or darkmoon

How do we make the Farron Memesword good?

So did they change it?
It used to give a huge increase.
Is it better than FaP assuming you use it to hit the softcaps?

I wanna make a lautrec build. Is the shotel quality or can I just pour Dex into it?

Wrong. It lowers absorption by 10% across the board.

This is how defence vs damage taken is calculated in Shit Souls 3
>If DEF >8x ATK, deal damage equal to 0.10 * ATK

>If DEF >ATK, deal damage equal to (19.2/49 * (ATK/DEF-0.125)^ 2 +0.1) * ATK

>If DEF >0.4x ATK, deal damage equal to (-0.4/3 * (ATK/DEF-2.5)^ 2 +0.7) * ATK

>If DEF >0.125x ATK, deal damage equal to (-0.8/121 * (ATK/DEF-8)^ 2 +0.9) * ATK

>If DEF

It's only as good as FaP in that it gives you a good boost in stats without any drawbacks at all

FaP +2, Prisoner's Chain, Life Ring +3, Sun Princess is probably a really good ring setup for pvp, unless you wanna use Leo or Hornet or something

So, basically fucking nothing, then?

I mean if I have a choice between one or the other, is FaP or Chain better?

>The Abyss needs no master, and it hasn't had once since Manus died. It still persists nonetheless.
Naw bro, the abyss IS Manus. It's his humanity, bearing his will and under his control. When he died, it just dispersed and re-coalesced into 4 children of dark, who each set about pushing their own abyssal influence on their respective kingdoms. When they were defeated, it simply scattered again. The Abyss always has a master, because the very attribute that makes it abyssal is its master's lingering will. That's what drives abyss to form, return, spread and twist whatever it consumes.

But Darklurker was the master of the Abyss in 2

There wasn't an abyss in 2, just the old chasms where the abyss had once been. Wheelchair guy even tells you that the abyss dissipated, and what you're visiting are the sacred sites where it once resided.

The Darklurker lurks in the dark within you

Dunno about that one, bruh.

The central defining characteristic of the Abyss is that it obeys no one. It's humanity gone WILD. Out of control, mutated. Having it be under anyone's control runs kind of counter to this central concept. Even in spells that explicitly track people like Pursuers, all you're doing is granting a will to the spell, and then the spell does what it pleases. Once it's cast it's under no-ones control but it's own. It's chaotic, like the flames of chaos, it eve mutates people into random awfsdlgahsdlsd forms like chaos does.

Besides, Manus' "motivation" isn't to spread the Abyss, his motivation is GIB PENDANT PLS. The Abyss is kind of spreading willy-nilly, it isn't very targeted at all.

The humanity sprites in the Chasm of the Abyss aren't attacking you because Manus is commanding them to do it, they're not even "attacking" you at all, they just want a hug but their caustic nature kind of ruins the moment.

Furthermore, out of all the daughters of manus, the only one that wanted to spread the Abyss is Nashandra. The other 3 didn't really care (as far as we know), and none of their kingdoms even showed much signs of Abyss corruption in the first place.

>The central defining characteristic of the Abyss is that it obeys no one.
I;d hesitate to call this a defining trait considering that the abyss originates from a single individual. There's a FATHER of the Abyss, and the abyss inherently carried the biding of that master. All permeutations of the abyss are derived from that originator and his will.

If you seem to think that being masterless is a necessary condition for an abyss to be as such. then the issue here is that you've fundamentally misunderstood what the abyss actually is. Friendly reminder that projecting your own headcanon onto the game's lore doesn't make you a loremaster.

I think the problem is that you never had contact with the abyss while a normal being was controlling it

>There's a FATHER of the Abyss, and the abyss inherently carried the biding of that master
"Reminder that projecting your own headcanon onto the games lore does not make you a loremaster"

Is it the will of Manus that the Pursuers that I fire at dickass invader #999 track their target? I don't see how that could be, considering that the invader doesn't have the broken pendant equipped.

Furthermore, in all of these games, these abyssal spells (which channel the Abyss) state that the spells have a will "of their own." Not that they "inherit the will of the Father of the Abyss."

If Shandra and Co. were acting under daddy's orders, they would still be obsessed with finding that goddamn pendant, not spreading the darkness.

FaP+2 is +10% hp/stamina/equip, it's really good and indispensable

>hesitate to call [the abyss being independent of its creators will] a defining trait considering that the abyss originates from a single individual.
This is a silly statement to make because there are so many counter examples to make. Is Chaos eternally bound to the will of the Witch of Izalith, because she was it's sole creator? No, of course not, it's expressly stated that the Witch lost control of her creation and it went wild.

raw is good

I always thought red eye orbs are like little red stones that channel and absorb sin so you could murder people, does that sound right? It explains why crackeds break and your stance when you use one

then why does your sin level still rise in DaS1 and DaS2 with every misdeed, if the stone is absorbing the sin?

Also, this would imply that the stone wouldn't work for anyone with 0 sin

Hey, playing NG+ Lost Sinner right now on SotFS. Anyone want to help me out?

SL: 134
Nah Alma God of Blood

>SL: 134
Should have told us your SM, because it is more important for matchmaking.

Prisoner's chain allows you to save some stats in VIG and END, allowing you to get some more shit squeezed into your build. Pretty damn useful. Damage increase is noticable, but when combined with rofap +2 hp increase outweighs increased damage. My recomendation for your ring setup would be:
Life ring +3 into sun princess ring after the first hit
Leo Ring/Chloranthy Ring depending on your weapon of choice, You can also run priestess ring to cast Tears of Denial/Replenishment and then change back into leo ring/Chloranthy
Prisoner's Chain
RoFaP +2

I haven't played DaS3 for a bit. Currently, do any weapons still kill in 1 hit with backstabs? Do any knives? Planning on creating a new build in preparation for the DLC.

>Currently, do any weapons still kill in 1 hit with backstabs?
None. It it literally impossible unless you are running tumblebuffed BKGA with 60 INT CMW and 60/60 DEX/STR with fucking RTSR, morion blade and power within.

So they nurfed weapons like the Winged Knight Twinaxes? What is currently the best dagger to use?

>So they nurfed weapons like the Winged Knight Twinaxes?
Wat?
>What is currently the best dagger to use?
Refined mail breaker for backstabs and ripostes and corvian greatknife for actually fighting with them

>Wat?
With the hornet ring equipt, they would give you a guaranteed kill with a backstab.

>With the hornet ring equipt, they would give you a guaranteed kill with a backstab.
Must have been a bug or something, because there is no fucking way winged knight twinaxes would do enough damage to oneshot a person with 40 VIG and hp increasing rings even with horney ring.