/fog/ - Fallout General

The Ayys are Coming Edition

Nuka World trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=DIneiOpuS2M

>fog/ Mod Archive
fogmods.weebly.com

>CK
creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Fallout 4 General Information (Read Before Asking Questions)
pastebin.com/UkxVHYQB

>Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Links
pastebin.com/x1yeAmcP

>The Art of Fallout 4
mega.nz/#!vQkWVLpD!nBOiJBqgYriOJNkjU8OqxSFOfpKJHYWT6wZunopd6Fg

>Fallout 4 Item IDs
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9quAMtGK70aptz0t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

>Fallout 4 Legendary Effects & IDs Guide
pastebin.com/qg0KhsCA

>Fallout 4 Settlement Mods & Information
pastebin.com/QJquVveh

>HOW TO CONVERT SKYRIM / OBLIVION / NV / FO3 ETC MODELS TO FO4 + Bodyslide Guide
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

>Fallout 3/NV
pastebin.com/wVAqLvCD

>Archive
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/fog/

>/aco/ Thread
(nsfw)

>/y/ Thread
(nsfw)

Prewar thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!H4w2EBBA!m4w5As6tSBpNUIDQnkegrZDX__sYZcjjzUiE7GLKGtE
www114.zippyshare.com/v/qwzO6Xxg/file.html
www114.zippyshare.com/v/Tfj6SwnZ/file.html
www114.zippyshare.com/v/TGfnfpSo/file.html
www114.zippyshare.com/v/jX0D2VNw/file.html
www114.zippyshare.com/v/IgutjQSc/file.html
www114.zippyshare.com/v/zb3GAYzD/file.html
www114.zippyshare.com/v/lAJaZOBW/file.html
www114.zippyshare.com/v/tYc8SP8i/file.html
www114.zippyshare.com/v/0cAdYqxh/file.html
www114.zippyshare.com/v/8QFtgz6c/file.html
www114.zippyshare.com/v/GHXbMmbp/file.html
www114.zippyshare.com/v/Y8RIj6oL/file.html
www114.zippyshare.com/v/mItl2QAy/file.html
www114.zippyshare.com/v/tZI6KjRW/file.html
www111.zippyshare.com/v/H8zVyk5l/file.html
www111.zippyshare.com/v/z02f3xNx/file.html
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17562/?
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8276/?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Mags is the best

Avellone is right. A civilized wasteland would be shit.

Are there any consequences to giving all the territory to one gang?

Give me your best settlement mods.

yeah the other gangs probably riot if giving the operators and disciples even land in the commonwealth taught me anything.

I heard something about a new revolver in Nuka-World? Is there also a pump-action or lever action shotgun? I need to go all cowboy

>pump-action or lever action shotgun

NEVER
EVER

>I heard something about a new revolver in Nuka-World?
Currently uses the regular .44 model with different grips and the standard long barrel.
Some people think they're waiting for release to include a new model with it, but who knows.

>Is there also a pump-action or lever action shotgun?
Neither, and thank christ they didn't. They don't know how to do looping reloads so they would fuck it up again.

>They don't want to do looping reloads
FTFY

And a never ending wasteland is shit. That is why fantasy is dull as fuck. Centuries go by. 1000+ ysars go by and tech never evolves.

Another day another day another day. Ever feel like you're wasting your life?

Just like Africa Tbh

every single day off course

Time you enjoyed wasting isn't wasted time.

So the pack will riot in your scenario? Does that mean they're wiped out?

Where is the Samurai armor?

You're right of course

NCR won the Dam, Ulysses nuked the NCR at the end of Lonesome Road, President Kimball got assassinated at his visit to Hoover Dam

[citation needed]

I recall this same bullshit when Fallout 4 came out and people claimed the caravan guards at bunker hill claimed the NCR won the dam, and then it was proven they said no such thing at all.

Posting Nuka World mega if anyone still needs it:
mega.nz/#!H4w2EBBA!m4w5As6tSBpNUIDQnkegrZDX__sYZcjjzUiE7GLKGtE

Thought it would be something special, but that's expecting too much of them

Has Bethesda changed anything in any of the DLCs between beta and release?

Made some more progress with this thing. I jumped the gun and didn't add bones to this but it should be an easy fix.

How many settlements does nuka world add? I know the red rocket outside is one, but are there any others?

That the update one? if not

www114.zippyshare.com/v/qwzO6Xxg/file.html
www114.zippyshare.com/v/Tfj6SwnZ/file.html
www114.zippyshare.com/v/TGfnfpSo/file.html
www114.zippyshare.com/v/jX0D2VNw/file.html
www114.zippyshare.com/v/IgutjQSc/file.html
www114.zippyshare.com/v/zb3GAYzD/file.html
www114.zippyshare.com/v/lAJaZOBW/file.html
www114.zippyshare.com/v/tYc8SP8i/file.html
www114.zippyshare.com/v/0cAdYqxh/file.html
www114.zippyshare.com/v/8QFtgz6c/file.html
www114.zippyshare.com/v/GHXbMmbp/file.html
www114.zippyshare.com/v/Y8RIj6oL/file.html
www114.zippyshare.com/v/mItl2QAy/file.html
www114.zippyshare.com/v/tZI6KjRW/file.html

Where do you unlock the new automatron parts in nuka world?

"western" revolver, and it's not even a colt walker or dragoon

amazing

This one is from leakbro's original mega, was something changed after?

Piss off, Wyoming is comfy.

www111.zippyshare.com/v/H8zVyk5l/file.html
www111.zippyshare.com/v/z02f3xNx/file.html

And the english audio.

Not him, but Wyoming is shit.

which is why nothing has come out of it in Fallout. Even Montana did better, and thats sad

There was an update. No idea what changed.

I haven't played FO4 since last year Decemberish

Are the DLCs any good? How has modding improved the construction set? Is settlement building still tedious, pointless bullshit? Is leveling still extremely boring due to the perk system being 90% useless garbage?

>Mod of the Year inc

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17562/?

>Are the DLCs any good?
Far Harbor and Nuka World are fucking great.

Automatron is pretty fun, if not short.

The other DLCs, depends on if you like settlement building or not, they add some good features though.

>niggerface

Nice job withthe armor though

imgur please

>filename
What would his SPECIAL be?

Nuka world is already out?

>Is leveling still extremely boring due to the perk system being 90% useless garbage?
What?

Beta or leak

When I look at that, I get a strange sensation of the taste of hot garbage in my mouth.

Is it better to try and evenly divide the territories between the gangs or just give a majority of them to one of the gangs?

So far I have the Operators, Pack, and Disciples occupying one area each, but I noticed that there's kind of an uneven number of territories to hand out which I guess means at least one group gets treated like a redheaded stepchild.

Should I go 2/2/1 or 3/1/1 with my favorite group holding 3 territories or something?

Yeah, the beta of the Vault Tec workshop was a mess, and Nuka-World has already been updated.

Are those separate mirrors of the same update? Or are there just that many updates? :o

What the hell is the point of it, exactly? It has the same model animations and ammo as the base game .44 revovler, right?

>Are those separate mirrors of the same update? Or are there just that many updates? :o
It was broken up in to parts. You need all of them.

I haven't found any others, though I have found several locations that look like they should've been new ones.

Hey /fog/, i'm about to replay Fallout 4 for the first time since i finished it, about one week after it came out. What are the must-download mods, or just your favorites?

>NCR won the Dam, Ulysses nuked the NCR at the end of Lonesome Road, President Kimball got assassinated at his visit to Hoover Dam

Who cares, time to move on, get a life and expect new people, explore new locations and kill more raider scum.

I would have thought about actually buying the DLC if the overpass gunner base was a settlement.

Even after a few hours Nuka World still looks like shit. I'd be better off re-texturing and mapping it with the creation kit than trying to fix it up with workshop props and settlement mods. I really wanted to turn it into a New Vegas like gambling den with a bunch of traders, prostitutes, and robot guards.

Also a shame you can't edit Mags' or Dixie's hair and makeup.

Guess I'll just go back to Commonwealth and finish that Vault 88 building.

>Nuka World out
>suddenly trainwiz drops off and says nothing about Maxwell's world

But I already have a 10mm rifle

Oh nvm, yeah I thought that was just the update. user posted a mega of the original a day or so ago, but it must be down if others need a copy again.

Why not just get a torrent put together?

You're forced to invest perks if you wish to use the crafting mechanics and settlement mechanics to their full potential. When you can obtain all the available crafting for an item, the item is often laughably obsolete.

Likewise, the leveling system is also fast enough that the vast majority of crafting is inherently pointless and unnecessary; why bother upgrading your t45 when you'll just end up with a cheap suit of t60? Why bother making your own explosives/medicine/chems except for caps? Why bother gathering caps when the majority of "PREMIUM SUPER AWESOME" upgrades are done through the crafting system?

What you're left with afterwards is a skeleton of a leveling system that has a few notable skills, and tons of extremely boring filler talents.

I honestly remember 4 talents that aren't crafting, or INCREASES DAMAGE DONE BY 10% or just useless. That would be pain train, blitz, intimidation, and ricochet. Oh, also throw in stranger.

That's really all I can remember.

They're having trouble with the UV Wraps and Texturing last I heard.

> he was giving us more info on maxhouses planet a couple threads ago

But yeah sure he's dead.

so this is basically the canon ending to all shit that happened on NV

Trainwiz said his modelers are being fuckboys and is taking a break.
I don't think he cares about competing with Nuka World.

link or name pls

Don't listen to user, see this: and keep in mind this:

There's not much to update people on anymore.

What are the performance killing settings to tone down in 4? I made sure to hit shadow distance, but no idea where to go from here - apparently god rays are a huge hit, but they make shit pixelated if they're not on ultra.

Only 4 of the 70 perks are just for crafting.

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8276/?

>You're forced to invest perks if you wish to use the crafting mechanics and settlement mechanics to their full potential.
So like any good RPG.

>When you can obtain all the available crafting for an item, the item is often laughably obsolete.
Never had this problem DESU.

>Likewise, the leveling system is also fast enough that the vast majority of crafting is inherently pointless and unnecessary; why bother upgrading your t45 when you'll just end up with a cheap suit of t60? Why bother making your own explosives/medicine/chems except for caps? Why bother gathering caps when the majority of "PREMIUM SUPER AWESOME" upgrades are done through the crafting system?
-Because T-45 is easier to repair
-Because its easier to make a lot of them yourself then it is to go around to every shop and buy the 4-5 they have.
-Because theres still a lot of shit to buy, especially in the DLC, and DLC shit is expensive as fuck.

>. That would be pain train, blitz, intimidation, and ricochet. Oh, also throw in stranger.
But those are some of THE most useless perks in the game, except Blitz which is just super overpowered.

Would someone with Nuka World take a peek at it in CK and tell me the RGB values of each of these new hair colors?

023DLCPurple
024DLCBlue
025DLCBlueGreen
026DLCGreen
027DLCYellowGreen
028DLCLightPink
o29DLCOrange
030DLCRed
031DLCRedViolet
032Pink

Is it worth pirating the leak? I feel like the effort to get the game back into shape would be a pretty long haul, and then I'd probably need to redownload a bunch of mods post release. Then again, I haven't tried to use any of the dlc before.

I'm looking at the workshop mods, and they all seem pretty bad and unasked for. I was hoping to simply be able to assign complex tasks to settlers like

>Produce when resources are available to do so.
>Go route to and buy with caps from town.
>Vendor, when is in shop inventory, buy gun and give to settler without
>Settlers, when alarm sounds, go into area or access chest and take and x10

And etc. Like I was just extremely let down by how pointless the whole deal was. I couldn't even just hire vendors to give upgrades to items so I could justify building a settlement so I wouldn't have to invest in armorer/blacksmith/gun nut.

Here's an update: you are cute. CUTE!

One major thing to consider are the perks you get from them.

The Pack give you some wicked hot melee / unarmed perk.

The Operators give you a nice buff to sneak attacks / silent weapon damage.

The Disciples have a pretty underwhelming perk, I think it restores AP on hits or the like?

I know.

Oh my.

This is with the disciple perk + scav mag perk

>The Disciples have a pretty underwhelming perk
Their perk is that their women look T H I C C with their armored skirts.

Remind me famalam, what is the Disciples perk again?

Anyone?

And if you don't know, well, what are your personal plans for who gets to reign what side of the park?

???
Really good butts value?

You get a total of 8 locations, 5 inside the park, 3 back in the commonwealth before the point of no return. Don't think there is a way to math it out fairly but I only tried 2 combinations.

user, you're being stupid again....

You're joking right

Do you have to use all the locations or can you just give each faction just two?

To trigger the last quest in the quest chain? All 8.

>So like any good RPG.
Yes, if the RPG had alternate routes. Fallout 4 doesn't. It's either get these skills, or don't use a major touted feature of the game. You can't buy it, you can't "win it", you can't capture it, you're simply bound to have to do it.

>Never had this problem DESU.
Pipe pistols are obsolete the moment you get them. The 10mm pistol requires level 25 to fully unlock, but by then you really shouldn't be using a 10mm pistol. Likewise, the .44 pistol is decent when you first get it, but by the time you can fully upgrade it, you're using it just because it looks cool. So, it really becomes a "I GUESS YOU COULD USE THIS IF YOU HAVE AMMO", but there is no real shortage of ammo.

>-Because T-45 is easier to repair
When has repairing power armor ever been difficult? When would you have the fusion cores, but not the scrap to use it effectively?

>Because its easier to make a lot of them yourself then it is to go around to every shop and buy the 4-5 they have.
What exactly are you making? When is there ever a shortage of anything particular? You can't make ammo, and stimpaks are insanely common.

>-Because theres still a lot of shit to buy, especially in the DLC, and DLC shit is expensive as fuck.
Ok

>But those are some of THE most useless perks in the game, except Blitz which is just super overpowered.

My point is they're notable. They do SOMETHING. They're not "Reduces radiation damage from drinking water" or "Keeps your aim slightly more steady" or "Improves your stats at night."

>Just
I'm honestly putting in this category anything I would never see myself taking except for settlement mechanics.

I would never get medic, chemist, demolitions, local leader, cap collector as well as armorer, science, robotics expert, blacksmith or gunnut if it wasn't for the crafting mechanic attached to it.

I suppose if we're looking at it as "IT DOES NOTHING ELSE, BUT CRAFT" then sure, there are 4. 5 if you want to throw in local leader.

That looks so fucking stupid, it's just a 10mm mesh that somebody made bigger.

>I would never get medic, chemist, demolitions, local leader, cap collector
So you wouldn't get some of the most useful perks in the game, that greatly increase the effectiveness of things you do, but you WOLD get totally useless gimmick perks like pain train?

Not him but how backwards

You remind me that I unitonically used "thick" to describe a woman irl

Will you fuck off already. No one cares about this mod.

>i would never increase the healing of stimpacks and radaway
>i would never triple the duration of drugs
>i would never double the damage of explosives
>i would never hack a robot
wut

>medic
I'd agree if it wasn't such a pain to use stimpaks/radaway in survival, I much prefer going to a doctor for everything
>chemist
Refreshing beverage is the only important thing from this perk
>local leader
Only useful if you want to do the settlements meme, not very useful otherwise
>demo
Meh, different playstyle
>cap collector
For what?

Red-Eye's a great radio personality and I like his delivery on his bullshit stories and even his quirky (if poorly-sung) music, but I sure wish Nuka World had more tunes.

rude desu

I care

>you wouldn't download a car

As long as you said she was thicker than a bowl of oatmeal, it should be fine.

I guess if you're rolling a Blitz melee build that's gonna be rather dandy.

What are the exact numbers for the perks?

Also what's the perk you get for capping all the raiders?

Don't know why you'd pick a side for the perk anyways. It's not like you can't replicate all their effects with chems