/kfg/ - Killing Floor General

Missing the old gang edition

>Latest patch
forums.tripwireinteractive.com/forum/killing-floor-2/kf2-news-and-announcements/news-and-announcements-af/2267746-kf-1042-preview-changelog

>KF2 Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/kf2vg

>Maps and Mods by /kfg/
pastebin.com/QkMNdNPj

>user's guide to modding sounds
pastebin.com/UTnM0yb8

>Useful console commands for testing:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=424641626

>Spreadsheet with lots of stats about perks, damage, weapons, etc:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GDpg2mN1l_86U_RaDug0glFx8cZCuErwxZLiBKl9SyY/

>Grind map for gaining XP fast:
kf2.gamebanana.com/maps/187635

>Mapping/modding help, bugs, tweaks, downloads, and extra stuff:
pastebin.com/w5jdaGVn

>Old 2015 /kf2g/ pastebin info (old server IPs):
pastebin.com/gCA9DkDw

EU servers:
open 85.236.101.21:8077?password=rage
open 51.254.187.123:7777

US server:
open 173.199.103.120:23000

Full release date: November 18 on PC and PS4.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/killingfloor/comments/4yln4a/if_a_zed_is_blocking_and_you_still_manage_to_get/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ded

Didn't even notice it went over the bump limit, thats a first

I thought another thread wasn't going to be posted.

>play with some guy from a discord chat room
>lvl 25 berserker
>i host and find us a suicidal game
>he dies on round one
>"Why is this so hard, oh we're on suicidal"
>"Why aren't we playing normal"

What kind of person finds that remotely fun

Normal is awful and I don't get how anyone could enjoy it past level 5.

People that have learning disabilities. You're dealing with multiple times the health when you bodyshot everything. You also have to have situational awareness (look around) which requires tense effort.

Some people just want to shoot the zombies while they take a break from mailing Jim those files on the Miranda Report, and filing their tax returns.

Because its the only relevant difficulty

In this story, are you the zerker or is he?

In PvP, is it possible to play as a friendly Zed that attacks AI-controlled Zeds to protect the human team? That would be fun.

>an idea so bad that it wouldn't be strange to think it's already in the works
Tripwire please leave.

>katana as zerker weapon
So did they give up on martial autist?

Yes.

Not enough developer days, I see

Any grind map for SS yet?

So back to the slower posts

What skills do you guys run on gunslinger?

>...friendly Zed that attacks AI-controlled Zeds...
Yeah, pic related when?

>Quick Draw
>Rack em' up
>Speedloader
>Skullcracker
>Fanfire

Anything else is heresy.

His outfits coming soon, dont worry

JUST
FUCKING
TELL
ME
THE
NAME
OF
THE
NEW
PERK
TRIPKEKS

they're waiting for you to tell them

>81%

>somebody saved my old kf-mall graffiti oc

>Somebody saved my animeme mosaic Scully

Yeah it's called Hillside

If you can't git gud and solo that map you dont deserve to level up

>Somebody saved me †

>being a christcuck

>not being a man of christ and getting on your knees for the lord daily
Heathen, you probably don't enjoy the KF2 soundtrack because its "christian" metal

>level 25 berserker joins normal and dies
Who are these people and why are they always berserkers?

I actually enjoyed the soundtrack enough to buy it

Because the medic wasnt healing my ass

>It's a 'Level 25 Berserker in a suicidal game without any medics, and there are three swats under level 15' episode.

>2016
>Not being a Greco-Roman Pagan and rightly worshiping our magnificent father the Indomitable Sun

>2016
>UNIRONICALLY believing that a rebellious Nazarene from the Judea Province is a deity

Wow
WOW

The only good Greco-Roman thing to be doing nowadays is Greco-Roman style wrestling.

Y-yeah, I finished my presentation. N-no, you can't see it. It's not going to be what you expect...

>If you sprint/togglesprint and your weapons have no ammo you can't weapon bash and you just keep sprinting
>but if you have 1 bullet or more in the gun it weapon bashes just fine while sprinting

In original KF mod for UT2004 you could play as as stalker skin

>implying the new perk won't be dropped when some dev spills his spaghetti on livestream and says something he shouldn't

>implying half the code for the new perk won't be in some 3.8 GB update bugfix

Well show us it

sorry, can't be bothered, I've already spent too much time googling for that image

>Less than three months until game is finished
It won't be dead on arrival, right?

Hope not.

it's already dead

You know I've been trying Donovan out lately and he's pretty good.

dead fucking game

no

dead as FUCK

>Tha Loard is mye shepperd ahnd mye forrtriss. Mye Gohd inn whoomme I trust.

What did he mean by this?

>No thicc Support ass.

I'm still trying to figure out what he means when he says "WATTAH WATTAH".

water

Maybe the patch going into the main branch will help a little bit.

wew

guys, the thermal drill, go get it

Fuck off Bain. Go back to Payday 2.

>It's a "Blackspawn goes on the forum and derails ANOTHER thread to bitch about the same old shit and beat the dead horse for the ten billionth time" episode

I got banned from there a while ago, how shit is it

I'm happy shitposting in the official discord 2bh

Things are a little better thanks to this quality update. It's strange though that none of the usual fanboys are around. At least Blackie isn't being taken seriously anymore. A lot of the regulars seem tired of him saying the same old shit.What was your ban for?

Can't say lest someone backtracks me here, actual Tripwire devs are in the discord

Fair enough.
I just enjoy getting up to MISCHIEF on the forums for a giggle.

Not even a generic explanation? Like you said something mean/offensive, something a dev didn't agree with, or they felt you were being too entitled?

Idk dude I just don't want more babies crying at me, and if there's a community full of children it's the tripwire defense force

>community full of children it's the tripwire defense force

Truth.

Yeah I don't blame you. Some of them are honestly obsessed. There was a Euro who tried to "retake" the forums from the """haters""" for a while. Little shit was funny until he started stalking people across the forums though.

He always tried to turn every conversation into a way to bait someone into sounding like they were saying something bannable so he could try and call the mods on then. Thought he was so fucking clever.
He didn't feel so clever once I dragged him into his own trap and he caught a ban.

It was such a laugh, he was so despised that people actually made a thread celebrating his ban and thanking the mods.

He disappeared a short time after his ban expired. Guess he was upset that the mods weren't his personal army.

I regret blowing my load so early, so much shit that goes on in steam forums

Don't blow your load so to speak on useless stuff that's my advice

>Been up to MISCHIEF on the forums since 2015
>Received exactly one ban ever for just one day
>Mod later PMs me
>Wants to apologise for seeming heavy handed earlier
>Proceed to have pleasant conversation about the state of the community

Contrary to the fans, the current TW mods are pretty cool.

Which one; official TWI or Steam?

always steam

TWI mods need to approve each and every one of your posts on the forums first :^)

Wanna shove that FP head up my ass.

It's not the official discord btw. It's the /r/killingfloor discord. There happens to be a lot of tripwire devs tho, and they also have some degree of permissions, including deleting channels, who knows what else they could do.
Pretty shady...

I know the reason why most people don't like him is because he's BACK ON ALL PISTONS, but he's a fun I'M A NEW MAN.

I think the main reason people don't like him is because he's black.

reddit.com/r/killingfloor/comments/4yln4a/if_a_zed_is_blocking_and_you_still_manage_to_get/

has anyone mentioned this?

late reply, but he was the 25 zerker, I was a level 20 support

>tfw we played a normal game afterwards and he still managed to die

Quality Tripwire Programming.

New devstream when
Need some inside
They need to do more streams and bring more news to keep hype

How do I separate voice files from the language files?

I've been thinking about endless mode

how would they handle things like joining games in progress and dying/respawning?

Depends if it's balanced around a time limit or waves completed.
I'd imagine it'd be like it is now and you respawn the next wave.
If it's a time limit, after 1-2 minutes of being dead or joining in progress would seem fine.

it's probably when he's on fire
Classic Masterson sometime screams "thirsty" lmao

Anyone know how the fuck you get the Cardboard knight outfit? I saw a dev wearing it during the stream but its not in the actual store and its not tradable/marketable

It'll probably be in the store for the live release, since currently it's just a beta build and usually in any game a beta doesn't allow transactions.
(Yes I know there's plenty of games in EA, KF2 included, that accept money for ingame items, but I meant specifically the beta version of this release.)

>he was the zerk
That just makes it even worse

How do I install that abandon all v3 mod in the pastebin?

anyone else miss the music ticker that popped up at the start of waves for the music? I just recently noticed its missing and was disapointed

>we'll never get a payday 2 crossover which includes one weapon of each per perk

It has to be a bug, literally 0 reason to remove it unless they've fucked up the HUD in some way.

>tfw every perk feels good now except firebug

I don't know how they fucked it up but god firebug is awful, I feel like pissing on zeds would be more effective than using any FB weapons

the next thing they need to do is add more weapons so we don't buy the same shit every single round

I am perfectly happy with firebug being shit.
It's a boring perk, and it also makes zeds unpredictable and obscures vision.
There's very little depth in holding m1 at zeds and waiting for them to kindly die.
but if you're really pro, you'll aim at the floor AND tap fire
High skill ceiling right there.

Just revert the zed shrapnel and splash damage nerfs or give firebug more damage.
The only thing firebug does better is runing other players aim and taking so little effort that there'd be no difference if you were using a controller.

Haven't played in a while, about to get back in.
Are Hans gas grenades a threat again?
I remember way back they dropped a 100hp 150ap Medic in less than two seconds on only Hard. Long since then it was a mild annoyance to stand in them simply for the lack of visibility.
I want to actually be worried when he throws shit my way.
Other than that I know "Albino Crawlers" are apparently some bullshit according to my friend.

No, sadly

Albino Crawlers just fuck up your vision + camera shake

>Are Hans gas grenades a threat again?
Nope. But he can throw those and his normal grenades on the move which makes him way more dangerous.
Not to mention he blocks and dodges now.
>Other than that I know "Albino Crawlers" are apparently some bullshit according to my friend.
They're "bullshit" in the annoying sense. They're not difficult to fight nor do they hurt particularly much, but goddamn are they fucking annoying.
On HoE it literally spawns 1/3rd of all Crawlers as Albino Crawlers and they outrun any perk. Their gas cloud has a bigger radius than the actual in-game radius implies and it lasts for what feels like 30 seconds (it's "only" 15 seconds.)

>passworded tripwire official servers
?