My first car

Before you said anything, yes I read the sticky. This post is not against the rules

I am gonna buy my first car and I can afford something 20,000 and under. I want it to be manual, fast and cheapish to maintain (so probably japanese)

So far my list of cars:
Hyundai genesis coupe
Impreza WRX STI
S2000
350z
G35 coupe
Lancer evo

Any I should add or stay away from?

Get a G35. Nothing of value will be lost when you crash it.

Does it suck that bad?

None. Shut up and buy a civic. You'll just crash anything powerful.

He's salty he can't afford one. It's just a slightly fatter 350z

You mean get a wrx because those are honest to God trash

>cant afford a G35
Dude please. Im not even the guy you replied to but a monkey with a minimum wage job could afford a G35

So why don't you own one
>Inb4 miata or wrx

Manual user?

Why not a c5? They are easily in that budget and cheap to maintain.

Are they okay with maintenance?

don't finance as your first car. get a sub $5k older jap car, you can learn to work on a cheap one, or if you find a decent example you do not have to do too much work, get used to driving it and such, then once you have good skills move on to a better car

How old are you? This will determine which car you can buy... If you're 18, to get the STi or Evo is going to be around $500 a month in insurance. The others are a bit less, but not by that much.

Anything 2006 and under is going to show its age and you'll need to replace a lot of things. If you don't mind being broke and stranded, go for a C5 vette.

For something new go for a Fiesta ST.

>but I want to look cool

This is the dumbest phase a lot of us go through starting out. Get an FRS/BRZ then, even though it's outbeat by the Fiesta.

I'd just get a miata as my first honestly. You're gonna want a new car in a year anyway.

Whoops didn't read your post properly

I am gonna be 21 soon

No, corvettes are not good with maintenance. It was a $50,000 car.

Here's a rule of cars: If a car costs $50,000, it's going to require being maintained like a $50,000 car.

Get me?

It was an innovation for its time, new concepts that were mostly untested. They break.

No

e92 335i. pick one up for 15k, put a jb4 tune on it, boom, high 12's. shit doesn't break a lot either, n54 engine is amazing.

Supras cost $50,000. NSXes cost more.

>Shit doesn't break
>Posts a engine that breaks all the time

Broke and stranded?
Here's the thing with vettes. Basic maintenance? Same as any 12+ year old car. Now if you want to mod it, that's where it gets expensive. But basic maintenance isn't bad. Sure, you could find a cheap shitbox with $5 parts. But for cost it's hard to beat a c5. Any car will have its issues/quirks. I've had my c5z for 4 months now. Small window, yes, but haven't had any "maintenance" costs yet. Only costly maintanence is tires, will concede that.