What, exactly, is keeping this company afloat?

What, exactly, is keeping this company afloat?

Theyre the most reliable cars since forever. Theyre mostly slow shit but who normies dont care

which one would you buy?

Not him but I drive a yaris 5 speed as my dd it's got 160K and I haven't even had the check engine light come on yet, and I get 38mpg average

New corolla looks good, 2.0 and im set for a decade+.

Other toyota looks like alien idk

They make good, reliable, sometimes even nice looking cars?
And they make a lot of them
You just happened to pick an image with 4 terrible examples of their design

They're ultra reliable, cheap and comfortable for their class. They're the perfect brand for normies.

oop I forgot cheap

Consumer reports and stats says theyre no.1 in reliabilty. I think i never saw any stat that passes toyota.

guessing this is bait cos its fairly obvious

If your dad has that much money, why did he buy a Yaris?

I'm not that guy, but most people just treat cars as appliances. Unless you're into cars most people will go with practicality. The richest three people I know make $400,000 per year and drive a base level Mercedes diesel, an I4 Mustang and a Hyundai Sonata Hybrid

My dads dead and 2010 base model was less then 12 brand new

Customer service I don't think there is another company replacing frames for rust on 12 year old trucks and cracked dashes in 12 year old Camry's

>ultra reliable
love this meme

for 2015 reliability was:

Lexus
Mazda
Toyota

Whereas Mazda must sell best in class crossovers to Americans to stay afloat, Toyota rides NA to maximize profit on 20 year old and compatible international designs, while spending as little resource possible on waste like federal compliance.

Take the flagship Toyota product body on frame that nobody knows anything about. They don't need to sell one Japanese manufactured automobile here, but they do have to sell their NA produced vehicles here.

Why are the designs so bland? Because they *must* look good in ten years.

Or take the united states specific tacoma for example, where Toyota has a decisively more robust international truck which it decides not to import. But engages the nameplate as an experiment in a jobs program for Americans, while protecting the market share of the the other auto-makers, when their diesel hilux would otherwise completely own the free market.

It's not a meme when lexus has had the least problems per car in years. As long as I can remember. Since the beginning of o

People buying there cars by the millions.

You don't just become the world's largest car maker by making shit only you like, OP.

Reliable, practical, economical cars. That's it. Their fun cars are all Lexuses at this point except for the FR-S/GT86.

Toyota is synonymous with "car that doesn't fucking die" where I live.

Living in the hot caribbean where the roads are shit, cars are old and not maintained whatsoever, and there's very acclimate weather and constant sun/heat damage. Then you see a 15 year old toyota out performing a 2010 Ford you realize why these cars are superior.

>the OG normiewagons that dont break or invoke feelings, ultimate versatile appliance
>HURR why are they afloat
You wont believe it, but majority of people value mpg and reliability with a sense of ideal comfort some usage more than revs and grip when cornering. And still, they can do these things with some models

Not a meme by any measurable metric nor any anecdotal inputs I've heard.

wow! such nice cars

+1 to this
Richest guys I know all drive F-150's.
Not exactly the epitome of luxury.

They're built better

>he thinks its a meme
he doesnt know
what a fucking idiot
Toyota, Lexus, Honda, Mazda are the most reliable brands out today.

Even then, most of the parts in an FR-S are Fuji Heavy, and they're built in a Subaru plant.

Not honda or mazda. Honda lost its reliability meme in the late 90s. Mazda is hit or miss. Not to say they're Fiat tier but they can't touch Yota in reliability

Toyota 4 life.

Honda is still pretty fucking reliable.

So progressive

because normal people are looking for a car/van that just goes.

they do that, and until that changes they will remain where they are.

I DD an 02 camry with 340k miles to my boring job because no one there can drive and i don't want them hitting the cars i like.

>I think i never saw any stat that passes toyota.

I think you're thinking of Lexus m8. Lexus has been top of reliability since the dawn of time.

ummm....what is lexus' parent company again?

believe the meme

It doesn't actually work like that or Ford's would be reliable

i have a yaris , 190k i think i once had to get a new exhaust cause mine was loud.. everything else was due to vandalism or my own stupidity

it's a fantastic car

i also have 6 other vehicles but the toyota is the one i depend on

ok?

Toyota and Lexus reliability ratings are totally different you fucking retard. Why is this so difficult for you to understand? There's even a fucking graph with fucking pictures. Holy fucking shit, you are making me mad.

what part of lexus is a toyota and why they're reliable don't you get?

or are you a lexus owner who won't admit it's a toyota?

also chill out muthafucka.

If you go buy the JD Power study, it's problems per 100 vehicle as reported by branded franchise dealerships.

To stupid to figure out how to pair your phone to the stereo, and the dealership has to open a trouble ticket? Thats an issue. Break the cupholder and have to take it in for a repair? That's an issue

Generally, if you look at why Lexus scores better than Toyota, it's because as a company, Toyota has FAR higher QA standards on Leus productions lines than they do on the Toyota line. Where something might have 2mm of variability on a Camry, it can only have 0.5mm on a LS. This hold true for most companies that have both luxury and non luxury divisions.

Also, Lexus back on top again for 2016 VDS as well

had to look twice, looks like one of those Veeky Forums photoshop designs...

These minivans.

Not as good as hondafags would like you to believe, at best, they're on par with less reliable toyotas. My dad has an MY01 landcruiser Prado with over 300000 k's and it has NEVER broken down or had any problems, even the switches and paint are still almost as good as new, the only sign of wear is cracked leather, panel gap, and body damage from various minor accidents.

I would proudly drive one of these (left-hand drive only).

I borrowed a Suzuki Every a few years ago when I was in Japan; I fucking loved that thing.

boomers and people who believe lexus is a luxury brand

Autism: the thread

Lexus is a luxury brand tho, same with gaycura

Toyotas are great, they are built to go forever. Those coming out of the factory today are intended to go 300k miles. Lexus is similar but with even higher quality parts and standards. This isn't done secret either, just look at all the reliability reports. I only but Toyotas because I know they will last and as a result have higher resale value when I need a new one

Old people.

My dad owns a $4.5 million business and frequently drives a 2010 F150 and a 2003 E250.
Yet, I drive a FiST.

The millions of people who buy their cars.

soarer

To be fair, other than the CT and ES all Lexus cars are Lexus's own RWD platforms and engines.

>toyotas rwd platform and engine is not toyota

>What exactly
stuff you just posted, minivans, priuses (prii?) and corollas will always have shitload of customers. essentially cars you buy when you "grow up"

toyota funds lexus, lexus is separately designed from toyota

ISIS

You mean there are more than one people working in toyota? Ayyy

growing up means you become a tasteless twat
fuck

basically yeah. once your work, student loans, house mortgage, wife, kids and other suburban-class type shit kicks in, you don't have the time anymore for hektik cars because you're not thinking of the kids.

Same can be said for VW/Audi
>VWs awd platform and engine is not VW

Doesn't make it correct

wait till the divorce hits...then you get the sportscar again.

i'm not being sarcastic either it's what i did.

drove a oh so wonderful camry because it was "sensible" now fuck it my kids can fit in the backseat of my shitstang, or ride on the bench seat of my old truck.

>'looks out in office parking lot'
>half of it is filed Prius', Yaris', 4runners, tacomas, corollas, Camrys, and whatever the fuck the minivan is called
>[REEEE's internally]
>FUCKing NORMIES only buying boring cars new!!!
>no longer demand for Japanese God Machines of old
>Toyota is doing just fine.jpeg

>that 32 point power gap between Lexus and the rest

yota4lyf

strictly speaking for myself here, but after decades of owning 'exciting' cars, I realized having to worry about breakdowns and having actual breakdowns sucked.

Bought a Tundra and never looked back. Then I got an LS400 and continued never looking back. Maybe I'll get an SC400 for shiggles.