Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

I AM the Meowstress edition

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHFU, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

siliconera.com/2016/05/16/capcom-new-monster-hunter-game-along-major-titles-planned/
gematsu.com/2016/08/capcom-announces-tgs-2016-lineup
nin-nin-game.com/en/e-capcom/15785-monster-hunter-x-cross-dinobaruto-red-sweat-zip-limited-edition-e-capcom-goods-en.html
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qW43OkWIXL8MA06HiGsShUoW7xzWVE-hRjKAoE5Jyzs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

siliconera.com/2016/05/16/capcom-new-monster-hunter-game-along-major-titles-planned/
>In addition to the popular franchise’s upcoming 3DS RPG Monster Hunter Stories, Capcom has plans for a new Monster Hunter title and more according to their financial results briefing for the year ended March 31, 2016.
>Keep in mind that two million units isn’t exactly the number Capcom would expect from a main entry Monster Hunter title, but we’ll likely hear about a new spinoff title for the series [for console] in addition to Monster Hunter Stories, based on what was mentioned in the financial results briefing.

gematsu.com/2016/08/capcom-announces-tgs-2016-lineup
>Capcom will stream Tokyo Game Show 2016 live from the show floor on September 15 from 20:00 JST, and September 17 and 18 from 10:00 to 17:00 each day. Expect the latest information on Capcom’s upcoming lineup.

2nd for SEEEEEE YAAAAAAAAA

I AM THIS SPACE FORTRESS!

nin-nin-game.com/en/e-capcom/15785-monster-hunter-x-cross-dinobaruto-red-sweat-zip-limited-edition-e-capcom-goods-en.html

>$100 dollars

Qt.

Uniqlo idiot, they don't have THAT stuff in Europe though, so much I can say. If you are an American you might be lucky.
Still got a sweet ass hoody from them, just have to find out how to get rid of the monster hunter on the front, MHGen hunters emblem can stay.

If gore goes back to sanctuary to lay, does it get impregnated along its journey or is it hermaphroditic

unlocked turns room
52-3857-9617-7994
rage

It transitions during it's transition as it is a progressive monster

Retoasting.
What's a good starting baguette + bug, aside from Hellblade?
I'm already at unlocked HR and I just made the Silver Sol meme set.

Official list of large monsters that need to go and stay gone:
Agnaktor
Alatreon
Barioth
Basarios
Brachydios
Blangonga
Bulldrome
Ceadeus
Cephadrome
Congalala
Dah'ren Mohran
Dalamadur
Daimyo Hermitaur
Diablos
Gendrome
Gigginox
Gobul
Gravios
Gypceros
Giadrome
Hypnocatrice
Iodrome
Jhen Mohran
Khezu
Kirin
Kushala Daora
Lagiacrus
Lao-Shan Lung
Monoblos
Nargacuga
Nerscylla
Rajang
Rathalos
Rathian
Seregios
Shagaru Magala
Shogun Ceanataur
Vespoid Queen
Velocidrome
Yian Garuga
Yian Kut-Ku
Zinogre

Somebody email this list to Capcom.

>tfw you're not a hermaphrodite

>not including the obvious

>not liking Agnaktor

I wish I could hold you accountable for your taste.

>go online
>EVERY bow user is always using Teo Bow

>you will never be a hermaphrodite shaggy tied down with vibrators in your orifices and bullets against your cock while screaming in euphoric pleasure

>Gore always has to go to sanctuary to shed
>The people of Cathar haven't destroyed that place yet or set up horrible traps there at the least
I mean come on, you KNOW that shit's happening eventually.

You forgot:

>every new monster introduced in gen 1, gen 2, gen 3, and gen 4

Not him but
>Liking Agnaktor

Yeah I love stupid shits made of diamond that have 30 second underground phases, swim across the planet for no reason constantly and out of reach into the lava for fun.

Be nice to him, he copy-pasted alot of names for these (You)s

>playing with randoms
>le competitive pve

Normally I hate that shit too, but I think Agnaktor has the most fun conclusions to his digging. Also the narrow Sonic Bomb windows (out of rage) are juicy if you can manage.

>I love to complain because I've never heard of sonic bombs

>Great Jaggi, Barroth, and Tigrex Hunter Ultimate

Items are a crutch and should not be required for tolerable fights. Same with bombs on Nibelsnarf.

What do you want them to use? It's the only good bow in the game. There aren't even any funny joke bows.

MH5 for NX should have all monsters from all games

>Literally 30 Blast when its fully upgraded
>Rapid Lv 5. with Load Up

blame capcom for making it to good

Fights that require items to make them slightly less tedious are well-designed.

Bet you like the Raths too.

No, it needs to be future minded like Tri rather than another nostalgia trip.

Weapons are a crutch. if you're not kicking or throwing stones you're a shitter who needs to use an outside source to do damage

Just make nostalgia content optional side paths

>needing to mention the platform
MH5 is for PS4 nigger. It has 50 million userbase. Projected 60 million by the time NX launches.

I think if MH4U/MHG are indicative of where they plan to go with this series, they're replacing the 2nd/3rd-gen model of "Base Console Game -> Portable Adaptation of that game -> Portable Expansion to that Adaptation" with "Base Game -> Expansion to the Base Game with Half the Monsters -> Expansion to the Base Game with the Other Half of the Monsters + Some Random Ideas They've Got Kicking Around".

I'm not actually fussed
handheld is just limited is all

>using load up on teo bow
>implying rapid 5 vs rapid 4
spotted the shitter

>not wanting 1 more MV

There's a lot of shit taste in that list but the one that offends me the most is Daimyo. How can anyone hate Daimyo?

>50 million userbase

Of which only slightly more than 3 million are in Japan

MH5 is more likely to be iOS-exclusive than it is to be on the PS4.

I, for one, hate it as much as the evil crab.
It's their sidewalk snippedy snap that infuriates m.e

>You couldn't carve anything off

>desperate sonyhilists

LOL give it up, mainline mh is never gonna be on a sony platform again. sorry about your 400 dollar bloodborne machine.

>Dreadking leaves area
>Go into area he's at
>Fire at entrance stuns me for a second
>He fireballs the entrance and it kills me
That's fucking dirty.

I'm so fucking glad I never have to fight that motherfucker ever again.

I'm a Hammer main.

I'm getting tired of hitting heads nonstop with hammer, what's a good sub weapon to get into?

where's your alatreon solo

What do I do with Rusted Fragments in MHGen?

>"support" prowler in hall
>gs guy shittalks him out of the hall
If only this happened for every support cat in multi.

are you retarded?

Made an IG and went aerial just to body that fucker.
I already miss playing the first fiddle in hunts.

Guess it's time to send his waifu to oblivion and be the M.I.P. again [/spoiler[

Tips to cut Glavenus tail without mounting spamming?

aerial dbs

Use longsword, Critical Juncture him when he does his over head tailslam.

HH

Get a long weapon.
Don't forget that it can only be cut when hot.

I always let GS players have their way with my huntress afterwards

hit it until it falls off

__________________________________________________________________________________________Hit it's tail until it falls off

how much of an boost is Airborne?

whats the best GS on this game
where the fuck its my diablos gs

I tried HH once but my time with it was so atrocious I couldn't use it again afterwards. I can solo a Tigrex in 4 minutes with hammer, but I made a random HH and it took almost 11.

>guy with toka armor in the hall
>title is still fledgling hunter
why does this bother me

I'm farming him for the hammer set too. I've made a bow set just for farming his dumb ass. It has made the hunts so much more bearable.

>exclusive
Here's your narrow minded thinking again.

A PS4 is cheaper than buying a 3DS and being tricked to buy N3DS afterwards.

I just made it to high rank in Village, what's a good LS wep tree to start with?

I know you can cut it while hot, I just have trouble to cut it with non-aerial styles since it moves so damn much.

>what's a good LS wep tree to start with?
Just make the Mizu LS and aim for his tail in general, stand in front of him to bait his overhead and use Critical Juncture to counter it and deal massive cutting damage to it. After that mount him and spam R on his tail, it should come off.

So I take it, Sonyggers even use time machines now to spread their bullshit?

it's also cheaper because it has no games to buy. good thing too, if it did you'd have to pay 60 dollars per year to play them online!

Does attacking the tail while it is not hot helps to cut it when it eventually goes hot?

I'm not sure, but it's good to get into a rhythm of hitting his tail in general. Also hit his throat when it goes red for a free knockdown, obviously.

That's because you don't know how to use it properly.

Where the hub rooms at?

I'd be willing to buy a ps4 for bloodborne and ni-oh, but paying for online is horseshit

>inb4 free games
don't care about any of them except maybe furi

regardless, mh is likely staying on 3ds for a long while, but not necessarily as an exclusive

I want to PET the Meowstress cosplayer!

Can anyone help?

Reminder that /mhg/ now has a TA sheet for generations.

If you don't know what TA is, it's kind of like a speedrun type of thing. Good fun and a way to try to improve your skills.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qW43OkWIXL8MA06HiGsShUoW7xzWVE-hRjKAoE5Jyzs

We're also accepting two player arenas this go around.

I can't stress this part enough
>Make sure to take a picture of your equipment at the end of the hunt, list your style/arts too!
Take a picture of the exact time past the results screen as well

Taking a picture of your items isn't necessary, but it'd be nice.

Don't know how to take a screenshot?
>N3ds: Home Menu -> Miiverse -> save screenshot. Then save it to your PC from the Miiverse website.
>O3ds: use your phone camera

Godspeed, Anons

Hit his adam's apple while it's red so he falls, you'll have more than enough time to cut the tail

Artian Armour.

artian

HOly fuck, I checked three times and I have all the materials but I can't find this goddamn thing in the Smithy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paying for online is the only deal breaker for me.
Still regretted getting a WiiU hard.
And this 3DS if Gen will really be the last title on it

Fuck off, discord.

HR Turns

52-2139-9749-2895

Thanks guys. Odd change from MH4U

You need to complete the prerequisite quest.

>literally all neat stuff comes from requests
>but this one does not im super sure of it
dust off the inside of your skull user

You still get rusted weapons, these things you asked about are new.

I never participated in the T/A runs from 4U.

I'm going to go ahead and put some entries in for a handful of them, just to get some benchmarks started.

There isn't really a scenario where a multi-plat Monster Hunter that includes the PS4 makes sense.

I could elaborate on that, and it's not a console war thing (I'd fucking love a multi-plat release because a PC Monster Hunter without the money-grubbing Frontier-ish shit would be awesome), but I'd really rather not bother if the only case I'm arguing against is "I would really really really like a PS4 release, and also I guess it would magically pick up a huge worldwide fanbase somehow".

they did the exact same thing in 4U.

So for IG should I be going for speed bug 2 for damage?
How many jellies is that gonna take

DQXI is both on 3DS and PS4.

see
Fucking retard.
And a lvl4 charge is 1.7x, while a normal lvl3 charge is 1.5x. You could get other skills instead.

Sakura Charm Farming! Come try to get those charms you never get while earning a shit load of money in the process

23-4033-5687-1951
Usual Pass

Eat for explorer if you want up to you

Just searched it and I see that speed bug 1 is better

Butting in here but I'm kind of glad Frontier isn't officially released in the west and also has a retarded typical mmo model.

I'm sure I would simply wither away playing that shit if the above weren't true.
The mainline games steal literal months worth of time from me as is.