Abarth 124 Reviews

>This is the best engine yet to grace the MX-5 platform. It makes a playground of every first, second and third-gear corner, and brings calm assurance to overtakes.
>There’s such delicious balance and transparency to everything it does that within a mile you’re flicking to Sport for its sharper responses, knocking off the stability control and having a blast in a car that delivers all that the GT86 and MX-5 promised and didn’t wholly deliver.
>And then the turbo gets to work, its efforts parcelled out by the LSD, and you can set your angle of travel with hilarious ease. Yes, the turbo does alter the character. But in a good way.
>Forget the MX-5: there’s something Caterham 160-esque in the way that the car's chuckable balance, predictable limit handling and robust lateral body control have you joyfully whittling away the tread of the rear tyres at the exit of every sharp bend.

carmagazine.co.uk/car-reviews/abarth/abarth-124-spider-2016-review/
topgear.com/car-reviews/124-spider/first-drive-0
autocar.co.uk/car-review/fiat/124-spider/first-drives/2016-abarth-124-spider-prototype-drive

kek i knew it was gonna be good but this is just too much. shame about the pricing for eurofags though

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sTJ9XeFWSyY
youtube.com/watch?v=1GglRPaz0Yo
blog.caranddriver.com/new-abarth-124-spider-rally-is-an-epic-300-hp-throwback-race-car/
youtu.be/bhxN5w03yS0?t=67
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Copperhead
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Demon_Concept
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

autocross vid: youtube.com/watch?v=sTJ9XeFWSyY

not surprised
and this is BEFORE tuning, after tuning you're looking at 230 to the wheels, which is a whole other level of madness

and eventually a turbo or modernized dorito will make a monster

>eventually a turbo
you mean....a bigger turbo? it's turbo stock dude

more turbo

i also can't wait for reliability reports for this car

>mfw this car will be more reliable than the ND because its transmission won't shit itself
>mfw in the years to come people would rather just swap a 1.4 multiair into their ND instead of turbo'ing their high comp engines

>inb4 hurr durr le FCA = shit meeme

Is this the true eurobeat godmachine everyone was waiting for?
But seriously this thing is going to strangle the ND, whats the point of buying one when for 2k extra you can get this in the states? Mazda have to have something up their sleeves, right? Mazdaspeed ND soon?

>muh miata heritage
>muh "le fca a shit and japenese cars a reliable" meme
>muh true N/A throttle response

>modernized dorito
LOL, wankels are shit regarding literally every aspect.

>muh true N/A throttle response

2nd most common thing I've heard. 1st being mentions of some Tony fellow that hasn't been relevant since the 80s.

It sounds great, It's a shame i prefer the looks of the mazda though.

>Just swap the engine or body panels

Maybe in 10-15 years. Not keen on buying a new car and chopping it up.

I know man. that's why I took both in my explains

tony is alive and well, most everything else in the fiat lineup falls to pieces

this will be the exception since the only fiat bits will be
>the engine
>the exahust
>the body panels
>the headlights/tail lights
>the DME

and in the 500 abarth which shares this engine, the engine's rock solid according to long term owners

shut up America you know nothing about fiat

>implying Americans decided to hate fiat on their own
They learnt it from the people who drive them.

Why does it make old car noises? It sounds like my friend's old celica that had a hole in the exhaust.

In my opinion, all that performance upgrade ought to be done on the much better looking Miata.

too bad mazda is run at the moment by dipshits that don't believe in turbo sports cars

>muh miata heritage

it's funny how people don't realize the 124 has had a much more extensive and accomplished motorsport history than the miata.

The body roll is sickening.

Will they ever make a hardtop/fastback version?

I wouldn't bet on it.
Removable hardtop will look like sex on it though

It's a pretty ugly car tbqh

What's the price difference between the rally and the street versions? and will both be available in America?

youtube.com/watch?v=1GglRPaz0Yo

i know that, on the 500 abarth at least, everything falls to fucking pieces EXCEPT the engine

>miata ND
>better looking
Are you fucking stupid

You obviously have a very bad taste if you prefer that mismatched mess of a car.

Trips confirm your autism

twin turbo

Now what they need to do is make a 124 coupe...

>The only caveat is that you can’t buy it, at least, unless you’re keen on taking it rallying in the FIA’s R-GT class during the 2017 season

blog.caranddriver.com/new-abarth-124-spider-rally-is-an-epic-300-hp-throwback-race-car/

>Swap in a flat plane crank Voodoo
>Poor Man's Ferrari Special

I C A N ' T W A I T

>weight distribution fucked up
>little dick syndrome satisfied

Americans.

The spider is ugly as fuck. It looks like a dildo from the side.

>I like angry headlights!!!

>hacked together shitty version of a California
sounds great

Screen cap this, twin turbo rotary swapped 124 from an rx9 or rx10 equivalent will become the holy grail when fiatas reach NA miata prices

>I like dildos

>that fucking sound

god damn

Italians have the best sound. That's why when the japs made initial D they hired Italians to make their music.

Seriously? How has everyone's standard fallen so fucking low?

Here, I bet you think this sounds good too:

youtu.be/bhxN5w03yS0?t=67

God damn it, I am going to fuck around and buy one of these new.....

>hot gluing an iPad to the center dash
fucking cancer.

Going against your own advice? Stop shopping with your dick LPG

yeah, my wankel shits all over your car

You're just another jalopnik NA miata RWD dickhead

isn't that basically unavoidable? I mean, there's also going to be some effect on throttle response, even if it's very small.

>Fiat
>Fix
>It
>Again
>Tony

what

I know I know. This car just fucking pushed all the right buttons for me in a way I was hoping the ND would but didn't.

Looks great.
Sounds great.
Fantastic, tunable engine.
Early reviews have all been fantastically positive
No idiotic optioning scheme like Mazda has with the ND

Wut? It's going to be a great car

this post is so full of fucking bullshit and buzzwords its sad

the car will be disapointing like every car ever made ever

>weight distribution fucked up

LS then (^:

He's one of those asspained civic drivers that shit up every thread with their butthurt

Looks cool but I'd feel like such a cuck financing a new car

that sounds like shit, the abarth is burbly and crackles while that shitbox exhaust is monotone with lots of drone.

it sounds awful in park though, they have a rev limiter at like 2k and it does NOT sound good that low

it needs at least 4k, under load, before it sounds really good

do it LPG i'll buy it off you in a year when it's worth 22k

>do it LPG i'll buy it off you in a year when it's worth 22k

Hell no, if I buy one new, I'll end up keeping it 10+ years. The god damn Fiat dealership in Raleigh/Cary just needs to hurry the fuck up and get one. Talked to them last week, they ae supposed to have them in showrooms by July

Your contrarian opinions aren't impressing anyone here.

My abarth 500 depreciated so bad I'm still paying for it. I'll never buy another fiat..

>buying the 500 new
but why

I bet my car can make more miles with a full tank than yours before having to replace your apex seals :^)

that would be a dumb bet user

These are only $30k, right?

I kinda want one to replace my Civic, but then I'd have two convertibles. It looks really great though, Fiat nailed what Mazda couldn't

The Abarth starts at 28,175

A fully optioned out one, with every bell and whistle you can add (which is basically the luxury package and the brembo brake package) is about 35K

bit more than that considering the extra paintjob is dealership exclusive

>they ae supposed to have them in showrooms by July
YES
is it a nationwide rollout to showrooms or a weird partial thing where some dealers get it months before others?

>mini-snek when

son are you even aware of the difference between a miata and a viper

Will probably buy one when I graduate and get a real job. I expect these cars to deprecate like mad.

One sells, the other doesn't.

Yes, the miata weighs a lot less, handles better, has a better power to weight ratio, is cheaper, and won't rape you on repair costs.

>buying a fiat
You deserved it. Is your name Megan?

it's your own fault
you could have kept it and not ttried to sell it so you wouldnt have to worry about depreciateing

so why did you even compare it to a viper in the first place?

The first car I learnt to drive in was a Fiat, my first car and current project car is a Mazda.

The 124 is THE GOD MACHINE for me, the offspring of two of the best brands that have graced the automotive world and the ones I love the most.

Now, if only I werent a thirdworldfag...I can only hope the great reviews make them sell like crazy so I can afford one when Im an adult.

Brasil pls you still get good fiats

Low end torque is for bad drivers

It's useful for city situations where you don't rev to high heaven you boyracer.

Bullshit.

Brazilian made Fiats, surprisingly, are very well made. I got first-hand experiences and the engines, despite being old designs, have been updated enough that they can give their Chebby/Renault counterparts a humilliating rape with even half a liter displacement difference while being cheaper. The chassis isnt bad either for an econobox, their only weak-spot is their extremely cheap interiors and equipment but besides that theyre great value for money.

Who wouldve known a brazilian-built, italian-designed would be any good?

>benchracing this hard

Let me remind you that your daily driver has plenty of low end torque thanks to its long-stroke turbodiesel engine. Cuz it's a fucking bus.

Low-end torque is what wins naughty city encounters. In tight city streets matters shit having an engine that can rev to 8k rpm when your engine has lolnotorks under 5k.

>yet another tablet-stuck-on-dash memedash
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Looks like the thing is understeering a lot, too.

son are you even aware of baby snek

yeah we believe you, keep shilling, maybe that mjet tripfag might give you a cockjob
+20 BR have been added to your account

Believe whatever you want fuckboy, youre the one talking out of your ass about a fucking great brand.

if i was legit to take a loan.
this car would been my 1st time to buy a brand new car. sad point is. no coupe/Hard top version.
i would have sold everything i won to buy THAT!

fucking hell i cannot contextualize how bad i want this

fug that looks so right

10 cents has been deposited to your bank account Pajeet.

>indian
>shilling a german company
>for a japanese car

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Copperhead

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Demon_Concept

>mfw dodge demon could become an actual thing if fiat decides to pull out of the states again
>mfw mopar is already making performance parts for the 124

at least use an italian name or something you're confusing people

> what is outsourcing