New to bikes

Just had to sell my truck to pay off a attorney, never liked it anyways. But with my search of a new vehicle I found only motorcycles appeal to me (of the crotch rocket verity), even though I've never ridden one before. Like its been a craving every single day to be able to own one.

In short, I've come to decide on a CBR600RR as my first bike. Good decision, tips, advice?

Check the daily bike thread and ask your question there mate

>CBR600RR as my first bike
Get the CBR61000RR so you dont get bored in a week.

>61000rr

>only 600 CCs

If you aint got a liter, you aint got a peter.

CBR1000RR

>RR as first bike

Enjoy never learning how to ride properly and wondering why people are always laughing at your rear tire at meets

400cc's too little.

You're gonna die
Bike displacement =/= car displacement

You'll die.

I'd say buy a 500 or something as a first bike. You can start on a super sport, but they spoil you with power. Yes, you can learn on it, but it won't give you as solid a foundation. Everyone saying you'll die should fuck off. As long as you know EXACTLY what you'll be getting in to and how fast these bikes really are you'll be fine. Obviously go take the MSF course and all that fun stuff first.

Also, what do you want to do with this bike? Do you just want it as a commuter? A track day bike? A weekend bike?

>Suzuki
>3/10
>Handeling

What else did that faggot expect, he was cornering on the join of asphalt and concrete.

Cbr500r is a lot tamer, but with the same looks
I'd suggest you start with something smaller, with as little electronic aids as possible.

600s are a manageable beginner bike as long as you keep it under 5.5-6krpm until you know what you're doing.

I ride a litter, youll be fine.

fucking yourself with a 1liter bottle doesn't count m8

This, op will be fine
Just remember to post a pic on the dbt so we can mourn you along sef and r1cunt

RIP SEF

Poor crippled R1guy

At least he didn't post in /dbt/. The responses would've been even worse. Though some cunt did link this thread in there.

reddit is over there ------>

Maybe you should get going then nigger. Fuck off cunt

>He doesn't have a 61L inline four marine diesel engine in his bike

I want it to replace my main vehicle, so I'll be using it for everything everyday. I have zero interest in any other kind of vehicle, never have.
Also, thanks.

The one thing I'll warn you about is that these aren't especially comfortable bikes. If you're looking at the new CBR they seem to be a bit more comfortable. I haven't gotten the chance to ride one, but I've sat on them a few times. I've got an '05, and it SUCKS for extended periods of riding. Again, go take the MSF course before doing anything.

Also, what state do you live in?

How about a naked?
Much comfier ergos, same engines, but half the police attention!

Gs500 is a bulletproof beginner
Sv650 is easy on beginners, but a lot of fun
Look into different engine configurations, i4 need to be revved to make power, v-twins have an orgasmic torque curve

Italian V4s are absolute sex

Both of those motorcycles are slow. OP needs this as his main vehicle so he will need speed and a fairing. I think he should go as large as his budget allows, Hayabusa or ZX-14 would be his ideal bike.

>implying you would do that ever

Even if you did it doesn't change the brakes being strong as fuck and easy to lock/flip the bike end over end in a panic situation and it sure as fuck doesn't make the bike any less tempting to open up.

Anyone with half a brain buys a 650, rides it for a year or two then gets something else, whether it's a 600cc sportbike or a big touing bike or whatever.

Lel, no
A 300 can keep up with most cars

Not to mention how quick you can get in over your head on a bike that goes faster than 99% of everything else on the road.

You get cocky in the wrong situation and it'll bite you on the ass.

>inb4 I won't get cocky

You will, you're human.

This is why I said OP needs to know EXACTLY how fucking fast these things are. It's very easy to go fast on them. That's something I had to find out after buying mine after riding a 500 for 2 years. Knowing how fast they are and experiencing how fast they are were very different.

>recommending op gets a young girl's bike as his main vehicle
Don't you people have jobs? My fifteen year old nephew rides a 600cc i4 and that's only because his mother is a fucking pussy and took his peter

Assuming you're joking or referring to 90s Honda Civics as 'most cars'

Louisiana, but moving in with a friend over in Texas in about 4 months because I can't stand it here.
Making the assumption that I should be able to save around enough money to get one in that time, $2,000-$3,500.

Even used CBRs are expensive unless you buy a total piece of shit. You can probably pick up an 03'-04' for like $3,500ish. Though I don't know about prices is Texas. Unless you have good credit and want to finance a new one.

Usually the dbt advises to buy used for your first bike
About 1500 will be enough, especially with the US market

please realize that you WILL drop it, scratch it and possibly shrekt it.
>You'll inevitably get attatched to that piece of shit anyway

>you WILL drop it

I fucking hate people that say this. Most people will drop their bikes at least once, but not everyone drops their bike. My dad's been riding since the 70's and has never dropped/crashed any of his bikes. This is a guy who rode around Brazil for a decade on a little 400cc Honda and rides a '97 Valkyrie now.

>My dad
Fuck off, nobike
>Implying anyone would know if you slipped
or are you that much of a whore that you'll flaunt even your fails

>missed my post earlier

I'll admit I dropped my first bike on 3 separate occasions. I was giving an example you silly bitch.

>not a busa

Get something comfy with linear torque. I'd recommend a naked like the GS500 that has been mentioned before.

>get something really slow as your only vehicle
(y).jpg

Why are you recommending literally the worst bike ever made

In short, I've come to decide on a CBR600RR as my first bike. Good decision, tips, advice?

>In short, you're fucking retarded and apparently you've willfully ignored the thousands and thousands of posts, threads, articles, etc, all saying not to start on a supersport. Good job!

>Advice?

You don't seem to follow that anyways.

I'm coming at the dilemma with the mindset of getting a vehicle that I don't have to change for a good bit of time, something with enough range I wont get upset with after learning on it and peaking it's performance.
A solid, comfortable, but also exciting performer which is what I heard about CBR when compared to other 600s. So I came to Veeky Forums for the first time today to get second opinions, and appreciate all the feedback.

I think the CBR will be fine, but honestly, a 600 isn't the bee's knees for very long.

Ride a beater for a month then get a s1000rr, Easier to ride than a ninja 250 because of all the electronics.

If you've never ridden anything before I recommend taking the MSF course. I don't know what state you're in but when I took it in Illinois it was free.

I started on a CBR250r, rode it for two years and just upgraded to an FZ-07 that I commute on.

If you're looking for a bike that you're going to ride every day I really don't recommend a supersport. The ergos on my 250 are a bit sportier than my FZ, and honestly when I get back onto the 250 I ask myself how I ever rode it at all, I couldn't imagine being in an even more aggressive position every day.

If you really can't start on a 250/300 I recommend the FZ-07 or if you want the full fairing do a Ninja 650.

get a ducatti 1200, 600 is way too slow you will get borred in 4 minutes

how do you like the fz07 i am interested in one but i heard they are small for someone who is tall so i think fz09

RR's have a tendency to blow up on people, they have a little more hp, but the R's are ludicrously durable. If you have to go fuel injected I'd stick to the F4i, but an older F3 or F4 would be better to start on. Carbed bikes are a little harder to stand up and a bit less jumpy, and a lot cheaper too.

Get a GS500. Cheap and reliable. Plenty fast for a beginner.

Don't listen to the memequeens.

nth for gs500 a shit

Busa a shit

honda a shit

As you might have noticed from all the
> hurr durr get a Hayabusa or CBR1000RR
this ain't a great place to ask for advice OP. But I'll give you some. Get something small with no fairing.

Like a GS500

You mean he didn't tell you about the time he dropped it