Is it worth buying a manual of a non Si Civic?

Is it worth buying a manual of a non Si Civic?

yep, any civic is worth buying

Yeah
Civics are decent cars by themselves
Si is better if you can get it

Thanks, I just hope I don't get buyer's remorse and wish I had an Si instead. But if the 1.8 feels peppy enough with the 5 speed I really don't give a shit, I'd rather have a manual I can beat on and still get amazing gas mileage.

Pointless. Why bother with manual if it's a commuter. Unless you daily an actual sports car, you'll end up hating it.
>because you really need to "feel" that 150hp 4 cylinder fwd in action

If you want a reliable and somewhat fun dd yes.

Actually smaller engines perform better with a manual.

Plus newer Civics have a god awful CVT, I'd rather row my own gears.

Because manual is better even if the car is a 3cylinder geo metro now fuck off autosperg.
Op I DD a 2015 civic 1.8 5 speed. It can be painfully slow and underpowered. But it's a decent vehicle. I'm averaging 34.4mph right now

I can confirm the CVT is shit. Get it in manual or you'll regret it I promise you OP

Hahaha oh yeah bro, you'll really enjoy those 15 mph pulls onto Vons.
Instead of just chilling and enjoying the mpgs in that fwd ecobox.
But sure, go ahead and rice it out while you're at it

>Op I DD a 2015 civic 1.8 5 speed. It can be painfully slow and underpowered. But it's a decent vehicle. I'm averaging 34.4mph right now

But is it fun to drive?

There's also a 2013 5 speed automatic...

Bump

Define fun to drive?
It has torque when you need it and gets good gas mileage plus manual trans. Other than that it's slower than fuck.
What do you mean rice? You act like its dumb to drive an econobox that's manual rather than auto.
You also act like manual transmission should be restricted to faster sports cars. If you believe this kill yourself

>You also act like manual transmission should be restricted to faster sports cars. If you believe this kill yourself

There is literally no point shifting yourself in a car that was designed to get the best mileage which is automatic these days. There's a reason manuals are all but extinct in non sport cars.

>Define fun to drive?
Peppy feeling, good throws (not rubbery)

I'd like to have a car I can rev up and work the gearbox more often than in something fast where I'm driving slow and never using its potential. I want something I can hoon in without breaking the speed limit too quickly.

Si > mazda 3 > 1.8 civic
If you're set on not getting the Si at least get a mazda 3 since fun is clearly a factor to you.

why wouldn't you get the SI? isn't it like 2k more?

This is literally the most stupid shit I have read all day. Fuck off auto driver
Shifting is very responsive and great. Not rubbery. 6800 rpm recline. Granted it only has 143hp it's got economy mode like the others do. Decently crafted interior and exterior it has aux USB and such in it. The biggest thing I hate about it is the steering wheel. It doesn't have a pass through hole on the bottom of you wanted to hold it like a handle bar on long trips. Seats are uncomfortable on trips more than an hour long. No lumbar adjustments. Maintenance is easy as fuck (I work at Honda so I do it for free) and it has full under body skid plates covering the underside of it all in all I recommend it.
The si is almost 5k more and is sold out across north America if you were looking for a brand new one

Mazda3 is a hyped up econobox with unproven reliability

Get the Si. Trust me, I've learned the hard way.

If you're getting a non Si get the manual, my friend has a '14 coupe with the CVT and he said he wishes he got the manual. He said it feels slower than his old 4cyl auto '06 Optima.

Yeah it's fine as long as you don't expect it to be similar to the si

2013, 1.8 owner here. I agree, recently drove an automatic and it felt much more underpowered than my manual.
The gearing is quite nice, and shifting properly can make the best of the 1.8.

I just got the EP3 Si recently and can confirm the fun factor gains over the standard commute box.

Unless if you're set on the modern one, you may want to consider the older Si models.